• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Big Chicken

Quote from: (((The King of Kings))) on December 07, 2016, 07:56:25 AM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/806478228600881152

Cool baby!  Cool!    Man of the Year.   Just like Barky in 2008!

Guess the Trumpster will be getting the Nobel Peace Price next.

Remember that you heard it from Big Chicken first.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on December 07, 2016, 04:39:44 PM
http://www.space.com/34184-stephen-hawking-afraid-alien-civilizations.html

Yeah, I still don't see where he said that he "thinks that all--all, mind you--extraterrestrial life is coming to destroy us."

He pointed out that it's one logical possibility. I'm calling hyperbole, Jack.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Big Chicken on December 07, 2016, 04:46:47 PM
Cool baby!  Cool!    Man of the Year.   Just like Barky in 2008!

Guess the Trumpster will be getting the Nobel Peace Price next.

Remember that you heard it from Big Chicken first.

Do they give Nobels for advancements in hair styling techniques?  ???

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 07, 2016, 04:51:13 PM
Do they give Nobels for advancements in hair styling techniques?  ???
Not sure, but in YP's country they award high honours to high-stylists.  :o Because "Lino" figured out a way to cover-up David Cameron's baldspot (the solution? Part his hair another way.)
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jan/06/david-cameron-barber-mbe-services-hairdressing

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 07, 2016, 04:49:57 PM
I'm calling hyperbole, Jack.  ;)

Imagine how pissed he must be when he considers the possibility that there are extraterrestrials, and they refuse to heal him. See above, re: "nutter, fringe." I'm going to hold that this suffices to my point, which is: Ol' Four-Eyes&Wheels isn't an authoritative source when it comes to a sizable array of phenomena. The guy is surely a Cabal stooge anyway--who else is paying his life support escrow?

And, speaking of which, thanks norland.SATAN

Jackstar

Quote from: Big Chicken on December 07, 2016, 04:46:47 PM
getting the Nobel Peace Price next.

... do they even have any of those left?

Trump ought to drag a couple guys out of their cells at Gitmo, and have them beheaded on stage during the inauguration.

Quote from: Segundus on December 07, 2016, 04:06:42 PM
You've drank the Kool-Aid.  So, you think the entire world is in on this conspiracy.  Makes no sense.  You're just burying your head in the sand and hoping for the best.  How much have they paid Stephen Hawking?  Or, is he just another mislead scientist?

Hawking is not a climate scientist.  He may be smart within his own field of study but then he could be a complete idiot in another field.  He is certainly not the first or last word when it comes to climate.  Others have pointed out that he is very fallible when he starts speculating so I need say no more.

michio

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 07, 2016, 10:25:06 PM
Hawking is not a climate scientist.  He may be smart within his own field of study but then he could be a complete idiot in another field.  He is certainly not the first or last word when it comes to climate.  Others have pointed out that he is very fallible when he starts speculating so I need say no more.

You're right, Hawking isn't a climate scientist. By saying that you're acting as if you have a degree of respect for climate scientists. I find it hard to believe after all you've written on the subject, based on your expertise of the state of the Earth and "everything is normal, nothing to see here." You said not to worry, it will be fine, so we should stop fretting about our carbon footprint because it's not that important. This is in opposition to the majority of climate scientists who think it is important and it's not normal.  Shouldn't you be happy that Hawking is not a climate scientist, since you're in opposition to what climate science tells us? I'm puzzled by those who think one area of science is crap because they don't agree with its advice, while another area of science is valuable because it fits with their bias and doesn't intrude on their comfort zone.

If you won't trust the experts in climate science for information and recommendations on the state of the past, present and future climate, who are you going to trust?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: michio on December 08, 2016, 12:14:06 AM
You're right, Hawking isn't a climate scientist. By saying that you're acting as if you have a degree of respect for climate scientists. I find it hard to believe after all you've written on the subject, based on your expertise of the state of the Earth and "everything is normal, nothing to see here." You said not to worry, it will be fine, so we should stop fretting about our carbon footprint because it's not that important. This is in opposition to the majority of climate scientists who think it is important and it's not normal.  Shouldn't you be happy that Hawking is not a climate scientist, since you're in opposition to what climate science tells us? I'm puzzled by those who think one area of science is crap because they don't agree with its advice, while another area of science is valuable because it fits with their bias and doesn't intrude on their comfort zone.

If you won't trust the experts in climate science for information and recommendations on the state of the past, present and future climate, who are you going to trust?

It would be nice if the climate scientists behaved as normal scientists. The political shit that goes on in that field would not hold up in physics or biology. It would not be tolerated.

Jackstar

Quote from: michio on December 08, 2016, 12:14:06 AM

Anyone that those same 'experts' target for dismissal and ridicule.

It's been 20 years plus of this psyop, there's plenty of legitimate data available for any critical thinker to piece it together.

Jackstar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 08, 2016, 01:36:00 AM
The political shit that goes on in that field would not hold up in physics or biology. It would not be tolerated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11twz70zyNE

Let us take a moment to mourn for the passing of Eugene Mallove, as well as the last remaining tatters of SciFiAuthor's credibility.

Jackstar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on December 07, 2016, 09:06:34 PM
Drumpf ought to drag a couple guys out of their cells at Gitmo, and have them beheaded on stage during the inauguration.

You insensitive prick. What could Melania possibly wear to that??

3OctaveFart

Quote from: Jackstar on December 07, 2016, 04:15:11 PM
There are numerous citations from his peers in the time when he could still walk and chew gum that mentioned that they were all somewhat less than blown away by the man's intellect before.

I am sure that Hawking's circumstance gives his intellect a unique edge, but let's not forget, this guy can't figure out...

HAWKING: Women. My PA reminds me that although I have a PhD in physics, women should remain a mystery.

He also thinks that all--all, mind you--extraterrestrial life is coming to destroy us. The guy's a fringe nutter.
Stephen Hawking accomplishes more when he takes a dump than you ever have in your life.

You really ought to aim lower - a lot lower.

Jackstar

Stephen Hawking is hawking "Limitless genius pills" in my spam folder five days a week. The guy is a hack.

Don't make me demonstrate this. I don't want to blow my goofballs.

Yorkshire pud

Who would have guessed that? Breitbart cherrypick a TV meterologist's report (who does know about these things), but instead of shying away, she gives them their ass in a cart. Good for her. I wonder when she'll get her apology?

After all, they claim 45 million 'readers'; and Kellogs 'hate' them. The logic being that because Kellogs have withdrawn their advertising from Breitbart, they hate the subscribers! The Beitbart butt hurt! Trump's thin skin has rubbed off. 

https://weather.com/news/news/breitbart-misleads-americans-climate-change?cm_ven=T_WX_CD_120616_2&utm_medium=email&utm_source=website&cm_ven=Email&cm_cat=

Though we would prefer to focus on our usual coverage of weather and climate science, in this case we felt it important to add our two cents â€" especially because a video clip from weather.com (La Niña in Pacific Affects Weather in New England) was prominently featured at the top of the Breitbart article. Breitbart had the legal right to use this clip as part of a content-sharing agreement with another company, but there should be no assumption that The Weather Company endorses the article associated with it.

The Breitbart article â€" a prime example of cherry picking, or pulling a single item out of context to build a misleading case â€" includes this statement: "The last three years may eventually come to be seen as the final death rattle of the global warming scare."

In fact, thousands of researchers and scientific societies are in agreement that greenhouse gases produced by human activity are warming the planet’s climate and will keep doing so.

Along with its presence on the high-profile Breitbart site, the article drew even more attention after a link to it was retweeted by the U.S. House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology.

The Breitbart article heavily references a piece that first appeared on U.K. Daily Mail’s* site.

Here’s where both articles went wrong:

CLAIM: "Global land temperatures have plummeted by one degree Celsius since the middle of this year â€" the biggest and steepest fall on record."

TRUTH: This number comes from one satellite-based estimate of temperatures above land areas in the lower atmosphere. Data from the other two groups that regularly publish satellite-based temperature estimates show smaller drops, more typical of the decline one would expect after a strong El Niño event.

Temperatures over land give an incomplete picture of global-scale temperature. Most of the planet â€" about 70 percent â€" is covered by water, and the land surface warms and cools more quickly than the ocean. Land-plus-ocean data from the other two satellite groups, released after the Breitbart article, show that Earth’s lower atmosphere actually set a record high in November 2016.

CLAIM: "It can be argued that without the El Niño (and the so-called "Pacific Blob") 2014-2016 would not have been record warm years." (David Whitehouse, Global Warming Policy Foundation, quoted by Breitbart)

TRUTH: NOAA data show that the 2014-16 El Niño did not even begin until October 2014. It was a borderline event until mid-2015, barely above the El Niño threshold. El Niño clearly added to the strength of the record global warmth observed since late 2015. However, if the El Niño spike is removed, 2016 is still the warmest year on record and 2015 the second warmest, according to climate scientist Zeke Hausfather (Berkeley Earth).

* That old harbinger of truth! Not.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on December 08, 2016, 09:59:20 AM

https://youtu.be/FQsnz7b9i70

A word from our sponsor:

"Hi; I'm Desmond Thrub, and I'm a concert pianist, and when I'm shopping for a new laxative, I always go to Weatherwars."

"Weatherwars: more shit than you can handle. At a basement near you"

Juan

CEO of Hardee's/Carl's Jr. named as Labor Secretary.  How does this injection of hamburgers affect pizzagate?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Juan on December 08, 2016, 11:06:32 AM
CEO of Hardee's/Carl's Jr. named as Labor Secretary.  How does this injection of hamburgers affect pizzagate?

High calorific content. A fat gate? Obesegate? Gates with infinite stomachs?

chefist

Current Labor Secretary, Thomas Perez, prefers salads and Karl Marx.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Chefist on December 08, 2016, 12:06:02 PM

Also known for not doing anything.

3OctaveFart

Quote from: Jackstar on December 08, 2016, 09:47:57 AM
Stephen Hawking is hawking "Limitless genius pills" in my spam folder five days a week. The guy is a hack.

Don't make me demonstrate this. I don't want to blow my goofballs.
Don't pull something like that out of your ass and then say you refuse to prove it.

ItsOver

Quote from: Chefist on December 08, 2016, 12:06:02 PM

"Heavy on the Karl, comrade " :)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Meatie Pie on December 08, 2016, 12:39:58 PM
Don't pull something like that out of your ass and then say you refuse to prove it.

He's not refusing, just unable.

Jackstar

Quote from: Meatie Pie on December 08, 2016, 12:39:58 PM

Your lack of insight and critical thinking is as demonstrable as it is shameful--and your little dog, too.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on December 07, 2016, 12:32:42 PM

What was that about Boeing being too expensive?  ;)

Air Force One - why is it so expensive?
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38236404

Air Force One is, technically, not a plane. It'scallsign - the name given to any Air Force craft that has the president on board.
The current model entered service in the 1990s and is at the end of its life - so a new craft, based on the Boeing 747-8, has been ordered by the US military.
The commercial skeleton is essentially custom-built to transform it, in the White House's words, into "a mobile command centre in the event of an attack on the UnitedStates".

The budget sheet for the replacement plane includes upgrading all the electrical systems to military grade and twin backup power systems, for example.

Those upgrades mean Air Force One is shielded against an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) - a type of energy burst that can damage most electronics. It's a side effect ofnuclear weapons detonated at high altitude.

Other upgrades include military communications equipment and the "self-defence system".

That probably means electronic countermeasures to throw off missiles - though the US Air Force doesn't go into detail. Photos of the current Air Force One are shared by military aviation enthusiasts online, speculating on what exactly is behind all the panels on its tail section.

All of this doesn't come cheap. In fact, the first step in the process is to just buy two 747-8 commercial aircraft - only then does the actual design work begin.

Two aeroplanes are required, even for only one president, to ensure that whenever one plane is under maintenance, the other is ready to fly.

In an interview with Rolling Stone last year, Mr Trump boasted that his own private jet was "bigger than Air Force One".

This is not true.

Really? Trump made something up based on his ignorance? Nooooo.

Mr Trump's 757-200 is smaller in every dimension than Air Force One. According to Boeing's own specifications, Air Force One isa whopping 231ft 10in (70.6m) long, with a wingspan of more than 195ft (59.6m).

Mr Trump's plane is just 155ft (47m) long and has a 134ft (40m) wingspan.