A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

georgesucks

John B Wells will host tonight and next friday.

yumyumtree

So somebody else will host on Sat?

Gd5150

Looking forward to four hours of fun tonight...John B Wells hosts open lines Friday night excite.

martinjsxx

If Wells didn't have that voice he wouldn't be in radio.

CJJames

God, JBW is so full of crazy his cup runeth over. Another anti-Obama, anti Democrat rant on C2C, giving all others a pass. What happened to c2c? Does this nighttime rush show get any ratings?

valdez

Quote from: CJJames on November 30, 2013, 03:02:50 AM
...Another anti-Obama, anti Democrat rant on C2C..

I must have missed that.  But I did catch the guy who called in talking about how his dad broke into a General's office and found pictures of ufo and aliens, Wells telling a mumbling drunk that she had a good voice for radio, the guy who thought it odd that on the day after Thanksgiving we go crazy over buying stuff, Wells wondering how some folks can play the same bumper music over and over, somebody talking about Fukushima, and Wells doing an impression of Art Bell.  He seemed a tad more coherent than normal, finishing entire thoughts and sentences, but I wonder how long he's going to open with that "out of the black strange and into the open range" thing, because it's already gotten old.  Weeks ago.

FallenSeraph

I'd like to have a beer with him. Or four.  8)

. . . from now on I'm reserving that smiley just for my JBW comments

alger

God, JBW is so full of crazy his cup runeth over. Another anti-Obama, anti Democrat rant on C2C, giving all others a pass. What happened to c2c? Does this nighttime rush show get any ratings?
Maybe that's why Art went down? Liberal radio doesn't seem to have much of an audience.

yumyumtree

Vaccinations, H1N1, flouride, George Bush, Monsanto, oh my.
Did you know that the 1918 flu epidemic was not really flu, but caused by aspirin?

yumyumtree

Interesting picture of Wells on Bollinger's web site.

michio

unWells is smugly and confidently talking about those "deadly vaccines" that have saved millions of lives and helped prevent people from becoming sicker than they would have without them. It's weird with him being a "TROOTH SEEKER," that you never hear him talk about those nefarious and misleading people who aren't knowledgeable experts on the subjects they love to flap their lips about.  This right after he said on the last show, "You think you know but you don't," when referring to people who convince themselves of things that aren't true. Psychological projection is a real bitch, eh JBW?

If you want a pro-Obama rant, I suggest you tune to any news network other than Fox News and The Blaze. Liberal paradise awaits you.

Morgus

This lady caller sounds familiar...

yumyumtree

Oh, yes, Annie from Alabammy. She's a regular.

fotd

I turned on the radio and heard Wells going on a half baked rant.  Someone had emailed him about the guest not being a doctor, so the guest shouldn't give medical advice.  Wells compares Bollinger to the Wright Brothers being greasy motorcycle mechanics and lab coats do not make someone smart.

wtf did I just type, better yet, what retarded point did he make?

PChirp

Quote from: fotd on December 01, 2013, 02:43:05 AMSomeone had emailed him about the guest not being a doctor, so the guest shouldn't give medical advice.  Wells compares Bollinger to the Wright Brothers being greasy motorcycle mechanics and lab coats do not make someone smart.

Speaking of Ty "Carnivora" Bollinger, ever notice that during his appearances on C2C he won't/doesn't take listener phone calls?   ::)

CJJames

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on December 01, 2013, 12:47:59 AM
If you want a pro-Obama rant, I suggest you tune to any news network other than Fox News and The Blaze. Liberal paradise awaits you.

ANY news network? As if they all have been fawning over the President for the last two months instead of raking him over the coals for the website? I think you've been misled about the size of the "liberal" portion of the media. Its not about ideology, it about money and the corporations that own the media.

And no, you misunderstand my point, Creeps. I don't want a pro-Obama rant, I know where to ignore those just I know where to ignore the conservative kooks. I want Coast to Coast AM. The real Coast to Coast AM. Not the right wing nutty zoo that Noory and Wells have turned it into. Enough.

Juan

Take it to the politics thread.

valdez

Quote from: Morgus on December 01, 2013, 12:53:01 AM
This lady caller sounds familiar...
Quote from: yumyumtree on December 01, 2013, 12:59:57 AM
Oh, yes, Annie from Alabammy. She's a regular.

Sweet gal, and a perfect balance to Wells' Anglophilia.  Somewhere between 911 being an inside job and the new world order elites being "scumbags" Ty Bollinger mentioned that Lee Harvey Oswald actually saved Kennedy's life in Chicago a few months before Dallas.  Should I spend the 2.5 seconds it would take me to google this, or is he just being wacky and maybe I could spend that time doing something else?  Decisions.  Here's a quote to place in el commandante's little red book:  "It’s not what you know that they care about.  It's how much you care about what you know that they care about."  Rolls right off the tongue.

huh?

DanTSX

Quote from: alger on November 30, 2013, 03:20:46 PM
Maybe that's why Art went down? Liberal radio doesn't seem to have much of an audience.

Art is a Liberal?

lol

No.

He simply was another victim of SickofBush syndrome.

SpaceRadomir

Was it my imagination or did John really say that Spanish flu deaths were actually due to aspirin? :o

Designx

Surprised Wells hasn't had that guy on who folds American currency into pyramids and quotes Biblical verses to prove the NWO is intending to destroy America.

Sambo

Quote from: DanTSX on December 01, 2013, 08:49:56 AM
Art is a Liberal?

lol

No.

He simply was another victim of SickofBush syndrome.

I'm pretty liberal minded and find Art to be similar.  I think he's a social libertarian. I'd have a hard time believing that he'd want his personal opinions (if he has time for them) on the affairs of others to be affected by his voting choices. If he comes off as conservative I think it's because he holds a high level of self respect and doesn't take any lip service.

Noory on the other hand persists on his show--with reoccurring themes of people acting more strange lately, denying humanities role in climate change, and that aliens are most certainly interdimensional demons--messages of fear which to me is one of the banes of social conservativism, and marketing to our most primitive emotional responses.

I've really grown tired of Noory's communications queues. 

CJJames

Quote from: Sambo on December 01, 2013, 05:32:45 PM
I'm pretty liberal minded and find Art to be similar.  I think he's a social libertarian. I'd have a hard time believing that he'd want his personal opinions (if he has time for them) on the affairs of others to be affected by his voting choices. If he comes off as conservative I think it's because he holds a high level of self respect and doesn't take any lip service.

Noory on the other hand persists on his show--with reoccurring themes of people acting more strange lately, denying humanities role in climate change, and that aliens are most certainly interdimensional demons--messages of fear which to me is one of the banes of social conservativism, and marketing to our most primitive emotional responses.

I've really grown tired of Noory's communications queues.

I agree completely. When Art first started on KDWN, he was Republican like the rest of the station, but was never right-wing. He dumped his conservative ideology after Newt's crew took control. Noory and Wells are almost nothing but right-wing political nuttyness. Last night's Wells broadcast was a great example of how far, and how bad, its become. I want the real C2C back.

RedMichael

I wouldn't care if he was extreme right or extreme left as long as it didn't permeate into a show whose subject matter should have NOTHING to do with politics.

The only thing I learned regarding this, and I learned it about myself too, is that when you don't notice a political slant, there is a good chance that the slant just fits your beliefs and seems normal (or you are in some sort of asinine denial).

That being said, Wells is kook and he has said some crazy offensive things on the air that have yet to get him removed.

Sambo

I almost forgot that there is also the political center. Not everyone is left or right. Beliefs aren't   necessarily absolute

No Name Storm

Hi all,

New here. John B. Wells....Well, I remember his first appearances on C2C. I thought he had promise....and then the mask came off. This guy is a Right Winger clear and through and he is now steering his shows toward political crazy wacko Right Wing talk.

Unbelievable what C2C has become under George Noory and those Right Wing, Republican radio monsters. They have commandeered radio. Noory is a shame and a sham. Like all other Right Wing Nuts on the radio, he sells Gold, Seeds, Vitamins and Food....for the wealthy. And now he has a service where listeners must PAY for exclusives. No....we can't offer anything without the almighty green evil changing hands.

It is disgusting. And John B. Wells might as well be on regular political radio because C2C he is not!

Why, Mr. Bell? Why?

Sambo

I thought I had noticed that too, but because I only hear Wellsy once a week (if I stay up that late) I didn't bother to mention it. You're right. He came off as a strong centrist, talking beautifully poetic about injustices and liberty, and it does seem he's gotten even more vague and his tone hints at hard right winged intangibles. There's no smarts behind that sort of dialog at all, it's purely marketing for the emotional worth of an audience, in the most base form possible: fear and paranoia.

I know that fear is easy to market, and if you pump it out enough you can go further down that hole without much worry....but my skeptical imaginative side wonders if these hosts just want to cash in on what some call the corporate/spiritual fascist movement. 

I'm only going on intuition and speculation so I'm arguably not much better, but most certainly Wells' quality diminished pretty quick

With regards to the selling things on the air, I admire the entrepreneurship of it, but I detest what seems like selling to the highest bidder MO of their advertising.  Some of the products are a real hit to their dignity imo

Well how bout that

[attach=1]

yumyumtree

Quote from: SpaceRadomir on December 01, 2013, 10:23:31 AM
Was it my imagination or did John really say that Spanish flu deaths were actually due to aspirin? :o
Yup, he said it.