A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Eddie Coyle

I turn on the radio(force of habit) at about 4:10am in the east, and was astounded by this KID, that shitheel Wells had on..."Zionists"-he hasn't "looked into them", but is sure they kill Palestinian children and may have had a hand in 9/11 and the Mosssad faked the yellowcake docs,, the NWO was taking guns away(I'm sure I missed some good false flag talk beforehand), and Kesha is using Illuminati symbolism to subvert society.

I don't know Kesha from Moesha, but I do know this: I'm a fucking jerk for allowing this shit to hit my ears. I spend my days trying in vain to avoid our LCD society, and then willingly put this crud on. Nobody's fault but mine, It's not Wells, it's not Noory...it's ME. My error in judgement to even let myself be exposed to their sub-idiocy.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 23, 2012, 10:23:27 PM....I don't know Kesha from Moesha, but I do know this: I'm a fucking jerk for allowing this shit to hit my ears. I spend my days trying in vain to avoid our LCD society, and then willingly put this crud on. Nobody's fault but mine, It's not Wells, it's not Noory...it's ME. My error in judgement to even let myself be exposed to their sub-idiocy.

What is this taking responsibility for your actions crap? Just who the hell are you to act like an adult? You know you're supposed to bitch and moan about how your life is complete shit because of that birthday when your family tortured you by giving you the chintzy small Skeletor "action figure" instead of the big-ass one. So shape up and start blaming somebody, stat.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on December 24, 2012, 12:35:47 AM
What is this taking responsibility for your actions crap? Just who the hell are you to act like an adult? You know you're supposed to bitch and moan about how your life is complete shit because of that birthday when your family tortured you by giving you the chintzy small Skeletor "action figure" instead of the big-ass one. So shape up and start blaming somebody, stat.

As somebody born exactly 2000 days into the "Me Decade", you're right absolutely right, I clearly erred in that earlier post taking responsibility for my actions and I'm going to blame Craig Kilborn for indirectly giving us John(not) B Wells. Had Kilborn simply stayed at CBS...

Zack

I found last night's show absolutely repulsive and cringe when I think about all those mentally unstable people who heard last night's show.  I wanted to punch the little punk every time he used the word scumbags last night.  I had to turn the show off before the end due to all the suckage.  Should've known after hearing how Wells started off the show with his angry rantings last night.  Where the hell does he find these guests? on Alex Jones fansites??

mombird3

I listened to about 5 minutes of this show. I am tired of hearing this kind of stale and repetitive stuff that they keep telling us. I do not think the Sandy shooting was a conspiracy. That boy needed help. I wonder about the Mother. I do not think it was a false flag shooting.

The problem is the health care and lack of it in this country. Some other site said that the boy did not qualify for help by the government through charity or SSI. So he slipped through the system. But the mother had plenty of money for guns. And I wonder why the family did not seek some kind of help.

As a parent I would do everything I could for my child if he was that sick. But something about the entire story just does not make sense to me. Mental health can be expensive and I know that the police can not do anything unless a crime was done. A hospital can only do a 72 hour hold when there is need for psychiatric help.

It is us, the people who need to demand better ways to help people like this. Obama care will not work. If the insurance companies do not want to pay for mental health issues then we are stuck with this.

I think people are smarter than to believe these things. I hope I am right.

SR-71

Good news, I just checked the c2c web site and Wells is NOT hosting tonight.
Filling in for George, Rob Simone hosts guest(s) TBA in the first half. Followed by Open Lines.
I like Rob Simone. Is this a sign that C2C is falling apart before our eyes.

Sleepwalker

Tonight's Toxic Train wreck:

"In the first half, activist, webmaster, and talk show host Michael Rivero joins John B. Wells for a conversation about media censorship, and how the U.S. government manipulates information to generate support for military conflicts."

Activist, webmaster and talk show host who asks for PayPal "donations" on his website. Pretty amazing credentials, eh? Coast to Coast AM is dead.  I see only one possible cure.

Fire everyone affiliated with the show.  Make George Knapp and/or Dan Aykroyd offers to host a new show.  No more Alex Jones, no more Hoagland, no more self-promoting characters with PayPal donation buttons on their websites.

Kaiborg

Is JBW playing "no more tears" by Ozzy, and calling it "rocket fuel for the soul"?!?!  Rad.  Wow, I tried to shrug off the idea that Wells may be throwing passive-aggressive shots at sNoory, but this is hard to ignore.  Didn't Ian get reprimanded for playing Metallica?  I seriously remember I.P. saying that.  Hopefully he is making a pass at the throne, er, captain's chair  ::)  At lest the bumpers would be a bit more thrilling and rock-n-roll-y. 

The guest seems less than interesting.  This is what C2C has boiled down to for me in recent times... geeking out on bumper music.   

Tonights show  is brilliant.
A wakeup call to those still asleep and probably a snoozer  to those that wish to remain sleeping while the wolves abound.

valdez

So Iran just wants to be left alone? Ducksoup Amadinejad never said Israel should be wiped off the map?  Even the lefty New York Times attributes that quote to him.  There was some stuff I heard that I liked from Micheal Rivero, but painting the Iranians as victims is a few steps beyond my front porch.  Saudi Arabian, AL Fadi, converted from Islam to Christianity and told us of the dangers in sugar coating the "religion of peace."  Indeed.  Wells started off the show with a rambling monologue about Texas, or something, and then he jaggedly proceeded to put on a decent show.

just a misquoted, fun loving, sharp dressing, guy

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Scully on December 23, 2012, 05:02:52 AMWells is as far out on the flagpole as he can get, and he isn't coming back in any time soon.  I don't even turn on the radio on Saturday nights any more.

Agreed. I can't stand him. His fear-mongering and thinly-veiled suggestions to start a civil war scare the hell out of me. You know there are people listening and believing every word he says without questioning any part of it.

Sleepwalker

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on December 30, 2012, 11:14:47 AM
Agreed. I can't stand him. His fear-mongering and thinly-veiled suggestions to start a civil war scare the hell out of me. You know there are people listening and believing every word he says without questioning any part of it.

I am in 100 percent agreement with you.  I have to wonder how many potential Timothy McVeighs are out there listening to him and finding inspiration in his conspiratorial paranoia.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Scully on December 23, 2012, 05:02:52 AM
Wells is as far out on the flagpole as he can get, and he isn't coming back in any time soon.  I don't even turn on the radio on Saturday nights any more.

Spot on. Though after so many years, its habit for me to turn C2C on...but the off button comes fast when Wells is the host.  The sick part it that at least half of his fringe ravings are merely an act to hook the true lunatics.  That the likes of Wells can last an hour on any major station shows that America's in very deep shit. Dark times coming I think.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Sleepwalker on December 30, 2012, 11:45:20 AM
I am in 100 percent agreement with you.  I have to wonder how many potential Timothy McVeighs are out there listening to him and finding inspiration in his conspiratorial paranoia.

I only listen (occasionally) to C2C on the tube, and can't bring myself to subscribe to it (I'm in the uk). But Wells possibly appeals to the hard of thinking that you mention becuase of the effected gravitas when ever he speaks.. "I'm Mr LOOOOOW voice, so you can put your mortgage on what I say; not to mention              the                gaps           for         added                 kappow              to                the             comments. "

Morgus

Quote from: valdez on December 30, 2012, 06:44:36 AMSaudi Arabian, AL Fadi, converted from Islam to Christianity
Whenever Wells said this guest's name it always sounded to me like he called him "el fatty" :D

Quote from: Scully on December 23, 2012, 05:02:52 AM
Wells is as far out on the flagpole as he can get, and he isn't coming back in any time soon.  I don't even turn on the radio on Saturday nights any more.

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on December 30, 2012, 11:14:47 AM

Quote from: Sleepwalker on December 30, 2012, 11:45:20 AM

I'm a card-carrying member of this club.  This nut is beyond scary. 

chad warden

I'm a full time (most quarters) student who works security on weekends at night.  With 12 hour shifts and jack shit to do most the time, I listen to JBW on Saturday nights, though it's really hard to.  I usually don't listen to a show unless the preview summary interests me (it does most the time), but there are many times I turn off JBW midway through the show.  Last night's first guess was actually decent, I like what he had to say about the Federal Reserve system.  But the next guest, eh.... :-\.  I turned that shit off after the first segment.

The thing that rubs me the wrong way the most about JBW is that his political views show too clearly.  I have plenty of conservative friends but C2C shouldn't be a political show and a lot of the times with JBW it feels like I'm listening to a pundit.  When the guest says something that JBW perceives as [lets say] anti-Israel / Christianity he'll go off on huge tangent and basically hijack his own show/guest.  But you know it's Saturday nights and I believe they don't expect much with respect to ratings so JBW is free to spew whatever the fuck he wants. 

I've noticed though, at least recently, that JBW has had some funnyass open lines callers.

Nebraska888

Quote from: chad warden on December 30, 2012, 03:32:18 PM
I'm a full time (most quarters) student who works security on weekends at night.  With 12 hour shifts and jack shit to do most the time, I listen to JBW on Saturday nights, though it's really hard to.  I usually don't listen to a show unless the preview summary interests me (it does most the time), but there are many times I turn off JBW midway through the show.  Last night's first guess was actually decent, I like what he had to say about the Federal Reserve system.  But the next guest, eh.... :-\.  I turned that shit off after the first segment.

The thing that rubs me the wrong way the most about JBW is that his political views show too clearly.  I have plenty of conservative friends but C2C shouldn't be a political show and a lot of the times with JBW it feels like I'm listening to a pundit.  When the guest says something that JBW perceives as [lets say] anti-Israel / Christianity he'll go off on huge tangent and basically hijack his own show/guest.  But you know it's Saturday nights and I believe they don't expect much with respect to ratings so JBW is free to spew whatever the fuck he wants. 

I've noticed though, at least recently, that JBW has had some funnyass open lines callers.

You make some valid observations.  Again, I am a huge Knapp fan, and I enjoy  Ian Punnett and Rob Simone.......Wells is OK.  ANYONE BUT NOORY!

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Morgus on December 30, 2012, 02:34:06 PM
Whenever Wells said this guest's name it always sounded to me like he called him "el fatty" :D

Yes! And later he just took to calling him 'Al'!

I can call you Betty, and Betty when you call me....

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 30, 2012, 03:55:44 PM

You make some valid observations.  Again, I am a huge Knapp fan, and I enjoy  Ian Punnett and Rob Simone.......Wells is OK.  ANYONE BUT NOORY!

I'm no fan of Noory but I'll take Noory's gaffs and generally harmless dopiness over Wells' divisive and sinister track. I picture cranks counting their hoarded ammo while listening to Wells. His "Captain George in command" bit is thinly ridicule.  I'm sure "I'm sooo hip" Wells can't stomach a hardcore nerd like Noory.  I still think Prem Radio wants C2C to go full time fringe right with Wells on nightly when Noory can be dumped.  Provided, that is, that Wells doesn't openly promote sedition or inspire another McVeigh first.

NoMoreNoory

I woke up to catch the beginning of the interview with Al Fadi, and for a while was surprised to find my attention being caught by what threatened to be an interesting Breather interview. I was wrong. Alarm bells went off when it became clear the guest had converted from Islam to Christianity (swapping insanities, not curing the disease, IMO) and is now some kind of pastor in some kind of 'ministry' or other. His agenda became clear as he peddled a one-track attack on his former religion by categorising all Muslims as devoted to killing all non-Muslims, and painted a picture of the UK as in thrall to Sharia law, which, as a citizen of that country's capital city, I can assure you is absolute nonsense. Particularly here in London, multi-culturalism is very much the air we breathe and I am very comfortable with it. But no Muslim can consider themselves above or outside the law of the land. The UK has also been very pro-active in attacking and prosecuting the perpetrators of so-called 'honour killings' which Al Fadi was making a big deal about. But it was enough to open the door for Wells to embark on one of his rants that frankly belongs more on Beck and Limbaugh than C2C, urging listeners to make 2013 the year in which 'political correctness' should be binned - basically using the whole interview to run a 'let's stop being nice to Muslims' line. I used to think Wells was just a pompous, tedious bore. I begin to think he may actually be a dangerous voice.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 31, 2012, 07:48:18 AM
Al Fadi... painted a picture of the UK as in thrall to Sharia law, which, as a citizen of that country's capital city, I can assure you is absolute nonsense. Particularly here in London, multi-culturalism is very much the air we breathe and I am very comfortable with it. But no Muslim can consider themselves above or outside the law of the land. The UK has also been very pro-active in attacking and prosecuting the perpetrators of so-called 'honour killings' which Al Fadi was making a big deal about...
This stuff scares the dumb-ass Americans who have never been outside their county of birth and are terrified of "others."   They immediately buy it that any other jurisdiction is ruled by something that AIN'T THEIRS and WILL GIT THEM !!!!

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Ben Shockley on December 31, 2012, 08:12:13 AM
This stuff scares the dumb-ass Americans who have never been outside their county of birth and are terrified of "others."   They immediately buy it that any other jurisdiction is ruled by something that AIN'T THEIRS and WILL GIT THEM !!!!

Fear-mongering is a powerful, dangerous tool used by crackpots/extremists like John B. Wells, Alex Jones, Steve Quayle and many other radio and TV hosts. (SNoory tries to do it to some extent but, as usual, Snorge screws up so much he becomes largely ineffective and mostly laughable.)

Anyway, by convincing people that Commies are hiding under their beds, terrorists are living next door, the government is planning to beat them into submission and the entire world is about to end in a nuclear holocaust any minute now, nutballs can easily control gullible, frightened, paranoid minds. That means scumbag radio/TV hosts are able to keep scared sh*tless listeners/viewers glued to their radios/TVs, which in turn pushes up ratings and creates job security (and nice paychecks) for the hosts that are most successful at instilling fear and paranoia. The hosts often also make a real nice profit by selling/endorsing all sorts of gloom/doom survivalist products.

Unfortunately, by encouraging and feeding the "righties vs lefties" thinking via fear-mongering, those irresponsible hosts are probably helping true terrorists (like Al-Qaeda)  to some extent by creating a divide-and-conquer scenario for them. No doubt groups like Al-Qaeda would love to see the US in a civil war; it would play right into their hands.

Ah, well. I hold out hope that sanity -- not extremism on either side -- wins out before John B. Wells or others like him inspire some paranoid lunatic to go on a killing spree. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on December 31, 2012, 02:54:19 PM
wins out before John B. Wells or others like him inspire some paranoid lunatic to go on a killing spree.

Naturally if it happened it would be nothing at all to do with the Wells, Jones and Quales of the airwaves; "no sir, nuthin to do with me" The sad part, their disciples would call in too reassure then that they'd done all they could to calm things down.

Quote from: Ben Shockley on December 31, 2012, 08:12:13 AM

Especially when said others are making nukes and make periodic threats of destruction like the government of Iran, or when we see traffic stop in every major Arab capital and see all the people getting out in the middle of the street to celebrate when they hear the news about 9/11, or when we hear of 'honor' killings, stonings, amputations for petty crime, forced marriages of young girls and women of all ages, forced burka wearing and 'modesty police', purging and killing of anyone of a different religion where they are the majority, justifying rapes of anyone with a different religion, read about and see video footage of new incidents of terrorism somewhere in the world every single day, demands in our own countries that we move towards Sharia Law and that we stop celebrating our holidays because as newcomers here that's what theydemand.

Yeah, what a bunch of scared dumb-ass Americans we are to notice all this and take steps to contain it. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 31, 2012, 04:47:11 PM

Especially when said others are making nukes and make periodic threats of destruction like the government of Iran, or when we see traffic stop in every major Arab capital and see all the people getting out in the middle of the street to celebrate when they hear the news about 9/11, or when we hear of 'honor' killings, stonings, amputations for petty crime, forced marriages of young girls and women of all ages, forced burka wearing and 'modesty police', purging and killing of anyone of a different religion where they are the majority, justifying rapes of anyone with a different religion, read about and see video footage of new incidents of terrorism somewhere in the world every single day, demands in our own countries that we move towards Sharia Law and that we stop celebrating our holidays because as newcomers here that's what theydemand.

You left out widespread gun ownership....

Oh, and that the people themselves don't necessarily enjoy the regimes they live under; but as the travel writer for Coastgab, you'd of course have that sewn up, so I won't steal your thunder.

Yeah, what a bunch of scared dumb-ass Americans we are to notice all this and take steps to contain it.

Contain it....where? Now, I'd love to see how said dumb ass Americans take steps to stop a fictitious ICBM being launched from Iran and landing in DC! Show it your boxes of ammunition as it re-enters the atmosphere? You live in a world not disimilar to Earth, but it runs parallel to our reality.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 31, 2012, 04:59:26 PM
...  Oh, and that the people themselves don't necessarily enjoy the regimes they live under...

... Contain it....where?...

You read the part about the video taken in Arab capitals on 9/11?  Of the traffic stopped at the major intersections and seemingly everyone getting out of their vehicles - mainly taxis - and celebrating, right?  Those streets were soon packed with revelers, and so much for dancing and singing being frowned on.  It's also interesting they always seem to have a supply of candies on hand to give kids when some terrorist incident goes down.  Really nice people, these Muslims.  Very reasonable, thinking folks.  But you know all that since the UK has imported so many.

Now who is it in the 3rd world that rides in taxis you may ask.  The poor can't afford them and the rich have cars, so when all taxis stop and everyone gets out to celebrate, one can assume the middle class there pretty much hates us.  And if they do, what about the illiterate poor that go listen to the weekly 'sermons' of hate?

Contain it where?  To where it lives now, and, specifically, not here.

Ben Shockley

With people like P*B around, who needs to make this stuff up?

Like I said: people scared shitless that SOMETHING is gonna GIT 'EM!

And where is this "Sharia law" push happening in the U.S., other than in the fevered imaginations of writers on "Fox 'News?'"  Oh, do you mean the Christian fundamentalists in the U.S. Congress who want to mold U.S. law into the standards of Leviticus?-- because that's the same thing?   No?
I'll tell ya what, P*B: you find where in the U.S. there's a "demand for Sharia law" and I'll meet you there and kiss your posterior in public view.

Juan

Quote from: Ben Shockley on December 31, 2012, 06:04:29 PM
Like I said: people scared shitless that SOMETHING is gonna GIT 'EM!
Yeah, the right-wing and American gun owners.

Sardondi

Quote from: Ben Shockley on December 31, 2012, 06:04:29 PM
....And where is this "Sharia law" push happening in the U.S., other than in the fevered imaginations of writers on "Fox 'News?'"  Oh, do you mean the Christian fundamentalists in the U.S. Congress who want to mold U.S. law into the standards of Leviticus?-- because that's the same thing?   No?
I'll tell ya what, P*B: you find where in the U.S. there's a "demand for Sharia law" and I'll meet you there and kiss your posterior in public view.

It's disingenuous not to recognize how fundamentalist Muslims clamor for special and unique legal and political status for Muslims anywhere in the world they gain a significant political voice, including the US. For example, perhaps Yorkshire Pud could tell us how certain Muslim areas of London are essentially officially off-limits to police, and the policy is that police will not enter without prior arrangement or special circumstance; or how the British judiciary has in some cases recognized a legal and judicial system entirely separate and distinct for British Muslims.