• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

tim russert's death

Started by MV/Liberace!, June 14, 2008, 10:22:20 PM

MV/Liberace!

so tim russert is dead.  what do you guys think of him?  i didn't have any problem with him until he turned his back on don imus.  prior to imus letting loose with the "nappy headed hos" flap, russert was on imus' show regularly... particularly when it came time to promote his dumb book about his dad who apparently taught him nothing about loyalty.  when imus got into hot water with the civil rights frauds out there, russert joined the list of people who were piling on against imus, his friend of many years. 

i know you are supposed to say nice things about people when they die, but i just have to say i have little respect for russert as a man.  i do not believe in disloyalty.  i would have made a wonderful mafia figure.

I liked him. Not much, but I liked him.  But I can like people I don't have a whole lot of respect for (  a side-effect from spending too much time with shady pals in 3rd world ghettos).  I felt that he had that "trustworthy newscaster" feel to him. Not that he was was actually trustworthy, just that he had that feel. I also felt that he was a little simple or naive, regardless of achievements or education.  Certain questions and positions I've seen him ask and take gave me that feeling. Which is why that Imus issue doesn't surprise me.  I wouldn't chalk it up to disloyalty per se, but more likely business related limber tail, IMO.***Add - Which now that I think about it some more, is still related to loyalty, so I agree with MV on that note.)

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 14, 2008, 10:22:20 PM
so tim russert is dead.  what do you guys think of him?  i didn't have any problem with him until he turned his back on don imus.  prior to imus letting loose with the "nappy headed hos" flap, russert was on imus' show regularly... particularly when it came time to promote his dumb book about his dad who apparently taught him nothing about loyalty.  when imus got into hot water with the civil rights frauds out there, russert joined the list of people who were piling on against imus, his friend of many years. 

i know you are supposed to say nice things about people when they die, but i just have to say i have little respect for russert as a man.  i do not believe in disloyalty.  i would have made a wonderful mafia figure.

QFT. That's pretty much how I see it myself. If Russert ever showed his true colors, I think this would be one of the best examples.

Has anyone heard the rumors started by Hal Turner that Russert was a regular underground contact of his? I think it's probably a bunch of horse shit, but they did live in the same area, both were irish catholics, and both involved in the political scene. It has a ring of sense to it...but knowing Turner's past outrageous claims, I doubt it. Then again, it has been proven that he was close friends with Sean Hannity and other politicos and talking heads..so I really don't know what to think about it I guess. 

I wasn't very familiar with him...do you think it was a natural death, one can really never be too sure these days.

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on June 17, 2008, 05:56:02 PM
I wasn't very familiar with him...do you think it was a natural death, one can really never be too sure these days.

I mentioned something like this to my wife. You never know anymore with heart-attacks because there are forms of untraceable(post mortem) poisons that basically cause death by spurring on a heart attack.  This dude was involved heavy in the Valerie Plame/"Scooter" Libby situation, so yes, I have questioned his death especially after hearing that he passed a physical/wellness test something like a month prior. THAT BEING SAID, this is also a guy who must have been to many, MANY various dinner functions, and I have seen more then a few clips of him eating, SO, you also have that.

MV/Liberace!

i look at it this way... russert was an overweight 58 year old man with a cardiac history.  'nuff said.  dawg.

i used to be a 911 dispatcher (medical, not law enforcement), and if somebody of his age with his history called in with so much as a case of stomach pain, we would have sent an ambulance code 3 (with lights and sirens) to get him asap.  he had all the risk factors, not to mention the stress associated with his line of work.  hell, i heard yesterday he was getting ready to utter the first words in a voice-over for his show when he died.

live for today, people.  there is no better advice one can give you.

Max

heh, could it be a conspiracy?? or just plain bad luck....

in canada they are doing commercials for men to goto the doctor's and get their heart checked...  because you never know whats going on without a checkup...

Could Bad Luck have conspired to get Tim Russert?

Also, it's pretty damn funny, in an ironic sense, when you look at that picture of Imus and Russert, that Imus is the one who's still alive after the beating his body has taken. The man is a walking boot.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on June 18, 2008, 03:15:56 PM
Could Bad Luck have conspired to get Tim Russert?

Also, it's pretty damn funny, in an ironic sense, when you look at that picture of Imus and Russert, that Imus is the one who's still alive after the beating his body has taken. The man is a walking boot.
fucking brilliant point.  imus used to do rails directly off of the control board WHILE on air.  rock and roll, baby.  rock and roll.

by the way... doesn't imus sorta look like an amalgamation of the kid in the movie "mask" and alan colmes?

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 19, 2008, 05:53:53 AM

by the way... doesn't imus sorta look like an amalgamation of the kid in the movie "mask" and alan colmes?

I'm not saying they look exactly alike, but Imus' face always makes me think of cinema's classic 70's & 80's heavy Richard Lynch

***ADMIN EDIT Remix - This should work. The last pic was perfect, but the new one is actually pretty good too***

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on June 20, 2008, 02:07:44 AM
I'm not saying they look exactly alike, but Imus' face always makes me think of cinema's classic 70's & 80's heavy Richard Lynch

***ADMIN EDIT*** image hotlink apparently wasn't allowed.  bastards.  find another image if you would and remove my edit.

OH!  Now I'm SO f curious  - please do replace the image!

Here's the fixed post

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on June 20, 2008, 02:07:44 AM

***ADMIN EDIT Remix - This should work. The last pic was perfect, but the new one is actually pretty good too***

Frys Girl

His son is one lucky bastard. Before he died, Tim asked his son, "you can have a job on any show you'd like." Being a smart boy, he said "Conan O'Brien Show, of course".

I also saw his son 2 weeks ago while he was buying expensive gucci shoes. You know the kind preppy dudes wear without shoes? Not the Dude type, but you know what I'm saying, right? Anyway, he looked happy snappy. He's handled the sudden death of his dad pretty well, at least while he's in public buying shoes.

EvB

QuoteI also saw his son 2 weeks ago while he was buying expensive gucci shoes. You know the kind preppy dudes wear without socks? Not the Dude type, but you know what I'm saying, right? Anyway, he looked happy snappy. He's handled the sudden death of his dad pretty well, at least while he's in public buying shoes.

You mean boat shoes?  This may be a New England thing - but that's all I could picture. Like most shoes, they come in all kinds of colors and color combos - but regular shades of leather are most common.

Frys Girl

LOL. EvB you rock. Yes something along these lines. New England fashion is HUGE in these parts. Especially with the white devils. Washington's elite, the ppl Sarah Palin wants to make mooseburgers out of, love these sorts of shoes. Seriously though.... imagine the foot stink. Gross!