• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight in the desert

Started by Agent : Orange, March 16, 2011, 04:47:43 PM

I've been listening to Crystal Gayle's awesome song lately. I put it in my playlist so it'll pop up from time to time while I'm at work. The more I hear of it, the more it works as a metaphor for what happened to the show itself.

Under Art we had Gayle's fantastic voice to play us off the air, leaving us with the mysterious sounds of the desert to contemplate whatever bizarre discussion we just heard. It really added a nice touch to the show and served as the final credits for a long time.

Then, Coast transitions to George Noory as the host. What do we get to play us out? UFO Phil.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Agent : Orange on March 16, 2011, 04:47:43 PM
I've been listening to Crystal Gayle's awesome song lately. I put it in my playlist so it'll pop up from time to time while I'm at work. The more I hear of it, the more it works as a metaphor for what happened to the show itself.

Under Art we had Gayle's fantastic voice to play us off the air, leaving us with the mysterious sounds of the desert to contemplate whatever bizarre discussion we just heard. It really added a nice touch to the show and served as the final credits for a long time.

Then, Coast transitions to George Noory as the host. What do we get to play us out? UFO Phil.

The beauty of:

Midnight in the Desert

became the travesty of:

Listening to Coast to Coast

Eddie Coyle

Good call. It is absolutely a perfect metaphor for C2C. From majestic mystery to moronic mediocrity. "UFO Phil" is like Corky, but without the wit or intellect. From that voice alone,I'd make him sign in with the sex offender registry hourly.

ONeill

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 16, 2011, 09:04:44 PM
Good call. It is absolutely a perfect metaphor for C2C. From majestic mystery to moronic mediocrity. "UFO Phil" is like Corky, but without the wit or intellect. From that voice alone,I'd make him sign in with the sex offender registry hourly.

Well, the world of night time radio is gonna turn around again very soon:)