A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

ziznak

I'll still download and listen to last nights offering but I'm afraid it's going to be one of those "background" noise shows

Nebraska888

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 06, 2012, 10:42:53 AM
I tried to stay up and listen to the Mlodinow "interview", but gave up because of Wells' incessant, rambling attempts to sound like the intellectual peer of the guest while doing his I'm-sooo-cool act.  Even without the fringe politics, he's worse than Noory.  Much worse. I wish to hell there was something else to listen to late nights. Wells should go back to to doing voice overs for commercials.

I have to agree here.....I want to like Wells, but his "act" is annoying!  On Saturdays I try to catch some of  Art's old programs from 8 to midnight....then fall asleep during Wells.

Unfortunately, we have Noory tonight.  I love our little reprieves on Sundays when we have Knapp or Punnett.

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 06, 2012, 09:19:35 AM
Just because Wells sucks so much, doesn't mean he beats Noory. We should hate Noory more because he set the stage for an ass like Wells to come through. Art would not have had this type of environment. I don't know if Noory had a hand in hiring this guy, but if he did, or even if he said "yup. he's great!" it makes me dislike Noory more.

Then again, Art Bell wasn't great in talent selection either - Mike Seagel, Whitney Strieber, Ian Punnett, George Knapp, George Noory...  A couple of them seem ok sometimes, but really it's only in comparison to the others.. 

The ones that did fewer shows seemed better, at least a little better, Hilly Rose, Barbara Simpson, Rollye James

WOTR

Quote from: Lovely Bones on May 06, 2012, 07:56:56 AM
Michael asks so little of us, WOTR.  Is it too much to ask that you hate Noory more than all others? 

I think not.
You are, of course, correct.  I repent and return to my Noory hating ways.  I now dislike him as much (or possibly more than) Wells.  Either really is not worth listening to.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: WOTR on May 07, 2012, 12:23:42 AM
You are, of course, correct.  I repent and return to my Noory hating ways.  I now dislike him as much (or possibly more than) Wells.  Either really is not worth listening to.

Just trying to protect you, WOTR, lest you be thought of as a Noory-loving troll for your previous "soft on Simple Georgie" comments.   ;)

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 06, 2012, 12:19:00 PM

Then again, Art Bell wasn't great in talent selection either - Mike Seagel, Whitney Strieber, Ian Punnett, George Knapp, George Noory...  A couple of them seem ok sometimes, but really it's only in comparison to the others.. 

The ones that did fewer shows seemed better, at least a little better, Hilly Rose, Barbara Simpson, Rollye James

Barbara Simpson better than Ian and Knapp?

Uh.  Okay. 

Quote from: Lovely Bones on May 07, 2012, 09:19:16 AM
Barbara Simpson better than Ian and Knapp?

Uh.  Okay.

Well, I never had to turn it off because the guest was yet another lame obvious fraud (most of Knapp's shows), or wanted to reach thru the radio to choke her for being an ass (like with Ian).

Usagi

I just realized how it is I feel when Wells is on...

b_dubb

Usagi ... love the new avatar

John Wells is like a mentally challenged version of Ted Baxter.
He is pompous without anything meaningful to share.

Usagi

Quote from: b_dubb on May 08, 2012, 02:41:05 PM
Usagi ... love the new avatar

Danke.  In a past life, I was a Vivien Leigh wannabe.

adamapple76

Christ, Wells is a total stoner. Now the paranoia makes complete sense. I have heard him doing bong hits twice in the background as the guest talked.

Zelig

Quote from: adamapple76 on May 09, 2012, 11:37:54 PM
Christ, Wells is a total stoner. Now the paranoia makes complete sense. I have heard him doing bong hits twice in the background as the guest talked.

At least Art was right up front - about his pot smoking...

Oversoul

Quote from: manfromplanedtx on May 09, 2012, 08:44:55 PM
John Wells is like a mentally challenged version of Ted Baxter.
He is pompous without anything meaningful to share.

A pompous ASS, at that, in the style that Noory's a smelly ass.

WOTR

Quote from: Lovely Bones on May 07, 2012, 09:18:17 AM
Just trying to protect you, WOTR, lest you be thought of as a Noory-loving troll for your previous "soft on Simple Georgie" comments.   ;)
I appreciate that.  This is always the problem when you are understated and do not allow your feelings to show through on posts... People often infer that my lack of criticism amounts to praise for George.

Frys Girl

He does have a bit of cotton mouth...

b_dubb

Quote from: adamapple76 on May 09, 2012, 11:37:54 PM
uhhh for realz? can someone post some examples? I'm not going to listen to whole episode to find them

My God this is actually going to be on?!?

Balls to the wall hardcore insanity Saturday

Saturday May 12, 2012
Hosted by John B. Wells
Guest(s): Steve Quayle, Stan Deyo
Author and researcher, Steve Quayle, along with former FBI undercover agent, Stan Deyo, join John B. Wells for four hours of discussion and dissection of current events, pending earth changes, the situation in Fukushima and hope for humanity.

VtaGeezer

How about a pool for when Quayle will start to hyperventilate?  I'll take 2nd half of Hour II.

Eddie Coyle

Steve Quayle's hope for humanity?

That it vanishes. After he gets it's money first.

expat

I'll turn it on, but I'm taking my shotgun to bed. First time Steve Quayle says "The point is, is...." the radio gets both barrels @ point blank.

Rico999

I'd like to know what Quayle's pre-show prep involves.   A six-pack of Red Bull?  A few big hits off the crank pipe?  And a quadruple shot from his local coffee kiosk? 

Whatever it is, it sure dries him out because you can tell he's "spitting cotton," toward the end of a segment.  I'm leaning toward a mix of the Red Bull and crank....

I don't think theres' any question that he's lunatic and all those drugs over the years have only increased his level of fear and paranoia.  He's saying much of the same old shit he did ten years ago, but again, his lifestyle has taken it's toll.   He's a mess.

I'm waiting for Wells to call him "a rational man."

I hope someone gets through and calls his ass out.  It's funny to hear him get indignant at anyone who'd have the nerve to criticize him... (Probably like Noory gets with his staff when they try to tell him the truth about something trivial).

ziznak

may actually listen to the show while it airs tonight... see how long i can stay awake

VtaGeezer

Listening to Deyo give his bio...I must look foolish listening to the radio while wearing hip boots.

Morgus

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 12, 2012, 11:28:09 PM
Listening to Deyo give his bio...I must look foolish listening to the radio while wearing hip boots.
Stan Deyo was an interesting fellow when he first called in to Art Bell in the mid 1990s while he was still hiding out in Perth, Australia.
Just like Bob Lazar, Deyo also claimed to have been recruited by Dr. Edward Teller for ultra-secret anti-gravity research work.

astroguy

Quote from: Morgus on May 12, 2012, 11:37:24 PM
Stan Deyo was an interesting fellow when he first called in to Art Bell in the mid 1990s while he was still hiding out in Perth, Australia.
Just like Bob Lazar, Deyo also claimed to have been recruited by Dr. Edward Teller for ultra-secret anti-gravity research work.

I heard that first interview a few months ago from an ancient episode I downloaded.

And why can't I be recruited for ultra-secret anti-gravity research?  I actually have a degree in physics. :(

michio

Quayle said Fukushima was "no accident." Depopulation, Illuminiti, J.H.C., and more! Anyone who says anything contrary to Steve's brain farts is out to obscure and cover the truth.  I envision Wells sitting at his microphone listening to Quayle hyper-rant, and looking like a bobblehead doll in the back window of an auto traversing a bumpy road.

gs2offroad

jbw: "this is not paranoia, this is just information."

Zircon

I like his style. Not on often enough. He should be the next primary host of Coast to Coast. I also like the separate bumper music they play during live programming. Techo, ambient and soothing stuff where you can actually think of things while it plays. Aids in mental flow. Actually think the tunes they play when the announcer gives out all of those phone numbers kind of sucks.

astroguy

Quote from: gs2offroad on May 12, 2012, 11:58:09 PM
jbw: "this is not paranoia, this is just information."

Paranoid information ;).  As in, paranoia and information are not mutually exclusive, Jerky Bastard Wells.