A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

NowhereInTime

Quote from: ItsOver on April 12, 2013, 11:59:33 AM

That covers it.  Made for WEBN in Cincinnati.
WEBN is way too cool!  Dawn Patrol with Dennis "Wildman" Walker!  Loved it when I went to Xavier.  No, Wells is a Bizarro version of Dr Johnny Fever.  Stick him on WKRP in Cincinnati!

ItsOver

Quote from: NowhereInTime on April 12, 2013, 12:12:45 PM
WEBN is way too cool!  Dawn Patrol with Dennis "Wildman" Walker!  Loved it when I went to Xavier.  No, Wells is a Bizarro version of Dr Johnny Fever.  Stick him on WKRP in Cincinnati!

Ah, a Muskie.  8)  'EBN....ribbit.  Wells reminds me of a less intelligent, less humorous Dr. Fever.  It would be fine with me to stick FrankenBong on an imaginary radio station.  ;)   

b_dubb

hey neighbor ... these days I'm just North of Dayton. damn. I think I just threw up a little

ItsOver

I'm no longer in the Buckeye state.  Lived in both Cincinnati and Dayton ages ago, as in the last century.  :) 

b_dubb

Oh ... well good for you then ;)

Juan Cena

I just heard Wells, a Premier Radio employee, complain about the consolidation of media control by a few companies.

MTB

Did I just hear him say we don't get much news out of Canada? I'm actually listening to him on CKLW.

Quote from: MTB on April 13, 2013, 11:47:10 PM
Did I just hear him say we don't get much news out of Canada? I'm actually listening to him on CKLW.

Do you disagree?  How many Americans know Canada is their biggest national trading partner, and how often do Americans mention Canada when they talk about their friends and allies?  How many know there are 35 million of us?  Canada is a footnote in the United States.

Hey, its the Hank Hill guy.  I haven't heard him phone in for awhile.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 13, 2013, 11:56:50 PM
Do you disagree?  How many Americans know Canada is their biggest national trading partner, and how often do Americans mention Canada when they talk about their friends and allies?  How many know there are 35 million of us?  Canada is a footnote in the United States.

How many Americans know anything about economics, or anything going on in the world - here or abroad?  Canada shouldn't take it personally.

Wells asked if an algorithm changes over time.  Then he added 'or is it a logarithm that changes over time?'  That was positively Noorian.

edit:  corrected spelling.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 14, 2013, 12:18:13 AM

How many Americans know anything about economics, or anything going on in the world - here or abroad?  Canada shouldn't take it personally.

That's true.  Truthfully I don't even pay attention to Canadian news and I live here.

mombird3

The show sounded good but when the first five minutes gave the sales pitch, I decided to leave.

John B. wants a "dumbass tracker" to be developed. I hope George's mom isn't listening!

And I think John might dislike where such a tracker might lead.

John B.: "All we are doing as a civilization is the same stuff we've been doing, just more of it."

The guests are pushing their app almost every other sentence. Shameless.

This interview has completely derailed.  Wells is becoming hostile towards one guest and the other guest is trying to change the subject by flogging his product.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 14, 2013, 01:53:17 AM
This interview has completely derailed.  Wells is becoming hostile towards one guest and the other guest is trying to change the subject by flogging his product.

You are so right- John B. is really cranky tonight, and one of the guests can't stop shouting. They've also spent swaths of time discussing how to navigate the different app stores. Awful stuff.

RedMichael

Saying gibberish?
Starting a thought one place and ending it somewhere completely unrelated?
Plugging caravantomidnight.com? (Whether directly or a show dealing directly issues that his site can help with! I also think he only takes guests now that will pay him to have them on or give him commission on referrals.)
Guests peddling stuff shamelessly? (yes all guests peddle stuff but you're supposed to learn something other than how to buy something)
Conversations spiraling out of control?

It is a Wells classic tonight!

These guys have basically spent the night hawking their app while simultaneously explaining why they haven't predicted any of the things Wells has asked them about.

MTB

This has been an unmitigated train wreck. It's so bad I started checking movie channel websites to see if there's anything on next weekend I can watch instead of listening. Is it me or are the guests arguing with each other?

Quote from: MTB on April 14, 2013, 02:16:42 AM
This has been an unmitigated train wreck. It's so bad I started checking movie channel websites to see if there's anything on next weekend I can watch instead of listening. Is it me or are the guests arguing with each other?

They argue and then the loudmouth guy capitulates to the other guy, who seems increasingly annoyed. They keep talking over one another and then there is dead air, punctuated by John B's sighs and heavy breathing. John B. can't stand that they keep talking about sports.

I take it the quiet guy does all the work and the loud guy has no expertise but thinks he can promote the hell out of something by yelling enough.  The quiet guy constantly has to try to reign him in and tell him how their app actually works.

It's so bizarre that they keep talking about all the ways their app has technical difficulties; great sales tactic!

MTB

This is starting to sound like an SCTV parody of a paranormal radio show.

Ooh- John B. says in the not too distant future we are all going to find out just how personally invested he is in UFO's- he says "this is not a fake tease, it's a real tease." What could the secret be??

Quote from: MTB on April 14, 2013, 02:28:14 AM

Eugene Levy as the loudmouth guy, Rick Moranis as the other guy, and... Joe Flaherty as Guy Caballero playing John B. Wells.

idk, that's the best I could come up with.

Quote from: MTB on April 14, 2013, 02:28:14 AM

I wish Christopher Guest would use Coast to Coast as the inspiration for one of his "mockumentaries."

Quote from: bootyscoot falcon on April 14, 2013, 02:31:31 AM
Ooh- John B. says in the not too distant future we are all going to find out just how personally invested he is in UFO's- he says "this is not a fake tease, it's a real tease." What could the secret be??

Not sure, but a few months ago he told one of the guests to contact him regarding some mysterious UFO thing he had a big stake in, though he wasn't ready to go public with it until he had this guy on board.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 14, 2013, 02:36:42 AM
Not sure, but a few months ago he told one of the guests to contact him regarding some mysterious UFO thing he had a big stake in, though he wasn't ready to go public with it until he had this guy on board.

Maybe he has found a way to track UFO's with a new radiation detector; I'm sure a product is involved (personal "investment," indeed).