• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 06, 2016, 03:13:01 AM
Who cares if he likes the show or thinks it's funny? Or cares whether he tweets about it? The audience likes it and is laughing (the Kellyanne performance is actually very funny also) and what else is there for a comedy show? As they say, lighten up Francis. Laugh while you still can.

If it was still funny, we would laugh.  I'm not pissed off about their jokes about Trump.  Everything is fair game in comedy.  Even in SNL's best days, there were always one or two skits that fell flat.  Now most of their skits fall flat.

Why did Trump meet with Algore in Trump Tower?  I wouldn't be giving that guy the time of day much less a meeting.

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 06, 2016, 04:50:09 AM
Why did Drumpf meet with Algore in Drumpf Tower?

There's a rumor.

I wouldn't be giving that guy the time of day much less a meeting.

Oh, someone paid. No gifts.

CornyCrow

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on December 05, 2016, 08:36:07 PM
. . .  Yep, I'll take Carson over the Obama department heads any day.  I doubt very much we'll hear garbage about 'White Privilege' or 'Microaggression' from him, and won't that be nice.
Yes, that 'white privilege' thing is very frequently the privilege of the almighty dollar.  Almost every case I've heard called that was involving very wealthy people, who are privileged, no matter what race they are. 

I'm not saying that there is no bias in the US, but that bias is often a result of the crime we read about in our papers and the necessity for metal detectors in some schools.  What is called bias is often, deep down inside in most people, a desire to avoid trouble. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 06, 2016, 12:29:37 AM
Apparently, he was considering her and changed his mind. At that point, she decided to criticize him on his Carrier move. The scary thing is that, for once, she was right. And when Sarah Palin is right, whereas your new president-elect is wrong, it's probably safe to assume that the end times have arrived.

Come to think of it, I think Sarah has said we're in the end times (or maybe it was her soul sister, Michele Bachman), so she could very well be right about two things.
Sure, if we continue on our denial of our raping of the environment, we will see the end times.  We're CAUSING it.  There are some religious nuts who are happy about this because Jesus will be coming sooner.  How did our great culture produce such dullards?  I swear, people should have to be licensed to reproduce. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 06, 2016, 02:00:31 AM
The doctor who was responsible for my birth was born in Iran.  Great guy from what my parents told me.  Usually the highly educated among the Muslims are great people and I'd trust them with my life.  They are pretty much Muslim in name only.  They may hold to a few customs but they clearly aren't jihadists.
I agree.  I admire Ali Velshi so much.  But I have also watched some documentaries that claimed ISIS members are often well educated and actually know little about Islam.   

CornyCrow

Why did Trump meet with Algore in Trump Tower?  I wouldn't be giving that guy the time of day much less a meeting.
Because, whatever you think of Gore, our environmental problems are real and they will not go away by burying our heads in the sand.  I'm not normally a praying person, but I pray that Trump makes the right decisions regarding the environment.  We only have one planet.  We cannot manufacture one if we ruin it. 

Quote from: Segundus on December 06, 2016, 06:33:46 AM
Because, whatever you think of Gore, our environmental problems are real and they will not go away by burying our heads in the sand.  I'm not normally a praying person, but I pray that Trump makes the right decisions regarding the environment.  We only have one planet.  We cannot manufacture one if we ruin it.

It is not our country we have to worry about.  Talk to China and India.  I'm all for pollution control but not for this man-made climate change nonsense.  The CO2 theory in particular.

3OctaveFart

Trump has absolutely no sense of or ear for humor - of course he doesn't think it's funny.

I never got the feeling his remoras have much of a sense of humor, either.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Meatie Pie on December 06, 2016, 08:26:48 AM
Trump has absolutely no sense of or ear for humor - of course he doesn't think it's funny.

I never got the feeling his remoras have much of a sense of humor, either.

Maybe he'd laugh more if instead of parody and satire, SNL made nasty and vicious attacks on him instead?

3OctaveFart

I don't recall ever seeing the guy laugh, in a way that wasn't an affectation. Of course he probably thinks he's funny, and that he has a great sense of humor, and that he's the greatest at everything ever, don't you know by now.

His sociopathy means he's literally shameless, and that would suggest other devices are broken as well. Getting a joke is on the list.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Meatie Pie on December 06, 2016, 09:29:15 AM
I don't recall ever seeing the guy laugh, in a way that wasn't an affectation. Of course he probably thinks he's funny, and that he has a great sense of humor, and that he's the greatest at everything ever, don't you know by now.

His sociopathy means he's literally shameless, and that would suggest other devices are broken as well. Getting a joke is on the list.

He's going to come unstuck at state dinners where he'll be expected to be more good humoured and self effacing than the self aggrandising boorish oaf that he's portrayed himself to be so far. Maybe he's just pretending to be that? Fake smiles and even faker endorsements of other people's abilities. He has to get it back to him.

ItsOver

"Donald Trump just took a shot at Boeing in Trump Tower"

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/06/boeing-shares-slide-after-trump-says-air-force-ones-cost-out-of-control.html

If Obama had done something similar the headline would be "President Obama Battles Evil Military Contractor Over Excessive Costs."

Fucking MSM.

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on December 06, 2016, 10:03:30 AM

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/06/boeing-shares-slide-after-trump-says-air-force-ones-cost-out-of-control.html

If Obama had done something similar the headline would be "President Obama Battles Evil Military Contractor Over Excessive Costs."

Fucking MSM.

The double standards are glaring...it will be fun watching Trump embarrass the MSM over the next few years...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on December 06, 2016, 10:03:30 AM

Fucking MSM.

Because Trump has little clue about anything other than himself; he won't know that airframes have a limited lifespan, before it becomes uneconomical to repair them. He'll also be unaware (because he doesn't care and is an idiot), that when that happens, the aeroplane will be grounded. This won't happen in Trump's time at the WH, but it will happen. Airforce one is probably the most sophisticated aeroplane that doesn't carry offensive weapons, anywhere in the world. That sophistication, when out of its service life can't just be replaced like a blown fuse; its intergral to the whole system, and therefore false economy to rip out literally miles of wiring and gizmos for one item, and would be more than the cost of a new aircraft.

But, as long as Trump makes the right noises to the gallery, they'll be happy.

Tax breaks to Boeing next?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Chefist on December 06, 2016, 10:22:31 AM
The double standards are glaring...it will be fun watching Trump embarrass the MSM over the next few years...

Oh, they won't be embarrassed, and he's too narcassistic to be.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 06, 2016, 10:33:03 AM

Because Trump has little clue about anything other than himself; he won't know that airframes have a limited lifespan, before it becomes uneconomical to repair them. He'll also be unaware (because he doesn't care and is an idiot), that when that happens, the aeroplane will be grounded. This won't happen in Trump's time at the WH, but it will happen. Airforce one is probably the most sophisticated aeroplane that doesn't carry offensive weapons, anywhere in the world. That sophistication, when out of its service life can't just be replaced like a blown fuse; its intergral to the whole system, and therefore false economy to rip out literally miles of wiring and gizmos for one item, and would be more than the cost of a new aircraft.

But, as long as Trump makes the right noises to the gallery, they'll be happy.

Tax breaks to Boeing next?

The price of the aircraft is artificially inflated.  Kind of like the $50 hammers that the military bought years ago.  That is Trump's complaint. Maybe it should cost 2 billion but not 4 billion.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 06, 2016, 10:38:38 AM
The price of the aircraft is artificially inflated.  Kind of like the $50 hammers that the military bought years ago.  That is Trump's complaint. Maybe it should cost 2 billion but not 4 billion.

Show your workings. I'm interested.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 06, 2016, 10:42:47 AM

Show your workings. I'm interested.

Most expensive passenger airplane is the 787 and the highest price for it is around 390 million.  I'll leave it to you to figure out the rest.

https://www.quora.com/How-much-do-common-Boeing-Commercial-Airplanes-cost-After-how-many-flights-do-they-pay-for-themselves

ItsOver

Quote from: Chefist on December 06, 2016, 10:22:31 AM
You'd think by now they'd be a little more subtle in their bias but I expect nothing more from the ministry of statist propaganda.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 06, 2016, 10:44:59 AM
Most expensive passenger airplane is the 787 and the highest price for it is around 390 million.  I'll leave it to you to figure out the rest.

https://www.quora.com/How-much-do-common-Boeing-Commercial-Airplanes-cost-After-how-many-flights-do-they-pay-for-themselves

The 787 isn't Airforce One. It hasn't even a quarter of the level of on board equipment. Airforce One can be in flight refueled for one thing; thats just one difference. And please don't say " yeah, but that's no big deal". The engines on AF1  are far more powerful than a standard 747, it weighs more, it has a rate of climb that could embarrass much smaller faster aircraft. It is rumoured to have anti aircraft defence missiles, it is rumoured to be capable of emitting an anti emp shield. You think all that can be picked up down at Target or Walmart?

Juan

Also, the 747 is the only plane the Secret Service allows for Air Force One.  They require four engines, and the 747 is about the only one left.
It ' s a unique plane.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Juan on December 06, 2016, 11:02:20 AM
Also, the 747 is the only plane the Secret Service allows for Air Force One.  They require four engines, and the 747 is about the only one left.
It ' s a unique plane.

Yep. Still, Trump knows best.

Taaroa

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 06, 2016, 10:44:59 AM

No one in aviation pays list prices. Airforce one is being built based on the 747-8 so you would think that a lot of the costs would be a bit cheaper because of that, but they are suped up to an extent not publicly known so who knows.

If I remember correctly the 'competition' for the replacement aircraft wasn't exactly fair, with the only possible competitor to Boeing being EADs (Airbus) and they could see it wasn't worth their time and effort so pulled out.

Taaroa

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 06, 2016, 11:05:44 AM
Yep. Still, Trump knows best.

The age of the aircraft with more than two engines is over. There's a reason why the 747-8 and A380 haven't sold well, and why tri engined planes are only used for cargo.