• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Up All Night on May 12, 2017, 12:32:55 AM
When I see the words "Special Prosecutor" bandied about, the first thing that comes to my mind that really needs one, is The 2012 Benghazi attack.
Fasr & Furious

Meister_000

Quote from: Taaroa on May 12, 2017, 09:39:57 AM
It doesn't have the catchy name that Watergate had and which the media so loved, so it's nowhere near as bad.  ::)

Watergate was/is a great name. FBI raided some offices yesterday, more to come, and maybe we'll get a juicy new name out of it all yet. :D.

Taaroa

Quote from: Meister_000 on May 12, 2017, 10:09:08 AM
Watergate was/is a great name. FBI raided some offices yesterday, more to come, and maybe we'll get a juicy new name out of it all yet. :D.

More likely you'll just get more hack journalists using the -gate suffix.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Zetaspeak on May 12, 2017, 09:26:27 AM
It certainly a question I'd be interested being answered if/when Comey testifies.

Remember how much Trump and his supporters kicked and screamed when Bill Clinton met with Lynch of a few seconds. Trump says he had dinner with Comey and asked specifics about the investigation against him and his campaign, silence.

I think it was more like 37 minutes. In a clandestine meeting. By an ex-president that had originally hired Lynch, whose wife was clearly under investigation.

Trump was Comey's boss. In the chain of command. Having in dinner. In public. On the record. Having to make a decision about whether or not to keep someone from a previous administration or appoint someone new.

I can see a lot of differences.

Juan

Did Trump and Comey talk about grandchildren?

Zetaspeak

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 12, 2017, 10:13:48 AM
I think it was more like 37 minutes. In a clandestine meeting. By an ex-president that had originally hired Lynch, whose wife was clearly under investigation.

Trump was Comey's boss. In the chain of command. Having in dinner. In public. On the record. Having yo make a decision about whether or not to keep someone from a previous administration or appoint someone new.

I can see a lot of differences.

You won't get an argument by me on this, really stupid on Lynch end to do that, just for optics alone. After seeing Yates in action, I was so much more impressed with her than Lynch.

Equally stupid of Trump talking about asking specifics of a case that directly attached to him and his campaign.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Zetaspeak on May 12, 2017, 10:23:29 AM
You won't get an argument by me on this, really stupid on Lynch end to do that, just for optics alone. After seeing Yates in action, I was so much more impressed with her than Lynch.

Equally stupid of Trump talking about asking specifics of a case that directly attached to him and his campaign.

I agree. When asked why he fired him, he just should have said, "It was a decision I chose to make." And leaving it at that.

p.s. Having had to fire dozens of people in my career, I learned (and was taught) not to put any more details in the termination letter than were absolutely necessary. It was a mistake to add the words about not being investigated.

GravitySucks

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 12, 2017, 09:40:26 AM
Fasr & Furious

If I remember correctly, Eric Holder was found in Contempt of Congress during the hearings. This investigation cried out for a soecial investigator.

Quote from: Meister_000 on May 12, 2017, 10:09:08 AM

That's the Left for you, D's and ''Progressives'' are to be supported no matter what crimes they are involved in, everything else is Watergate.

Quote from: Meister_000 on May 12, 2017, 04:10:16 AM
Former CIA Director Comey is held in the absolute highest regard...

By the way, he was FBI Director.  Not that it matters to you, or that you would know the difference.

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 12, 2017, 10:47:08 AM
If I remember correctly, Eric Holder was found in Contempt of Congress during the hearings. This investigation cried out for a soecial investigator.

Half a dozen things  in the Obama administration should have been investigated by a special prosecutor.  I'll bring up one that nobody has bothered mentioning in the last 3 months and personally it is the one that bothered me the most.  Lois Lerner and the IRS.  A Quinnipiac poll found that 76% of respondents wanted an independent special counsel and that included 63% of Democrats.  No counsel was hired.

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 12, 2017, 07:50:36 AM
Take any partisan opinion out of it. The sequence of events (and the various and different stories put out by Trump and staff) about Comey's firing don't pass the stinky fish test. First we're told Jeff Sessons and Rod Rosenstein advised Trump to fire Comey because he had messed up with the Clinton episode last year that they felt (apparently indepedently at the same time) put Clinton in a bad light. They took this quickly arrived meeting of minds to Trump who mulled it over and agreed that Clinton had been wronged and instructed a staffer to tell the press pool first Comey was out;  Not having the common decency to tell Comey first who found out when it was on tv screens behind him when he was talking to staffers in LA.

And all that, though completely crass, unprofessional and beneath contempt would in itself leave a bad taste at the FBI, got a whole lot worse when it was revealed Trump had decided to fire Comey, before telling the AG and DAG to type up a page or so explaining why they thought (at the same time remember!) Comey should go. Trump compounded it by adding the paragraph about Comey allegedly exonerating Trump completely, which he repeated yesterday in a TV interview. His obviously made up story would be endearing if he was five, but this is the POTUS.

And then it got worse. The WH poodles piled n and said that not only did the FBI staff want Comey out, but anyone and everyone they could think of; Trump doing his usual thing and attacking Comey's integrity. Bearing in mind that everything Comey was allegedly fired for, was known before Trump was elected. Trump then mentioned the Russa investigation (to which Comey had asked The DAG the day before for more resources) also being a factor in deciding Comey' fate.

In summary then, we have an AG who had recused himself from the investigation that he and the DAG fired the head of the FBI who was leading said investigation from. Allegedly because of Clinton, although Trump now says the Russian investigation was a factor in the sacking, alleging that Comey had reassured him three times that Trump wasn't under investigation. The WH alleging that the FBI staff wanted Comey out has also been disputed by the acting director and numerous staff at the FBI, all of whom say Comey was highly respected and a man of high integrity Oh, it was also revealed that in January after reappointing Comey, Trump asked Comey to pledge an oath of loyalty to Trump.

Trump and the WH have lied once too many. And it will soon be over for Trump.

That must be some good shit you're ingesting, Pud.  You better keep using it or you might flip out like a ninja.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnzoqVxBqu4

GravitySucks

Here is one that will get meister's panties wet.

This was produced and released by John Podesta.

John Podesta has more ties to Russia than the Russian ambassador.

https://youtu.be/iGGjs_2n3TM

smccomas69

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 12, 2017, 11:00:39 AM
Half a dozen things  in the Obama administration should have been investigated by a special prosecutor.  I'll bring up one that nobody has bothered mentioning in the last 3 months and personally it is the one that bothered me the most.  Lois Lerner and the IRS.  A Quinnipiac poll found that 76% of respondents wanted an independent special counsel and that included 63% of Democrats.  No counsel was hired.

Fast and Furious and the IRS Scandal. Louis Lerner made an opening statement then pleaded the 5th which I did not think you could do but then again Obama admin.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on May 12, 2017, 07:53:49 AM
So you would have been okay if Obama fired him in the middle of the Clinton email investigation? You guys would have had a fit! You can scream "You wanted" all you want, but he wasn't fired when the investigation was on a Obama ally, but was when the investigation was on Trump. Speaking of double speak, I sure as hell saw a lot from Republicans last year.

Now for your daily, "Totally not like Nixon" report

I make no bones that Trump and his surrogates had a habit of lying during the campaign.  I didn't approve of it then nor do I now.  That said, the Democrats more than make up the difference and then some.

Quote from: Meister_000 on May 12, 2017, 08:54:39 AM
Last night I read four different articles (NYTimes, WaPo, New Yorker, Politico)

lol

You say that as though it has currency? It doesn't, you media drunk dumpster fire.

Spy

Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer taking the podium out for a spin in Midtown Manhattan.  McCarthy will be hosting SNL this week.

Quote from: Spy on May 12, 2017, 11:42:05 AM

Reagan was smarter on the day of his death than you ever will be.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 12, 2017, 09:25:57 AM
Well you didn't mention Clinton at least. If you seriously think that Trump doesn't believe firing Comey (Which he now says was only his doing and not the DAG) would end the Russian investigation you should rent out the cloud you live on in cuckoo land. You, me and normal people know it isn't over, but Trump isn't normal. He really thinks he is the supreme being and above any criticism, blame, responsibility or accountability. Anything and everything he blames on others.

Here's the thing.  Everyone knows that Trump does not expect that firing Comey will foreclose on any negative findings that may be forthcoming.  You know that, I know that and all his enemies among establishment politicians and the corporate media know that.  Yet 62% of the major networks'  evening news last night was dedicated to pushing the idea that Trump acted because Comey is closing in on him.  When the smoke clears on this and the results of the FBI investigations are publicized, the press and all other stakeholders in this effort to keep Trump from draining  theswamp will not accept the truth and will make excuses for publishing all the leaks and false narratives that they have so aggressively promoted.

Fair and honest criticism is good for democracy but there has been very little of that where Trump is concerned and people outside of the leftist strongholds on the east and west coasts can see that the aforementioned group of jackles are lying their asses off and take American voters for fools.  At some point these subversives must be held responsible for their efforts to undermine a democratically elected president by foul means.  I suggest that the range of punishment should, according to the egregiousness of their acts, start with remedies like tarring and feathering or keel hauling to long stretches in a federal facility where they will be engaged in making small ones out of big ones 6 days a week.

Spy

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 12, 2017, 11:44:20 AM
Reagan was smarter on the day of his death than you ever will be.

Yeah, the acting FBI chief is a Democrat and I'm sure all the open investigations will remain open.  Why the media and Democratic partisans are so upset is rather befuddling to me.

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 12, 2017, 11:50:31 AM
Here's the thing.  Everyone knows that Trump does not expect that firing Comey will foreclose on any negative findings that may be forthcoming.  You know that, I know that and all his enemies among establishment politicians and the corporate media know that.  Yet 62% of the major networks'  evening news last night was dedicated to pushing the idea that Trump acted because Comey is closing in on him.  When the smoke clears on this and the results of the FBI investigations are publicized, the press and all other stakeholders in this effort to keep Trump from draining  theswamp will not accept the truth and will make excuses for publishing all the leaks and false narratives that they have so aggressively promoted.

Fair and honest criticism is good for democracy but there has been very little of that where Trump is concerned and people outside of the leftist strongholds on the east and west coasts can see that the aforementioned group of jackles are lying their asses off and take American voters for fools.  At some point these subversives must be held responsible for their efforts to undermine a democratically elected president by foul means.  I suggest that the range of punishment should, according to the egregiousness of their acts, start with remedies like tarring and feathering or keel hauling to long stretches in a federal facility where they will be engaged in making small ones out of big ones 6 days a week.

Quote from: Meister_000 on May 12, 2017, 08:54:39 AM
Last night I read four different articles (NYTimes, WaPo, New Yorker, Politico) all of which essentially agreed...

You haven't noticed that they all ''agree'' on everything every day?  Going on decades now.  Almost like it's orchestrated.  Almost as if there's an agenda to push.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 12, 2017, 12:21:38 PM
You haven't noticed that they all ''agree'' on everything every day?  Going on decades now.  Almost like it's orchestrated.  Almost as if there's an agenda to push.

You don't think that they could be in collusion?  OH MY!!!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on May 12, 2017, 07:50:36 AM
Take any partisan opinion out of it. The sequence of events (and the various and different stories put out by Trump and staff) about Comey's firing don't pass the stinky fish test. First we're told Jeff Sessons and Rod Rosenstein advised Trump to fire Comey because he had messed up with the Clinton episode last year that they felt (apparently indepedently at the same time) put Clinton in a bad light. They took this quickly arrived meeting of minds to Trump who mulled it over and agreed that Clinton had been wronged and instructed a staffer to tell the press pool first Comey was out;  Not having the common decency to tell Comey first who found out when it was on tv screens behind him when he was talking to staffers in LA.

And all that, though completely crass, unprofessional and beneath contempt would in itself leave a bad taste at the FBI, got a whole lot worse when it was revealed Trump had decided to fire Comey, before telling the AG and DAG to type up a page or so explaining why they thought (at the same time remember!) Comey should go. Trump compounded it by adding the paragraph about Comey allegedly exonerating Trump completely, which he repeated yesterday in a TV interview. His obviously made up story would be endearing if he was five, but this is the POTUS.

And then it got worse. The WH poodles piled n and said that not only did the FBI staff want Comey out, but anyone and everyone they could think of; Trump doing his usual thing and attacking Comey's integrity. Bearing in mind that everything Comey was allegedly fired for, was known before Trump was elected. Trump then mentioned the Russa investigation (to which Comey had asked The DAG the day before for more resources) also being a factor in deciding Comey' fate.

In summary then, we have an AG who had recused himself from the investigation that he and the DAG fired the head of the FBI who was leading said investigation from. Allegedly because of Clinton, although Trump now says the Russian investigation was a factor in the sacking, alleging that Comey had reassured him three times that Trump wasn't under investigation. The WH alleging that the FBI staff wanted Comey out has also been disputed by the acting director and numerous staff at the FBI, all of whom say Comey was highly respected and a man of high integrity Oh, it was also revealed that in January after reappointing Comey, Trump asked Comey to pledge an oath of loyalty to Trump.

Trump and the WH have lied once too many. And it will soon be over for Trump.

TL;DR

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Zetaspeak on May 12, 2017, 07:53:49 AM
So you would have been okay if Obama fired him in the middle of the Clinton email investigation? You guys would have had a fit! You can scream "You wanted" all you want, but he wasn't fired when the investigation was on a Obama ally, but was when the investigation was on Trump. Speaking of double speak, I sure as hell saw a lot from Republicans last year.

No, I would've been OK with Obama firing him but that would've never happened because Comey's clearly a partisan hack who was doing political favors for the Dems. Obama, Hillary, Comey: All 3 of them should be in jail.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 12, 2017, 10:58:30 AM
By the way, he was FBI Director.  Not that it matters to you, or that you would know the difference.

Canadians have trouble keeping track.  ;)

smccomas69

Quote from: pyewacket on May 12, 2017, 12:11:18 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F0Hv9TUrfs

God that made my head hurt.....Could be a drinking game every time someone says investigation DRINK. Would lead to alcohol poisoning though. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 12, 2017, 11:15:51 AM
I make no bones that Trump and his surrogates had a habit of lying during the campaign.  I didn't approve of it then nor do I now.  That said, the Democrats more than make up the difference and then some.

Yes, yes...you're a very good man. Now just make sure that fencepost doesn't get shoved too far up your ass.  ::)