• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Meister_000

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on February 23, 2017, 07:45:03 PM
Rest assured that I won't.  You've become legeandary for your nonsensical ravings and bull shit articles.

And the proof is called "posting history" (and in it's totality). This level of Fact-Checking is easy enough that even Kidneystone3 could probably have done it (on a sober day, once upon a time).

TigerLily

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on February 23, 2017, 07:16:07 PM
I get my news from all the usual places.  The question you should be asking is how do I evaluate the validity of what is being reported. 

The networks are owned by corporations who have a vested interest in controlling the narrative and fostering globalism.  If one fails to see the pro right bias in the reporting of FN and the consistently pro left slant in the tone, tenor and arguments of news and commentary on virtually all other networks, one has given himself over completely to his cognitive biases.  If nothing else, the fact that all the commentators on those leftist news outlets told us that Hilliary was a sure bet right up until election night and that they were visibly crestfallen when she lost says it all.  Moreover, they continue their war against Trump with a vengeance.  The print media is similarly biased with Carlos Slim owning the NYT and Jeff Besos owning the WP.

The political class is solely interested in maintaining the status quo and getting elected/reelected with the help of monied interests.  In other words, politicians are tools of special interests whether it's the Koch Brothers or Soros or any other major financial or commercial entities.  They pay homage to unions and social group advocates ( i.e. NAACP, various Latino groups, the LGBT community, etc.) but the big corporations are their main benefactors and call the shots.

What you, the MSM and pols fighting Trump fail to realize is that it isn't about republicans versus democrats nor is it necessarily about left versus right.  It's about Americans against big government and corporate globalism and for economic nationalism and national integrity and sovereignty.  The steady nit picking and gotchas will not advance the cause of those opposing Trump.  It will just make them look increasingly petty and obstructionist.

How I judge the veracity of reporting is how it comports with what I know to be the facts, the accuracy of reporting when viewed with the benefit of hindsight and what my senses tell me about the person delivering the news or opinion in terms of their level of emotion and body language and how they couch their arguments.  In other words, what my experience with people has taught me over the years.  Most intelligent people do not want to be told what their opinion should be.  Others want to be told.

TL;DR. lol. But I will. This thoughtful essay deserves a thoughtful response. I will do my best to give it the time and attention it deserves. Unless you don't care about my opinions?

Meister_000

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 23, 2017, 07:37:53 PM
I have seen one of these that was more recent with more sources, but can't find it right now.

I think AP has gone further left. They have a tendency to post anything they get in a press release form the DNC or Media Matters.

And the last one I had seen had CNN much more to the left.

That's still more than enough, the chart you posted, to put Donny's Dunces to shame (assuming they were capable of shame, or of knowing just when/where it would be the appropriate thing to feel). So let's do an instant-replay then . . .(thanks).

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 23, 2017, 07:37:53 PM
I have seen one of these that was more recent with more sources, but can't find it right now.

I think AP has gone further left. They have a tendency to post anything they get in a press release form the DNC or Media Matters.

And the last one I had seen had CNN much more to the left.

Hey! I pretty much agree with this chart! Imagine my surprise! So riddle me this, Rocketman. Why are at least 85% of the posts here - and I believe I'm being generous - from "hyperpartisan conservative or conservative utter garbage/conspiracy theories" outlets and posts from "mainstream minimal partisan" outlets are dismissed as "fake news"?

P.S. I'm printing this out and hanging it in my office. And I'm sure it will be back to haunt you  8)

P.P.S. What is the source of the chart?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on February 23, 2017, 08:14:14 PM
Hey! I pretty much agree with this chart! Imagine my surprise! So riddle me this, Rocketman. Why are at least 85% of the posts here - and I believe I'm being generous - from "hyperpartisan conservative or conservative utter garbage/conspiracy theories" outlets and posts from "mainstream minimal partisan" outlets are dismissed as "fake news"?

P.S. I'm printing this out and hanging it in my office. And I'm sure it will be back to haunt you  8)

Of course. You'll believe whatever they tell you. It's easier than thinking for yourself.  :D

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on February 23, 2017, 08:14:14 PM

This is the one that I had seen last week. I think it is more accurate.

CNN might have been in the center in 1985. Certainly not today.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 23, 2017, 08:21:14 PM
This is the one that I had seen last week. I think it is more accurate.

CNN might have been in the center in 1985. Certainly not today.

Still good. Same question applies

Quote from: Meister_000 on February 23, 2017, 05:51:31 PM
FLASH 2-23-2017: new Attorney General Jeff Sessions rescinds Obama-era guidance directing the Justice Dept to reduce use of Private Prisons.

"Private prison companies invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in Trump’s presidential campaign. Today they got their reward."

[img: Sessions memo 2-23-2017]

Unlike the dishonesty of the liberal left, I have no problem saying this is a wrong move by the Trump administration,

I am against private prisons for the obvious reasons.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: TigerLily on February 23, 2017, 07:55:46 PM
TL;DR. lol. But I will. This thoughtful essay deserves a thoughtful response. I will do my best to give it the time and attention it deserves. Unless you don't care about my opinions?

The frequency with which you use lol tells me that it's an expression of frustration rather than being amused.  Be honest now, did you really laugh out loud?  I think not.

Of course I'm interested in opposing opinions as long they are reasoned and not a canned response.  I would really like some insight into the basis for your conclusions.  My problem with others is that their arguments are based on what they can find on the web that supports their view no matter what the source or how outlandish the claims.  When I offer a counter argument they go all personal.  When that happens I respond in kind and so it goes. 

I'm looking forward to a response from you

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: (((The King of Kings))) on February 23, 2017, 08:29:56 PM
Unlike the dishonesty of the liberal left, I have no problem saying this is a wrong move by the Trump administration,

We've pretty much all weighed in against this but we're just a bastion of right-wing group-think around here.  ::) :D

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on February 23, 2017, 08:27:24 PM
Still good. Same question applies

I would say that people that care about their positions confirm their bias from sites that generally agree with their positions. And some, like WSJ are behind a paywall. Others, like Los Angeles newspapers don't work with my adblocker. I don't go to Huffington Post or Buzzfeed looking for articles. If they are linked on Drudge, I might view them. I ignore most the of the stuff on Breitbart, but there some contributors that I trust. I check out CNN or Fox when I am bored, but probably read more stuff off if BBC than any US media outlets.

Most websites source a lot of their info from the AP, so there is iften a lit of commonality. Of course the selection of which stories to run and editorial opinion will change bases on the outlet.

During the campaign, and even today, it is obvious that many news outlets take the DNC talking points and to some degree parrot them right back. Look for words such as "chaos" when they all appear on the same day in major news outlets. This started back in the day of "vast right wing conspiracy"... "political hacks" was another example.

If you are objective, look for the next archaic phrase used by a major news outlet and then watch and see how many others use that exact terminology starting on the same day.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Meister_000 on February 23, 2017, 08:12:12 PM
That's still more than enough, the chart you posted, to put Donny's Dunces to shame (assuming they were capable of shame, or of knowing just when/where it would be the appropriate thing to feel). So let's do an instant-replay then . . .(thanks).

I must have missed it.  Who/what is the source of this graphic?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 23, 2017, 08:40:16 PM
I would say that people that care about their positions confirm their bias from sites that generally agree with their positions. And some, like WSJ are behind a paywall. Others, like Los Angeles newspapers don't work with my adblocker. I don't go to Huffington Post or Buzzfeed looking for articles. If they are linked on Drudge, I might view them. I ignore most the of the stuff on Breitbart, but there some contributors that I trust. I check out CNN or Fox when I am bored, but probably read more stuff off if BBC than any US media outlets.

Most websites source a lot of their info from the AP, so there is iften a lit of commonality. Of course the selection of which stories to run and editorial opinion will change bases on the outlet.

During the campaign, and even today, it is obvious that many news outlets take the DNC talking points and to some degree parrot them right back. Look for words such as "chaos" when they all appear on the same day in major news outlets. This started back in the day of "vast right wing conspiracy"... "political hacks" was another example.

If you are objective, look for the next archaic phrase used by a major news outlet and then watch and see how many others use that exact terminology starting on the same day.

Even AP was recently caught printing an obviously fake story.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-17/trump-considers-mobilization-100000-national-guard-troops-round-unathorized-immigran

https://friendsofsyria.wordpress.com/2016/11/05/associated-press-reporter-admits-faking-news-stories-for-hillary-clinton-stunning-admission-reveals-how-ap-prints-whatever-the-clintons-want-facts-be-damned/

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 23, 2017, 08:55:19 PM
Even AP was recently caught printing an obviously fake story.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-17/trump-considers-mobilization-100000-national-guard-troops-round-unathorized-immigran

https://friendsofsyria.wordpress.com/2016/11/05/associated-press-reporter-admits-faking-news-stories-for-hillary-clinton-stunning-admission-reveals-how-ap-prints-whatever-the-clintons-want-facts-be-damned/

I check out the AP raw news feed a couple of times a day. 30-45 days before the election, it was blatantly obvious that they were just reprinting DNC/Clinton press releases/talking points. Often 6-10 right after each other. I haven't seen that many since the election, but any that start out as "AP Fact Check" seem to be sourced from some organization controlled by the DNC. There are never any AP Fact Checks on a Democrat. Of course, relevant Denocrats are an endangered species. 

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 23, 2017, 08:40:16 PM
...Look for words such as "chaos" when they all appear on the same day in major news outlets. This started back in the day of "vast right wing conspiracy"... "political hacks" was another example. v

Every so often, Limbaugh will play the left wing "pop" phrase or report of the day from various MSM talking heads.  Talking head after talking head, repeating almost verbatim the same verbology.  I remember one time it was with all these morons blathering on about "gravitous," all with  identical wording.   It was like a bunch of programmed androids sent out to spread the same idiotic message.  ::)

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on February 23, 2017, 09:06:00 PM
Every so often, Limbaugh will play the left wing "pop" phrase or report of the day from various MSM talking heads.  Talking head after talking head, repeating almost verbatim the same verbology.  I remember one time it was with all these morons blathering on about "gravitous," all with  identical wording.   It was like a bunch of programmed androids sent out to spread the same idiotic message.  ::)

I seldom listen to Rush. Maybe if I am driving to lunch. If he actually took more calls on open lines Friday I might listen.

But that is exactly what I was trying to convey. They come up with a keyword for the DNC message and that permeates within hours to all major outlets.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 23, 2017, 09:12:48 PM
I seldom listen to Rush. Maybe if I am driving to lunch. If he actually took more calls on open lines Friday I might listen.

But that is exactly what I was trying to convey. They come up with a keyword for the DNC message and that permeates within hours to all major outlets.

Yeah, but the fact that we're pointing out obvious media bias just makes us right-wing trolls, right? <says the guy who's voted Democrat more than anything>  :D

Meister_000

Quote from: (((The King of Kings))) on February 23, 2017, 08:29:56 PM
Well, this _is_ encouraging! And, I'm also unafraid (for example) to acknowledge that Gen McMasters looks to be the single best thing to come out of the Trump admin yet -- albeit kickin and screamin! But good, I'm glad to hear it K.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Meister_000 on February 23, 2017, 09:31:10 PM
Well, this _is_ encouraging! And, I'm also unafraid (for example) to acknowledge that Gen McMasters looks to be the single best thing to come out of the Trump admin yet -- albeit kickin and screamin! But good, I'm glad to hear it K.
McMaster (no s) is discussed in this article and it has a link to a movie in which he is interviewed as a Captain (O3). He first appears about 16 minutes in if I remember correctly.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/22/the-battle-that-made-mcmaster-famous-was-a-brutal-desert-smackdown-video/

Meister_000

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 23, 2017, 09:57:55 PM
McMaster (no s) is discussed in this article and it has a link to a movie in which he is interviewed as a Captain (O3). He first appears about 16 minutes in if I remember correctly.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/22/the-battle-that-made-mcmaster-famous-was-a-brutal-desert-smackdown-video/

Thanks, didn't know that (and I'm all-good with it).  And yes, thanks, jump the vid to 15:30 for a youthful McMasters recounting of events (1993 episode of “Fields of Armor”).

Meister_000

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on February 23, 2017, 08:42:04 PM

I must have missed it.  Who/what is the source of this graphic?

Sorry, didn't see this. Gravity posted it but it's by some independant chick on Twitter (patent attorney) from 3 months ago, Vanessa Otero, here is orig posting:
[tweet]808696317174288387[/tweet]

TigerLily

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on February 23, 2017, 08:34:47 PM
The frequency with which you use lol tells me that it's an expression of frustration rather than being amused.  Be honest now, did you really laugh out loud?  I think not.

Of course I'm interested in opposing opinions as long they are reasoned and not a canned response.  I would really like some insight into the basis for your conclusions.  My problem with others is that their arguments are based on what they can find on the web that supports their view no matter what the source or how outlandish the claims.  When I offer a counter argument they go all personal.  When that happens I respond in kind and so it goes. 

I'm looking forward to a response from you

No. Actually, I am easily amused and I do like to laugh. And it is also to show good cheer as opposed to meanness. I think it's usually pretty clear when I'm unhappy. Going to settle in with LMH but I will reply tomorrow after morning tasks. Goodnight

luicfer6G6

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-may-boost-recreational-marijuana-enforcement-spokesman-001059919--sector.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The administration of President Donald Trump may ramp up enforcement of federal laws against recreational marijuana use, a White House spokesman said on Thursday, setting up potential conflicts in states where the drug is legal.

TigerLily

Quote from: lucifer bell on February 24, 2017, 01:06:35 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-may-boost-recreational-marijuana-enforcement-spokesman-001059919--sector.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The administration of President Donald Trump may ramp up enforcement of federal laws against recreational marijuana use, a White House spokesman said on Thursday, setting up potential conflicts in states where the drug is legal.

How else are for-profit prisons supposed to pass their breakeven point?