• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Music

Started by RealCool Daddio, April 24, 2011, 10:21:45 PM

ziznak

sorry but i was listening to some carcass and slayer came up...  i couldnt help myself i laughed very loudly while i watched this shit but.... when i put myself like into myself from back in the day... this was the most kick ass metal ever... when i was like young n shit...

Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: ziznak on February 17, 2013, 04:55:25 PM
sorry but i was listening to some carcass and slayer came up...  i couldnt help myself i laughed very loudly while i watched this shit but.... when i put myself like into myself from back in the day... this was the most kick ass metal ever... when i was like young n shit...

I've seen these fuckers 6 times! They still are the most kick ass metal band ever bro. I'm still waiting for the return of Hanneman to the band. They should be putting out a new album this year. Slayer is mandatory when ever I'm on a drunk, hahahahaha. Don't get me wrong, I'm into all sorts of metal. Check this shit out.

Burial- Skull Fucked (5/19/06)

Alright metal lovers, do any of you collect Shogun Warriors?
It seems like every metal band has one guy who owns a wall full of toy robots.

analog kid

One could do a lot worse than Slayer. Take Suicidal Tendencies, for example. Thought they were the shit when I was younger, but anything after the first album is cheesetastic as an adult. Also can't listen to a single note from Metallica. Just the name Metallica exudes cheese.

Suicidal Tendencies - Waking The Dead

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: analog kid on February 19, 2013, 10:45:58 PM
One could do a lot worse than Slayer. Take Suicidal Tendencies, for example. Thought they were the shit when I was younger, but anything after the first album is cheesetastic as an adult. Also can't listen to a single note from Metallica. Just the name Metallica exudes cheese.

I feel the same way about ST, I liked them as a kid, even their late 80's albums, but once I turned about 17(1992), I lost interest. I also now view them as a progenitor of rap-metal/nu metal, which are unpardonable sins.

analog kid

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 19, 2013, 10:53:12 PM
        I feel the same way about ST, I liked them as a kid, even their late 80's albums, but once I turned about 17(1992), I lost interest. I also now view them as a progenitor of rap-metal/nu metal, which are unpardonable sins.

Rap-metal - awful, while my version of hell would be forced to listen to nu-metal. Testosterone laden horsehocky for the most deplorable mooks in the history of this country.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: analog kid on February 19, 2013, 11:30:24 PM
Rap-metal - awful, while my version of hell would be forced to listen to nu-metal. Testosterone laden horsehocky for the most deplorable mooks in the history of this country.
It really is. Steroid freak moron music, "let's pump iron and rage out, dude"! I'd rather have fountain pens kicked into my eardrums. Also related to "mall metal" from the likes of Pantera. These shitty bands in the 90's like White Zombie are why I stopped being a headbanger, at least in modern terms.

Rap metal is for white kids who don't realize they're whiggers. It's 99% rap, 1% metal.

Usagi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 19, 2013, 11:37:57 PM
These shitty bands in the 90's like White Zombie

Okay, so they weren't great, but I think you are unfairly lumping them in with some true crap.  Plus, Rob Zombie is a pretty righteous dude...

Rob Zombie - Never Gonna Stop (The Red Red Kroovy)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Usagi on February 19, 2013, 11:46:49 PM

Okay, so they weren't great, but I think you are unfairly lumping them in with some true crap.  Plus, Rob Zombie is a pretty righteous dude...

I'll give him this, his band was better than his brother's(Powerman 5K) and Rob comes across as a very bright,a student of history of film/music. I had White Zombie's first two records...but couldn't get into them. Then overnight they got huge. I'm feeling very old. I think I'll watch the Hallmark Channel and listen to my arteries harden.

If White Zombie and Pantera are mall metal, I guess I have to say I'm also a fan of mall metal. Both of these groups are unlike what I think of as "typical" nu or rap metal groups from the 90s. They became popular at that time, but that doesn't mean they belong in the same bin as Korn and Slipknot.

Sardondi

It really is. Steroid freak moron music, "let's pump iron and rage out, dude"! I'd rather have fountain pens kicked into my eardrums. Also related to "mall metal" from the likes of Pantera. These shitty bands in the 90's like White Zombie are why I stopped being a headbanger, at least in modern terms.

Rap metal is for white kids who don't realize they're whiggers. It's 99% rap, 1% metal.
Are those guys not bothered by the fact that their fan base is 95% pimple-faced 14-year-olds?

Okay, silly question.

One of the worst aspects of the UFC.

McPhallus

all those people randomly running around pyramids and riding motorcycles and wearing rags.  What would Zahi Hawass have to say about that.

McPhallus

Quote from: Usagi on February 19, 2013, 11:46:49 PM

I could never get into them.  They just seemed like over-the-top theatrics first and foremost, while the actual music was somewhere further down on the list of priorities.  I heard Zombie interviewed a couple of times "back in the day," and he came off like a total self-interested douche.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on February 20, 2013, 08:22:38 AM
Are those guys not bothered by the fact that their fan base is 95% pimple-faced 14-year-olds?

Okay, silly question.

Revenue aside :D , I know I'd be horrified by that. It speaks to the emphemerality of the music biz, those 14 year olds will probably not being listening to you when they turn 21. And tomorrow's pimple faced 14 year olds will probably into something different.

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on February 20, 2013, 09:00:08 AM
One of the worst aspects of the UFC.

If not most sports at this point, the meathead quotient becoming larger and more unbearable.

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 20, 2013, 08:11:28 AM
If White Zombie and Pantera are mall metal, I guess I have to say I'm also a fan of mall metal. Both of these groups are unlike what I think of as "typical" nu or rap metal groups from the 90s. They became popular at that time, but that doesn't mean they belong in the same bin as Korn and Slipknot.
True enough, I'm probably guilty of painting with a broad brush, because I strongly dislike the knockoffs of Pantera/White Zombie, who were at the forefront of nu-metal. Nu-metal probably begins for certain around '94 with the ascension of Korn. "Mall metal" being typified by Disturbed...it irks me that they outsell, say Nevermore or Exodus by a factor of 20.

ziznak

Just hearing you mention the genre of Nu-metal makes me cringe... technically I like the guitarists in Korn.  These guys were FX masters and I have to say the first two albums were good although even their second release had the tell tale overproduced feel that is now representative of the band.  Pantera... cmon wtf Dimebag is listed with some of the best guitarist EVER... Phil was an awesome vocalist.  It was only in the later years that they became associated with meathead assholes... when they were unknown they gave a lot of strength to many disgruntled youth.  Disturbed... yes... epitome of suck ASS money metal.  I HATE THAT SHIT.  The true oldschool were metallica megadeth anthrax slayer and any of those other great bands that originated back in the 80's when metal was lucky to hit gold.  MOD and SOD are still on heavy rotation at my apartment.  Suicidal is well respected but too much punk for me.  don't know what happened to metal but it took a wrong turn after thrash metal.... with the exception of DEATH METAL which I wont discuss with any one who doesn't already appreciate it.  It's an acquired taste.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ziznak on February 20, 2013, 10:53:15 AM
Pantera... cmon wtf Dimebag is listed with some of the best guitarist EVER... Phil was an awesome vocalist.  It was only in the later years that they became associated with meathead assholes... when they were unknown they gave a lot of strength to many disgruntled youth.  Disturbed... yes... epitome of suck ASS money metal.  I HATE THAT SHIT.  The true oldschool were metallica megadeth anthrax slayer and any of those other great bands that originated back in the 80's when metal was lucky to hit gold.  MOD and SOD are still on heavy rotation at my apartment.  Suicidal is well respected but too much punk for me.  don't know what happened to metal but it took a wrong turn after thrash metal.... with the exception of DEATH METAL which I wont discuss with any one who doesn't already appreciate it.  It's an acquired taste.

The Pantera of Power Metal/Cowboys from Hell were cool, Anselmo was like a Halford, Dimebag played like Eddie Van Halen. They got too big, and by 1996 were just ok at best. Dimebag burned out, I don't know if was the booze or weight gain, but when he died he was fat enough to be an honorary member of Heart.

Caruthers612

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on February 16, 2013, 05:12:25 AMof them all.... i love the cello the most. This piece in almost any form is my favorite and always puts the same image in my mind.

Zen, so interesting you should mention this. When I was a young teenager, I discovered the English group Renaissance, who quickly became one of my favorites, as they are to this day. Their adaptation of the Adagio was the first version I'd ever heard, and while because of the group's classical influence and incorporation of snippets of Tchaikovsky and Prokofiev in some of their songs I suspected that the music of "Cold is Being" might be a famous piece, I wouldn't hear it on its own for some years. I hope you enjoy this.

Cold Is Being - Renaissance

Far Beyond Driven was the last Pantera I listened to, and I thought it was a great album. Equal to Cowboys, if not better. Shedding Skin is one of the tracks that stands out for me.

Usagi

I was listening to some Alan Lomax field recordings today, which are amazing.  This one is my favorite right now:

"Jesus on the Mainline"

Sardondi

Quote from: Usagi on February 20, 2013, 10:02:00 PM
I was listening to some Alan Lomax field recordings today, which are amazing.  This one is my favorite right now:

Alan Lomax: the man who saved America's musical heritage.

The return of Led Zeppelin has more rumors than that of Art Bell. 

The other day, in answer to the question, Robert Plant said "I've got nothing to do in 2014"..

Sardondi

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 22, 2013, 07:17:21 PM
The return of Led Zeppelin has more rumors than that of Art Bell. 

The other day, in answer to the question, Robert Plant said "I've got nothing to do in 2014"..
...except look like a 70-year-old man (okay 67 or however old you are). Please, please don't do it, Robert. As much as I absolutely detest that little girl's blouse which some girl you were boning embroidered for you and made you wear every moment you were onstage in The Song Remains The Same, I would rather remember the way you, pig-drunk Bonzo, heroin-addled Jimmy, and overlooked and professional JPJ looked there, than how you two or three will appear in 2014: craggy, saggy, puffy and lame.

Quote from: Sardondi on February 22, 2013, 11:47:33 PM
...except look like a 70-year-old man (okay 67 or however old you are). Please, please don't do it, Robert. As much as I absolutely detest that little girl's blouse which some girl you were boning embroidered for you and made you wear every moment you were onstage in The Song Remains The Same, I would rather remember the way you, pig-drunk Bonzo, heroin-addled Jimmy, and overlooked and professional JPJ looked there, than how you two or three will appear in 2014: craggy, saggy, puffy and lame.
Guessing you aren't a Zep fan.  Not surprised, actually, what with the raw sexuality and all.

Sardondi

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on February 23, 2013, 12:31:54 AM
Guessing you aren't a Zep fan....
Actually I am. Which is why I don't want them to be as ridiculous as 70+ y.o. Rolling Stones. Or I should say "50% of The Rolling Stones" which is all that's left. Although I'd guess that Keef looks pretty much like he did 25 years ago.

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on February 23, 2013, 12:31:54 AM
Guessing you aren't a Zep fan.  Not surprised, actually, what with the raw sexuality and all.
What.the.hell? Where'd this stuff come from? Sounds like there's some real anger there for some reason. Does my appearance here offend your sensibilities? Let me suggest that you use the "Ignore" feature rather than make gratuitous insults from out of nowhere.

Quote from: Sardondi on February 23, 2013, 06:12:18 AM
Actually I am. Which is why I don't want them to be as ridiculous as 70+ y.o. Rolling Stones. Or I should say "50% of The Rolling Stones" which is all that's left. Although I'd guess that Keef looks pretty much like he did 25 years ago.

What.the.hell? Where'd this stuff come from? Sounds like there's some real anger there for some reason. Does my appearance here offend your sensibilities? Let me suggest that you use the "Ignore" feature rather than make gratuitous insults from out of nowhere.
I wasn't taking a shot, although in hind sight I can certainly see it coming across that way.  What with the avatar and the sometimes hard right views, you can come across a bit old fashioned and crusty (also not a shot at you, just an observation). 

I think it is kind of cool that the Stones are still doing shows.  They certainly arent't what they used to be, although the new song Doom and Gloom is pretty solid, reminiscent of their early seventies sound. Nostalgia can be fun, even if only for nostalgia's sake (and I gotta say, you seem to be a pretty nostalgic guy).  After all, aren't most of us hoping that Art drag's his old bones in front of a microphone for a swan song?

Sardondi

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on February 23, 2013, 09:58:08 AM
I wasn't taking a shot, although in hind sight I can certainly see it coming across that way.  What with the avatar and the sometimes hard right views, you can come across a bit old fashioned and crusty (also not a shot at you, just an observation). 

I think it is kind of cool that the Stones are still doing shows.  They certainly arent't what they used to be, although the new song Doom and Gloom is pretty solid, reminiscent of their early seventies sound. Nostalgia can be fun, even if only for nostalgia's sake (and I gotta say, you seem to be a pretty nostalgic guy).  After all, aren't most of us hoping that Art drag's his old bones in front of a microphone for a swan song?

Ah, that makes more sense. I was just so surprised. And it's absolutely true - I play the the curmudgeon's curmudgeon, and, yes, very nostalgic...which is one reason I hate to see groups stay on and come back. All is well.

Usagi

*sigh*  Misexpressed or misinterpreted tone on the internets.  The bane of my existence... causing strife between two of my favorite Coastgab posters.  It just won't do.  Gratefully, though, there was reconciliation.  But the scars will remain...

Now, time to cleanse the palate with a catchy tune.

Little Willie John - All Around The World

Sardondi

Quote from: Usagi on February 23, 2013, 12:57:28 PM
*sigh*  Misexpressed or misinterpreted tone on the internets.  The bane of my existence... causing strife between two of my favorite Coastgab posters.  It just won't do.  Gratefully, though, there was reconciliation.  But the scars will remain...

Pffft. Scars. But what are scars? Like Cyrano, I jest at scars gained at the point of the swords of either my enemies or in error by my friends. Jest, I say! Do you hear me? Thus! La! La! And so! Ah, it is nothing. Nothing!

Oh, and the simile/smilie thing - look, why may not posters claim the inspiration of daemons or muses just as so many artists who claim they can not say what their works mean, because they were under the inspiration of their muse? They claim are merely vessels, merely tools, that they have no control and are being driven by an unknown force. Why should it not be so with online forums?

I think  your supposed "error" in typing "simile" was such a perfect transposition of smilie. Are smilies not similes? Symbols? Stand-ins, shorthand to quickly express another related idea? It has brilliance, say I. You may not have consciously intended to type "simile" - it's such a perfect typo. But why was it not your internet muse working upon you, expressing a subconscious inspiration of your artistic soul?

There was a greatness of spirit there, perhaps Picasso working in you. While your immediate impulse to humility, that you had erred, does you credit. But it was far from a mistake. It was the work of you muse. Wear it proudly.

Usagi

Quote from: Sardondi on February 23, 2013, 02:14:26 PM
I think  your supposed "error" in typing "simile" was such a perfect transposition of smilie. Are smilies not similes? Symbols? Stand-ins, shorthand to quickly express another related idea? It has brilliance, say I. You may not have consciously intended to type "simile" - it's such a perfect typo. But why was it not your internet muse working upon you, expressing a subconscious inspiration of your artistic soul?

There was a greatness of spirit there, perhaps Picasso working in you. While your immediate impulse to humility, that you had erred, does you credit. But it was far from a mistake. It was the work of you muse. Wear it proudly.

See?  You read me perfectly.  The muse takes hold of my untamed artist's soul and I can't be bothered with silly things like clear, legible communication.

Waaaaait.  That's sarcasm isn't it?  I can't tell!  It's in text!

fuuuuucccckkkk