• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on March 14, 2017, 08:54:00 PM
Wait a second. He was a Rhodes Scholar? Why would he accept a Rhodes scholarship. In the Left's mind Cecil Rhodes is the epitome of what is wrong with the world:
White? Check
Rich? Check
Colonialism? Check
Racist? Check
Imperialism? Check
Weren't one or both of the Clintonista's Rhodes scholars?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 15, 2017, 12:13:54 AM
Oh come on. They just haven't spun it properly yet.

Oooh! That's their favorite! They just didn't get the messaging right.  :D ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Pulling my Pud in Yorkshire on March 15, 2017, 12:14:38 AM
Weren't one or both of the Clintonista's Rhodes scholars?

Bubba. Hillary went to Yale.  ::)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 15, 2017, 12:13:54 AM
Oh come on. They just haven't spun it properly yet.

Tomorrow they will say Trump made too much money in 2005 and didn't pay enough taxes, but as Hillary told us during the election at the same time made no money at all. Liberals are Richard Hoagland bullshit artists at this point. They don't have a coherent ideology to move into the future, but also don't have a way to back up their past. And they seem to be being played, I wouldn't doubt that Trump withheld his recent tax returns just to release them at some future point to troll these morons.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 15, 2017, 12:22:49 AM
Tomorrow they will say Trump made too much money in 2005 and didn't pay enough taxes, but as Hillary told us during the election at the same time made no money at all. Liberals are Richard Hoagland bullshit artists at this point. They don't have a coherent ideology to move into the future, but also don't have a way to back up their past. And they seem to be being played, I wouldn't doubt that Trump withheld his recent tax returns just to release them at some future point to troll these morons.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 14, 2017, 11:10:38 PM
What happened to your reading comprehension?

I said the people passing these laws ought to also fund the expenses instead of shoving them off onto the hospitals.  Difficult concept to understand, I know.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 14, 2017, 08:46:01 PM
Correct.  The government is not there to take care of us, to redistribute our earnings, or any of the rest of it.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 14, 2017, 08:46:49 PM

If the political hacks want these people covered for ER visits, they ought to set up a fund that the hospital then bills, instead of being forced to absorb the cost themselves.  And let the state go after these people for reimbursement. 

First of all, you can't get blood out of a turnip.

Next, it's hard for anyone to comprehend when you contradict yourself. On one hand, you don't want government involved in healthcare, but then you want them to "set up a fund"...for ER/hospitals only.

Anyhoo, the best way to keep people out of the hospital is to offer every American a health plan allowing them regular visits to a primary care provider, preventive care, and case management (for those unable to advocate for themselves). If the Ryan/GOP healthcare proposal is going to make health insurance plans cost-prohibitive for the poor, low wage, and elderly--which it looks to do, government sponsored subsidies will be necessary.

Now as a taxpayer, I'd rather see my money go toward less expensive out-patient care, rather than paying more when people arrive at the hospital sick, requiring lengthy hospital stays. It's simple mathematics really: Provide affordable sliding scale/government-subsidized plans for all to foster good health, or wait till they get sick, creating additional strains on our already struggling healthcare infrastructure.

Ryan knows full-well his plan will leave people to suffer. And he doesn't care. He can't, or refuses to acknowledge the moral and financial costs associated with pulling the rug out from under Americans. His hubris will ultimately cost him his job and his own government-subsidized healthcare plan. SAD!

Lt.Uhura

EPI Economic Policy Institute -- 1.2.mil JOBS LOSS on top of healthcare proper issues
Repealing the Affordable Care Act would cost JOBS. (1.2.MIL) in every state | EPI Economic Policy Institute

http://www.epi.org/publication/repealing-the-affordable-care-act-would-cost-jobs-in-every-state/

How would repealing the Affordable Care Act affect health care and jobs in your state? | Economic Policy Institute

http://www.epi.org/aca-obamacare-repeal-impact/?mc_cid=c07d4f2ece&mc_eid=ec11ab2ef8

Lt.Uhura

[attachment id=1 msg=1024082]

Meister_000

Alexander Hamilton to George Washington
Objections and Answers respecting
the Administration of the Government
August 18 1792

Objection 14:

. . . "The truth unquestionably is, that the only path to a subversion of the republican system of the Country is, by flattering the prejudices of the people, and exciting their jealousies and apprehensions, to throw affairs into confusion, and bring on civil commotion . . .
When a man unprincipled in private life, desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper, possessed of considerable talents, . . . â€"despotic in his ordinary demeanourâ€"known to have scoffed in private at the principles of libertyâ€"when such a man is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularityâ€"to join in the cry of danger to libertyâ€"to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government & bringing it under suspicionâ€"to flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the dayâ€"It may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may “ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.”

https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Hamilton/01-12-02-0184-0002

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 15, 2017, 01:26:32 AM
August 18 1792

Objection 14:

. . . "The truth unquestionably is, that the only path to a subversion of the republican system of the Country is, by flattering the prejudices of the people, and exciting their jealousies and apprehensions, to throw affairs into confusion, and bring on civil commotion . . .
When a man unprincipled in private life, desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper, possessed of considerable talents, . . . â€"despotic in his ordinary demeanourâ€"known to have scoffed in private at the principles of libertyâ€"when such a man is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularityâ€"to join in the cry of danger to libertyâ€"to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government & bringing it under suspicionâ€"to flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the dayâ€"It may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may “ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.”

Hamilton got what he deserved.  ;)

Lt.Uhura

[attachment id=1 msg=1024089]

Meanwhile, Brietbart engaged in embarrassing smear campaign on Ryan.

Hmm...White House infighting gonna put the skids on MAGA.

Meister_000

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 15, 2017, 01:28:23 AM
Hamilton got what he deserved.  ;)

Being remembered for ones contributions to the public good is probably all that can be hoped for. ;)

FEDERALIST #15 (Hamilton)
"Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of men will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice, without constraint."

Meister_000

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 15, 2017, 12:38:29 AM
. . . Ryan knows full-well his plan will leave people to suffer. And he doesn't care. He can't, or refuses to acknowledge the moral and financial costs associated with pulling the rug out from under Americans. His hubris will ultimately cost him his job and his own government-subsidized healthcare plan. SAD!

Never fear . . .

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 15, 2017, 02:06:01 AM
Being remembered for ones contributions to the public good is probably all that can be hoped for. ;)

FEDERALIST #15 (Hamilton)
"Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of men will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice, without constraint."

They should've sent him packing back England but I guess he wanted to die in agony from being shot in the stomach.  ;)

Meister_000

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 15, 2017, 02:49:49 AM
They should've sent him packing back England but I guess he wanted to die in agony from being shot in the stomach.  ;)

You, sir, are an ingrate. His deep pessimism regarding human nature has proven too generous, yet again!  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 15, 2017, 04:50:43 AM
You, sir, are an ingrate. His deep pessimism regarding human nature has proven too generous, yet again!  ;)

Meh...more of a seditious traitor really, like you and your lot are trying to be (operative word trying). I get why you idolize him.

Meister_000

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 15, 2017, 05:23:33 AM
Meh...more of a seditious traitor really, like you and your lot are trying to be (operative word trying). I get why you idolize him.

Your ignorance (on these matters) is showing â€" on almost too many levels to count! (my friend).

First of all, you can't get blood out of a turnip.

Next, it's hard for anyone to comprehend when you contradict yourself. On one hand, you don't want government involved in healthcare, but then you want them to "set up a fund"...for ER/hospitals only...

Well, sorry my posts don't fit into your pre-canned response about how we don't leave people to die in the streets.

The government is not there to take care of us.  This is about moving our country to a government run national healthcare system for everyone (except the elites of course).

We are still going to take care of the poor.  My point about emergency rooms is that it is immoral and destructive for lawmakers to force ERs to accept everyone, but not then cover those costs.  Is that really a controversial idea?

Anyway, not contradictory comments.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 15, 2017, 01:29:07 AM
... Meanwhile, Brietbart engaged in embarrassing smear campaign on Ryan.

Hmm...White House infighting gonna put the skids on MAGA.

Do people really not get that the Republican party does not walk in lockstep the way the Ds do?  That Trump not only defeated the Democrats, but also the DC Republican elite - and they hate him for it?

They aren't 'on his side' because he ran with an 'R' after his name - they are going to try to sabotage him for his entire term, unless he can find a way to cram it down their throats and get them onboard with his program, the way Reagan did.

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 15, 2017, 01:26:32 AM
August 18 1792

Objection 14:

You sort of abandoned describing the Left in your posts, thinking you were describing the other side.  Good to have you back doing what you do best.

... Anyhoo, the best way to keep people out of the hospital is to offer every American a health plan allowing them regular visits to a primary care provider, preventive care, and case management (for those unable to advocate for themselves). If the Ryan/GOP healthcare proposal is going to make health insurance plans cost-prohibitive for the poor, low wage, and elderly--which it looks to do, government sponsored subsidies will be necessary...

Yes, the best way to keep people healthy is with regular checkups.  And people shouldn't overeat, watch too much TV, should exercise more, and get proper amounts of sleep.  They should put their screens down and interact with others more, be nicer to people, and all the rest.  But we can't farce anyone to do any of these things.

Wanting more people to get regular checkups is not a reason to force a government run national healthcare system on us.  I realize you favor that, but you are not considering the basic economics of the plusses and minuses of government run vs the private sector in general, and are not considering what happens to our healthcare system going forward if we were to create a Euro-style national healthcare system. 

Meister_000

Aside: single, double, and tripple em dashes  for you kids :)

â€" ⸺ ⸻   don't know the latter one's codes so copy/paste.

Route 66

If you don' have good health care you are screwed or waiting to be. Due to a "pre-existing condition my wife had none, and was diagnosed with stage 4 Uterine Cancer. In short, we were paying a fortune out of pocket, til the ACA came along and saved her life.  Every time I look at her with her, healthy, with her long hair grown back, I think "you bastards, why can't you work together to find a compromise that might work. I'll pay more than my share. But no...without good health care you are screwed, or waiting to be...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 14, 2017, 09:05:03 PM
Build a wall on our southern border, deport everyone they can find who is here illegally and taking taxpayer money, and make the case to vote out the people who've destroyed our cities over the past sixty years with their ''Progressive'' policies - the rest of the country gets it, now take the case to these desperate impoverished crime ridden pockets. 

If all Americans were out from under the ''Progressive'' thumb, had access to decent educations and opportunity, most of the problems we have simply dissolve.

I love how you think how complex and unmentioned issues have such simple solutions.

How are you though on Trump's policies making multi millionaires even richer and poorer people a lot poorer. Strangely the same people who voted him in will be poorer. Shades of when Thatcher promised the world to those who would vote for her in 79. And they too ended up poorer, apart from of course the multi millionaires.

Naturally, Trump will be coy about how he manages to keep his head above water. You know don't you he's in hock to Chinese banks and sold one of his houses to a Russian oligarch (AKA Russian state approved criminal) for 60million more than he paid for it when the market was rock bottom, and the property was then demolished. This Russian just happens to be the major shareholder in Cyprus Bank, who just so happen to have the commerce sec as VP. Coincidentally the chairman was the ex chairman of Deutche bank, from where he was fired for overseeing money laundering of Russian oligarch assets.

TigerLily

What's all this tempest in a teacup concerning two pages of a 2005 tax return?