A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Meanandnasty

Quote from: mombird3 on February 17, 2013, 10:45:28 PM
Yes, it was a good show. Wells said he will do the show next Friday and make an announcement for us listeners that we should like. He said it will be a "surprise." I wonder what it will be?
My guess is that he will be working Monday through Friday and Noory will only do the first Sunday of the month for the reemerging artists.

Juan Cena

Quote from: mombird3 on February 17, 2013, 10:45:28 PM
Yes, it was a good show. Wells said he will do the show next Friday and make an announcement for us listeners that we should like. He said it will be a "surprise." I wonder what it will be?

I hope it doesn't involve him doing Sunday nights, even once a month. Would hate to lose any or all Knapp Time.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan Cena on February 17, 2013, 11:45:46 PM
I hope it doesn't involve him doing Sunday nights, even once a month. Would hate to lose any or all Knapp Time.

Usually there's nothing but bad news coming from C2C.  I'd hate to see Wells tell us he's taking over Knapp's spot on Sundays.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ItsOver on February 17, 2013, 11:54:03 PM

Usually there's nothing but bad news coming from C2C.  I'd hate to see Wells tell us he's taking over Knapp's spot on Sundays.
Knapp is joining the Art Bell Network on April 2. A little bird told me...that cuckoo Fort Rock.

ItsOver

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 18, 2013, 12:10:58 AM
        Knapp is joining the Art Bell Network on April 2. A little bird told me...that cuckoo Fort Rock.

Of course, I should have known.  ;D   Nothing stops the "dreaded" scorpion army.  ::)

mombird3

I hope they do not get rid of Knapp.

morphiaflow

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 18, 2013, 12:10:58 AM

So are you cuckoo for Fort Rock? is he better than Coco Puffs?

Quote from: morphiaflow on February 18, 2013, 03:01:11 AM

I find Fort Rock's posts (at the rate of one per month) entertaining.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: morphiaflow on February 18, 2013, 03:01:11 AM
Same nutritional value. Kid's stuff. But amusing in some odd, whacky way. I kinda admire his willingness to be a punchline.

onan

Who would have thought there would be a moment of discussion on the merits of ft rock.

I'm thinking Wells is  taking over Fridays or Jorch's one Sunday a month as Jorch becomes more involved in his web tv cough*career*cough.

It would be good news if Wells would just ditch the never ending conspiracy theories but since that's never going to happen, I'll just settle for the mild buzz of having to endure less Snooron, if this is the big announcement.

BigDave

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on February 18, 2013, 01:43:03 PM
I'm thinking Wells is  taking over Fridays or Jorch's one Sunday a month as Jorch becomes more involved in his web tv cough*career*cough.

It would be good news if Wells would just ditch the never ending conspiracy theories but since that's never going to happen, I'll just settle for the mild buzz of having to endure less Snooron, if this is the big announcement.

We can hope that slowly George is being eased out the door

sleeplessinca

JBW mentioned that he said "you know" too much last Friday.  Reviewing this thread, someone criticized him for it.  Maybe he reads this?  I hope he takes the notes for what they are worth.  His interest in his guests takes him so much further than Snoorzever goes. 

I have high hopes for his time being expanded as Snoorz moves onto other pastures.  His heart is clearly not in the show as the only time he registers a pulse is when someone tells him how to live longer or how wonderful he and his show are.

Snoorey sucks.

CrabbyOld Bat

Well, if by chance John Be Unwell reads this, I too hope he takes notes.

Note: I'm hoping his big news is that he's leaving C2C and all forms of media for good -- right after after admitting he's a dangerous crackpot and true scumbag. I also hope his disgusting comments about Sandy Hook haunt him forever and that his thinly veiled incitements of civil war backfire and he's forced to live among aging devout hippies the rest of his life.

But I'm sure that's not the case. Darn it.

BigDave

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on February 18, 2013, 02:06:50 PM
Well, if by chance John Be Unwell reads this, I too hope he takes notes.

Note: I'm hoping his big news is that he's leaving C2C and all forms of media for good -- right after after admitting he's a dangerous crackpot and true scumbag. I also hope his disgusting comments about Sandy Hook haunt him forever and that his thinly veiled incitements of civil war backfire and he's forced to live among aging devout hippies the rest of his life.

But I'm sure that's not the case. Darn it.

I don't have a problem with Wells,I don't trust "our" Government as far as I can throw it

IvannZ

If you want to know whats going on with Coast, listen carefully to what George says, not anything JBW tells you. George is the main host and calls the shots. He's to good to lose any air time to anyone else. George will let you know if any changes are coming, not some spare host.

I'm guessing JBW's announcement is something about him doing some gig somewhere or some appearance...

nothing important in the grand scheme of things.

Morgus

Quote from: IvannZ on February 18, 2013, 02:12:00 PM
If you want to know whats going on with Coast, listen carefully to what George says, not anything JBW tells you. George is the main host and calls the shots. He's to good to lose any air time to anyone else. George will let you know if any changes are coming, not some spare host.

I'm guessing JBW's announcement is something about him doing some gig somewhere or some appearance...

thanks for your insider info on Noory, Tommy...  8)

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: BigDave on February 18, 2013, 02:11:17 PM

I don't have a problem with Wells,I don't trust "our" Government as far as I can throw it

I don't think anyone has every truly trusted any government. And politicians don't have the reputations they do for no reason.

But that doesn't mean having the country engage in a civil war is the solution or should be encouraged. Divide and conquer is exactly what corrupt people in power -- on both sides of the fence -- want. If citizens are busy fighting each other, they weaken themselves and make it easier for corruption -- on both sides of the fence -- to control them.

Wells sees a conspiracy theory everywhere -- especially if they're not on the side he's on. That type of thinking  is ignorant and ridiculous for too many reasons to list.

Wells sucks as much as Snorge does. The reasons are just slightly different.

Juan

George is the main host and calls the shots.
I used to work for Cheap Channel.  I can assure you that George does not call the shots.  The suits look at him as nothing more than a flunky.  They may give him some lip service to pump his ego, but he has very little say.

FallenSeraph

I think he totally reads it! (Hey JBW, CALL ME!  ;D ;D ;D)

I kind of got the feeling he checks this forum when he started Saturday's mushroom show with the "I know what you guys are thinking - what the hell? mushrooms?" intro - the mushroom thing was mentioned in the "are topics going downhill" thread (or whatever it's called - sorry - trying to dash this off at work).

If so, he should give the CoastGab people a shout-out next time.

(Mushroom show wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, BTW.)

WOTR

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 18, 2013, 04:12:00 PM
the mushroom thing was mentioned in the "are topics going downhill" thread
(Mushroom show wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, BTW.)
For once I was asleep through coast so I missed the topic.  I now have to hunt down an archive somewhere to look at the show that I actually wanted to catch (it has been so long since I actually wanted to hear a show that I do not know where to find it anymore.)  I am interested in this type of thing and it has to be one of the few things that Well cannot ruin (unless he forms a theory regarding the government destroying mushrooms and causing a housing shortage for the Smurfs...)

Meanandnasty

You are wrong.  Noory is now spare change.  The tide is turning and J.B. is at the helm.  Noory is walking the plank.  Bon Voyage Jorgie!
For your retirement Haogie has a cruise ship lined up for you, the one he was on this winter.

b_dubb

JB Wells is not a young man. I don't know why PremRad would hang the future of Coast from his nostril hair

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on February 18, 2013, 07:22:33 PM
JB Wells is not a young man. I don't know why PremRad would hang the future of Coast from his nostril hair
Those chose a 52 year old Noory to replace Art. So nobody can accuse them of age discrimination. Or that they don't hire special needs employees.

But it was Ian who announced his retirement, not George. It would make sense as well as being common courtesy for Wells to be the one to announce a change in his hosting schedule if that's what's happening. Noory's Friday schedule has been shrinking over the past year with a lot of fill-ins by Wells and Simone, and sometimes Knapp. It also makes sense that he might be turning Friday, or at least a Friday rotation over to Wells. We'll just have to wait and see. 

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on February 18, 2013, 07:55:18 PM
... Noory's Friday schedule has been shrinking over the past year with a lot of fill-ins by Wells and Simone, and sometimes Knapp. It also makes sense that he might be turning Friday, or at least a Friday rotation over to Wells...

Which would mean George Noary skipping out early on Thursdays... but would he still play UFO Phil

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 18, 2013, 08:18:07 PM

Which would mean George Noary skipping out early on Thursdays... but would he still play UFO Phil

Ha ha, I bet he does, and you know UFO Phil ain't going anywhere. It's Snooron's trademark. Art had Cusco, and the Nooron has UFO Phil. It suits him.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: WOTR on February 18, 2013, 04:27:58 PM
For once I was asleep through coast so I missed the topic.  I now have to hunt down an archive somewhere to look at the show that I actually wanted to catch (it has been so long since I actually wanted to hear a show that I do not know where to find it anymore.)  I am interested in this type of thing and it has to be one of the few things that Well cannot ruin (unless he forms a theory regarding the government destroying mushrooms and causing a housing shortage for the Smurfs...)

WOTR I downloaded the show with my spiffy C2C Insider account. I think I can share the MP3s with you through Google Docs if you have a gmail account. PM me and let me know and I'll try it.

(and LOL at the Smurf conspiracy theory)

Nebraska888

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on February 18, 2013, 07:55:18 PM

But it was Ian who announced his retirement, not George. It would make sense as well as being common courtesy for Wells to be the one to announce a change in his hosting schedule if that's what's happening. Noory's Friday schedule has been shrinking over the past year with a lot of fill-ins by Wells and Simone, and sometimes Knapp. It also makes sense that he might be turning Friday, or at least a Friday rotation over to Wells. We'll just have to wait and see.

Uhmmmm.....very valid observation!  I soooo hope your are right!

Juan Cena

Quote from: Meanandnasty on February 18, 2013, 04:43:49 PM
You are wrong.  Noory is now spare change.  The tide is turning and J.B. is at the helm.  Noory is walking the plank.  Bon Voyage Jorgie!
For your retirement Haogie has a cruise ship lined up for you, the one he was on this winter.

Wasn't the ship RCH took that cruise on the Carnival Triumph? isn't that what RCH suggested Friday?