• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on May 11, 2017, 02:11:12 PM
Remember the GOP never liked Trump, they only went along with him for the MAGA voters. No love lost. They insert Pence and it's business as usual; cut health care to old and poor working class, tax cuts for the rich. No need to spend billions on Trump's silly wall or other outlandish campaign promises.
That is why I'm very confused by the media and Hollywood, and the other leftists, and their determination to take down Trump. Trump is liberal on so many of their important social issues. It is weird. Trump leaves and Pence is President and the GOP wins.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 11, 2017, 02:15:01 PM
Unlike the Democrats and their superdelegates, the GOP did not have a choice. What other parts of the process do you not understand?

I don't think it was ever used but Rule 9 with its vague wording "Condition of mind.." "declination", etc, would have revealed Trump's problematic psychological issues, though impeachment still remains their ultimate way out.
http://ballotpedia.org/Rule_9_and_the_2016_presidential_election
[edit: wrong Rule 9, fixed, thanks G]

Rule 9 of the national GOP rules permits RNC leaders to fill presidential candidate vacancies “which may occur by death, declination, or otherwise.” Humphrey argues that the word “otherwise” would apply to Trump’s case.

lol, "otherwise"

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/08/10/never-trump-senator-invokes-rule-9-gop-national-rules-opportunity-dump-trump/

I don't know why we demand that our military leaders (below the chain of command) undergo rigorous physical and psychological exams for top secret positions in government, but allow any crazy person to become president.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on May 11, 2017, 02:44:57 PM
I don't think it was ever used but Rule 9 with its vague wording "Condition of mind..", would have revealed Trump's problematic psychological issues, though impeachment still remains their ultimate way out.

I don't know why we demand that our military leaders (below the chain of command) undergo rigorous physical and psychological exams for top secret positions in government, but allow any crazy person to become president.

I have to teach you something once again. Rule #9 is "Never go anywhere without carrying a knife".

http://ncis.wikia.com/wiki/Gibbs%27s_Rules

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 11, 2017, 02:52:01 PM
I have to teach you something once again. Rule #9 is "Always carry a knife".

http://www.gibbsrules.com/

Dammit if Trump is crazy and armed. And he even got to sign the bill allowing it.

Trump Signs Bill Allowing Mentally Ill to Buy Guns
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/876479

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on May 11, 2017, 03:00:32 PM
404 on that link.

Dammit if Trump is crazy and armed. And he even got to sign the bill allowing it.

Trump Signs Bill Allowing Mentally Ill to Buy Guns
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/876479

Yeah. I copied it without clicking. I linked to a better one.

Can I have your login information for medscape so I can read that article?

Looks like we are both link-challenged today.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on May 11, 2017, 01:22:21 PM
That's a winky face? I thought it was a tic

That's understandable. You're Mexican. I'm sure you're very familiar with ticks.  :)

smccomas69

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 11, 2017, 03:01:33 PM

Have to sign in :(

That said I support this just because a person is "crazy" does not mean they are dangerous. Inevitably the state would have used this to disarm veterans. They would say anyone with PTSD was mentally ill and that would have been that. You could say I was being paranoid get a tin hat or what ever trust me they would have done it.

As an example: "The 9th Federal Circuit Court has upheld the ATF’s interpretation on possession of a medical marijuana card as “intermediate proof” that you have no right to possess, transfer or purchase firearms and ammunition."

If you live in a state that has legalized medical marijuana and a person applies they are voluntarily forfeiting their second amendment rights.

Yep glad he signed it.

Source: http://concealednation.org/2016/09/federal-court-rules-medical-marijuana-patients-have-no-second-amendment-rights/     

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 11, 2017, 03:01:33 PM

Can I have your login information for medscape so I can read that article?

Looks like we are both link-challenged today.
Yes, sorry...too many links, too little time. Here's the link to the bill itself. Basically it says if you are mentally incapacitated enough to have someone else managing your legal, financial affairs, no problem, you can still buy a gun. medscape, health professionals see this as a problem, but not our current admin.

http://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-joint-resolution/40

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on May 11, 2017, 02:11:12 PM
Remember the GOP never liked Trump, they only went along with him for the MAGA voters. No love lost. They insert Pence and it's business as usual; cut health care to old and poor working class, tax cuts for the rich. No need to spend billions on Trump's silly wall or other outlandish campaign promises.

You're routing to go back to the status quo?! That means you're either retarded or you were benefiting from the corruption in some way.  :D

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on May 11, 2017, 03:18:29 PM
Yes, sorry...too many links, too little time. Here's the link to the bill itself. Basically it says if you are mentally incapacitated enough to have someone else managing your legal, financial affairs, no problem, you can still buy a gun. medscape, health professionals see this as a problem, but not our current admin.

http://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-joint-resolution/40

What it did was return the legal precedent to what it was prior to an executive action that Obama took.

The constitution has a bill of rights. One of those is the 2nd amendment.

There is legal precedent for infringing on that right, but until Obama's executive action, they all required due process. Meaning a court order. Not a bureaucrat determining that because you need help with your social security check deposit, that you should not be allowed to own a firearm.

The executive action provided no legal recourse to challenge getting your name in the database and no legal recourse to remove your name should your mental capacity improve.

There is a similar dilemma with the no-fly list. There is no due process involved with being placed on the no-fly list. That is why someone on the no-fly list can still purchase a gun as long as they meet the other background check requirements. This should be fixed by adding a due process requirement to the no-fly list.

smccomas69

I don't think it was ever used but Rule 9 with its vague wording "Condition of mind.." "declination", etc, would have revealed Trump's problematic psychological issues, though impeachment still remains their ultimate way out.
http://ballotpedia.org/Rule_9_and_the_2016_presidential_election
[edit: wrong Rule 9, fixed, thanks G]

Rule 9 of the national GOP rules permits RNC leaders to fill presidential candidate vacancies “which may occur by death, declination, or otherwise.” Humphrey argues that the word “otherwise” would apply to Trump’s case.

lol, "otherwise"

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/08/10/never-trump-senator-invokes-rule-9-gop-national-rules-opportunity-dump-trump/

Trump is not going to be impeached just stop with that, what we may see is a lot of prominent Democrats and Republicans go down. I am ok with it great entertainment.

"undergo rigorous physical and psychological exams for top secret positions" pftt it is not what you think buddy. I had a secret clearance and several of my friends have top secret, it is really about not getting caught.

smccomas69

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 11, 2017, 03:24:06 PM
What it did was return the legal precedent to what it was prior to an executive action that Obama took.

There is legal precedent for infringing on that right, but until Obama's executive action, they all required due process. Meaning a court order. Not a bureaucrat determining that because you need help with your social security check deposit, that you should not be allowed to own a firearm.

The executive action provided no legal recourse to challenge getting your name in the database and no legal recourse to remove your name should your mental capacity improve.

There is a similar dilemma with the no-fly list. There is no due process involved with being placed on the no-fly list. That is why someone on the no-fly list can still purchase a gun as long as they meet the other background check requirements. This shoukd be fixed by adding a due process requirement to the no-fly list.

Thanks for the details.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 11, 2017, 03:24:06 PM

I'm not interested in debating the 2nd amendment, only the modern day fears experienced by working in an environment where a growing number of mentally unstable people are also armed.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on May 11, 2017, 03:30:25 PM
I'm not interested in debating the 2nd amendment, only the modern day fears experienced by working in an environment where a growing number of mentally unstable people are also armed.

I can understand that, but they didn't make it any easier than it was a year ago prior to Obama's executive action. If someone is mentally ill, and have been declared incompetent by a judge, they cannot purchase a firearm. It will always be difficult to know if someone has surrendered all their firearms when such a determination is made.

Form 4473 11.(f) already asks if you have been abjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution. That is the process supported by due process.

Not to belabor the point, but people do lie on these forms. And the ATF/FBI catch them on their background check 99% of the time and the firearm purchase is not allowed.  The problem is that the ATF only prosecutes .1% of the people that are caught lying on the form. The government has the tools to protect you. For some reason they choose not to use them.

Here is a link with some data to back up what I just said.

In 2010, out of 4,184 people caught lying on the form, only 44 were prosecuted.
Keep in mind that lying on this form is a felony with maximum punishment being 10 years in prison. We don't need more gun laws. We need to enforce the ones we have.

http://freedomoutpost.com/joe-biden-we-dont-have-time-to-prosecute-everybody-who-lies-on-background-checks/

Dr. MD MD

Of course you don't. You just ignore things that aren't in line with your ideology but it's not going away. If mentally unstable people are walking around in public armed I'd say that has more to do with cut backs to mental health than the 2nd amendment. There used to be more asylums and counselling available to them and now they're just given questionable drugs and sent home to deal with it themselves.

mikuthing01

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 11, 2017, 03:40:38 PM
I can understand that, but they didn't make it any easier than it was a year ago prior to Obama's executive action. If someone is mentally ill, and have been declared incompetent by a judge, they cannot purchase a firearm. It will always be difficult to know if someone has surrendered all their firearms when such a determination is made.

Form 4473 11.(f) already asks if you have been abjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution. That is the process supported by due process.

Not to belabor the point, but people do lie on these forms. And the ATF/FBI catch them on their background check 99% of the time and the firearm purchase is not allowed.  The problem is that the ATF only prosecutes .1% of the people that are caught lying on the form. The government has the tools to protect you. For some reason they choose not to use them.

I have a relative that was locked up in a mental hospital more than a few times in her emo teen years and she is still able to buy guns legally. I also know people who have felonies and own guns illegally because they post their guns on facebook.

GravitySucks

Quote from: mikuthing01🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on May 11, 2017, 03:55:54 PM
I have a relative that was locked up in a mental hospital more than a few times in her emo teen years and she is still able to buy guns legally. I also know people who have felonies and own guns illegally because they post their guns on facebook.

And as a concerned citizen, you make sure that you tell your local PD about these people. I am so proud of you. Carry on.

smccomas69

You could also learn to use a firearm, buy one and protect yourself? Call that empowerment. (I am assuming you are female if I am wrong sorry) 

pyewacket

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 11, 2017, 12:26:53 PM
A perfect example of what I'm talking about. Maybe if you took a bit more time thinking about your responses they'd actually be funny once in awhile instead of just sanctimonious like that.  ;)

This might help- the right tool for the right job- you're welcome.  ;)

albrecht

I guess the Founder figured if the people want it, anyone can get in like Obama who couldn't pass a basic government background check with his sordid and mysterious past, drug abuses, and friends & mentors. But could still be elected and serve as President. I'm pretty sure it is in the politicians' self-interest that they don't need to pass drug test, income tests, competency exams, physical exams, background checks etc to be get elected. Anytime I see them demanding stuff for others- like "we need to drug test everyone on welfare" "we need to drug test all HS football players" I think why don't we drug trust you all first? You do more possible damage, in terms of costs, wars, taxes, etc to the people than the welfare queen downtown or the dude using steroids.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 11, 2017, 03:40:38 PM

Here is a link with some data to back up what I just said.

In 2010, out of 4,184 people caught lying on the form, only 44 were prosecuted.
Keep in mind that lying on this form is a felony with maximum punishment being 10 years in prison. We don't need more gun laws. We need to enforce the ones we have.

http://freedomoutpost.com/joe-biden-we-dont-have-time-to-prosecute-everybody-who-lies-on-background-checks/
It is interesting to note that something not explicitly stated in the original Constitution- the right to vote- (some people could not vote and the States were in charge of making voting requirements and system) is a "right" that needs no proof of citizenship or proof of identity to use (or so the Left tells us.) But to get a firearm, mentioned in the Constitution, you need to show an ID proving your identity and fill out a Federal form.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on May 11, 2017, 04:57:42 PM
It is interesting to note that something not explicitly stated in the original Constitution- the right to vote- (some people could not vote and the States were in charge of making voting requirements and system) is a "right" that needs no proof of citizenship or proof of identity to use (or so the Left tells us.) But to get a firearm, mentioned in the Constitution, you need to show an ID proving your identity and fill out a Federal form.

And yet, the one office that is clearly defined in the constitution as far as the conditions that must be met, is not supported by any statute requiring proof that those conditions are met?

Let alone "natural born citizen", how can you prove the minimum age requirements for various offices without a birth certificate?

Call it the Obama law if you must. Call it the Doogie Howser or the Ted Cruz law as far as I am concerned, but make it a legal requirement to provide proof you are eligible as soon as you declare yourself eligible for any office.

Up All Night

You guys and gals are just getting too easily aroused over this Comey firing/Russian Ties Investigation thing.

Ask your Doctor about this...

GravitySucks

Wouldn't it be great if you could have a 140 character peace treaty?

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/862788002594127873

GravitySucks

Quote from: Up All Night on May 11, 2017, 06:22:22 PM
You guys and gals are just getting too easily aroused over this Comey firing/Russian Ties Investigation thing.

Ask your Doctor about this...

I'm good

Meister_000

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 11, 2017, 09:29:50 AM
Figures you would take comfort with a guy that is under investigation for ethics violations for not recusing himself from heading up the Clinton email investigation - after his wife took $500,000 in donations from Terry McAuliffe.

FFS, you retarded senile fags and "Hillary's Emails" bull-shit!

Grow the fuck up and start paying attention to
***CURRENT FUCKING EVENTS.***
                      as in
**The _REAL_ THREAT to America
that DONALD TRUMP _*IS* _NOW_ IN 2017

The year now is 2017
2009 is 8 years ago
Hillary is history

WAKE FUCKING UP!

The current year is (wait for it . . . ) 2017!
Do you know who your President is?
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

to be continued . . .
(until you get it through your thick fucking infantile heads)

Quote from: Meister_000 on May 11, 2017, 08:39:23 PM

as in

... to be continued . . .

Well, we're just exposing your complete hypocrisy.  Not only did you defend every single one of Hilary and Barry's crimes, it was this particular crime the whole ''Trump/Russia'' ''scandal'' was ginned up to deflect and take the heat off.

You and the rest of the ''Progressive'' Klux Klan McCarthyites are the ones spinning every comment and action into a piece of your Russia drama/narrative on a daily basis, no matter how phony and dishonest.  We're just pointing it all out.  Hope that helps, fag. 

mikuthing01

Quote from: Meister_000 on May 11, 2017, 08:39:23 PM

as in

The year now is 2017
2009 is 8 years ago
Hillary is history

WAKE FUCKING UP!

The current year is (wait for it . . . ) 2017!
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

The current year is 2017
OOPS!!!

to be continued . . .

[CURRENT YEAR INTENSIFIES]