• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Spy

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 13, 2017, 11:41:21 PM
You didn't answer any of my questions.

I already responded to your "cleansing" history comment in some detail.  Here are the others.

Rename Indiana?

That's up to the people of Indiana. I don't live there and couldn't care less what they call it.  Indiana is fine. Or they can rename it Bob.  Or Pence-Sylvania.  Whatever.  It's up to them.

Remove anyone that owned a slave from the Declaration of Independence?

The Declaration of Independence is one of the greatest documents of all time.  It is a shame, though, that Jefferson and the others didn't believe "All men are created equal" applied to everyone. All I can say is that those men were products of their time. Like all humans, they had flaws. But even with their flaws they were far more enlightened than most people of their time.

Tear down the Jefferson Memorial because he had sex with a slave?

See above.

Remove Teddy Roosevelt from Mt Rushmore because he like to hunt animals?

No.

Rename Cody, Wyoming because Buffalo Bill killed an indian or two while he was slaughtering bison?

That's up to the residents of Cody, Wyoming.  They can call their town whatever they want.  I actually visited there once.  Magnificent country. You should go there sometime.

Let me know when the environment is sterile enough to make sure noone's feefees are hurt.

Climate change is real and the vast majority of climate scientists all over the world, including those at NASA and NOAA, believe it is caused by human activity.  If you and Donald John Trump want to believe believe it's a hoax you're free to do so.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meatie Pie on May 14, 2017, 12:40:08 AM
I view Pence no differently than GWB. At least he seems to have an understanding of how our civics work. Give him a tryout.

Translation: I can't get enough deep state cock. Deeper! DEEPER!!!  :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meatie Pie on May 14, 2017, 06:12:03 AM
When is this president going to stop acting like an emotional mess? There are daily reports of 'tantrums', never mind the public ones on the Twitter bathroom wall.

Be a man, man.

This from a kept man living Europe.  ::)

WOTR

Quote from: Meister_000 on May 14, 2017, 09:46:25 AM
MORE!

There are people angry in America over healthcare?  Good thing Obama was able to unite everybody so there was a time of general peace and contentment.  Too bad that Don was not able to maintain that utopia.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Spy on May 14, 2017, 11:49:06 AM
I already responded to your "cleansing" history comment in some detail.  Here are the others.

That's up to the people of Indiana. I don't live there and couldn't care less what they call it.  Indiana is fine. Or they can rename it Bob.  Or Pence-Sylvania.  Whatever.  It's up to them.

The Declaration of Independence is one of the greatest documents of all time.  It is a shame, though, that Jefferson and the others didn't believe "All men are created equal" applied to everyone. All I can say is that those men were products of their time. Like all humans, they had flaws. But even with their flaws they were far more enlightened than most people of their time.

See above.

No.

That's up to the residents of Cody, Wyoming.  They can call their town whatever they want.  I actually visited there once.  Magnificent country. You should go there sometime.

Climate change is real and the vast majority of climate scientists all over the world, including those at NASA and NOAA, believe it is caused by human activity.  If you and Donald John Trump want to believe believe it's a hoax you're free to do so.

So you are fine with the local populace making a decision when it comes to Indiana, and Cody, and you think owning slaves was ok at the time, but for some reason Confederate generals get under your skin and need to be erased from the public square. I thought it was the local populace that chose to erect them in the first place.

My comment about the "environment" had nothing to do with climate change. I meant the environment you live in - an environment free of anything that may be politically incorrect based on your paradigms and biases.

I feel if there are statues and memorials in the public square and they have historical context, they should remain there. Renaming every park and school in the country that is called Lee or Jackson is ignorant. If you are going to take down one statue take every single one down because I guarantee that someone, somewhere can find something wrong with anyone that has something dedicated in their name.

If a local community wants to take a vote to remove or rename something, I am fine with that even if I find it stupid. I am not fine with a city council, other government bureaucrats or the courts ordering it to be done out of political correctness.

Up All Night

Quote from: smccomas69 on May 14, 2017, 07:11:43 AM
Then I would guess that everyone that is slamming the south will agree that states like California, Colorado etc that legalized Marijuana should be punished harshly.

Well, to start with California and NY should be penalized for de-criminalizing adultery and abortion.

Up All Night

Quote from: Meister_000 on May 14, 2017, 02:19:55 AM
More on the above

http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/report-fisa-court-issues-sealed-indictment-against-donald-trump/2810/

"When it comes to political pundits who claim to have inside sources, I judge them by track record. Liberal pundit Claude Taylor’s sources have recently been proven right about Donald Trump grand juries. Conservative pundit Louise Mensch’s sources have long been proven right on Trump-Russia FISA warrants. So when the two of them say they each have different inside sources telling them the same thing, I listen. And what they’re jointly saying tonight is that a sealed indictment has been delivered against Donald Trump.

Let’s be clear here: this is not an indictment against a Donald Trump associate or adviser, or some other ancillary player. Taylor and Mensch are jointly stating tonight on Mensch’s site that the sealed indictment is against Donald Trump himself (link). The sitting President of the United States cannot be arrested by law enforcement or tried by the Judicial Branch. But as they explain, the purpose of this indictment is to try to kickstart the impeachment process in Congress.

That may sound unlikely, considering Trump’s own Republican Party has a majority in both the House and Senate. But my own stated view all along has been that if damning enough evidence against Trump surfaces in the Russia scandal such that his approval rating falls far enough, the Congressional Republicans in moderate states and districts will have to consider moving forward with the impeachment process in order to protect their own chances of reelection in the midterms. In such case the GOP would put its own interests before Trump. And only around 10% of the Republicans in the House would need to join House Democrats to form the simple majority vote required to begin impeachment hearings.

I ran this evening’s report past a retired attorney, who found it legally valid on its face. So I find this credible, both from a logical standpoint, and more importantly, based on the fact that the inside sources of Mensch and Taylor have consistently proven to be correct. The news outlets that have been ignoring their sources have ended up being months late to important stories. Republican strategist Rick Wilson is vouching for them both this evening, based on their track record of inside sourcing (link). Keith Olbermann then chimed in and pointed out the same (link). So now we see where this goes, but it’s clear things have accelerated in response to Trump’s firing of James Comey."

#MAGA

Spy

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2017, 12:18:56 PM
So you are fine with the local populace making a decision when it comes to Indiana, and Cody, and you think owning slaves was ok at the time, but for some reason Confederate generals get under your skin and need to be erased from the public square. I thought it was the local populace that chose to erect them in the first place.

No, I do not think owning slaves was OK at the time. Slavery was never OK. I said Jefferson, like all humans was flawed and that he was a product of his time. Despite his flaws he was more enlightened than the majority of people of that era.

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2017, 12:18:56 PM
I feel if there are statues and memorials in the public square and they have historical context, they should remain there. Renaming every park and school in the country that is called Lee or Jackson is ignorant. If you are going to take down one statue take every single one down because I guarantee that someone, somewhere can find something wrong with anyone that has something dedicated in their name.

My view is that it depends on why a particular statue was erected. Who are they celebrating and why? Celebrating someone who fought to preserve slavery? I don't care for that but if you do, what can I say? You have your views, I have mine.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 14, 2017, 11:53:00 AM
This from a kept man living Europe.  ::)

You'll have to translate that for those of us not fluent in Mongo-Retard.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Spy on May 14, 2017, 01:19:29 PM
No, I do not think owning slaves was OK at the time. Slavery was never OK. I said Jefferson, like all humans was flawed and that he was a product of his time. Despite his flaws he was more enlightened than the majority of people of that era.

My view is that it depends on why a particular statue was erected. Who are they celebrating and why? Celebrating someone who fought to preserve slavery? I don't care for that but if you do, what can I say? You have your views, I have mine.

You allow, in your model, that Jefferson was flawed for owning slaves and for helping to create a government that allowed for slavery, yet in the case of Lee (who was born a mere 21 years after the Declaration of Independence) you hold to a different standard. One wrote the constitution that allowed it and one fought for what he, and many others felt, were matters that were "the product of their times".

I don't think slavery was right. Never said that. What I am saying is that Jefferson and Lee were products of the same time. They weren't separated by centuries of enlightenment. Their lives overlapped. To judge one of them, you have to judge them both.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2017, 01:55:37 PM
You allow, in your model, that Jefferson was flawed for owning slaves and for helping to create a government that allowed for slavery, yet in the case of Lee (who was born a mere 21 years after the Declaration of Independence) you hold to a different standard. One wrote the constitution that allowed it and one fought for what he, and many others felt, were matters that were "the product of their times".

I don't think slavery was right. Never said that. What I am saying is that Jefferson and Lee were products of the same time. They weren't separated by centuries of enlightenment. Their lives overlapped. To judge one of them, you have to judge them both.

Spy is being shamelessly Jesuitical in the manner of James Comey.  As a federal prosecutor in NYC Comey gained fame when he indicted Martha Stewart for insider trading but he refused to indict Clinton in the face of overwhelming evidence that she had committed crimes and lied about it to Congress in sworn testimony.  Spy is applying a double standard and it can't be defended as anything else.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Catsmile on May 14, 2017, 02:23:40 PM

If we were smart, and enforced our immigration laws the way Canada does, we could afford both.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 14, 2017, 02:14:05 PM
Spy is being shamelessly Jesuitical in the manner of James Comey.  As a federal prosecutor in NYC Comey gained fame when he indicted Martha Stewart for insider trading but he refused to indict Clinton in the face of overwhelming evidence that she had committed crimes and lied about it to Congress in sworn testimony.  Spy is applying a double standard and it can't be defended as anything else.

How are those two cases even remotely comparable, you (with respect) senile old fucker?

smccomas69

Well this is interesting

Attorney General Jeff Sessions made a big announcement about increasing prison sentences, at the same time that Jared is working on criminal-justice reform

Next victim
https://www.axios.com/scoop-trump-irked-at-cabinet-and-staff-mulls-sweeping-shake-up-2407137307.html

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 14, 2017, 01:27:17 PM
You'll have to translate that for those of us not fluent in Mongo-Retard.

Maybe it's time to admit that you have some fundamental problems with English. No translation can help that.  ::)

Spy

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2017, 01:55:37 PM

Alright, let's try this. Jefferson, a flawed man and a product of his time, drafted the Declaration of Independence in 1776 and played a major part in creating the USA.  Good.  He didn't think the phrase "all men are created equal" applied to everyone.  Not so good.

Robert E. Lee graduated 2nd in his class at West Point.  Had a distinguished military career in the US Army.  Good.  In 1862 he assumed command of the Army of Northern Virginia and did his best to preserve slavery by ripping the hell out of the nation created by Jefferson 86 years earlier.  Really not so good (in my Jesuitical* opinion).

Jesuitical: practicing casuistry or equivocation; using subtle or oversubtle reasoning; crafty; sly; intriguing.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 14, 2017, 02:34:16 PM
How are those two cases even remotely comparable, you (with respect) senile old fucker?

They're not.  It's just another example of a double standard and I really felt the need to say something nasty about James Comey and Hiliary Clinton.  It was very satisfying.  Like right now I feel  the need to tell you to eat my shorts. (Oh wow! Was that as good for you as it was for me?)

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 14, 2017, 03:33:00 PM

They're not.  It's just another example of a double standard and I really felt the need to say something nasty about James Comey and Hiliary Clinton.  It was very satisfying.  Like right now I feel  the need to tell you to eat my shorts. (Oh wow! Was that as good for you as it was for me?)

The James Comey that is widely credited with providing the impetus to push your orange crush over the finish line. You can't have it both ways.

And it's been at least twenty years since you wore shorts; you've been shuffling around in a crusty bathrobe ever since and these swivel eyed outbursts of yours are obviously due to diaper rash.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: malachi.martini 🍸 on May 14, 2017, 03:49:00 PM

Happy Mother's Day!

Dear, Joss....It was a tub of fuckery 25 years ago too. I'm sorry neither you or your mom were intelligent enough to realize it then.  ;)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 14, 2017, 03:43:40 PM
The James Comey that is widely credited with providing the impetus to push your orange crush over the finish line. You can't have it both ways.

And it's been at least twenty years since you wore shorts; you've been shuffling around in a crusty bathrobe ever since and these swivel eyed outbursts of yours are obviously due to diaper rash.

If she would have been indicted last July when she should have been the Democrats might have had a chance to nominate someone who might have beaten Trump.   The business with Weiner's laptop was not what kept the Dems from winning the election it was the shit candidate at the head of the ticket.  Comey double fucked the democrats and according to insiders Hilliary would have fired him as her first order of business.  The riduculessnes here is that the very same people that were calling for Comey's head up until the moment he was actually fired are now treating it like it was the Saturday Night Massacre on steroids.  Why wouldn't you be telling them that they can't have it both ways.  Oh yeah that's right, you haven't got lick of sense.  Never mind. 

As for my bathrobe, it's a spotlessly clean institutional green garment with the name of our facility emblazoned on the back.  In fact I have two of them, one of which I save to wear during visiting hours and during the weekly sing-a-long and strawberry shortcake social.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Spy on May 14, 2017, 03:18:18 PM
Alright, let's try this. Jefferson, a flawed man and a product of his time, drafted the Declaration of Independence in 1776 and played a major part in creating the USA.  Good.  He didn't think the phrase "all men are created equal" applied to everyone.  Not so good.

Robert E. Lee graduated 2nd in his class at West Point.  Had a distinguished military career in the US Army.  Good.  In 1862 he assumed command of the Army of Northern Virginia and did his best to preserve slavery by ripping the hell out of the nation created by Jefferson 86 years earlier.  Really not so good (in my Jesuitical* opinion).

Jesuitical: practicing casuistry or equivocation; using subtle or oversubtle reasoning; crafty; sly; intriguing.

OK. As a compromise we will build a big stone monument for the not good guy but we will put up a statue so the pigeons can crap on his head for the really not good guy.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2017, 05:06:15 PM
OK. As a compromise we will build a big stone monument for the not good guy but we will put up a statue so the pigeons can crap on his head for the really not good guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIgSTjzrmRg

Quote from: Spy on May 14, 2017, 03:18:18 PM

Robert E. Lee was also the son of Revolutionary War patriot Major-General Henry "Light-Horse Harry" Lee III  who was instrumental in the adoption of the Constitution by the state of Virginia.  Maybe Robert E. Lee didn't think the federal government was sticking to its promise in the 10th Amendment.  I'm torn by the two sides.  I love Abraham Lincoln and Robert E. Lee.  I see the arguments on both sides of the war.  The Civil War was bigger than just the issue of slavery. If it was just that then I would say fuck the Confederacy.  It changed the balance of power in favor of the federal government.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 14, 2017, 05:26:09 PM
Robert E. Lee was also the son of Revolutionary War patriot Major-General Henry "Light-Horse Harry" Lee III  who was instrumental in the adoption of the Constitution by the state of Virginia.  Maybe Robert E. Lee didn't think the federal government was sticking to its promise in the 10th Amendment.  I'm torn by the two sides.  I love Abraham Lincoln and Robert E. Lee.  I see the arguments on both sides of the war.  The Civil War was bigger than just the issue of slavery. If it was just that then I would say fuck the Confederacy.  It changed the balance of power in favor of the federal government.

Most people don't realize that more American soldiers were killed in the Civil War than in all other wars combined.

The last confirmed surviving veteran lived until 1956. He was only 15 and a drummer in the Union army when the war ended.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Woolson

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 14, 2017, 05:26:09 PM

It's the two flashpoints of American history where federal executive authority trumped states rights: slavery and segregation.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 14, 2017, 05:35:31 PM
It's the two flashpoints of American history where federal executive authority trumped states rights: slavery and segregation.

Until Obamacare

Actually there are more such as Roe v. Wade, Gender neutral bathrooms and Michelle Obama lunches.

I am not sure federal courts even recognize the 10th amendment any more. Too many precedents that undermine it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2017, 05:36:25 PM
Until Obamacare

I would've said until they used 9/11 to start chipping away at individual rights for the sake of security or something that passes for it on the evening news, anyway....but yes, that too.  ;)

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2017, 05:32:38 PM
Most people don't realize that more American soldiers were killed in the Civil War than in all other wars combined.

The last surviving veteran lived until 1956. He was only 15 and a drummer in the Union army when the war ended.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Woolson

Wow, didn't know that.  Cool.  I knew some lived until the 1930's and 40's.  It is too bad that people aren't educated better about the Civil War.  It was not a simplistic good versus evil fight with the South being evil because of slavery and the North fighting for all that is right and good.  It was far more complex than that with shades of grey on both sides.