A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Ms. C

blah ... have to agree with ^ ...

I think the John B. Wells thing is the final straw for me .... didn't like JBW content as time went on ... but still enjoyed his hawt voice (and I ain't no housewife ... bol) -- it hurts me to see how C2C continues to spiral down!!! 

And am sure George had much to do with John's outing ... wow, when Karma does finally strike ... Noory is going to find himself in some deep chit!  and unfortunately, it will be well deserved ...

Jackstar

Wells has been promoting his own show on his own site for over a month--I don't recall him mentioning on C2CAM that he was getting his own show*, but he sure as shootin' was spittin' his URL out over the airwaves, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume that Premier knew the man was having a show of his own soon.

I knew it. Didn't you?

I find it hard to imagine that they knew they were going to replace him, and then waited until the week before to inform him--however it is the radio business and from what I have read, that is exactly how they manage their human resources.

It's hard to imagine a better outcome. The last thing I want is the gang of idiots who listens to C2CAM regularly to cross over. "Boo hoo hoo, George Noory is so terrible, but I keep listening..." o rly?

There's this thing called the Internet and it runs 24/7; one could be well served to look into it.

*: somewhere on The Internet, you will find a page that claims that Wells is being spun off by Premiere Radio in order to acquire a stake in the daytime media market, every human government has been infiltrated by aliens and extraterrestrials, and John B. Wells is really a simulacrum of Art Bell from another dimension.

Bells... Well... does it really have to spelled out for you? Keep breathing the kool air, #LOOKUP

Dang, I never did tune into one of JB's shows.

Oh well

Jackstar

It is my hope that he only takes calls from paying subscribers. What a show that would be!

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 30, 2014, 10:41:18 AM
Dang, I never did tune into one of JB's shows.

Oh well

Not to worry, P*B.  You didn't miss anything.  Unless you fantasize about Barry White babbling about motherships and proper tea.

Quote from: ItsOver on January 30, 2014, 11:31:22 AM
Not to worry, P*B.  You didn't miss anything.  Unless you fantasize about Barry White babbling about motherships and proper tea.

I recorded some Caravan to midnight for you enjoyment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kac7AI7Ce7s

bateman

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 30, 2014, 12:15:17 PM
I recorded some Caravan to midnight for you enjoyment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kac7AI7Ce7s

I'm laughing like an idiot right now. Goddamn you people.

I have been making lots of calls to Premiere... no go on information yet.
It's funny, though, I was trying to Google Lisa Lyon's contact information and came across this: http://www.mutualart.com/Artwork/LISA-LYON--1982/369A88A5FF210B17
I had no idea Lisa.

Another thought: In reading the comments on Wells' two pages on Facebook, I am astounded by how much BELLGABBERS have in common with WELLSGABBERS. Seriously.. we agree on the basic premise: George is awful. We also agree with Knapp is great. We replace Wells with Bell, and they replace Bell with Wells. But I find most WELLS lovers also loved Bell.
A paradox of sorts.

Someone posted this on the CARAVAN TO MIDNIGHT Facebook page (they obviously are new to the George sucks notion):
Quote"something is wrong with george for sure. over the past year or so, he has become more cruel towards guests & callers alike, treating them like children who have barely learned how to talk. and i don't know if his health is going downhill or what, but he frequently begins a sentence at a certain volume, and by the end of the sentence that volume is zero. constant mumbling and inaudible speech. and now he makes and/or doesn't fight the worst decision in c2c history. i'm still back in november 2013 but when i finish january 2014 i'm done with c2c."
So as you can see, the Bell fans knew George sucked ten years ago. The Wells fans are suddenly learning now.
We have a lot in common.

Now back to the CARAVAN TO MIDNIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYyC3yttL3g

FallenSeraph

Quote from: ItsOver on January 30, 2014, 11:31:22 AM

LOLOLOLOLOLOL damn

Quote from: bateman on January 30, 2014, 01:00:28 PM
If anyone cares to hear Wells' last Coast show: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/p1778p0ti5iwj7q/wells-lastshow.mp3
I LOVE IT!
BATEMAN and I were in a race to do it. He beat me. Good show, sir, good show.
In the mean time here was mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsOVRrGaFY4

No Name Storm

Quote from: ItsOver on January 30, 2014, 08:11:55 AM
Wasn't Noory a supposed mentor of Simone?  That should tell us something.  :P  Yes, I have a similar issue with his delivery, as well.  Just too vanilla.

Hahaha, if it wasn't for Art's feelings about PremRat, I could see PremRat working a deal with Sirius to let Art take on Saturday night.  PremRat could continue playing SIT on Saturday with Art doing a live show afterwards.  Wouldn't that be great?  Think how nervous Noory would be.  ;D  Come on, Art.  You've done some major changes over the years.  Do it for the vaguely lovable "children" of BellGab.  ;)  Hey, we can dream, can't we?

Rob Simone is a bore. And so is his voice. Besides, he is Snooron's protege. No. If Saturday goes to Simone, I won't be listening Saturday, only Sundays with Knapp is doing the show. Snooron, Simone and C2C can Fuck Off.

gbneely

If anyone cares to hear Wells' last Coast show: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/p1778p0ti5iwj7q/wells-lastshow.mp3

Quote from: HorrorReporterI LOVE IT!
BATEMAN and I were in a race to do it. He beat me. Good show, sir, good show.
In the mean time here was mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsOVRrGaFY4

Hilarious!

FallenSeraph

ohhhh I hate you guys sometimes. gross.  :P

damn you.  ;)

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Seraphim27 on January 30, 2014, 01:35:49 PM
ohhhh I hate you guys sometimes. gross.  :P

damn you.  ;)

It was nasty, but hilarious.  ;D

eddie dean

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 30, 2014, 07:51:37 AM
Why not? He just has to refine his presentation, production, voice, programme content and everything else.

George calls this "tweaking" the show.
of course he says it wrong "twerking"

area51drone

This is the best god damned news all week. I fucking hate John B Wells.

BTW, $5/mo for his shit show online.

I will say this much.. Wells will be VERY interesting without a script, and in a no holds barred environment.
Me tinks he has much more extreme views than we gave him credit for.. He may even alienate Seraphim27 if he gets really crazed..
Nonetheless, I think his first show may be the best to listen to since he may opine about his rocky relationship with premiere...

eddie dean

Quote from: area51drone on January 30, 2014, 01:54:14 PM
This is the best god damned news all week. I fucking hate John B Wells.

BTW, $5/mo for his shit show online.

I'm not a fan of Wells either.
I am surprised by the page count in this thread. 150+

Quote from: eddie dean on January 30, 2014, 01:52:46 PM
George calls this "tweaking" the show.
of course he says it wrong "twerking"
TWERKED
[attachimg=1]

eddie dean

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 30, 2014, 01:58:22 PM
I will say this much.. Wells will be VERY interesting without a script, and in a no holds barred environment.
Me tinks he has much more extreme views than we gave him credit for.. He may even alienate Seraphim27 if he gets really crazed..
Nonetheless, I think his first show may be the best to listen to since he may opine about his rocky relationship with premiere...

Make sure to post audio clips or links if this happens. I'm always up for a good Premrat bashing.

Birdie

It seems to be the general consensus that John B knew this was coming a couple months ago. That made me remember something.
In December, I think, John's attitude started to change a bit. He seemed bitter and started to give that weird sign-off about 'if I suddenly drop off the radar....'
Anyhow, shortly after that, he did the most obnoxious show. He had on 2 Tea Party guys, hard core, right wing douchebags. I wonder if he did that to piss off Snorge, who always says politics should be avoided on Coast (which I appreciate and wholehearted agree with)? Why else would John have interviewed not one, but two, overtly political guests at that precise point in time? It must have been intended as a big middle finger.

John B wells has posted this:

Just so you know, there will be payment options starting February 1st, it is not downloadable at this time.

so there you have it jbw fans you will have payment options

b_dubb

as in we opt not to pay to listen to doom and gloom podcast

I think Wells sucks but it was messed up how Premier handled things.
Noory sucks worse than wells in my opinion. Why does he still have a job?

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 30, 2014, 02:54:31 PM
I think Wells sucks but it was messed up how Premier handled things.
Noory sucks worse than wells in my opinion. Why does he still have a job?

We've been asking that for about a decade.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 30, 2014, 02:09:39 PM
TWERKED
[attachimg=1]

This is fabulous.  :D

I think the first time I ever posted on BellGab was in the John B. Wells thread. I have a deep sentimental attachment to this thread.

ETA: Found it. Gosh, we're coming up on my one-year anniversary here, kids! http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=2167.msg102022#msg102022

eddie dean

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 16, 2013, 12:45:50 PM
John B. Wells is pretty much at the top of my 'People I'd Like to Have Phone Sex With' list.  ;) ;)

heh.
phone sex is a solid first post!
I can electronically lower Jazmundas voice and make your wish come true. Feb 14th? ;D
On the next Gabcast?
You're welcome!
I'm Eddie Dean; a dream maker! ;D

kf5iwe

He was the only talent they had