• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 24, 2017, 11:13:22 PM
Did you not see the tongue hanging out of my emoticon on the post?  That was your clue that I was only joking.  And no, I was impersonating MD.  He likes to throw that term faggot around a lot.

#lovetrumpshate is also another clue that the bit was merely satire.  What kind of idiot would post a hateful comment then follow it up with #lovetrumpshate?

Oy vey!

To be honest, I experience a number of conflicting emotions when I see a tongue hanging out of an emoticon posted by a self-loathing cinephile. And I don't know how many kinds of idiots there are, but I know there's no point in trying to understand anything they do from a rational perspective.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 24, 2017, 11:45:12 PM
I was just goofing. You're reviews are actually good, even if the movies are a little obscure sometimes.  ;)

Thanks man.  Yeah, I do like to post about obscure movies that few have heard of particularly if they are compelling in some way.  Hopefully, I engage the curiosity of the reader to give them a look.  Let's face it, very few are going to sit through any old silent movie with the flamboyant acting that was so prevalent during that period.  The silent movies that hold up through time usually have little of that unless they are comedies.  I can spend time talking about how great Bogey is in The Maltese Falcon or Casablanca but we all know that unless you live in a hole without TV.  That goes for many modern films as well.  I like to focus on films that should be rediscovered and I also like to talk about trashy flicks that tickle my fancy.  Y'know the exploitation flicks popular in the 60's and 70's from America and Europe?  Anyway,enough rambling.

I know you don't use the term faggot as a derogatory term against homosexuals.  You make me laugh sometimes when you use it though you can go overboard with it every now and then.  It is all good. ;) ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 24, 2017, 11:26:20 PM
No, you're thinking of the almost unimaginable alternative universe where people settle their differences peacefully and put aside their selfish, parochial self-interests for their mutual benefit. In that one, the scenario you described is actually the worst thing that ever happens, and most people never even notice.  :D
I hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I still think my boisterous rendering of Johnny Horton songs when a set (his birthday or something?) came on my radio while stuck in traffic on IH-35 one time- with windows open- and some "looks" by my neighbors in traffic- might have saved some lives. No road rage. No accidents. No shootings. No drinking and driving. By anyone. Traffic stress for all solved by singing great tunes (which also, by the way, help one remember US history!) Wailing "North to Alaska" in the Texas heat is something I can only compare to whatever those new-age whackjobs on C2C as some cleansing or "letting go" into the Akarasic Record.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 24, 2017, 11:57:09 PM
To be honest, I experience a number of conflicting emotions when I see a tongue hanging out of an emoticon posted by a self-loathing cinephile. And I don't know how many kinds of idiots there are, but I know there's no point in trying to understand anything they do from a rational perspective.

For future reference, know that this self-loathing? cinephile only uses that emoticon when I am joking.

Quote from: albrecht on February 25, 2017, 12:00:21 AM
I hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I still think my boisterous rendering of Johnny Horton songs when a set (his birthday or something?) came on my radio while stuck in traffic on IH-35 one time- with windows open- and some "looks" by my neighbors in traffic- might have saved some lives. No road rage. No accidents. No shootings. No drinking and driving. By anyone. Traffic stress for all solved by singing great tunes (which also, by the way, help one remember US history!) Wailing "North to Alaska" in the Texas heat is something I can only compare to whatever those new-age whackjobs on C2C as some cleansing or "letting go" into the Akarasic Record.

Johnny Horton is like #2 on my list of favorite country artists.  Only Johnny Cash beats him out.  Very tragic that his life was cut short at such a young age. To think of the music we missed, sigh.

Quote from: albrecht on February 24, 2017, 11:49:28 PM
Add me to liking your reviews and watched/watching or want to watch most of your reviews. (Excepting some of them, though I still find the reviews interesting.)

Cool, I'd like to get your feedback on some of the movies that I review once you see them though this is not obviously the thread for that.  Thanks for the kind words, albrecht. :)

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 25, 2017, 12:01:58 AM
For future reference, know that this self-loathing? cinephile only uses that emoticon when I am joking.

Easy there, Leonard Maltin. I was just egging you on because you seemed so determined to let me know you were joking.  :D

We're good! Cheers!

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 25, 2017, 12:09:54 AM
Easy there, Leonard Maltin. I was just egging you on because you seemed so determined to let me know you were joking.  :D

We're good! Cheers!

Cool then. ;D  Better get back to the hate-fest.  Damn it, Pud is asleep.  Where's Meister?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 24, 2017, 11:58:57 PM
Thanks man.  Yeah, I do like to post about obscure movies that few have heard of particularly if they are compelling in some way.  Hopefully, I engage the curiosity of the reader to give them a look.  Let's face it, very few are going to sit through any old silent movie with the flamboyant acting that was so prevalent during that period.  The silent movies that hold up through time usually have little of that unless they are comedies.  I can spend time talking about how great Bogey is in The Maltese Falcon or Casablanca but we all know that unless you live in a hole without TV.  That goes for many modern films as well.  I like to focus on films that should be rediscovered and I also like to talk about trashy flicks that tickle my fancy.  Y'know the exploitation flicks popular in the 60's and 70's from America and Europe.  Anyway,enough rambling.

I know you don't use the term faggot as a derogatory term against homosexuals.  You make me laugh sometimes when you use it though you can go overboard with it every now and then.  It is all good. ;) ;)

I can get kinda worked up sometimes when the future of the free world is at stake. I feel like half of the country woke up over the last year and realized, Oh, right! It's not good to keep supporting people who are just constantly bullshitting you and leading you on while ignoring everything you want. and the other half of the country is saying, No they didn't! They're not liars! Everything's still OK! You're a Nazi for thinking that! I voted Republican this time but I have to say that Trump's promised to do most of the things I always wanted my whole life as a liberal but figured were impossible because of the level of corruption and subterfuge in this country's political system and intelligence community.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 25, 2017, 12:12:56 AM
I can get kinda worked up sometimes when the future of the free world is at stake. I feel like half of the country woke up over the last year and realized, Oh, right! It's not good to keep supporting people who are just constantly bullshitting you and leading you on while ignoring everything you want. and the other half of the country is saying, No they didn't! They're not liars! Everything's still OK! You're a Nazi for thinking that! I voted Republican this time but I have to say that Trump's promised to do most of the things I always wanted my whole life as a liberal but figured were impossible because of the level of corruption and subterfuge in this country's political system and intelligence community.

Yep, the corruption is rampant in both parties and I hope Trump starts pushing back against those Republicans who are holding up the process for implementing his policies.  John McCain is his number one enemy and I sure as shit can't figure out why the people in Arizona keep on putting him back in office.  McConnell also needs to get with the program and go nuclear regarding the filibuster.  Beat the Democrats at their own game.

Meister_000

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 24, 2017, 11:56:40 PM
Following Obama's precedent.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2013/10/10/cpj-report-on-obama-press/2960607/

http://www.businessinsider.com/white-house-ban-photographers-2013-12

https://knightcenter.utexas.edu/blog/white-house-restricts-boston-newspapers-access-obama-fund-raiser

https://m.townhall.com/columnists/calebparke/2017/01/12/did-mainstream-media-forget-how-obama-treated-fox-news-n2270406

Those are cute headlines n-all Grav but it's too bad you (a) can't read (b) don't understand what a "White House Press Briefing" means (c) can't distinguish between calling BS on one single news org (Fox) and blanketly labeling ALL press as FAKE and "The Enemy of the People" and then BANNING the Top US press from attending White House Press Breifings. 

In short; stop embarrasing yourself and stop wasting my time having to correct your (feeble excuse for) homework (and pretty much every single time).

mikuthing01

Quote from: Meister_000 on February 25, 2017, 12:22:45 AM
Those are cute headlines n-all Grav but it's too bad you (a) can't read (b) don't understand what a "White House Press Breifing" means (c) can't distinguish between calling BS on one single news org (Fox) and blanketly labeling ALL press as FAKE and "The Enemy of the People" and the BANNING the Top US press from attending White House Press Breifings. 

In short; stop embarrasing yourself and stop wasting my time having to correct your (feeble excuse for) homework.

so salty

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 25, 2017, 12:19:57 AM
Yep, the corruption is rampant in both parties and I hope Trump starts pushing back against those Republicans who are holding up the process for implementing his policies.  John McCain is his number one enemy and I sure as shit can't figure out why the people in Arizona keep on putting him back in office.  McConnell also needs to get with the program and go nuclear regarding the filibuster.  Beat the Democrats at their own game.

Yeah, McCain is really pissing me off lately. Now, he went back to Syria to do God knows what? And, apparently, the latest Wikileaks out show emails of him requesting campaign funding from the Russians. So, what up deep state asshole?!  >:(

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 25, 2017, 12:12:05 AM
Cool then. ;D  Better get back to the hate-fest.  Damn it, Pud is asleep.  Where's Meister?
She is back!
ps: I will try to comment on your reviews but usually so thorough and I'm not a good reviewer. Plus, my political rants might get my reply meaning "ignored" so folks don't see your review, or bring politics to that threat or movie review. Speaking of which did you see "Hell and Highwater" I know you usually review good, old movies but I liked this one. One of the few put out recently that I liked.

Quote from: Meister_000 on February 25, 2017, 12:22:45 AM
Those are cute headlines n-all Grav but it's too bad you (a) can't read (b) don't understand what a "White House Press Breifing" means (c) can't distinguish between calling BS on one single news org (Fox) and blanketly labeling ALL press as FAKE and "The Enemy of the People" and the BANNING the Top US press from attending White House Press Breifings. 

In short; stop embarrasing yourself and stop wasting my time having to correct your (feeble excuse for) homework.

Speaking of the devil. First off, you might want to use spell-check before you start bashing another person's reading comprehension.  BRIEFING, comprende? Second, did you even get the gist of what GS was posting?  Obama behaved in the same manner that Trump has but nary a word from those of you on the left about it. Trump did not say all press was fake just certain news organizations and certain narratives that some in the press like to follow and disseminate.  You live in your bubble so you obviously are ignorant of that.

Speaking of feeble, you have little room to complain.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Meister_666 on February 25, 2017, 12:22:45 AM
Those are cute headlines n-all Grav but it's too bad you (a) can't read (b) don't understand what a "White House Press Briefing" means (c) can't distinguish between calling BS on one single news org (Fox) and blanketly labeling ALL press as FAKE and "The Enemy of the People" and then BANNING the Top US press from attending White House Press Breifings. 

In short; stop embarrasing yourself and stop wasting my time having to correct your (feeble excuse for) homework (and pretty much every single time).

Go munch on your panties. Obama held limited press get togethers where only his favorite liberal outlets were allowed throughout his tenure.

This wasn't the daily press briefing as you would try to make people believe.

Quote from: albrecht on February 25, 2017, 12:29:03 AM
She is back!
ps: I will try to comment on your reviews but usually so thorough and I'm not a good reviewer. Plus, my political rants might get my reply meaning "ignored" so folks don't see your review, or bring politics to that threat or movie review. Speaking of which did you see "Hell and Highwater" I know you usually review good, old movies but I liked this one. One of the few put out recently that I liked.

I saw it 6 months ago and enjoyed it immensely.  I'm pulling for that or Hacksaw Ridge to win Best Picture.  Hacksaw Ridge won't win because Hollywood has not totally forgiven Mel Gibson and let's face it, today's Hollywood doesn't reward movies that come from a Christian perspective. The only reason it was nominated was because of the stance the lead character had towards war which I do think was commendable but some might not. Hell or High Water has a chance to win but it is slim, I think. Bridges was great in it and I'm not a huge fan of his. I think La La Land will win Best Picture because everyone in Hollywood seems to love it.  I haven't seen it and it will probably be a while before I do.  It looked silly to me. 

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 25, 2017, 12:40:01 AM
I saw it 6 months ago and enjoyed it immensely.  I'm pulling for that or Hacksaw Ridge to win Best Picture.  Hacksaw Ridge won't win because Hollywood has not totally forgiven Mel Gibson and let's face it, today's Hollywood doesn't reward movies that come from a Christian perspective. The only reason it was nominated was because of the stance the lead character had towards war which I do think was commendable but some might not. Hell or High Water has a chance to win but it is slim, I think. Bridges was great in it and I'm not a huge fan of his. I think La La Land will win Best Picture because everyone in Hollywood seems to love it.  I haven't seen it and it will probably be a while before I do.  It looked silly to me.
Yep. It is all politics in the self-congradulatory "award" shows now. One reason I liked "Hell or High Water" was because the ex-con brother reminded me so much of a friend. Not the bad parts- but his banter, hitting on chicks, willing to fight, and SAME thinning hair and "sayings." So I was laughing even in tense moments. And the setting, etc. was very real when you go out there (the posse-esque stuff was a little stereotype, our gun-play isn't THAT bad, but sorta sometimes in the past.)

Quote from: albrecht on February 25, 2017, 12:51:03 AM
Yep. It is all politics in the self-congradulatory "award" shows now. One reason I liked "Hell or High Water" was because the ex-con brother reminded me so much of a friend. Not the bad parts- but his banter, hitting on chicks, willing to fight, and SAME thinning hair and "sayings." So I was laughing even in tense moments. And the setting, etc. was very real when you go out there (the posse-esque stuff was a little stereotype, our gun-play isn't THAT bad, but sorta sometimes in the past.)

I don't think I've seen a movie since The Last Picture Show that has captured the essence of West Texas as well as Hell or High Water.  Oddly enough, Jeff Bridges was in that as well and he was barely an adult when he made that one.

paladin1991

Quote from: Meister_000 on February 24, 2017, 07:47:32 AM

Oh Shut up, you fucking moron. You *asked me* were the image came from and I was nice enough to tell you, and nicely too. On top of that, I had to hunt down the answer FOR YOU (you fucking cretin) Gravity did not say and did not know/remember where he had gotten the image from.  IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, COMPLAIN TO GRAVITY ABOUT IT AND DROP FUCKING DEAD while you'er at it -- you vile disgusting piece of shit. (For Christ's sake!) You are just unfucking believable. I told you (and everyone else) that you're not capable of masking who and what you really are for very long -- and what has it been? all of two days, maybe? three? You are a violent sick fuck.
TRIGGERED

paladin1991

Quote from: Meister_000 on February 24, 2017, 08:12:55 AM
I'm not clicking that you scum bag.

Tip: that was the point where you could have acknowledged what a dick you'd been and apologized, and also thanked me for getting the answer you requested. How much more proof do we need to see (about who and what you are). You are a violent sick fuck -- (and no matter what lays behind your mystery link.)

Mystery link?  It's you.  All you.

paladin1991

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 24, 2017, 09:03:14 AM
Why not just get one that says ''I don't ever want to get a date again''?

Or "No thanks, I'm into box lunches."

paladin1991

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on February 24, 2017, 09:56:03 AM
I'm independently wealthy, and get paid handsomely by MI6, CIA and the Clintons. MD has said so, do you have a problem with that?
;D

paladin1991

Quote from: Meister_000 on February 24, 2017, 10:04:51 AM
Retard, knock knock: I DID NOT POST THE IMAGE. GRAVITY DID. How many tmes am I going to have to explain this to you? ASK and direct your COMPLAINTS _to_ GRAVITY_. Not Meister.

ARE WE CLEAR YET?

the poor little dear "does anyone think its "unfair" of poe lil me to ask. . . Blah blah blah. Ask the right person. Ask then nicely, and the thank them Billy when they give you the answe.

Wait.  Are you claiming not to have posted the image?

This is the last thing I ever expected to hear from Darryl Issa at this point in time, I must say.

"You're right that you cannot have somebody â€" a friend of mine, Jeff Sessions â€" who was on the campaign and who is an appointee," Issa said. "You're going to need to use the special prosecutor's statute and office," adding it would be insufficient to hand the job off to the deputy attorney general, another political appointee.

Issa then pivoted his attention to Russia, arguing that its president, Vladimir Putin, is a "bad guy" who murders his political enemies.

"We have to work with [the Russians]; we don't have to trust them," Issa said. "We need to investigate their activities and we need to do it because they are bad people."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6fteC7nrlk