A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: awake on February 14, 2014, 08:50:05 AM
OK, if you all knew this the whole time and it just clicked for me then well, crap.... 

So JBW is really into his faux brit stuff correct?  I watch the U.K. version of Top Gear and on that show, they destroy motorhomes but they refer to them as caravans.  The new JBW podcast, Caravan to Midnight, has sounded sorta like it was recorded near a truck stop (when I first heard #2 I commented on it and another poster has as well).

A caravan is an Arabian group of travellers using camels who went on trade routes together as a defence against bandits. In the UK a towed shed on wheels is known as a caravan; A motorhome is what you call an RV, from really small to huge things.

I suspect JBW is using 'caravan' in the original meaning. A collection of traders (or audience) on its travels from one place to another using their safety in numbers to deter bandits ('them')...just a theory. Incidentally, is faux the new fake?

Shed on wheels, AKA Caravan.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: b_dubb on February 14, 2014, 09:01:21 AM
John B Wells and the Caravan to Mudd Butt

What does the B stand for? Beauregard?

Belch....but he doesn't want to talk about it..

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 14, 2014, 09:03:30 AM
A caravan is an Arabian group of travellers using camels who went on trade routes together as a defence against bandits. In the UK a towed shed on wheels is known as a caravan; A motorhome is what you call an RV, from really small to huge things.

I suspect JBW is using 'caravan' in the original meaning. A collection of traders (or audience) on its travels from one place to another using their safety in numbers to deter bandits ('them')...just a theory. Incidentally, is faux the new fake?

Top Gear can't be beat. Great show. I suspect you are correct that JBW is thinking about the camel version of a caravan. But from the sound of the show it would make sense if he was broadcasting from the modern version.

awake

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 14, 2014, 09:03:30 AM

come on man, he LOOOVES the u.k. stuff, he throws around lorry and lift and flat and all the phrases he knows 'mericans recognize as being british.  PLEASE let him be broadcasting from a 1970's Winnebago on the side of a dusty Texas road.  Can you do that for me?  I will NEVER ask you for anything ever again!

Oh, and i know the traditional meaning of caravan, but thanks for definition. lol!

albrecht

Listening to the show with some rabbi (Rabbi Steve) whose theory is that the Vatican is apparently the root of all evil and is using Islam against the Jews in order to get the Holy Lands back. He even claimed that the RCC created Mohammed and Islam! The usual stuff about the Jesuits being the secret police and the Vatican having the largest intelligence operation. But they also have all the gold! JWB chimed in that "Putin is an Orthodox Catholic". What? Rabbi Steve also claims that Joe Biden is the real president (because he is catholic.) Also the Jesuits killed Kennedy (even though JFK was catholic?)  This Rabbi also goes over the history of the modern founding of Israel but doesn't even mention Balfour Declaration and glosses over the terrorism against the British, and others, as just "campaigns". Anyway, it was a welcome change from the usual theories that the "jews" control all the banks, have the gold, manipulate our leaders, etc. Now we know it is all the Catholics after all!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: awake on February 14, 2014, 09:51:53 AM
come on man, he LOOOVES the u.k. stuff, he throws around lorry and lift and flat and all the phrases he knows 'mericans recognize as being british.  PLEASE let him be broadcasting from a 1970's Winnebago on the side of a dusty Texas road.  Can you do that for me?  I will NEVER ask you for anything ever again!

It isn't exactly like a Winnebago, but, well it's all I could manage to afford after a collection... And it can be parked up on a road somewhere, again, not Texas, but I promise it's the UK.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on February 14, 2014, 09:27:16 AM
Top Gear can't be beat. Great show.

Not sure you'll have it yet in the US, but last sunday's show had the new McClaren P1 in Belgium and ending up at Spa racing circuit. Incredible thing..back in the studio Hammond pointed out that later they'll be testing the to be released Porsche hybrid supercar (like the P1), and it could be faster than the P1...Clarkson has bet him that if the German offering is faster, he'll change his name by deed poll to Jennifer.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 14, 2014, 10:49:50 AM
Not sure you'll have it yet in the US, but last sunday's show had the new McClaren P1 in Belgium and ending up at Spa racing circuit. Incredible thing..back in the studio Hammond pointed out that later they'll be testing the to be released Porsche hybrid supercar (like the P1), and it could be faster than the P1...Clarkson has bet him that if the German offering is faster, he'll change his name by deed poll to Jennifer.
I'll need to check that out. My favorite of all time is the series in which they try to kill a Nissan Hilux, even though it got Jeremy (soon to be Jennifer) in trouble from the environmentalists because he drove it into a tree. Classic episodes.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on February 14, 2014, 11:00:19 AM
I'll need to check that out. My favorite of all time is the series in which they try to kill a Nissan Hilux, even though it got Jeremy (soon to be Jennifer) in trouble from the environmentalists because he drove it into a tree. Classic episodes.
Clarkson is a strange animal really. I have a good friend who grew up with him in Doncaster, and told me that if their 'gang' (of which Clarkson wasn't a member) met Clarkson's gang, Clarkson ran away! But other than that Clarkson is also very well read, very intelligent and fairly forthright on various things. He's also deeply patriotic and has immense respect for our armed services and if you look on YT, he presented a wonderful pair of documentaries: One about the Victoria cross, and also one about the joint RN/commando raid on St Nazaire.

awake

Quote from: bateman on February 12, 2014, 08:49:32 PM
"A health theme, all week!" ... This is different from C2C how?

http://youtu.be/dLIBYPlDW68

And it's been a busy couple of weeks, I have a few hours in the can I'll post pretty soon.

Bateman, I meant to thank for posting this earlier but Thank You for daring to be forever linked by google to this program.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 14, 2014, 11:30:36 AM
Clarkson is a strange animal really. I have a good friend who grew up with him in Doncaster, and told me that if their 'gang' (of which Clarkson wasn't a member) met Clarkson's gang, Clarkson ran away! But other than that Clarkson is also very well read, very intelligent and fairly forthright on various things. He's also deeply patriotic and has immense respect for our armed services and if you look on YT, he presented a wonderful pair of documentaries: One about the Victoria cross, and also one about the joint RN/commando raid on St Nazaire.

Funny, I'll have to check out those docs. My favorite quote when he accept the honorary degree to the consternation of the Guardian and the anger of the environmentalists:
"But I refuse to turn down my name because that would yet be another victory for environmentalism, which has given the world nothing, over engineering, which has given the world everything."

bigchucka

So... there's four shows on YouTube. That all he's done, or did anymore not get posted, or what's the deal?  Anyone know?

Tardis

There are only 4 shows posted on his website yet two shows listed with past dates that don't have audio or video files linked so I don't know if they weren't done, or just not posted.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 14, 2014, 11:30:36 AM

didn't you tell me once you went to school with slow?

Clarkson is a bit of a douche, saying things often only to be controversial, but has made some brilliant tv. The two docs you mention are great, I also really liked his show about Brunel.   Isambard Kingdom Brunel - Jeremy Clarkson Pt1 ~ 6

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Threaten the Hoover on February 16, 2014, 08:31:11 AM
didn't you tell me once you went to school with slow?

Yes, same year at school. Excellent pianist, and fairly mechanically minded.

Clarkson is a bit of a douche, saying things often only to be controversial, but has made some brilliant tv. The two docs you mention are great, I also really liked his show about Brunel.   Isambard Kingdom Brunel - Jeremy Clarkson Pt1 ~ 6

Yes, excellent.

Look for Mr. Wells to show up on DM soon......

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on February 17, 2014, 12:10:51 PM
Look for Mr. Wells to show up on DM soon......
You may very well be right...

pyewacket

Hello- I'm new to your forum. I wish that I had found you before I subscribed to CTM for the 3 month instalment. I was tired of Noory's Milquetoast style and tuned in to John on Saturdays for what I thought was a more engaged hosting style. I admit, it was on in the background and I might have missed some of the nuances reflecting John's true style.

I have watched/listened to all that John posted on CTM. I'm impressed, but not in a good way! I'm not sure if his initial clips are still there or not, but I remember him saying that it was important to research guests because a host could ruin their reputation by having the wrong sort on their show. I could not agree more! Why didn't he follow that advice? I paused the shows to look up names mentioned as sources and quickly realized that this was no quality show. I don't know if he's having a hard time finding good guests or if this reveals his real point of view- but it's not for me. I feel foolish for signing up, luckily, it's the least amount offered. LOL Took a peek at the comments section on the CTM FB page it appears that his show does appeal to the confirmation bias of some people out there.

Caveat Emptor!  :)     

onan

Quote from: pyewacket on February 17, 2014, 03:08:49 PM
Hello- I'm new to your forum. I wish that I had found you before I subscribed to CTM for the 3 month instalment. I was tired of Noory's Milquetoast style and tuned in to John on Saturdays for what I thought was a more engaged hosting style. I admit, it was on in the background and I might have missed some of the nuances reflecting John's true style.

I have watched/listened to all that John posted on CTM. I'm impressed, but not in a good way! I'm not sure if his initial clips are still there or not, but I remember him saying that it was important to research guests because a host could ruin their reputation by having the wrong sort on their show. I could not agree more! Why didn't he follow that advice? I paused the shows to look up names mentioned as sources and quickly realized that this was no quality show. I don't know if he's having a hard time finding good guests or if this reveals his real point of view- but it's not for me. I feel foolish for signing up, luckily, it's the least amount offered. LOL Took a peek at the comments section on the CTM FB page it appears that his show does appeal to the confirmation bias of some people out there.

Caveat Emptor!  :)   

Welcome, have fun. Tomorrow is JB Wells pole dancing class.

pyewacket

pyewacket

Quote from: onan on February 17, 2014, 03:22:28 PM
IOU's will be fine.

LOL= looks like the shows are IOUs, too. People are asking when the next show will be posted and why he isn't posting any updates.

bateman

Quote from: pyewacket on February 17, 2014, 04:40:58 PM
LOL= looks like the shows are IOUs, too. People are asking when the next show will be posted and why he isn't posting any updates.

Doing a daily show is a LOT of work. I'm thinking he's having trouble booking guests, especially considering he's already had the Carnivora guy on..

b_dubb

CTM might be one of those scams where they really oversell it at the beginning and then falls apart.  After everyone has paid. 

He's winding down.  And counting his money.

bateman

Quote from: b_dubb on February 17, 2014, 05:14:49 PM
CTM might be one of those scams where they really oversell it at the beginning and then falls apart.  After everyone has paid. 

He's winding down.  And counting his money.

Yeah, I really don't think he intended to screw it all up, but he probably bit off waaaay more than he could chew.

bigchucka

DM as in DMRN?  If Art was active to bring in listeners/ ad revenue, possibly.

pyewacket

Quote from: bateman on February 17, 2014, 05:18:30 PM

Yeah, I really don't think he intended to screw it all up, but he probably bit off waaaay more than he could chew.

I don't doubt that it is a great deal of work and that the show prep alone puts anyone under pressure. I didn't mean any disrespect to those of you who do produce your own shows. Not sure if potential guests shy away because of any conflict. I'm not familiar with the business but it appears that he may be overwhelmed and not as ready as he needs to be. I do feel kinda bad for him.

b_dubb

JBW should have asked himself "What would Rusty Humphries do in this situation?"

bigchucka

I just hope that when the white hats don't get paid, they don't turn into black hats and take people's credit card information....

bateman

Quote from: b_dubb on February 17, 2014, 05:37:35 PM
JBW should have asked himself "What would Rusty Humphries do in this situation?"

Hahahahahaha