• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

zeebo

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 24, 2013, 01:22:24 AM
Nah, I've done something wrong, and don't know what.  If that's the case, I shouldn't be talking to people.  I'm sorry.  I'll go away for a while and no one has to worry about it.  Sorry, guys, just don't know what to say.  I fucked up.  Somehow.  Laters.

You're ok in my book Red, don't know what might have happened.  Hope you can stick around.

Heather Wade

Quote from: zeebo on November 24, 2013, 02:54:23 AM
You're ok in my book Red, don't know what might have happened.  Hope you can stick around.

Thanks.  Your posts are quite hilarious, and I enjoy them.

But.  That's what I get for talking to people and trusting people.  Who gives a shit if people are just going to fuck with me.
Sorry.  My mood has gone south.  I do not enjoy being the butt of someone's petty games.  Fuck this shit.  Fuck skype. 

I don't want to talk to anyone for a while.  Sorry.  I tried.  I gave it a good try.

Thanks for all the laughs zeebo.  You're really funny.

BobGrau

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 24, 2013, 04:26:21 AM

But.  That's what I get for talking to people and trusting people.  Who gives a shit if people are just going to fuck with me.
Sorry.  My mood has gone south.  I do not enjoy being the butt of someone's petty games.  Fuck this shit.  Fuck skype. 

I don't want to talk to anyone for a while.  Sorry.  I tried.  I gave it a good try.

Aah, you'll be back.

Door's always open, Red. Just leave a trail of breadcrumbs to find your way back.

With a bumper crop of honest to god trolls squatting on the Quits thread, I can't imagine you ever saying anything bad enough to want your comments deleted, or anyone jumping all over you. But if anyone did, give them the mental finger and put them on ignore.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 24, 2013, 09:01:46 AM
Door's always open, Red. Just leave a trail of breadcrumbs to find your way back.

With a bumper crop of honest to god trolls squatting on the Quits thread, I can't imagine you ever saying anything bad enough to want your comments deleted, or anyone jumping all over you. But if anyone did, give them the mental finger and put them on ignore.

I agree. Take a break if you must, but don't let anyone run you off. Too many quality members have left us lately.

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 24, 2013, 10:38:00 AM
I agree. Take a break if you must, but don't let anyone run you off. Too many quality members have left us lately.

^^^This one has my vote.  Sit back, have a drink or some dessert, then come back. 
Don't go near that "Quits" thread.  Trouble brews there.... :(

Juan

University of Georgia wide receiver Rantavious Wooten, on the subject of playing his last home game, talking about his "era" at the school.

Quote from: Juan on November 24, 2013, 11:46:01 AM
University of Georgia wide receiver Rantavious Wooten, on the subject of playing his last home game, talking about his "era" at the school.

Let me guess:  he's been on campus for one season?  And are people just making up names now?  Is that pronounced "Rant" or "Rahnt"?

lonevoice

It's like I walked into the last 15 minutes of a movie and I'm completely lost.  Redacted, has someone from this forum done something to you on skype?  Was it one of the known or suspected trolls, or was it someone who's been a member here for more than a minute?   MV doesn't usually nuke all the posts someone's made, though I think he might if you've posted some personal information that enabled someone with vicious intentions to stalk or harass you on skype or elsewhere.  I hope there's another way to fix this without you feeling you have to either leave the forum or have all your posts deleted.   Hoist the pirate flag and don't let any crazies drive you away.

Ravenna

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 24, 2013, 10:38:00 AM

Agreed.  Take a break, clear your head and let the tensions drain off, and then come back when you're feeling better about things.  Don't let other people, who are trying to do so just for sick fun, ruin this place for you.  Overall, if you can avoid the stinkers (which I've done so rather well so far, if I say so myself:  I just refuse to respond to them at all), this place is an interesting, sometimes wonderful group of people.

stevesh

The fact that in the time it took me to open Firefox and navigate to BellGab, I forgot what it was that annoyed me.

Please do stick around, Redacted.  I think probably all of us have felt a little beat up on these threads.  This too shall pass....

Ravenna

Quote from: stevesh on November 24, 2013, 02:20:14 PM
The fact that in the time it took me to open Firefox and navigate to BellGab, I forgot what it was that annoyed me.

I couldn't deal with Firefox.  Way too slow.  I use Chrome now:  it's fine.  I will also occasionally use Torch, but I'm still getting used to it.

zeebo

Quote from: Ravenna on November 24, 2013, 02:58:44 PM
I couldn't deal with Firefox.  Way too slow.  I use Chrome now:  it's fine.  I will also occasionally use Torch, but I'm still getting used to it.

I've been a Firefox fan for years and years.  However they've finally managed to alienate me with my last "upgrade" disaster which has broken all my websites and my plugins and more.  Just like Yahoo mail and Gmail and StumbleUpon and Windows and many many others have alienated me over the years.  Why do they keep breaking stuff that's working fine?

This leads into my major annoyance:  Software developers who just capriciously change my interface that I've gotten used to over years.  Please, have some respect for backward compatibility.  You know I have 3 Windows machines in this house, all using different versions, and every time I sit down at one I can't remember how to use the stupid File manager, because those water-cooler dictator engineers have changed the interface so many times I forget which is which.

It would be like going into your car one morning, to find that it updated itself so that the ignition slot is now under the seat, and the steering wheel is now a slider control attached to your seat belt, and the radio dials are now collapsed into a single button the size of a dime, and the cup holder is a different shape and blinks red for no reason.  All because some megalomaniacal engineer with a God Complex deemed that this new car interface now fits better with some trendy new abstract car paradigm - Look genius, I just need to get my car started to so I can friggin get to work!

jazmunda

People who complain that something doesn't work in their browser only to discover they are using IE.

Lost cause.

stevesh

When you mis-type target.com into your address bar and actually enter taget.com, it redirects to jcpenney.com. Reason enough not to do business with JCP, not that many people are anyway.

steelbot

When you can't find the droids you're looking for!

The General

That's what I get for talking to people and trusting people.  Who gives a shit if people are just going to fuck with me.
Sorry.  My mood has gone south.  I do not enjoy being the butt of someone's petty games.  Fuck this shit. 

HEY! WHO MESSED WITH (REDACTED)?!  I WILL NOT TOLERATE IT!

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: The General on November 24, 2013, 09:07:04 PM

I don't know, but it's pissing me off, too! 

stevesh

Quote from: The General on November 24, 2013, 09:07:04 PM

Unfortunately, we won't know unless she tells us, and she owes it to those of us who enjoyed her posts (and her podcast appearance) to do so. The whole thing seems a little drama-queenish to me, and I wouldn't have expected that from [redacted].

Juan

That I am about as annoyed that They killed Brian as I am that They killed Edgar.

TequilaMB

Gluten-free people who have no medical reason to be gluten-free demanding a gluten-free Thanksgiving dinner at my house even though I'll be buying all of the ingredients and doing all of the cooking.

Vegan people doing the exact same thing.

Having to tell them both to find somewhere else to eat because I've got too many other things to do to worry about spending time, energy and money on this unnecessary bullshit.

This is what happens when precious snowflakes grow up.

Quote from: Juan on November 25, 2013, 09:29:21 AM
That I am about as annoyed that They killed Brian as I am that They killed Edgar.

I am a pop-culture have-not in some ways, Juan... Are Brian and Edgar TV show characters?  I don't know who they are....

Quote from: TequilaMB on November 25, 2013, 04:00:08 PM
Gluten-free people who have no medical reason to be gluten-free demanding a gluten-free Thanksgiving dinner at my house even though I'll be buying all of the ingredients and doing all of the cooking.

Vegan people doing the exact same thing.

Having to tell them both to find somewhere else to eat because I've got too many other things to do to worry about spending time, energy and money on this unnecessary bullshit.

This is what happens when precious snowflakes grow up.

A-men. I hear you. I have nothing against either, and I'll make a special dish for the gluten free, vegans or vegetarians, but demand that the entire meal be catered to one person's dietary requirements? No effing way.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 25, 2013, 04:31:47 PM
A-men. I hear you. I have nothing against either, and I'll make a special dish for the gluten free, vegans or vegetarians, but demand that the entire meal be catered to one person's dietary requirements? No effing way.

Amen to that....  Fine, you're lactose intolerant.  We'll get you some special topping for your pumpkin pie dessert -- but don't expect everybody to partake.

plumwalrus

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 25, 2013, 04:31:47 PM
The holidays are already stressful enough!  I make preparations for my own dietary requirements for the meal and definitely don't stop the rest of my family from eating what they prefer.

Quote from: plumwalrus on November 25, 2013, 06:31:07 PM
The holidays are already stressful enough!  I make preparations for my own dietary requirements for the meal and definitely don't stop the rest of my family from eating what they prefer.

I was a vegetarian for around 5 years. Every Thanksgiving was a struggle between my mom and me. I'd eat the sides and pie and be very happy. She swore I was undermining my health and tried to pile turkey on my plate. Still don't eat much meat, so it's no biggie to prepare for vegans, but I will defend my right to that juicy, brown turkey to the last breath.  ;D

Cynnie

The war on fucking christmas announcements are killing me ..holy shit

AC400KICK

Quote from: Cynnie on November 25, 2013, 06:56:20 PM
The war on fucking christmas announcements are killing me ..holy shit

Call the Christmas scene what it is. Christmas, not a winter celebration or some similar thing. And this is coming from an atheist.

zeebo

Quote from: jazmunda on November 24, 2013, 04:35:17 PM
People who complain that something doesn't work in their browser only to discover they are using IE.

Lost cause.

How about people who refer to Google as something that's like somehow in their computer, as in "Come over here and fix my Google!"