• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Meister_000

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 15, 2017, 04:19:05 AM
That's accurate. Produce some of this popular hate speech your seeing because I can't seem to find it. Lots of calls for violence from the left though.  ::)

Lord. It's on every fucking page of this Trump thread for starters. Don't have to go far! :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meister_000 on June 15, 2017, 04:36:02 AM
Lord. It's on every fucking page of this Trump thread for starters. Don't have to go far! :D

So, nothing then...as usual.  ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T575Pbo4eWM

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on June 15, 2017, 03:13:08 AM
The rabid right ideologues here at BG can't comprehend that not everyone critical of the Trump WH is a radical leftist. PaperBoy in particular, sees only a world populated by extremes; right/left, either/or, black/white. For him and those like him, everyone who opposes Trump and the GOP is a rock-throwing, black-mask wearing Antifa. It makes their rigid narrative easier to share and repeat among their faithful.

You do realize that Meister is a radical leftist, don't you?  Do you actually read what that jackass writes?  I've never put you in that camp but maybe I should.

Meister_000

The rabid right ideologues here at BG can't comprehend that not everyone critical of the Trump WH is a radical leftist. PaperBoy in particular, sees only a world populated by extremes; right/left, either/or, black/white. For him and those like him, everyone who opposes Trump and the GOP is a rock-throwing, black-mask wearing Antifa. It makes their rigid narrative easier to share and repeat among their faithful.

Their celebratory politicizing of yesterday's shooting is an opportunity to aggressively promote their divisive agenda, but will turn defensive when the next shooter comes along claiming to be a Trump supporter. Like gang warfare, the hateful rhetoric from the extreme right and left continues ad infinitum with each shooting. What they don't see is it's the extremism that makes them identical to one another, regardless of their opposing political ideologies.

While people rant at one other about the politics of these shooters, no one wants to discuss the deeper issues, such as the predominance of gun violence, mental illness, and the alarming rise of suicide rates in America. Yesterday's shooter had a documented history of alcohol abuse and aggressive behavior, and was licensed to carry guns. What could go wrong?

Right (on all counts). And, regarding your final point and on top of everything, Trump & co (the House) actually just recently OKed relaxing the regulations on background check flagging for severely mentally ill potential gun buyers -- i.e. that's the lengths the R's have gone in the opposite direction of acknowledging deeper and completely non-partisan issues. Then too, that there will be bi-partisan and potentially deadly consequences (in more ways than one) as a result of the GOP's proposed "healthcare" bill is also guaranteed. If there's one sure way to drive someone to murderous reaction it's to directly, needlessly, and delibetately threaten (and ultimately take) the lives of people's family members, loved ones. That's a universal truth. As you say; what could go wrong?!

Meister_000

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 15, 2017, 05:25:48 AM
You do realize that Meister is a radical leftist, don't you?  Do you actually read what that jackass writes?  I've never put you in that camp but maybe I should.

You're retarded.

Quote from: Meister_000 on June 15, 2017, 05:26:03 AM
Right (on all counts). And, regarding your final point and on top of everything, Trump & co (the House) actually just recently OKed relaxing the regulations on background check flagging for severely mentally ill potential gun buyers -- i.e. that's the lengths the R's have gone in the opposite direction of acknowledging deeper and completely non-partisan issues. Then too, that there will be bi-partisan and potentially deadly consequences (in more ways than one) as a result of the GOP's proposed "healthcare" bill is also guaranteed. If there's one sure way to drive someone to murderous reaction it's to directly, needlessly, and delibetately threaten (and ultimately take) the lives of people's family members, loved ones. That's a universal truth. As you say; what could go wrong?!

Nothing and I mean NOTHING is an excuse for assassination attempts.  I don't care if you are right or left.  Yet here you are trying to justify it and amp up the tensions.  Well fuck you, Mister!  People like you should be tarred and feathered  >:( >:( >:(  and run out of this country.  Jackass.

Meister_000

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 15, 2017, 05:34:03 AM
Nothing and I mean NOTHING is an excuse for assassination attempts.  I don't care if you are right or left.  Yet here you are trying to justify it and amp up the tensions.  Well fuck you, Mister!  People like you should be tarred and feathered  >:( >:( >:(  and run out of this country.  Jackass.

Read my posts from a couple hours ago (calm down ffs -- you're way out of line).

Quote from: Meister_000 on June 15, 2017, 05:29:06 AM
You're retarded.

And you, fucker, are lower than the flies that feast on pigshit.  Justifying violence.  You are a fascist.  That is what you are, jackass.

Quote from: Meister_000 on June 15, 2017, 05:26:03 AM
If there's one sure way to drive someone to murderous reaction it's to directly, needlessly, and delibetately threaten (and ultimately take) the lives of people's family members, loved ones. That's a universal truth. As you say; what could go wrong?!

By making this point, you are justifying the violent actions of those on your side.

Meister_000

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 15, 2017, 05:37:03 AM
And you, fucker, are lower than the flies that feast on pigshit.  Justifying violence.  You are a fascist.  That is what you are, jackass.

I have done no such thing. READ MY FUCKING POSTS. I explicitly said that I/We DO NOT sanction/condone the shooting. Get some fucking sleep.

[edit] Here 21st; this is the end of the (my earlier) post in particular, see last sentance:

Quote from: Meister_000 on June 15, 2017, 12:13:30 AM
. . . You-all are exploiting even your own people (once again) and tragic events generally to further your own political Rhetoric-of-Hate and Fact-of-Hate ends.You people have no scrupples whatsoever, there is nothing so low that you won't stupe to it. This right here is a case in point. Even and specifically on a day like this you fancy you can get away with anything and that exactly because of the days events we-all should not object to or protest your dispicable actions and the sanctioning of them. We certainly aren't sanctioning today's shootings -- that's all in your sick (toxic) minds and lieing tongues.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 15, 2017, 05:25:48 AM

I once pointed out to an irritable person that they had a habit of flying off the handle at every opportunity; to which they replied, red-faced and veins throbbinbg, 'NO I DON'T!!!'.

Well done, you just proved her point.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2017, 05:45:43 AM
I once pointed out to an irritable person that they had a habit of flying off the handle at every opportunity; to which they replied, red-faced and veins throbbinbg, 'NO I DON'T!!!'.

Well done, you just proved her point.

The only person I routinely fly off the handle at is Meister.  I have never attacked you severely because you make some good points sometimes and you don't spout bs, day in and day out. Meister incites reactions everyday even from reasonable people in the middle like WOTR.

SredniVashtar

Their celebratory politicizing of yesterday's shooting is an opportunity to aggressively promote their divisive agenda, but will turn defensive when the next shooter comes along claiming to be a Trump supporter. Like gang warfare, the hateful rhetoric from the extreme right and left continues ad infinitum with each shooting. What they don't see is it's the extremism that makes them identical to one another, regardless of their opposing political ideologies.

While people rant at one other about the politics of these shooters, no one wants to discuss the deeper issues, such as the predominance of gun violence, mental illness, and the alarming rise of suicide rates in America. Yesterday's shooter had a documented history of alcohol abuse and aggressive behavior, and was licensed to carry guns. What could go wrong?

I couldn't put it better myself, although reading comprehension isn't a notable skill on this thread so I fear your efforts are wasted. The most salient characteristic of the rabid right is their almost limitless capacity for self-pity. I try not to to read too much of this thread, because it tends to make me forget that most Americans are admirable people, and not the rabble of spiteful inadequates that cluster around here.

......James Hodgkinson, also a fan of the Southern Poverty Law Center, stewed in leftwing rhetoric. Hearing leftwing pundits and Democrat leaders claim Republicans really want people to die, really want to destroy the planet, and really helped the Russians take over our republic, he decided to act. In a small blessing, he was a terrible shot. But he tried.

Neither the Southern Poverty Law Center or any other organization or individual is to blame for the actions of these nuts. But rhetoric is designed to incite and mobilize. The Southern Poverty Law Center labels Christian groups hate groups to stir up their donors and seem useful......

http://theresurgent.com/the-violence-is-only-getting-started/?utm_content=bufferaf835&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 15, 2017, 05:51:23 AM
The only person I routinely fly off the handle at is Meister.  I have never attacked you severely because you make some good points sometimes and you don't spout bs, day in and day out..  Meister incites reactions everyday even from reasonable people in the middle like WOTR.

I was using an example from real life, not talking about you (cf my remark about reading comprehension above) to illustrate a point Uhura made. You went diving in with both feet in a way that demonstrated exactly what she said.

I never mind what anyone says about me. At best it will amuse me, at worst it will bore me and I will ignore it.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Taaroa on June 15, 2017, 02:26:27 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-40284372

I should point out that the media has had a fairly hostile relationship with the current government in Australia, albeit a bit less so than towards the previous PM Tony Abbott.

My wife is from Brisbane and we were there visiting her family last November.  Watching local and national news while there I was struck by the concern expressed by media personalities in subtle and not so subtle ways that Trump might get elected.  I don't recall hearing anything positive about him on the news the entire time I was there and when he was elected they reacted with same sort of handwringing angst as their counterparts in the U.S. did.  However, what I heard in conversations with many Australians did not reflect the abhorrence for Trump that the media seemed to be promoting.  In fact, I was surprised to find that more than half of those I talked to expressed their agreement with Trump's policies, some very adamantly.  I remember thinking how closely the split in opinions about Trump mirrored that in the U.S. despite the MSM's opposition to Trump in both countries. 

Taaroa

Quote from: Meister_000 on June 15, 2017, 06:50:50 AM
right on schedual . . .(3/3)
https://twitter.com/newtgingrich/status/875314722765242368
I tend to know most of the names bandied about in American politics, but who is Mueller?

Meister_000

Quote from: Taaroa on June 15, 2017, 07:08:08 AM
I tend to know most of the names bandied about in American politics, but who is Mueller?

Former FBI director (just before Comey) and now newly appointed Special Councel leading Trump-Russia investigations (including Trump's Obstruction of Justice habits).

Taaroa

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on June 15, 2017, 07:06:19 AM
My wife is from Brisbane and we were there visiting her family last November.  Watching local and national news while there I was struck by the concern expressed by media personalities in subtle and not so subtle ways that Trump might get elected.  I don't recall hearing anything positive about him on the news the entire time I was there and when he was elected they reacted with same sort of handwringing angst as their counterparts in the U.S. did.  However, what I heard in conversations with many Australians did not reflect the abhorrence for Trump that the media seemed to be promoting.  In fact, I was surprised to find that more than half of those I talked to expressed their agreement with Trump's policies, some very adamantly.  I remember thinking how closely the split in opinions about Trump mirrored that in the U.S. despite the MSM's opposition to Trump in both countries.

Australia is a mixed bag with American politics and it really depends on where you are. The stereotype of Queensland is that it's more 'redneck' than say Victoria, NSW, and Canberra so you might encounter more people supporting Trump (and Pauline Hanson). In Melbourne, Sydney, and Canberra is where you'll get more people expressing support for the various Democrat policies/candidates. This article shows there were election parties for Hillary in Australia:
http://www.smh.com.au/world/us-election/us-election-2016-mood-sours-at-election-parties-in-melbourne-as-clinton-is-trumped-in-key-states-20161109-gslf6p.html

I think Australian media has the same issues as those in America - after all Rupert Murdoch is Australian and got his start here - except that two of the outlets receive government funding, which unleashes all sorts of problems and conflicts of interest. The Daily Show and Last Week Tonight are also extremely popular.

3OctaveFart

These tools are blind to any political subtlety. You're either on their side or you have to be Saul Alinsky. It's part of why the discourse is so broken. To them, all their objectors vote on a straight Democratic ticket. Let them believe what they want, they're not to be reasoned with and won't be persuaded otherwise.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on June 15, 2017, 07:06:19 AM
My wife is from Brisbane.

My condolences. No wonder you're so ornery. Australian 'women' are notoriously unfussy about who they choose to mate with, and a guy like you probably wasn't overwhelmed with options. Remember to keep an eye on your valuables (not that you probably have any). She'd have the pacemaker out of your chest if she was ever sober enough to wield a knife.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 15, 2017, 07:39:49 AM
These tools are blind to any political subtlety. You're either on their side or you have to be Saul Alinsky. It's part of why the discourse is so broken. To them, all their objectors vote on a straight Democratic ticket. Let them believe what they want, they're not to be reasoned with and won't be persuaded otherwise.

Conversely, did it ever occur to you that some of us who have openly criticized Trump on this thread as I have do not object to anyone voicing your opposition to Trump in specific terms.
What we object to is the dishonesty and pettiness that the left employs in its effort to destroy Trump's presidency.    Not once have I seen any one of you question the validity of the many unsubstantiated and far fetched claims against Trump the MSM has seen fit to broadcast nor have I seen any sort of acknowledgement by you when the reports prove to be false.  It seems to me that your hatred for Trump overrides your ability to objectively evaluate the blizzard of accusations that is being generated by the left.  It also seems that you are willing abandon any sense of fairness when it comes to Trump.  (I use the word "you" here in the collective sense.)

Admittedly the overheated rhetoric on this thread comes from both sides.  But the most unhinged and toxic comes from just a few who I need not identify here.