• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Don Imus -- "THE MUMBLER"

Started by George Drooly, March 17, 2011, 10:58:44 PM

George Drooly

What did he say? Something about his saddle chafing his groin? A corpse held aloft by pallbearer yes-men.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: George Drooly on March 17, 2011, 10:58:44 PM
What did he say? Something about his saddle chafing his groin? A corpse held aloft by pallbearer yes-men.

He usually has a nice hot cup of formaldehyde first thing in the morning.

HAL 9000

I've listened to him occasionally - and is occasionally funny, but there is one thing stuck in my head...

Have you seen him lately? I swear he must have been the model used under the Shroud of Turin. Compare and you'll agree!

Tarbaby

All true. Plus he's a terrible bully to his entire staff, he's a full-blown blatant hypocrite, he's confused and out of it moment by moment. He's supposed to have 2½ more years on his relatively new contract but I predict here that he will be gone (deceased) or retired before his contract ends.
   One thing I disagree with above is Imus is NEVER funny but his staff sometimes is. He talks cowboy shit constantly, pushes cowboy music, loves creating awkward moments by embarrassing people, has temper tantrums like a 2 year old, threatens to fire staff routinely, wears that stupid cowboy hat, just bought another property in Texas and is building a roping rodeo arena. He walked away with $50 mil when he got fired a while back for a joke about "nappy headed ho's" when he filed a lawsuit against the company that fired him. MSNBC I think. Because in his contract it says he is paid to be funny and edgy.
   He's what the French call L'enfant Terrible. Imagine an insane  two-year old brat with a red face throwing a tanrum. Or a cowboy Kim Jong Un.

phobos2995

IMUS does great work helping people. Its his "gimmick" to be "mean".. those who know and love him "get it".  I think he is great interviewer and can be hilarious.

Imus should have hung it up 15 years ago. I say this as someone who grew up a huge fan of his. Even his newsman Charles McCord knew it was time to get out, but Imus can't take a hint.

He looks like a near death Katherine Hepburn in a cowboy hat.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on September 23, 2014, 08:59:41 PM
Imus should have hung it up 15 years ago. I say this as someone who grew up a huge fan of his. Even his newsman Charles McCord knew it was time to get out, but Imus can't take a hint.

He looks like a near death Katherine Hepburn in a cowboy hat.

In all seriousness, I really expected to read of his passing when I saw this thread reactivated.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 23, 2014, 09:08:35 PM
     In all seriousness, I really expected to read of his passing when I saw this thread reactivated.

I fully expect him to croak on the air and the show to run another three weeks after completely unawares.

Holy crap, haven't seen you post here in a blue moon!  Welcome back, Tao!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on September 23, 2014, 09:26:43 PM
I fully expect him to croak on the air and the show to run another three weeks after completely unawares.

The smell of death has filled that studio since he was at WNBC. I'm sure Fox Business will find some newsbunnies to take the slot.

Quote from: West of the Rockies on September 23, 2014, 09:58:49 PM
Holy crap, haven't seen you post here in a blue moon!  Welcome back, Tao!

Thanks! Didn't think anyone remembered.

I stumbled across John B Smells firing and realized I hadn't checked in here since the Dark Matter/Sirius debacle.

Corona Kitty

Don imus...    pure garbage radio

zeebo

I never to listened to him back during the "old days" so don't know if I missed anything, but his early show on fox biz seems to be totally pointless.  I don't get why I should care about some country music song he likes or some anecdote about some trendy restaurant he went to twenty years ago or whatever else he's mumbling on about.

eyenoeyeno

Oooooooooo.I know someone who looooooovvvvveeeessss Imus. Listens religiously.

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on June 25, 2015, 10:44:53 AM
at least I'm assuming it's the same imus

zeebo

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on June 25, 2015, 10:44:53 AM

There is a dude on this site, who I remember saying still listens.  My general respect for this particular dude makes me think there must be some redeeming quality of the "I-man" I'm missing.