• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Lt.Uhura

Special prediction line tonight...

Who's next to go?

Who will be the next to leave the White House/Trump administration? And for bonus points, by what means: fired, quit, or death?

I'll put my money on Sean Spicer. He looks as if he's seriously getting close to going over the edge, especially after literally hiding in the bushes from the press in his eerie deer-in-the-headlights appearance outside the WH in the dark. Evidently, his recent absence from WH briefings were due to "fulfilling his Naval Reserve duty", which he's no doubt thankful for. Still, he has that desperate look of a man searching for a more lengthy escape. I think he'll quit and use his family and Navy commitments as an excuse.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Meister_000 on May 10, 2017, 11:14:44 PM
We'll take it one step, one disgraceful Republican, at a time. It might be even easier to take back the House (mid-term) with avowed Christofascist Pence on deck!  :D
a

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on May 10, 2017, 11:53:33 PM

Who's next to go?

Who will be the next to leave the White House/Trump administration. And for bonus points, by what means: fired, quit, or death?

I'll put my money on Sean Spicer. He looks as if he's seriously getting close to going over the edge, especially after literally hiding in the bushes from the press in his eerie deer-in-the-headlights appearance outside the WH in the dark. Evidently, his recent absence from WH briefings were due to "fulfilling his Naval Reserve duty", which he's no doubt thankful for. Still, he has that desperate look of a man searching for a more lengthy escape. I think he'll quit and use his family and Navy commitments as an excuse.

You might be right, but be careful what you wish for. These antics by the establishment will eventually cause any sane, ethical person to totally steer clear of Washington DC and you will end up with a Politburo where the only difference between the two parties is whether or not they believe abortion on demand is an inalienable right. Most accomplished business people already refuse to submit themselves to the circus. I don't care if you are liberal or conservative, you should be able to see the danger with career politicians.

Term limits are the only hope as we approach the day of having a ruling political establishment.

WOTR

I'll put my money on Sean Spicer. He looks as if he's seriously getting close to going over the edge, especially after literally hiding in the bushes from the press in his eerie deer-in-the-headlights appearance outside the WH in the dark.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 11, 2017, 12:03:49 AM
You might be right, but be careful what you wish for. These antics by the establishment will eventually cause any sane, ethical person to totally steer clear of Washington DC and you will end up with a Politburo where the only difference between the two parties is whether or not they believe abortion demand is an inalienable right. Most accomplished business people already refuse to submit themselves to the circus. I don't care if you are liberal or conservative, you should be able to see the danger with career politicians.

Term limits are the only hope as we approach the day of having a ruling political establishment.
Vladimir Bukovsky
Anatoliy Golitsyn
Petr Cibulka
Yuri Alexandrovich Bezmenov
Not to mention the various papers and archives that have come out (Venona papers)
I don't trust the Commies, whether then, or the people now in place here in the possible long-term goals. And don't get my thoughts on the Chinese. They think/plan even longer term and are an enemy, or potential, on several levels. And it is not about "Party" but about their beliefs about their place in the universe.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 11, 2017, 12:03:49 AM
You might be right, but be careful what you wish for. These antics by the establishment will eventually cause any sane, ethical person to totally steer clear of Washington DC and you will end up with a Politburo where the only difference between the two parties is whether or not they believe abortion demand is an inalienable right. Most accomplished business people already refuse to submit themselves to the circus. I don't care if you are liberal or conservative, you should be able to see the danger with career politicians.

Regardless of political ideologies, the stress of working for Trump has to be brutal. I think it's especially hard for the communications staff. They often look caught off guard, as if they're hearing about major decisions on the news, as Comey did. There's no prep time to offer a reasonable response, so they're left to second guess their boss, publicly embarrassing themselves if they misspeak. Their reputations are at stake.

And definitely yes to term limits for the elected ones. Throw them off the gravy train after one or two terms.

WOTR

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on May 11, 2017, 12:19:58 AM
And definitely yes to term limits for the elected ones. Throw them off the gravy train after one or two terms.
I go with two.  One to learn the ropes, one to effect change (this way you don't have people coming in thinking they have one term to make a difference and rush headlong into stupid decisions...)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on May 11, 2017, 12:19:58 AM
Regardless of political ideologies, the stress of working for Trump has to be brutal. I think it's especially hard for the communications staff. They often look caught off guard, as if they're hearing about major decisions on the news, as Comey did. There's no prep time to offer a reasonable response, so they're left to second guess their boss, publicly embarrassing themselves if they misspeak. Their reputations are at stake.

i

You can help with term limits. We all can. Don't vote for the incumbent in the primary. Vote your. Party to stay with your conscience if you must, but pick the best challenger.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: WOTR on May 11, 2017, 12:33:42 AM
I go with two.  One to learn the ropes, one to effect change (this way you don't have people coming in thinking they have one term to make a difference and rush headlong into stupid decisions...)

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 11, 2017, 12:34:33 AM
i

You can help with term limits. We all can. Don't vote for the incumbent in the primary. Vote your. Party to stay with your conscience if you must, but pick the best challenger.

Sounds good. Two terms it is.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 11, 2017, 12:34:33 AM
i

Yep. Though there is the issue of people and "what's good for me" and "power corrupts." Not that I'd advocate, lest targeted, I can see ideas like a tax revolt by people and small businesses. Triage: stop the bleeding. Or, as some might say, bleed the beast, etc but that would hurt more people.  This "Convention of States" I hesitate to support (but looking into) but initial thoughts are that things like 1st, 2nd, 5th, etc would be whittled down for "sake of the children" etc crap. But would be good to get rid of the 12th and 17th. (Some others also but those are the big ones.)

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on May 11, 2017, 12:49:30 AM
Yep. Though there is the issue of people and "what's good for me" and "power corrupts." Not that I'd advocate, lest targeted, I can see ideas like a tax revolt by people and small businesses. Triage: stop the bleeding. Or, as some might say, bleed the beast, etc but that would hurt more people.  This "Convention of States" I hesitate to support (but looking into) but initial thoughts are that things like 1st, 2nd, 5th, etc would be whittled down for "sake of the children" etc crap. But would be good to get rid of the 12th and 17th. (Some others also but those are the big ones.)

Convention of states concerns me, but we need to do something to shore up the 10th.

No one can make an argument that keeping people like Pelosi, McCain, Waters and Graham for yet another term is good for the country. There are a lot that I could have mentioned, I just picked two from each party.

I would be good with 2 terms for the senate and 4-5 for the house, but limit it by years as well so they cannot serve an extra term by appointment on the front end.

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 11, 2017, 01:00:19 AM
Convention of states concerns me, but we need to do something to shore up the 10th.

No one can make an argument that keeping people like Pelosi, McCain, Waters and Graham for yet another term is good for the country. There are a lot that I could have mentioned, I just picked two from each party.

I would be good with 2 terms for the senate and 4-5 for the house, but limit it by years as well so they cannot serve an extra term by appointment on the front end.

I couldn't have picked better.   Those 4 are on the short list that need to be gone.  I might add McConnell, Ryan, Feinstein and John Conyers.

Juan

Term limits were enacted in Florida 25-years ago.  The career politicians stayed- they just swapped jobs - city council to school board to state legislature, etc.  Of course, federal politicians couldn't be covered.

Up All Night

I've seen this movie before.... the Leftist MSM all predicting imminent demise of the politician Trump. And Trump continuing on with his death-defying routine.  :D

Meister_000

Quote from: Up All Night on May 11, 2017, 04:27:44 AM
I've seen this movie before.... the Leftist MSM all predicting imminent demise of the politician Trump. And Trump continuing on with his death-defying routine.  :D

that would be;
. . . and Trump pressing-on with his reckless assault on American Democratic Order.

smccomas69

Who's next to go?

Who will be the next to leave the White House/Trump administration? And for bonus points, by what means: fired, quit, or death?

Spicer's a reservist? I did not know that props to the guy for service. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: smccomas69 on May 11, 2017, 05:44:50 AM
Spicer's a reservist? I did not know that props to the guy for service.

Public Affairs Officer. Now assigned to the JCS.

Quote from: Up All Night on May 11, 2017, 04:27:44 AM

Meanwhile, he's beginning to look like a failed president to more and more people every day.  In DC perception becomes reality - running against both parties, he never had a base of support in Congress, and looking rudderless or worse no one is going to stick their neck out for him to help push his agenda through.

It's probably already too late to avoid ending end like the Schwarzenegger governorship, but he needs to fire the rest of the Obama hold-overs, get rid of the leakers, send Ivanka and her husband home, stop tweeting, stop following media, stay in DC, and send bills to Congress he wants passed.  Either resign or counterattack the McCartyites trying to frame him - shrewdly, not blindly. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 11, 2017, 06:56:25 AM
What are your concerns?

That it will be a big song and dance, nothing will get agreed to/accomplished and there will never be the national will to attempt it again - basically ceding all of the power to the federal government. Look how long it has taken to get the states to call for one.

GravitySucks

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 11, 2017, 07:07:06 AM
Meanwhile, he's beginning to look like a failed president to more and more people every day.  In DC perception becomes reality - running against both parties, he never had a base of support in Congress, and looking rudderless or worse no one is going to stick their neck out for him to help push his agenda through.

It's probably already too late to avoid ending end like the Schwarzenegger governorship, but he needs to fire the rest of the Obama hold-overs, get rid of the leakers, send Ivanka and her husband home, stop tweeting, stop following media, stay in DC, and send bills to Congress he wants passed.  Either resign or counterattack the McCartyites trying to frame him - shrewdly, not blindly.

He should have shut the government down instead of being forced into a compromising funding bill. Made it clear he would not sign a bill that didn't cut the agency budgets substantially (leading to 30% in the next budget) and funding to start the wall. If he was going to have to fight Congress, better now than later.

Meister_000

New York Times ~ May 10, 2017
Inside the F.B.I. : Stunned Agents Wonder About Future of Russia Inquiry

These are not happy times at the F.B.I.
"Agents said they were stunned that Mr. Trump would fire Mr. Comey in the midst of an F.B.I. investigation into whether any of the president’s associates had conspired with Russia to swing the election in favor of Mr. Trump. Some said in interviews that news of the firing felt like a gut punch. Others wondered whether they would be able to continue the inquiry.

One senior F.B.I. official said that the president had severely damaged his standing among agents, many of whom are conservative and supported Mr. Trump as a candidate. Agents were angered by the way Mr. Trump fired Mr. Comey, who learned of his dismissal from television reports while he was in Los Angeles. They called it disrespectful.

And agents flatly rejected the assertion Wednesday by a White House spokeswoman, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, during a briefing with reporters that the F.B.I.’s rank-and-file supported the sudden firing of Mr. Comey.

A strained relationship with the F.B.I. can make life difficult for a president. The White House relies on the bureau for regular security updates and for unvarnished information during crises.

The Justice Department was rushing to put in place an interim director, with Attorney General Jeff Sessions and the deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, expected to interview at least four candidates on Wednesday, a department official said. All are well-regarded within the F.B.I. and are seen as unlikely to allow politics to influence the Russian investigation â€" and as loyal to Mr. Comey. . . ."

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/politics/inside-the-fbi-stunned-agents-wonder-about-future-of-russia-inquiry.html

ItsOver

Ha!  The New York Slime.  News you can use.  If you're setting on the toilet and need some TP. 

Welcome to Day 3 of "Muh Comey!"  ;D  Has Beyonce done a song for him yet?

smccomas69

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 11, 2017, 07:07:06 AM

Do not be disheartened, going into this I knew it was not going to be as easy as it was being portrayed.
"The U.S. government had a $182 billion budget surplus" a small win is still a win.

"Authorities saw a 40 percent decline in apprehensions of illegal immigrants from January to February, a time period that historically holds a 10 to 20 percent "  Even with out the wall we are beginning to make progress in halting the invasion.

Despite the efforts of the main stream media:  OMAHA, Nebraska (AP) - Democrats again fell just short in a closely-watched election as Heath Mello lost the Omaha mayoral race on Tuesday after a fierce debate within the national party over his anti-abortion views

Comey is out so I expect to see some incitements and prosecutions coming up. Then you have this little story.  "While secretary of state, Hillary Clinton made a personal call to pressure Bangladesh’s prime minister to aid a donor to her husband’s charitable foundation despite federal ethics laws that require government officials to recuse themselves from matters that could impact their spouse’s business."

http://circa.com/politics/clinton-pressured-bangladesh-prime-minister-personally-to-help-foundation-donor

Ya dont say

Meister_000

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 11, 2017, 07:34:13 AM
Let's have dueling fake news about what the FBI thinks about Comey

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/09/former-fbi-agents-praise-comey-firing-video/

But I honestly can't take you seriously if you link to "The Daily Caller" Gravity (seriously). You'll have to up the quality a notch or two.

GravitySucks

Quote from: smccomas69 on May 11, 2017, 07:47:24 AM
Do not be disheartened, going into this I knew it was not going to be as easy as it was being portrayed.
"The U.S. government had a $182 billion budget surplus" a small win is still a win.

"Authorities saw a 40 percent decline in apprehensions of illegal immigrants from January to February, a time period that historically holds a 10 to 20 percent "  Even with out the wall we are beginning to make progress in halting the invasion.

Despite the efforts of the main stream media:  OMAHA, Nebraska (AP) - Democrats again fell just short in a closely-watched election as Heath Mello lost the Omaha mayoral race on Tuesday after a fierce debate within the national party over his anti-abortion views

Comey is out so I expect to see some incitements and prosecutions coming up. Then you have this little story.  "While secretary of state, Hillary Clinton made a personal call to pressure Bangladesh’s prime minister to aid a donor to her husband’s charitable foundation despite federal ethics laws that require government officials to recuse themselves from matters that could impact their spouse’s business."

http://circa.com/politics/clinton-pressured-bangladesh-prime-minister-personally-to-help-foundation-donor

Ya dont say

It would be ironic after taking a couple of hundred million from the Russians, 28 million from Morocco, a hundred million here and there from the Saudis, that she would be taken down over lunch money from some geriatric guy from Bangladesh.