A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

ItsOver

Quote from: Nebraska888 on October 13, 2013, 11:14:45 AM

YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!   ;)

I'm so glad Art's back.  The first part of the month was really getting depressing without him.

onan

I really am surprised anyone is listening to c2c. Amazes me.

Nebraska888

I do listen to Coast.  I always have my bedroom CCrane radio on Coast at midnight (unless Wells is on).  I enjoy many of the guests......and, if they're good, they take over and Noory shuts up!    8)

I don't have Sirius in my home.....just my Jeep.  However, I catch the programs on YOU TUBE.

WOTR

Quote from: Nebraska888 on October 13, 2013, 08:40:42 AM
He has turned Saturday nights into the ALEX JONES PROGRAM.
To be fair to the guy... I think it is actually Alex Jones Lite...
Quote from: UFO Fill on October 13, 2013, 10:24:48 AM
This could be an interesting show in the hands of a good interviewer.  The Dulles brothers (one Secretary of State, the other head of the CIA) did lead us into lots of foreign adventures.
If they could reschedule the guest for next Sunday i would happily listen to Knapp interview him...

RedMichael

Wells will never challenge a guest because he can't. I will go over why he can't and why he is a bad host:

1 )He is not intelligent/witty/whatever you want to call it to be on the ball enough to catch when someone says some BS.

2) I don't even think he listens half the time, when I used to listen I found that the guests and him were sometimes talking about two different things at the same time. Wells just had no idea and the guest wasn't about to burn a bridge correcting him.

3) He does no prep work. I am sure most hosts use a computer while on the air but it seems pretty obvious he picks a news website and reads it word for word for the news then googles what the guest is talking about during the show.

4) He is lazy. The above reasons plus there is nothing about him or his work history (lack of) that leads me to believe this is a guy committed to anything he does. Challenging a guest would just be too much work.

5) Every other part time host has another job where the hosting is part time. Hosting 5-6 days a month is his full time job and he has been the worst part time host by far. Think about that. Punnet, Knapp, etc had/have full-time jobs outside of radio but still managed to be vastly superior to Wells by every measure aside from the timbre of their voices.  I would like to point out again that it is obvious he does no prep work after the previous sentences.

Finally, he uses C2C as a way to make commissions on his website. You might think "Well all hosts do that!". I thought that too at first, but then I noticed a very large portion of his shows are scheduled around events/books/shows that can somehow tie into stuff he sells. It seems excessive and kinda sad. Sorry, when he only hosts a handful of shows a month, it becomes a little too obvious.

casioson

sounds like wells just knocked over his beer bottle...

Juan

Wells is simply not a good interviewer.  That's not his background - he's always read scripts prepared by someone else. 

This is a curse of corporate media ownership.  The suits do not understand that someone can be very good at one aspect of broadcasting, but terrible at another.  The suits look at Q ratings, which test likeability with an audience.  The suits fail to consider that the Q may not follow a person from one duty to another.  A great example of this is when NBC decided to replace Today Show host Jane Pauley with Deborah Norville.  Pauley was a great interviewer.  Norville had a very high Q rating while reading news from the anchor desk, but turned out to be a lesser interviewer.  Her Q rating dropped like a rock. 

I blame Cheap Channel more than I blame Wells.  However, Wells has had well more than a year to improve, and I see little of that.  I put that on him.

Quote from: Seraphim27 on October 13, 2013, 08:01:30 AM
This.

I actually thought Wells used to be pretty decent back in the day. Now he either sounds bored or like he's sitting there doing bong hits. I listened for a while last night â€" he seemed tuned-out and the guests started to sound like annoying hipsters. I ended up turning it off and listening to the GIS show again on On Demand.

Kind of bummed. He's got a great voice. Maybe he's realized he's on a sinking ship of pizza rolls and has given up all hope.

I will also admit I was a little happy he was around when he first started. There was something refreshing about him. Then...he took the show political.. he took the show down.. He ruined Saturdays.
He still plays cool music.

I sure ain't gonna stay up til one in the morning to listen to cool music though....

Nebraska888

Quote from: HorrorReporter on October 14, 2013, 01:00:32 PM
I will also admit I was a little happy he was around when he first started. There was something refreshing about him. Then...he took the show political.. he took the show down.. He ruined Saturdays.
He still plays cool music.

Agreed.  When he went on his "Crazy Train".........I couldn't take it anymore and so I go back to  Art Bell broadcasts on You Tube.  Saturdays suck so much now.  And, how sad because that's generally a night that Coast fans could stay up and really enjoy a great Coast program. 

rangerdavid

Quote from: Cynnie on October 11, 2013, 10:12:36 AM
Welles is a boring asshat who loves the sound of his own voice

^^this^^

b_dubb

What is a Welles? What is a Coast to Coast?

Noory sucks

FM451

This Saturday, John B Welles hosting, the Mothership dumps it cargo of Conspiracy Radio, and flies in with a manifest of Paranormal Topics. It's those Men in Black and Alien Implants. Topics more to my liking!

Juan Cena

Quote from: FM451 on October 18, 2013, 08:57:58 AM
This Saturday, John B Welles hosting, the Mothership dumps it cargo of Conspiracy Radio, and flies in with a manifest of Paranormal Topics. It's those Men in Black and Alien Implants. Topics more to my liking!

I'm sure Welles will find a way to twist it into his usual anti-Obama conspiracy spank routine.

FM451

If JBW follows and expands on what was covered in the syndicated show He narrates ("Unsealed"), it could be a good show....

FallenSeraph

Quote from: FM451 on October 18, 2013, 02:16:21 PM
If JBW follows and expands on what was covered in the syndicated show He narrates ("Unsealed"), it could be a good show....

I agree

Designx

Is Wells starting the program on a cell phone?

Quote from: Designx on October 19, 2013, 11:13:53 PM

Yes, and a crappy connection it is. How unprofessional.

This first hour is nothing more than a glorified Carnivora commercial.

michio

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on October 19, 2013, 11:22:12 PM
This first hour is nothing more than a glorified Carnivora commercial.

And a verbal masturbatory spectacular of the hard of thinking.

Noorynoid

Art would have described the ISDN line audio problem in detail but that's Art and John B Wells is not.

Quote from: Noorynoid on October 19, 2013, 11:30:46 PM
Art would have described the ISDN line audio problem in detail but that's Art and John B Wells is not.

Art would have either canceled the program or would have played a best of until the problem was fixed.

ziznak

taking in my first coast show in well over a week.  technically this means I'm still keeping with my latest Noory free streak! 

Quote from: Crystal on October 19, 2013, 11:37:58 PM
OMG:GMO

OMG!  Coincidence?

Have you been sharing bong hits with The Breather again?

Heather Wade

Quote from: Designx on October 19, 2013, 11:13:53 PM

My anger is strictly pointed at John B. Wells when I ask:  What the fuck is the world coming to when hosts call in on a damn cell phone!!?!?!  >:(  And doesn't anyone (lookin' at you Wells) remember that you get high before & after work, but not during???

Eddie Coyle

At least Ian's cell phone show was from the scene of a car wreck.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 19, 2013, 11:51:24 PM
      At least Ian's cell phone show was from the scene of a car wreck.

What a coincidence. Wells's cellphone was transmitting from the scene of a train wreck.

Quote from: Crystal on October 19, 2013, 11:51:44 PM
Who is the breather?  If I knew then, perhaps.

This thread's namesake, Johnny B., is affectionately known as The Breather due to his on-air respiratory gymnastics.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on October 19, 2013, 11:53:54 PM
What a coincidence. Wells's cellphone was transmitting from the scene of a train wreck.

Riding that train, high on Cocaine...and Canivora.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 19, 2013, 11:58:28 PM
    Riding that train, high on Cocaine...and Canivora.

I'm not sure if Eric Clapton wants any part of the sinking mothership.