• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 14, 2017, 12:40:33 AM
If mv says that's the way it's gotta be I'll abide. Until then go fuck yerself!  :P

You obviously want people to watch them.  Most people don't have hours to sit and watch your TL;DW videos.  If you have a point to make, make it and if you want to add the video as a reference, I'm fine with that.

pate

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 14, 2017, 12:52:43 AM

You obviously want people to watch them.  Most people don't have hours to sit and watch your TL;DW videos.  If you have a point to make, make it and if you want to add the video as a reference, I'm fine with that.

Is this supposed to hurt my feelings? What about the rape allegations against you?

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 14, 2017, 12:38:30 AM

I don't watch political videos that are longer than 7 or 8 minutes.  If you have a point to make, write down the point with a 3 sentence explanation.  Keep it short and concise.
I disagree with both of you here. This idea that everything needs to be a soundbite, a video, etc is ridiculous. Sure, short and concise is good. Certainly video, especially for certain audiences is good. But both limited to some arbitrary time-frame being the determinative factor is crazy. Sure that is what certain psychologists and Bernays might say or some Hollywood production company. And most music for the past decades. For their own goals, profits, and motives. But lots of subjects need to be done into detail. With footnotes, with other sourcing, with "extras," or just more plot, nuances, themes, (if we are talking entertainment.) Propaganda, marketing, advertising, preaching, in court, sure? Time proven that shorter, more bombastic, more lurid usually works. But to get at truth? Facts? Even just deeper meaning? Or better art? I don't like this idea that every communication needs to be X letters long, every song needs X minutes, every politician, speaker, preacher, or professors need X length? Every movie needs X length and CGI? Or that everything needs video and graphical art when words could suffice. Therein ends my rant.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 14, 2017, 12:54:48 AM
Is this supposed to hurt my feelings? What about the rape allegations against you?

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings but there are those of us that do not have the time to watch them.  A short synopsis would be appreciated and if it sparks my curiosity, then I may watch it.  As far as rape allegations go, I have never had the desire or need to do such a vile thing to get my thrills. Low Blow, MD.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on December 13, 2017, 11:13:30 PM
Having gone to a conservative Christian church as a child, I learned early to dodge plenty of church-going dirty old men...

I don't think we're supposed to talk about John Con-yers anymore, that's down the rabbit hole

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 14, 2017, 01:20:54 AM

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings but there are those of us that do not have the time to watch them.  A short synopsis would be appreciated and if it sparks my curiosity, then I may watch it.  As far as rape allegations go, I have never had the desire or need to do such a vile thing to get my thrills. Low Blow, MD.

Really?! How is it a low blow? I have it on good authority from people in the know.

Quote from: albrecht on December 14, 2017, 01:07:46 AM
I disagree with both of you here. This idea that everything needs to be a soundbite, a video, etc is ridiculous. Sure, short and concise is good. Certainly video, especially for certain audiences is good. But both limited to some arbitrary time-frame being the determinative factor is crazy. Sure that is what certain psychologists and Bernays might say or some Hollywood production company. And most music for the past decades. For their own goals, profits, and motives. But lots of subjects need to be done into detail. With footnotes, with other sourcing, with "extras," or just more plot, nuances, themes, (if we are talking entertainment.) Propaganda, marketing, advertising, preaching, in court, sure? Time proven that shorter, more bombastic, more lurid usually works. But to get at truth? Facts? Even just deeper meaning? Or better art? I don't like this idea that every communication needs to be X letters long, every song needs X minutes, every politician, speaker, preacher, or professors need X length? Every movie needs X length and CGI? Or that everything needs video and graphical art when words could suffice. Therein ends my rant.

I agree that stories need to be detailed but maybe a short synopsis to spark the curiosity?  Many people don't have time for these videos especially when they run 45 minutes to an hour.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 14, 2017, 01:23:34 AM
Really?! How is it a low blow? I have it on good authority from people in the know.

And who might that be?  Names please. I've only been involved in consensual relationships.  You're just trying to get a rise out of me.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 14, 2017, 01:26:23 AM
And who might that be?  Names please. I've only been involved in consensual relationships.  You're just trying to get a rise out of me.

Oh, they have a right to have their identities protected but trust me, they know.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 14, 2017, 01:24:40 AM
I agree that stories need to be detailed but maybe a short synopsis to spark the curiosity?  Many people don't have time for these videos especially when they run 45 minutes to an hour.
I got it. No one can be a renaissance man any more because there is too much information and constant data flow, inability for a person to have that much knowledge and time to process, pick signal from noise, etc. Which is why people increasingly specialize, which brings itself some troubling scenarios. This will, according to many, be solved by computing, AI, information sharing, etc etc. I still see trouble with that, especially as some systems evolve and others don't which lead to conflicts, we already see, and many more in the future.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 14, 2017, 01:28:01 AM
Oh, they have a right to have their identities protected but trust me, they know.

Oh, ok, Kemosabe. ::)  :D

Now I know why you love Trump.  You're a fellow traveler of his and will tell any sort of lie. You say this bullshit and then you expect people to take you seriously.  Good luck with that. :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 14, 2017, 01:35:09 AM

Oh, ok, Kemosabe. ::)  :D

Now I know why you love Trump.  You're a fellow traveler of his and will tell any sort of lie. You say this bullshit and then you expect people to take you seriously.  Good luck with that. :D

You really don't think that someone with some money could hire a private detective to look into your life and then find some family in need who was willing to have their 10 year old daughter make such allegation against you for the right price? At first you and your family are shocked but you think you might just get through it because none of them believe it and tell you they got your back. Then the lawyers bills start adding up and things get a bit tight. Next thing you know your employer is letting you go because they just don't want to be associated with any trouble. They don't care if you're guilty or innocent but wish you all the best. People stare and whisper as you leave the building. You start drinking a little more to deal with the stress. Next thing you know your wife's leaving you. Next thing we know we're hearing about 21st's suicide on Bellgab. Do you really think it couldn't happen to you?  ???

Wouldn't it be great if there was some place in the world where that kind of abuse of power wasn't possible, where everyone accused was guaranteed a fair trial where only the facts were examined and considered?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 14, 2017, 01:46:37 AM
You really don't think that someone with some money could hire a private detective to look into your life and then find some family in need who was willing to have their 10 year old daughter make such allegation against you for the right price? At first you and your family are shocked but you think you might just get through it because none of them believe it and tell you they got your back. Then the lawyers bills start adding up and things get a bit tight. Next thing you know your employer is letting you go because they just don't want to be associated with any trouble. They don't care if you're guilty or innocent but wish you all the best. People stare and whisper as you leave the building. You start drinking a little more to deal with the stress. Next thing you know your wife's leaving you. Next thing we know we're hearing about 21st suicide on Bellgab. Do you really think it couldn't happen to you?  ???

Wouldn't it be great if there was some place in the world where that kind of abuse of power wasn't possible, where everyone accused was guaranteed a fair trial where only the facts were examined and considered?

Well yeah of course that can happen especially if I have some sort of power. As it is, I doubt anybody would want to take the time and money to do that.  I'm just part of the rabble.

Going back to Roy Moore,  I believe the allegations of some of the women and Moore initially confirmed that he dated teenage girls but with the mother's consent.  A couple of the women were descredited but I'd say 3 or 4 of them were being truthful.  Thing is what did the allegations amount to.  Not to a whole hell of a lot.  The worst being that Moore and the girl stripped down to their underwear on a "date".  What hurt Moore, even worse, was later when he backtracked and said he did not date teenage women.  Bad move. Obviously, that was a lie.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 14, 2017, 01:56:47 AM
A couple of the women were descredited but I'd say 3 or 4 of them were being truthful.

On what do you base that opinion?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 14, 2017, 01:56:47 AM
Well yeah of course that can happen especially if I have some sort of power. As it is, I doubt anybody would want to take the time and money to do that.  I'm just part of the rabble.

So, is your point that a gross abuse of power is alright as long as it happens to people more powerful than you?

pate

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 14, 2017, 12:38:30 AM

I don't watch political videos that are longer than 7 or 8 minutes.  If you have a point to make, write down the point with a 3 sentence explanation.  Keep it short and concise.

Hillary lost.  Democrats lost.  At this point;  what difference does it make?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on December 14, 2017, 02:04:58 AM

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 14, 2017, 02:03:48 AM
So, is your point that a gross abuse of power is alright as long as it happens to people more powerful than you?

No, of course not.  My feelings are that there needs to be strong corroborative evidence to back up allegations before someone has their life destroyed.  I'd prefer a trial.  I'm with albrecht on that.

Quote from: pate on December 14, 2017, 02:04:58 AM

Exactly.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 14, 2017, 03:54:05 AM
Instinct.

You think it's just that someone's life be ruined based on your instincts? I guess you never heard of the inquisitions in Christian history. Yeah, let's do that again!  ::)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 14, 2017, 04:13:26 AM
You think it's just that someone's life be ruined based on your instincts? I guess you never heard of the inquisitions in Christian history. Yeah, let's do that again!  ::)

Frankly, I don't think Moore did anything abnormal or wrong.  I've gone over it several times.  I do think he went out with teenage women before he married. He talks about seeing her(wife Kayla) at a party when she was 16 and was rather smitten with her then though they didn't start dating until she was 24 and he was 38.  Men dated much younger women a lot back then especially in the South.  Nothing wrong with that.

There has been no allegations against Moore since he has married so he seems to be a fairly normal person.  I do think he should not have changed his story in the days leading up to the election.  He said he did not date teenage women.  He had told Hannity that he did about a month before.  He changed his story and lied. That was the problem I had with him.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 14, 2017, 04:24:04 AM
Frankly, I don't think Moore did anything abnormal or wrong.  I've gone over it several times.  I do think he went out with teenage women before he married. He talks about seeing her(wife Kayla) at a party when she was 16 and was rather smitten with her then though they didn't start dating until she was 24 and he was 38.  Men dated much younger women a lot back then especially in the South.  Nothing wrong with that.

There has been no allegations against Moore since he has married so he seems to be a fairly normal person.  I do think he should not have changed his story in the days leading up to the election.  He said he did not date teenage women.  He had told Hannity that he did about a month before.  He changed his story and lied. That was the problem I had with him.

Maybe he just knew it's a losing battle trying to answer questions from a MSM that's clearly already made up their minds. Why shouldn't he or anyone else lie to them?! They're constantly lying to us.

PaulAtreides

People seem to overlook the fact that Moore was twice removed from the Alabama Supreme Court. The man seems to have little respect for the rule of law and I fail to see how he could live up to his oath as a U.S. senator. 

Lord Grantham

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-12-14/omarosa-says-she-saw-heard-things-in-trumps-white-house-that-made-her-uncomfortable

QuoteOmarosa Manigault Newman says she saw things in the White House that she was unhappy with and which made her uncomfortable during her abbreviated tenure in President Donald Trump's "very interesting administration."

"There were a lot of things that I observed during the last year that I was very unhappy with, that I was very uncomfortable with," Manigault Newman said in an interview Thursday with Michael Strahan on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Kidnostad3

https://youtu.be/fflbFC8RWAQ

Lionel makes some solid points in this vid:

A.  If he said black people or any other demographic smell rather than Trump supporters he would have been fired immediately.
B.  It would be impossible for these political hacks to conduct a fair investigation of anything relating to the Clintons or Trump as is demonstrated by their emails and actions.
C. The evidence against Flynn is the fruit of the poisonous tree since the predicate for the FISA warrant was manufactured.
D. The Justice Department to include the FBI is the seat of the deep state.  (To this I would add the intelligence community and most federal agengicies and departments.
E.  The MSM is doing all it can to excuse or mitigate crimes committed by deep state bureaucrats and establishment politicians. 
F.  Leftist’s have no problem with those crimes as long as Tump and conservatives are the victims.

Subpara F bothers me the most since it means that half of our population has no respect for individual rights and are advocates of criminal activity on the part of public servants as long as it suits their purposes.  I have always supported legitimate and reasonable measures to protect the civil rights of all our citizens; however, it will be very difficult for any leftist minority to again convince me of the validity of their claims or their sincerity in pursuing justice for all.  I expect I’m not alone in that change of heart.

Https://youtu.be/fflbFC8RWAQ
[/url]

Spy

Quote from: Up All Night on December 13, 2017, 12:56:18 PM

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 13, 2017, 12:59:22 PM
What’s Obama doing in Alabama?

So, Gd5150, care to tell me why you'd compare President Obama to an ape?  Does it have anything to do with you being a racist piece of shit?