A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Jackstar

I was going to come post this, and someone already did, good times!

Strange Universe Sean David Morton -John B Wells Guest

I don't know why the other one is shorter.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 07, 2013, 07:42:47 AM
Great find, and wow quite the commentary on recent events from Wells

Do he does a Bell impression, too..

If you listen to the rest of the show, he goes off into a wild tangent about praying so we don't get destroyed before 2020

I'm an atheist --- or, an angosto-panentheist, more like it --- but I must admit I prayed like a little girl for a pony once I heard Wells's soul-stirringly beautiful message on Strange Universe. God bless 'em, that ol' deep-voiced gargoyle of FAITH!

Curious... Wells first says Art quit cuz he couldn't stream the show for free, then goes on about how Art is a worn-art legend a la Willie Mays bumbling about in left field.  Wells isn't fit to carry Art's friggin' jockstrap.  You have a job, unWells, because Art created the show that you are now ruining.  In your own words, "I'm sorry, but" that's the way it is.  What little bell was Art ringing (in reference to how Art is now like Walter Winchell on television)?  Do you think at all before opening your piehole?

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 07, 2013, 01:51:44 PM

I'm an atheist --- or, an angosto-panentheist, more like it --- but I must admit I prayed like a little girl for a pony once I heard Wells's soul-stirringly beautiful message on Strange Universe. God bless 'em, that ol' deep-voiced gargoyle of FAITH!

It's funny you say that.. when Wells is on Coast, he is tame compared to his appearances on other shows like the one linked, and Alex Jones' program..
He must be censoring himself quite a bit on Saturday--and now Sunday--night..

grano salis

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 03, 2013, 08:33:14 AM
You know, Steve, I just haven`t seen it. There`s a lot of speculation, embellishment, coincidences, etc., but nothing compelling what-so-ever.

I, like most people (especially my fellow Kennedy-Democrats), didn`t want to believe that a lone kook was capable of destroying Camelot. Well, he was. And he did. And all the evidence proves it beyond a reasonable doubt.

There is one interesting factoid that really threw a wet blanket on the majority of CTs involving Jack Ruby; generally speaking, he is a central character in most theories. Ruby was a known dog-lover, and he especially loved his dog, Sheba. The day Ruby shot Oswald, Ruby took Sheba with him and left her in a car a block away while he walked to the Dallas Police station. Had Ruby planned to kill Oswald that morning, there s no way Ruby would have left Sheba in the car. Dog lovers understand what I`m talking about.

Except, that Ruby was a delusional nut case who always carried his gun with him, according to some of his ex-employees. 

grano salis

Quote from: Noorynoid on November 03, 2013, 09:06:47 AM
The day JFK was murdered I was standing exactly 20 meters from the south entrance to my jr high school's cafeteria. I had just exited the building after band practice (I played the trumpet). A girl approached me and said, "Did you hear? The President's been killed"

Today I live 2 blocks from the old school and  still think about that day, it's like forever burned into my brain like a picture frozen in time. I still have the trumpet with a Kennedy sticker on the case too. It's an Elkhart trumpet with a missing middle key (some kid stole it)

wow.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 09, 2013, 02:46:23 PM
It's funny you say that.. when Wells is on Coast, he is tame compared to his appearances on other shows like the one linked, and Alex Jones' program..
He must be censoring himself quite a bit on Saturday--and now Sunday--night..

You should hear his interview with SDM if you haven't already:

Sean David Morton/John B Wells - 05 Nov 2013

it's a hoot

karios8

Tonight's show: Fukushima is BAD, worse than we thought, getting worse by the day, so check out caravantomidnight.com and buy stuff.

valdez

Quote from: karios8 on November 09, 2013, 08:58:05 PM
Tonight's show: Fukushima is BAD...

Thankfully David Blume spent some time discussing the alcohol fuel thing, which I always find fascinating, otherwise it was all Fukushima with Arnie Gundersen, Dr. John Apsley, and Steven Starr.  I can't believe how much I don't care about this.  I think it's just my default reaction to any and all environmental concerns.  And it doesn't help that Wells has been flogging this forever.  That "Peek-A-Boo" song by Devo must have been their mescaline period.  Odd.

RedMichael

I imagine Wells is the guy you make an effort to avoid because unless you flat out tell him to stop he will assume you want to hear the crazy bs he talks about.

FallenSeraph

Gawd damn, I thought his interview w/SDM was awesome. Wish he was a little more lively like that on C2C.

Also liked it when SDM compared Diane Sawyer to a drunken beagle.

I don't like Wells on general principles, but now I despise him for going off on Art Bell who made the show that Wells fell into undeservedly when Ian left. Wells can't carry Art's jockstrap as WOTR says, much less build a phenomena like C2C. For a prayin' man, he has a lot to learn about false pride and humility. Oh, the irony.

ItsOver

Quote from: valdez on November 10, 2013, 06:33:25 AM
    ... I can't believe how much I don't care about this.  I think it's just my default reaction to any and all environmental concerns.  And it doesn't help that Wells has been flogging this forever...

I listened a little last night, without actually gagging.  Fukushima is a mess.  Remember Kaku on the premier of that "old show" Dark Matter discussing it?  Even he was chortling in disbelief.

At least Wells gets to push his Geiger counters.  ::)

Nebraska888

Another HORRIBLY DEPRESSING SATURDAY NIGHT WITH WELLS.  I listened to 30 minutes and got so depressed about Fukishima and our planet that I had to turn it off.  However, that's what I do most Saturday nights.  It's the one friggin' night that people can generally sleep in the next a.m. and Wells has RUINED it with DOOM AND GLOOM.    :-\

Ravenna

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 08, 2013, 12:44:16 PM
Curious... Wells first says Art quit cuz he couldn't stream the show for free, then goes on about how Art is a worn-art legend a la Willie Mays bumbling about in left field.  Wells isn't fit to carry Art's friggin' jockstrap.  You have a job, unWells, because Art created the show that you are now ruining.  In your own words, "I'm sorry, but" that's the way it is.  What little bell was Art ringing (in reference to how Art is now like Walter Winchell on television)?  Do you think at all before opening your piehole?

So do I have this correct?  John B. Wells said this last night about Art Bell?  I didn't hear it, even though I listened to an hour and a half of the show (that second guest nearly put me to sleep with his theories about alcohol power).

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Ravenna on November 10, 2013, 04:51:30 PM
So do I have this correct?  John B. Wells said this last night about Art Bell?  I didn't hear it, even though I listened to an hour and a half of the show (that second guest nearly put me to sleep with his theories about alcohol power).

He said this on the Sean David Morton interview:

Sean David Morton/John B Wells - 05 Nov 2013

It's sometime after the 27 minute mark.

yumyumtree

So Sean David Morton is out of prison now, evidently.

There is a sky-car like  vehicle on display at the Museum of Flight in Seattle. I look at it every time I go down there. There are two mannequins dressed in circa 1960s clothing in it. I'm sure that there are fundamental differences between it and this guy's invention but to a lay person it looks like the same concept.

For some reason, another sleepless night led me to the radio.
The highlight was hour four when a caller asked Wells during "open lines" how Art Bell was doing. The caller expressed an actual bit of worry in his voice asking if Art was ok in the Philippines after the storm.
Wells said something to the effect that he is 'not so sure' Art is in the Philippines, and then quickly changed the subject to how large the storm was. Surprisingly, he did not accuse any government, at this point at least, of creating the storm...

My only curiosity was that, since we know open lines aren't open, why the call screener allowed the call about Bell to get through?

Mastodonkey

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 11, 2013, 08:12:22 AM

My only curiosity was that, since we know open lines aren't open, why the call screener allowed the call about Bell to get through?

Maybe he told the screener he was gonna say a certain thing then said something else on air.. thats what I would do anyway.

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 11, 2013, 08:40:29 AM
Maybe he told the screener he was gonna say a certain thing then said something else on air.. thats what I would do anyway.

I would typically believe that.. but this guy sounded sincere, elderly, and thoroughly out of the loop concerning Art's brief gig on satellite radio

RedMichael

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 11, 2013, 08:12:22 AM

They cherry pick the worst of the bunch. The ones that will make Wells look spontaneous and hip. If they let whomever called on the air with Wells he would get destroyed. There is just not much going on inside his head.

Whoa, whoa, what???

John B Smells actually put Sean David Morton on the air?

Now I hate this right-wing douchebag even more.

Edit: went on Morton's show....still mind blowing. Some cred you have, Wells.

FM451

This Saturday Night, the Mothership  will be hovering over Dealey Plaza; Conspiracy Radio is on the manifest, as John B. Wells hosts author Roger Stone. Topic: JFK and LBJ.  Stone will try to lay out the case that Lyndon Johnson manipulated the situation in Dallas on November 22, 1963.

CJJames

I can't stand JBW's paranoia, his drone voice, or his neverending desire to blame govnt for everything.

Quote from: CJJames on November 16, 2013, 12:59:52 PM
I can't stand JBW's paranoia, his drone voice, or his neverending desire to blame govnt for everything.

Well, CJ, as you probably well know, fear sells.  Clinton wanted to impose martial law and make himself president for life...  GWB, of course, wanted the same (as does Obama now).  The government is going to take our guns and stuff us like so many sardines into FEMA trailers...  Lizard men from the planet Sardos IV have been in the halls of power here since the late 40's.

Simmer over a low heat, being sure to stir constantly.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 16, 2013, 01:12:43 PM
Well, CJ, as you probably well know, fear sells.  Clinton wanted to impose martial law and make himself president for life...  GWB, of course, wanted the same (as does Obama now).  The government is going to take our guns and stuff us like so many sardines into FEMA trailers...  Lizard men from the planet Sardos IV have been in the halls of power here since the late 40's.

Simmer over a low heat, being sure to stir constantly.

That's the sort of disinfo (that's the offiicial title) that causes wars man!!! You know it's Sardos Zanfghty V; how many more fucking times!

ItsOver

Quote from: CJJames on November 16, 2013, 12:59:52 PM

And his pretentious references to a cup of tea and awful fake accent.  I wouldn't blame Yorkshire pud if he revived the Revolutionary War to due grievous sophomoric fouls against British culture.  ;)

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 11, 2013, 09:29:34 AM
I would typically believe that.. but this guy sounded sincere, elderly, and thoroughly out of the loop concerning Art's brief gig on satellite radio

The true test is whether he asked Wells to pray for Goatsy.  ;)

ItsOver

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on November 16, 2013, 02:18:56 PM
And his pretentious references to a cup of tea and awful fake accent.  I wouldn't blame Yorkshire pud if he revived the Revolutionary War to due grievous sophomoric fouls against British culture.  ;)

You see because I'm a Yorkshire man, I can see the quaint nod to the motherland from the colonialists, and it's met with a smile normally reserved for a little boy hitting the pan rather than his laces.. England is near Yorkshire..

It's amusing listening to various American accents trying to do an English accent; especially when it's called 'British'. Forgetting Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Having said that some can hit a generic received 'BBC' English accent. Most appalling was Dick Van Dyke in anything where he was trying to reproduce anything within a 100 miles of London.

I have a few US friends, and I've sort of noted the differences in accents between states, and some of the intonations are obvious, and I'm sure  many/most on here could narrow down to a state or narrower rather than a region as I would. (A region that takes in about 4 billion square miles!)  ;D