Author Topic: Michael Savage  (Read 68909 times)

Re: Michael Savage
« Reply #420 on: April 23, 2018, 06:54:05 PM »
I can't believe Savage is actually on the radio today. He's broadcasting from D.C. where he's a guest at the White House for the Macron state dinner. He never resists an opportunity to take the day off.

Savage and Bell are the same age and a lot alike. I recently learned of Savage's remarks about Bell and the ensuing lawsuit. I'm surprised Savage didn't just apologize.

Savage seems to hate what he does most days. He longs to have a less-political format. He wants to talk about what he enjoys, just like Art, and a lot of their interests overlap. But Savage is such an angry SOB so much of the time that he could never develop a similar rapport with callers. Both exuded ego but Savage's often manifests in pretty uncomfortable radio.
I and other listeners are reminded a lot of Jean Shepherd by Mr. Savage, but Savage denies having known of, let alone being influenced by, Shep.  I'm not sure whether to believe Savage about that.  But the angry edge is nothing like Shep on air.

I listened today, and of course Savage did his practically trademarked bit, repeatedly, of telling the audience what he was sick of hearing about.  Hard to take that seriously when he's the one bringing it up.

« Reply #421 on: April 23, 2018, 08:23:38 PM »
I just don't get how he can do two hours and get away with a pieced-together third. I know he's always done it, and he's probably pissed at the drop-off in hour-3 from stations carrying only the first two, plus he's old and all...but 3 hours is not a lot to ask.

I guess stations don't mind. I'm surprised guys like Levin don't hit him on that instead of the "meatballs" dig. They sure hate him, and God knows it's mutual.

« Reply #422 on: April 23, 2018, 09:05:50 PM »
I can't believe Savage is actually on the radio today. He's broadcasting from D.C. where he's a guest at the White House for the Macron state dinner. He never resists an opportunity to take the day off.

Savage and Bell are the same age and a lot alike. I recently learned of Savage's remarks about Bell and the ensuing lawsuit. I'm surprised Savage didn't just apologize.

Savage seems to hate what he does most days. He longs to have a less-political format. He wants to talk about what he enjoys, just like Art, and a lot of their interests overlap. But Savage is such an angry SOB so much of the time that he could never develop a similar rapport with callers. Both exuded ego but Savage's often manifests in pretty uncomfortable radio.

Savage doesn't seem to be the type to apologize about anything.

« Reply #423 on: April 23, 2018, 09:47:50 PM »
Savage doesn't seem to be the type to apologize about anything.

And can afford not to.

« Reply #424 on: April 24, 2018, 11:28:03 PM »
Did Savage say anything about Art's Death? Is he allowed to even mention it?

« Reply #425 on: April 27, 2018, 02:10:13 PM »
Savage is such a lazy old crab. Instead of flying back from DC over the weekend he does so today, and misses yet another show.

Kevin McCarthy, hated by conservatives, met with Savage and flattered him enough to get his support. Mission accomplished.

« Reply #426 on: May 03, 2018, 04:19:51 PM »
God, it's annoying as hell when Savage pieces together clips from his first two hours with bits from earlier in the week and passes them off as a third hour.

How does he get away with this? How do stations and advertisers allow it?

« Reply #427 on: May 15, 2018, 04:09:34 PM »
Savage discussing the rules for which animals qualify as special assistance animals on airplanes. Mini horses are ok, goats are not. Hilarious segment!

« Reply #428 on: May 16, 2018, 04:09:49 PM »
Savage's reflection on Israel firing at Palestinians was refreshing amid the other commentators supporting the shooting without reading about it.  Some of his other views makes me question his humanitarianism.  Savage also said Pat Buchanan stated (paraphrased) " Israel can't keep 200 million Palestinians away in their awful living condition."  Good show today