A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Ms. Stewart's book is 130 pages long and sells for $34.38. Check out her bio from Amazon. Doesn't resemble the woman I just heard on the radio.

Editorial Reviews
About the Author
Child prodigy, prolific writer, poet and creative genius are just a few of the terms used to describe Sophia Stewart. Stewart enters the City University of New York and received her Bachelor of Arts Degree in journalism and minors in law and psychology. While attending the University, she studied under the guidance of many celebrated authors and writers such as; Max Segal a former journalist of the New York Times. Publisher, editor, essayist, and critic, Emile Capouya, and Paul Cherry, a playwright for Broadway. She, also, served as an intern for television at the Public Broadcasting Station WNET Thirteen, where she worked with Oscar winning film documentary producer, Perry Miller Adato. Her graduating class was honored with a special letter/citation from President Jimmy Carter. In 1979, her love and skills for writing motivated her to move from New York to Los Angeles where she studied cinema at the University of Southern California (USC). It was there she had the opportunity to study film under the auspices of producer Leon Roth; father of Eric Roth, screenwriter of the movie Forrest Gump. By the early 80’s she had started writing professionally. It was through her association with the entertainer Janet Jackson that she became involved in a special project that enabled her to write her first television scripts entitled “My Special Love” and “Blue Short”. During this period Ms. Stewart also had the opportunity to work at Columbia Pictures in the office of Vice President Dick Berres. It was at Columbia Pictures where Dick Berres supported her aspirations to write and gave Sophia five first draft scripts. One was called “From Here to Eternity”. She is an accomplished award-winning poet who has published over one hundred poems. Stewart, a gifted writer visionary has also worked for individual celebrities who includes former Knick player Dick Barnett, Louis Gossett Jr., and Shelly Winters. Her background is diverse and many of her writings reflect groundbreaking literature that is undeniable before it’s time.

http://www.amazon.com/Matrix-Evolution-Cracking-Genetic-Code/dp/0978539672/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1379224261&sr=1-1

sleeplessinca

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on September 14, 2013, 11:54:28 PM
Re-defining the train wreck. Hats off to The Breather. It is some achievement to make Noory look vaguely competent. Wells is being exposed as the fraud I believe him to be week by week.
That's a bit harsh.  I thought he gave a very gracious bum's rush by saying how much he is looking forward to talking again (not) and blaming a poor connection (he said phone but we know what he really meant).  That's not being a fraud.

yumyumtree

He asked her to come back, though. Maybe that's just a formality.

Heather Wade

What was the point she was trying to make exactly?
I hate speakers who don't have ideas lined out, and a well rounded conclusion to land on.

All she had was a crazy claim about Hollywood, this is California, crazy claims to the high hills of fame are equal to the population, I have no doubt.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on September 15, 2013, 12:00:49 AM
Affirmative! I think that she mentioned the Three Stooges too. The stuff about the Smurfs and the Chipmunks made no sense...until then. Now, it all comes together. ::)
What? No bejeweled self dribbling basketballs or mechanical elves?  I would think they would fit right in.  Oh and Alvin was clearly a prototype for the Terminator.

sleeplessinca

If he plays the long version of Inna godda da vida we know he's punting.

NoMoreNoory

Wells ends with a play straight out of Dave's How To Dump A Guest manual by blaming poor cell phone connection. Bullshit. She was loud and clear. Technically speaking, at least.
And now, back to Dinosaur Rock with John B Wells.

aldousburbank

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 15, 2013, 12:07:23 AM
If he plays the long version of Inna godda da vida we know he's punting.
Luv it!

Chine

Is that it? Is it just open lines here on out?

Quote from: Chine on September 14, 2013, 11:57:02 PM
Follow up suggests she digests the initial questioning. There's no connect. He asked her point blank questions tp initiate delving further. However, she is incapable. He asked a simple question about documenting work, yes? Her reply was about her Native American heritage. There's no hook to lead him further. At all. How can you get her grounded in reality about literary agents, green lights in film. Rights to script when she's floating about 'Visions' ?

So because the guest is less fluent in English than Frankenstein's monster that let's him off the hook Did he ask her about the failed lawsuit? Did he ask her why there is no Matrix 4 listed under development anywhere?

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Chine on September 15, 2013, 12:10:11 AM
Is that it? Is it just open lines here on out?
I think so.  Maybe a good night to turn in early?   :-\

aldousburbank

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 15, 2013, 12:10:37 AM
Good times
Oh gawd yeh. I'm known as the mad DJ around the compound. The long version of IGDV is my warm-up.

aldousburbank

Thanks Onan. The funky black and white tone of the thing makes the flashback vibrate more

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 15, 2013, 12:02:47 AM
That's a bit harsh.  I thought he gave a very gracious bum's rush by saying how much he is looking forward to talking again (not) and blaming a poor connection (he said phone but we know what he really meant).  That's not being a fraud.

Nice to see The Breather has his minions circling the wagons at Bellgab. I hate to break it to you, but Wells is, was, and always will be a talentless moron who isn't qualified to hold Art Bell's microphone.

sleeplessinca

I had a radio show in high school.  8th period.  Called it flip sides only.  There's gold on the B side.

aldousburbank

What's the b side of IGDV?

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on September 15, 2013, 12:02:11 AM
Ms. Stewart's book is 130 pages long and sells for $34.38. Check out her bio from Amazon. Doesn't resemble the woman I just heard on the radio.

Editorial Reviews
About the Author
Child prodigy, prolific writer, poet and creative genius are just a few of the terms used to describe Sophia Stewart. Stewart enters the City University of New York and received her Bachelor of Arts Degree in journalism and minors in law and psychology. While attending the University, she studied under the guidance of many celebrated authors and writers such as; Max Segal a former journalist of the New York Times. Publisher, editor, essayist, and critic, Emile Capouya, and Paul Cherry, a playwright for Broadway. She, also, served as an intern for television at the Public Broadcasting Station WNET Thirteen, where she worked with Oscar winning film documentary producer, Perry Miller Adato. Her graduating class was honored with a special letter/citation from President Jimmy Carter. In 1979, her love and skills for writing motivated her to move from New York to Los Angeles where she studied cinema at the University of Southern California (USC). It was there she had the opportunity to study film under the auspices of producer Leon Roth; father of Eric Roth, screenwriter of the movie Forrest Gump. By the early 80’s she had started writing professionally. It was through her association with the entertainer Janet Jackson that she became involved in a special project that enabled her to write her first television scripts entitled “My Special Love” and “Blue Short”. During this period Ms. Stewart also had the opportunity to work at Columbia Pictures in the office of Vice President Dick Berres. It was at Columbia Pictures where Dick Berres supported her aspirations to write and gave Sophia five first draft scripts. One was called “From Here to Eternity”. She is an accomplished award-winning poet who has published over one hundred poems. Stewart, a gifted writer visionary has also worked for individual celebrities who includes former Knick player Dick Barnett, Louis Gossett Jr., and Shelly Winters. Her background is diverse and many of her writings reflect groundbreaking literature that is undeniable before it’s time.

Matches the woman I just heard precisely. Grandiosity. Over-inflated sense of self-importance. Vagaries. Profile by association. No hard credits. And a punctuational and grammatic mess.

SaucyRossy

Its so funny to me how people don't enjoy open lines on c2c anymore.

A large amount of Art's classic shows are open line shows.....basically, I can't wait til monday.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on September 15, 2013, 12:16:01 AM
Nice to see The Breather has his minions circling the wagons at Bellgab. I hate to break it to you, but Wells is, was, and always will be a talentless moron who isn't qualified to hold Art Bell's microphone.
The Breather.  I like it.  I don't know if he's a mental giant but not a bad pinch hitter.  Purr for me JBW

sleeplessinca

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 15, 2013, 12:18:23 AM
What's the b side of IGDV?
We didn't have anything that old at the station.  IGDV was a whole album side.  Groundbreaking that.

Heather Wade

Wells is a mindless tourist.

This was probably the most entertaining Coast hour in months.

I think John B salvaged everything by playing "In a Gadda da vida" (baby)

aldousburbank

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 15, 2013, 12:21:04 AM
We didn't have anything that old at the station.  IGDV was a whole album side.  Groundbreaking that.
'Twas a trick question. And a reminder that you and I may be relics.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Étouffée on September 15, 2013, 12:22:11 AM
This was probably the most entertaining Coast hour in months.

I think John B salvaged everything by playing "In a Gadda da vida" (baby)
She served up quite a word salad there. 

zeebo

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 14, 2013, 11:57:45 PM
Did she wrap this up with references to the Smurfs and the Chipmunks?

I think she was saying that's what you get when writers are on strike.  I guess Smurfs was a documentary.

Renaldo

Dang, missed the end of the interview! I bet she got all smart and stuff at the end, didn't she?

Thanks for the Amazon link to her body of work. It's got a Look Inside link so you can actually read parts of it... I don't recommend it.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 14, 2013, 11:46:03 PM
Wow.  She's crazy as a shithouse rat.  Who did the pre-interview on this guest?  Anyone?  He's already gone to calls.  ::)

Exactly, did anyone ever possibly consider talking to her in advance. I only tuned in because of the posts here. I lasted about 45 seconds.

My theory. Wells had this guest forced upon him from on high, out of some forced "diversity" attempt. It failed. Now get us some old Englishman to talk about Spring Heeled Jack or something.