• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

"I have to touch the frozen fish or my next door neighbor will die"

Started by Agent : Orange, January 18, 2011, 11:13:45 AM

The subject line says pretty much all I remember about this caller. I'm sure Art was the host, it was from the late 90s, maybe early 00s. Sounded like the caller had schizophrenia, and he was convinced that unless he got up at night and touched the box of frozen fish in the freezer, he would kill his neighbor. When Art questioned him he said something to the effect of "the voices tell me so".

Anyone remember this?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Agent : Orange on January 18, 2011, 11:13:45 AM
The subject line says pretty much all I remember about this caller. I'm sure Art was the host, it was from the late 90s, maybe early 00s. Sounded like the caller had schizophrenia, and he was convinced that unless he got up at night and touched the box of frozen fish in the freezer, he would kill his neighbor. When Art questioned him he said something to the effect of "the voices tell me so".

Anyone remember this?
jesus... i never did hear that.

Haven't heard it, really want to, and this reminds me of uncle Dell from the film "wild at heart"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I could remember when I heard it. It was one of the most surreal and terrifying calls ever.

James G.

That sounds like one for the Fantastic Stories bit.

Judging by its indisputable saneness, it obvious reflects the boundless, untapped depths of true vision characterizing the human experience -- and no doubt a perfect fit for what too Americans would watch on television these days.

fabucat

Quote from: Agent : Orange on January 18, 2011, 05:44:38 PM
I wish I could remember when I heard it. It was one of the most surreal and terrifying calls ever.

I sure wish I could laugh at that one.  In days of yore I *did* laugh at things like that.  I LOVE surrealism.  Now I think that no less than a real shrink could handle those calls, which George N. falls short of. 

You've got to engage the mentally disturbed while not enabling them.  Not something that I'd want a job of doing. 

I sure do enjoy listening to some of the charlatan guests as well, and trying to weed out the truthtellers from the bs-ers. 

I just wonder how many people without sanity or critical thinking abilities actually *believe* the hoakum that Hoaxland and Quayle peddle, for example.  If I were absolutely bat-poop crazy and swallowed everything Ed Dames said, I think that I'd probably end it all then and there.  I'd figure, "What's the point?"

All tolled, I sure wish that I'd experienced that call live!

Quote from: fabucat on January 19, 2011, 12:00:37 AM
I sure wish I could laugh at that one.  In days of yore I *did* laugh at things like that.  I LOVE surrealism.  Now I think that no less than a real shrink could handle those calls, which George N. falls short of. 
You said a lot right here. This is part of why the show has changed it's groove so much. George definitely does play into the hands of whoever calls up.

I sure do enjoy listening to some of the charlatan guests as well, and trying to weed out the truthtellers from the bs-ers. 

I just wonder how many people without sanity or critical thinking abilities actually *believe* the hoakum that Hoaxland and Quayle peddle, for example.  If I were absolutely bat-poop crazy and swallowed everything Ed Dames said, I think that I'd probably end it all then and there.  I'd figure, "What's the point?"

http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/ask-an-astrobiologist/intro/nibiru-and-doomsday-2012-questions-and-answers

All tolled, I sure wish that I'd experienced that call live!
It was a very interesting thing and it did make quite an impression. I just wish I could remember more details about it.