• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on March 28, 2017, 02:48:13 PM
IT’S OVER! TRUMP JUST TWEETED A MESSAGE THAT WILL SCARE HILLARY CLINTON TO DEATH!  3.28.17.

Why? Because he's trying yet again to take attention from himself when its negative? Yeah; Another episode of Trump typing someone to death!  ;D

3OctaveFart

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 28, 2017, 01:25:18 PM
All the votes in my state went to Hilary
Yeah, all those votes in Poway and San Clemente went to Clinton.

albrecht

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 28, 2017, 01:40:19 PM

Donald J. Trump: Pixie dust and hope? Ha! Stick with me and everyone will make a lotta chedah. Bigly. We're talkin' a cheese wheel in every pot. Yuge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECOmBh4RXvc
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/mar/12/gloucestershire-cheese-rolling-cancelled

Lt.Uhura

[attachment id=1 msg=1029492]

albrecht

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 28, 2017, 04:37:37 PM
Oh no! The cancelled it? Those fools. I was hoping it would be an Olympic event.
I think it is back on. That was an old article when "safety" of the event was questioned and was cancelled. Government entities, lawyers, and insurance companies always trying to limit fun. Britain has a lot of weird local events and festivals.

RoseGirl

Quote from: albrecht on March 28, 2017, 04:40:45 PM
I think it is back on. That was an old article when "safety" of the event was questioned and was cancelled. Government entities, lawyers, and insurance companies always trying to limit fun. Britain has a lot of weird local events and festivals.

That's okay. Canada has the most ridiculous public art displays imaginable. I'd post pictures but the stupidity of it may become frighteningly overwhelming.

Quote from: albrecht on March 28, 2017, 04:40:45 PM

Meister_000

Quote from: Spy on March 28, 2017, 12:51:25 PM
The Cato Institute was founded in 1974 as the Charles Koch Foundation. The Koch brothers are climate deniers who have enormous holdings in the fossil fuel and pipeline industries.  Whatsupwiththat.com is a blog started in 2006 by Anthony Watts, a former TV station meteorologist.  The scientific consensus  is that climate change is real and is caused by human activity.  So it all depends on who you want to believe.  People who have their fortune invested in fossil fuels and a former TV weatherman or the vast majority of real climate scientists all over the world, including NOAA and NASA.

The coal industry is dying a natural death and no one is going to bring it back. Power utilities have been replacing coal by cheap natural gas, even wind and solar. There's nothing Trump or anyone else can do to bring it back.

Thank you Sir!

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 28, 2017, 05:10:09 PM

I'm sad to admit that I wasted a few hours of my life seeing the Nick Cage remake. It was awful. All copies of that movie should be put in a giant wicker man and burnt.

btw, I found this ad interesting. In my WSJ this morning (I assume in the paper nationwide.)

Quote from: albrecht on March 28, 2017, 05:31:17 PM
I'm sad to admit that I wasted a few hours of my life seeing the Nick Cage remake. It was awful. All copies of that movie should be put in a giant wicker man and burnt.

btw, I found this ad interesting. In my WSJ this morning (I assume in the paper nationwide.)

I've had the pleasure of completely ignoring the Nick Cage remake though I have been tempted to give it a watch at various times.  However, I did catch Robin Hardy's sort-of sequel called The Wicker Tree from just a few years ago. Hardy should not have bothered.  The action takes place in another part of Britain than the original which took place off of Scotland.  It concerns a young born-again Texas couple who go to Britain to convert souls.  I don't think I've ever seen the actors playing the couple in anything else. They just didn't have the acting muscle of Woodward and I could care less what happened to them. Let's put it this way.  Edward Woodward is sorely missed and even a brief cameo by Lee can't save it.  It is a damn shame because the story had potential and there were bits here and there that echoed the feelings I got watching the Wicker Man.  The bright spot is Graham McTavish who plays Sir Lachlan Morrison, the role originally slated for Lee before he unfortunately injured himself in 2011.  He is wonderful in his role. Hardy definitely could have used  Anthony Schaffer's help with the screenplay but he had unfortunately passed away in 2001.

It is worth a viewing but be prepared to be disappointed.

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 28, 2017, 04:37:37 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/mar/12/gloucestershire-cheese-rolling-cancelled 

Oh no! The cancelled it? Those fools. I was hoping it would be an Olympic event.

Oh well.  There's always running with the bulls in Pamplona or driving through sanctuary cities.

Quote from: Meatie Pie on March 28, 2017, 02:54:00 PM
Yeah, all those votes in Poway and San Clemente went to Clinton.

My vote was cast against the worst candidate, and not ''for'' anyone.  Apparently you voted for the worst candidate.  Congratulations on your sanctimoniousness.

In the Republican primaries, Trump won only 45%.  Until it was clear he was going to win the most delegates, his percentages in the various state primaries were running mostly in the 20s and 30s.  It was only towards the end, when it was clear he was going to win, most of his opponents dropped out, and their supporters stayed home, that he padded his overall percentage (see Trump percentages for the May and June primaries below*).

Hilary won 55% of the Democrat primary votes cast, with most of the rest (43%) going to the Bernie Sanders - who up until the past election cycle ran as an Independent because the Democrat Party wasn't Marxist enough for him.

So, you know, Trump's votes in the general election were mostly anti-Hilary votes, while the Democrat voters were split between the vile corrupt politician they liked, and the old fashioned Stalinist they also liked.

*Trump's primary percentages padded by results of last several states skewed his overall results:

May 3 - Indiana 53%
May 10 - Nebraska 61%
May 10 - W Virginia 77%
May 17 - Oregon 64%
May 24 - Washington 75%
June 7 - California 75%
June 7 - Montana 74%
June 7 - New Jersey 80%
June 7 - New Mexico 71%
June 7 - So Dakota 67%

3OctaveFart

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 28, 2017, 06:46:30 PM
My vote was cast against the worst candidate, and not ''for'' anyone.  Apparently you voted for the worst candidate.  Congratulations on your sanctimoniousness.

In the Republican primaries, Trump won only 45%.  Until it was clear he was going to win the most delegates, his percentages in the various state primaries were running mostly in the 20s and 30s.  It was only towards the end, when it was clear he was going to win, most of his opponents dropped out, and their supporters stayed home, that he padded his overall percentage (see Trump percentages for the May and June primaries below*).

Hilary won 55% of the Democrat primary votes cast, with most of the rest (43%) going to the Bernie Sanders - who up until the past election cycle ran as an Independent because the Democrat Party wasn't Marxist enough for him.

So, you know, Trump's votes in the general election were mostly anti-Hilary votes, while the Democrat voters were split between the vile corrupt politician they liked, and the old fashioned Stalinist they also liked.
I abstained from the vote because I wasn't going to get behind a pile of garbage either way.

You lined up with Senda and Scott Baio. Congratulations. You must feel vindicated.

You will never convince the stupid in the rust belt they chose poorly, but some of them have just enough neurons to rub together to begin to wonder when their factory jobs are going to return. (Hint: Never.)

You do realize your president was once a Clinton Democrat. You do understand that, yes? I mean, you have retards on this thread who admitted they voted for Al Gore. Some of you don't even know what the fuck you are.

albrecht

"and the DNC has requested resignation letters from all current staffers."
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/embattled-dnc-asks-all-staffers-resignation-letters-n739676
What would happen if the workers refused to write their resignation letters?  Can a business force you to write such a letter, if you refused to do so? Or if you write a good one you might get a future job at some government bureaucracy or DNC job later? Is the forced letter writing some way around having to pay unemployment, contract, or some kind of labor issue? Why not just fire them? They obviously did a crappy job consider the election losses and were often corrupt (pulling dirty tricks against Bernie) so just can them, why the letters?

WOTR

Quote from: TigerLily on March 27, 2017, 11:35:18 AM
I thought you were the "No Regulations" guys. Your people are already back to polluting waterways with coal mining waste.  On the agenda is killing the EPA. Consumers need to drink clean water and breathe clean air too

You bleeding heart liberals- always wanting clean water and air to breathe that will not poison you. ::)

Besides, Coke is capable of bottling all of the filtered water that you care to consume- and there will be a company along shortly to sell "bottled air" to you. 

***Come and buy your clean, bottled Banff air!  Free market, baby!

Yorkshire pud

The Trump circus was asked a while ago if there was any truth in the story that the Trump team had asked the Pentagon for photos of military hardware that could be used in a parade on Trump's inauguration. They denied it, so the reporter went for a FoIA request to the military. Guess what? The WH had lied, there had been such a request to the Pentagon after all.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/emails-trump-military-vehicles-inaugural-parade_us_58d094d1e4b00705db5223ed

The month after Donald Trump won the presidential election, his staff asked the Pentagon to send photographs of military tactical vehicles that he could include in his inaugural parade, emails obtained by The Huffington Post show.

The Presidential Inaugural Committee “is seriously considering adding military vehicles to the Inaugural Parade,” a Pentagon official wrote in an internal email dated Dec. 13, 2016. “The conversation started as ‘Can you send us some pictures of military vehicles we could add to the parade,’” the official wrote.

The emails, which were released in response to a Freedom of Information Act request, corroborate HuffPost’s January report that Trump, who has spoken favorably of public displays of military prowess, looked into deploying heavy military equipment in his inaugural parade. Asked in December about plans to use military equipment during the occasion, a Trump aide refused to address the matter on the record but offered a vehement off-the-record denial. It’s not clear whether the aide was aware of the conversations referenced in the Pentagon emails, and he did not respond to a request for an explanation.

Quote from: Meatie Pie on March 28, 2017, 07:02:39 PM
... You do realize your president was once a Clinton Democrat. You do understand that, yes?...

Do you realize Hilary IS a Clinton?

I abstained from the vote because I wasn't going to get behind a pile of garbage either way.

You lined up with Senda and Scott Baio....

And Art Bell.  Don't forget that troll.

I voted because there were some propositions and bonds to vote against.  I knew the electoral votes in my state were all going for Clinton.  Since I was already filling out my ballot, I voted for Trump anyway.  You think I don't know he's a pile of garbage?

RoseGirl

Quote from: WOTR on March 28, 2017, 07:08:57 PM
You bleeding heart liberals- always wanting clean water and air to breathe that will not poison you. ::)

Besides, Coke is capable of bottling all of the filtered water that you care to consume- and there will be a company along shortly to sell "bottled air" to you. 

***Come and buy your clean, bottled Banff air!  Free market, baby!

Um....you do realise that Trump once tried to start a bottled water company in Canada in the hopes of competing with Coke and Pepsi. Kinda explains his desire to deregulate the laws accessing use of the Great Lakes. Yep, like you said...there will be a company along shortly to sell you water too. Lakes will be gone, but you'll have a nice bottle of Trump water.

http://www.trump.com/merchandise/trump-natural-spring-water/

3OctaveFart

And Wade, who would vote for Jiminy Cricket if Art told her to do so.

And so many other know-nothings.

The congresscritters are already getting nervous about 2018. The turkey from my hometown actually physically ran away from his angry constituents earlier this month.

So, you know, enjoy this shit show while you can.

albrecht

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 28, 2017, 08:18:58 PM
Um....you do realise that Trump once tried to start a bottled water company in Canada in the hopes of competing with Coke and Pepsi. Kinda explains his desire to deregulate the laws accessing use of the Great Lakes. Yep, like you said...there will be a company along shortly to sell you water too. Lakes will be gone, but you'll have a nice bottle of Trump water.

http://www.trump.com/merchandise/trump-natural-spring-water/
Smart guy. Water is big business. But I think more on the upstream though obvious certain waters sell a lot downstream. But water rights and access is the big money soon, maybe. At least in certain places. Nestle has probably already bought up the Great Lakes. Ha. I also recall a theory that Picken's "wind farm" stuff was really a way to get access to the water rights and that vast aquifer.

One wonders how people survived in the past. Now we have air-conditioned or heated, depending on weather, everything and get to drive everywhere (or fly, train, etc) but we are drinking more water than ever before. And BUYING it in an over-priced retail market when, depending if your city is Democrat run or not, we have access to good clean water from the tap or well. From the behavior you see in soccer-moms, businessmen, students, etc one would think we have trekked through the Sahara. Everyone needs to have a bottle of water, and be constantly swilling from it, in every situation. How did we become so parched considering our, by standards of human society's history, sedentary lifestyle?

Kidnostad3

You lined up with Senda and Scott Baio. Congratulations. You must feel vindicated.

You will never convince the stupid in the rust belt they chose poorly, but some of them have just enough neurons to rub together to begin to wonder when their factory jobs are going to return. (Hint: Never.)

You do realize your president was once a Clinton Democrat. You do understand that, yes? I mean, you have retards on this thread who admitted they voted for Al Gore. Some of you don't even know what the fuck you are.

So those who worked factory jobs in the Midwest and didn't vote for Hilliary or for any of the third party candidates who combined recieved a whopping .04% of the popular vote are stupid?  Do you think there is something about their geographical location that causes their stupidity or maybe it's due to a massive amount of inbreeding that heretofore has gone unnoticed?  Clearly any intelligent person would have done what you did and not make a choice at all so, like you, he could cop a pissy superior attitude and bad mouth others for choosing to vote for one of the two viable candidates

What you fail to understand is that Trump's election, for better or for worse, is part of the rejection of establishment politics that is currently taking place in a number of countries where some form of elective government exists.  Your wholesale branding of those who chose to vote for Trump as stupid is an indication of your own lack of mental acuity.  Furthermore, your affectation of being above it all and possessing superior insight makes me wonder if you could possibly be that much of an asshole or if there is a substance involved that induces the state of delusional grandiosity that you exhibit.  I'm asking for some friends in the Rust Belt. 

Quote from: Spy on March 28, 2017, 12:51:25 PM
... it all depends on who you want to believe...

Correct.  I'll go with the people who usually turn out to have been right about things, and ignore those who usually turn out to have been wrong or flat out lying.

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 28, 2017, 09:03:58 PM
So those who worked factory jobs in the Midwest and didn't vote for Hilliary or for any of the third party candidates who combined recieved a whopping .04% of the popular vote are stupid?  Do you think there is something about their geographical location that causes their stupidity or maybe it's due to a massive amount of inbreeding that heretofore has gone unnoticed?  Clearly any intelligent person would have done what you did and not make a choice at all so, like you, he could cop a pissy superior attitude and bad mouth others for choosing to vote for one of the two viable candidates

What you fail to understand is that Trump's election, for better or for worse, is part of the rejection of establishment politics that is currently taking place in a number of countries where some form of elective government exists.  Your wholesale branding of those who chose to vote for Trump as stupid is an indication of your own lack of mental acuity.  Furthermore, your affectation of being above it all and possessing superior insight makes me wonder if you could possibly be that much of an asshole or if there is a substance involved that induces the state of delusional grandiosity that you exhibit.  I'm asking for some friends in the Rust Belt.

That guy acts like a dick whenever he deigns to show up.  I don't think much of people who don't bother to vote at all.  He could have voted 3rd party if he didn't like the main candidates.  It is a privilege that all too few people have in other countries around the world.  We should cherish what we have.

mikuthing01

Obamas defense deputy accidentally admits Obama white house spied on Trump live on TV.

Why do Liberals always have bugged out crazy eyes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gapRNpEjXUo

3OctaveFart

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 28, 2017, 10:10:13 PM
That guy acts like a dick whenever he deigns to show up.  I don't think much of people who don't bother to vote at all.  He could have voted 3rd party if he didn't like the main candidates.  It is a privilege that all too few people have in other countries around the world.  We should cherish what we have.
I don't think much of your hot takes either, so that ought to make us both content.

PB's at least entertaining about it. I can see the libertarian in him screaming to get out from this binary system into which we're being thrust. Most of the rest of you swing from Trump's gonads.

albrecht

Quote from: 소정 와이프 야🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on March 28, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Why do Liberals always have bugged out crazy eyes?

Thyroid issues maybe? Or too much looking at smartphones and Billary losing and not believing it?