• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 09, 2017, 01:46:30 AM
Care to explain how he "played right into it?"  ???

Sure.  He steadfastly and publicly advocated alternatives to the idea that Russia was behind the leaks for a couple weeks in defiance of the intelligence reports that go back at least to October.  Finally, after Friday's briefing, he was forced to admit it he was wrong.  The intelligence must have been convincing since it caused those who reviewed it to shift their positions.  Maybe it's not, really, and the spy guys who met with Trump just looked very stern and shook their jowls when they said it, but Trump's public reversal makes it definitive and makes up whatever weight it might lack.

The Russia link is an old idea that goes back well before the election.  He's already paid whatever political price he had to for it.  Stubbornly refusing to accept it gained him nothing, and the comical, grudging admission by Priebus (Wallace:  "Who was behind it?  Who?  Who?  Who?"  Priebus: "Russia, but the Democrats...") made me laugh for real.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 09, 2017, 12:44:39 PM
Sure.  He steadfastly and publicly advocated alternatives to the idea that Russia was behind the leaks for a couple weeks in defiance of the intelligence reports that go back at least to October.  Finally, after Friday's briefing, he was forced to admit it he was wrong.  The intelligence must have been convincing since it caused those who reviewed it to shift their positions.  Maybe it's not, really, and the spy guys who met with Trump just looked very stern and shook their jowls when they said it, but Trump's public reversal makes it definitive and makes up whatever weight it might lack.

The Russia link is an old idea that goes back well before the election.  He's already paid whatever political price he had to for it.  Stubbornly refusing to accept it gained him nothing, and the comical, grudging admission by Priebus (Wallace:  "Who was behind it?  Who?  Who?  Who?"  Priebus: "Russia, but the Democrats...") made me laugh for real.

I think you're grossly overestimating the potential damage to him over this. I'm glad we finally have a president with the balls to stand up to the CIA and attempt to take control of the country back for the people. I just hope he's not assassinated for it.

TigerLily

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 09, 2017, 11:26:59 AM
... He never fails to be a toddler.  ;D

"Meryl Streep, one of the most overrated actresses in Hollywood, doesn't know me but attacked last night at the Golden Globes."

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 09, 2017, 11:32:09 AM
And that's what makes him so lovable.

Hmmm...

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 09, 2017, 12:50:46 PM
I think you're grossly overestimating the potential damage to him over this. I'm glad we finally have a president with the balls to stand up to the CIA and attempt to take control of the country back for the people. I just hope he's not assassinated for it.

Haha if anything I am minimizing it, considering it factored into the election.  That's about as generous as it gets.

TigerLily

And financially owned by the Russians for years. When you say people you mean Russian oligarchs, right?

Yorkshire pud

I do actually admire your devotion to Trump. In your eyes, he can do no wrong, even when his 8D or 12D chess looks more like a game of checkers with most of the pieces missing.

But tell me; how do you equate 'standing up to the CIA' with an initial reaction to their findings as them simply lying because he thinks they are? He gives no evidence to support that, or his own verifiable answer gleaned from intelligence gathering; no, just how he feels at the time.

I'm surprised he didn't post several dozen tweets that suggested the spouses and children of the spooks were all ugly, thus 'proving' they were lying!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on January 09, 2017, 01:03:55 PM
And financially owned by the Russians for years. When you say people you mean Russian oligarchs, right?

Americans. I know you'll never understand that being a dirty Mexican. Kisses from this side of the border.  :-*

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 09, 2017, 01:06:49 PM
I do actually admire your devotion to Trump. In your eyes, he can do no wrong, even when his 8D or 12D chess looks more like a game of checkers with most of the pieces missing.

I love how 3D chess has morphed into infinity D chess now. That's about the size of it compared to the Dems though. A bunch of screaming kindergarten kiddies.  ::) :D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 09, 2017, 01:09:54 PM
I love how 3D chess has morphed into infinity D chess now. That's about the size of it compared to the Dems though. A bunch of screaming kindergarten kiddies.  ::) :D

And take Trump baby's thunder? Being the biggest cry baby who ever took high office? No-one in history who has been in high office (except possibly George lll, who was clinically insane), has demonstrated such inability to behave like an adult in the sense of the word. His auto reflex to any criticism is to pick something irrelevant to fight back with, makng himself look even more surreal.

"Donald, can you please stop spitting on people" ...

"So says the woman who has small tits"

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 09, 2017, 01:09:54 PM

Well early on in this thread, pre election, he apparently was playing 6D chess with the press and Dems. I just thought he'd have upped his skills since then. Maybe not.  :-\

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 09, 2017, 01:07:36 PM
Americans. I know you'll never understand that being a dirty Mexican. Kisses from this side of the border.  :-*

Hurry up with that wall you're paying for...Republican lawmakers are looking into funding the border wall with taxpayer money. That led to the following Trump tweet: "The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!"

Later like releasing his tax returns, revealing his plan to divest, actually paying any taxes. We have a saying in Mexico ... mañana

SredniVashtar

Quote from: pyewacket on January 09, 2017, 11:08:22 AM
I find it curious that Ms. Streep made no mention of the recent case where a mentally disabled youth was physically and mentally tortured by abusers who gleefully posted his humiliation/suffering on social media.

Is she really that concerned about the plight of handicapped people or was this just another opportunity to advance her political views? 

Maybe the latter because the abusers appear share some of her views.

It has more to do with the fact that a man in his seventies, elected to the most important office in the world, evidently has the impulse control of a delinquent child. Sure, she has political views, so what? So do you, although I think they sound better in the original German.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 09, 2017, 01:17:04 PM
And take Trump baby's thunder? Being the biggest cry baby who ever took high office? No-one in history who has been in high office (except possibly George lll, who was clinically insane), has demonstrated such inability to behave like an adult in the sense of the word. His auto reflex to any criticism is to pick something irrelevant to fight back with, makng himself look even more surreal.

"Donald, can you please stop spitting on people" ...

"So says the woman who has small tits"

I look forward to the day you're hauled out of your home in shackles and with a canvas bag over your head and sent to a FEMA camp for reeducation. You won't think you're so witty then.

Quote from: TigerLily on January 09, 2017, 02:10:59 PM
Hurry up with that wall you're paying for...Republican lawmakers are looking into funding the border wall with taxpayer money. That led to the following Trump tweet: "The dishonest media does not report that any money spent on building the Great Wall (for sake of speed), will be paid back by Mexico later!"

Later like releasing his tax returns, revealing his plan to divest, actually paying any taxes. We have a saying in Mexico ... mañana

At least your English is better than the botulin guacamole you make in tu cocina muy sucia. Capeesh?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on January 09, 2017, 02:10:59 PM
We have a saying in Mexico ... mañana

And that's one of the reasons your country is in the sorry state it's in. It used to be a vacation paradise and now vacationers get murdered or inadvertently killed on a regular basis there. I don't think we should be following your lead.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 09, 2017, 02:43:51 PM
I look forward to the day you're hauled out of your home in shackles and with a canvas bag over your head and sent to a FEMA camp for reeducation. You won't think you're so witty then.

I've never thought I'm witty; Well other than that time SV and I tied you to the lamp post, naked, after a few too many bevvies in Prague. Oh how we laughed!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 09, 2017, 02:46:39 PM
And that's one of the reasons your country is in the sorry state it's in. It used to be a vacation paradise and now vacationers get murdered or inadvertently killed on a regular basis there. I don't think we should be following your lead.

::)

pyewacket

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 09, 2017, 02:18:03 PM
It has more to do with the fact that a man in his seventies, elected to the most important office in the world, evidently has the impulse control of a delinquent child. Sure, she has political views, so what? So do you, although I think they sound better in the original German.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHgj1uQ5FH8&list=PLzRPQ7C6mLH31ONSbbFwgEf8bKAhwaSYq&index=1

norland2424

Lol

SredniVashtar

I have good news, the more enlightened members of BG are having a whip-round to get you a ticket (one-way). You've obviously been working too hard recently and could do with the break.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 09, 2017, 02:50:22 PM
I have good news, the more enlightened members of BG are having a whip-round to get you a ticket (one-way). You've obviously been working too hard recently and could do with the break.

I thought a whip around is what the caliphate calls it when they pass you around as their boy toy.  :D

Kidnostad3

Quote from: TigerLily on January 09, 2017, 01:03:55 PM

What a silly statement for a supposedly intelligent person to make. On what do you base your allegations that Trump is owned by the Russians.  I have never heard that allegation made by even the worst of Trump's critics.  One expects a certain amount of hyperbole in these threads but you exceed the limits of tolerance. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 09, 2017, 02:52:41 PM
I thought a whip around is what the caliphate calls it when they pass you around as their boy toy.  :D

I make allowances for you because English obviously isn't your mother tongue, but that was piss poor even for you. Again, you have about six responses at most. Other than that you have nothing to say.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 09, 2017, 02:59:39 PM
I make allowances for you because English obviously isn't your mother tongue, but that was piss poor even for you. Again, you have about six responses at most. Other than that you have nothing to say.

He's trying to work out why he got the eye rolling and the lol in response to his statement about murder in Mexico. Go easy on him.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 09, 2017, 12:10:09 PM
My instinct if it had been my boy they abused, would be to find and kill them. I wouldn't rest until they were. Years ago I had a schoolfiend who joined the police. After a few years he'd obviously seen it and been there, and got the t shirt. His opinion to how rapists and child molesters should be treated was simple but effective.

Put em in room full of women.

I love it when you talk like that. 

Lt.Uhura

While everyone is distracted by Hollywood vs Trump, son-in-law and real-estate investor Jared Kushner is busy preparing to move into the White House to "advise" his father in law.

Kushner, who is married to Trump's daughter Ivanka, is taking the West Wing job despite an anti-nepotism law that bars officials from appointing relatives to government positions. Some aides to Trump have argued that the law does not apply to the White House.[/b]

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-trump-s-son-in-law-expected-to-be-1483987299-htmlstory.html

That's right, those silly anti-nepotism laws don't apply to fascist governments where despot's families are routinely installed to cover their own asses from being accused of any wrong-doing.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 09, 2017, 03:11:34 PM
I love it when you talk like that.

I'm not proud about it; because to behave like a mindless, barbarous thuggish pile of shit as retribution, brings the civilised society to their level. I don't know what the answer is to barbarous thuggish behaviour, but we have the same affliction in the UK too. Some of the grandparents of these thugs have little in the way of civility, humanity or simple good manners.

Its hardly unreasonable to think that the offspring of their offspring would be any different is it? Teachers aren't allowed to discipline kids, ever. If a teacher so much as looks at a thuggish kid wrong, the thuggish parent is down the school to 'sort out' the teacher. If I had gone home and told my mother or dad I'd got in trouble, I'd better get running.

I'm frequently accused of being a 'liberal', but those who say it, hardly know what it means, and just use it as a pejorative term.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 09, 2017, 03:17:26 PM
While everyone is distracted by Hollywood vs Trump, son-in-law and real-estate investor Jared Kushner is busy preparing to move into the White House to "advise" his father in law.

Kushner, who is married to Trump's daughter Ivanka, is taking the West Wing job despite an anti-nepotism law that bars officials from appointing relatives to government positions. Some aides to Trump have argued that the law does not apply to the White House.[/b]

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-trump-s-son-in-law-expected-to-be-1483987299-htmlstory.html

That's right, those silly anti-nepotism laws don't apply to fascist governments where despot's families are routinely installed to cover their own asses from being accused of any wrong-doing.

I don't doubt what you say; but what was the situation with JFK and his brother?

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 09, 2017, 03:17:26 PM

Are you aware that JFK appointed his brother RFK to the office of Attorney General?  You are coming real close to being thought of as a dumb broad--not that there's anything wrong with being a dumb broad.

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 09, 2017, 03:22:52 PM
I don't doubt what you say; but what was the situation with JFK and his brother?

There is a glimmer of hope here- now we're making some progress.