A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Flash Gordon

The only thing I can say about Wells is I think that out off all the hosts, either him or Knapp should take over.....I can't stand Noory or Punnit....Knapp would be my first choice, but Wells is a close second.....

Thoughts anyone ?

ShayP

Quote from: Flash Gordon on December 04, 2012, 05:41:50 PM
The only thing I can say about Wells is I think that out off all the hosts, either him or Knapp should take over.....I can't stand Noory or Punnit....Knapp would be my first choice, but Wells is a close second.....

Thoughts anyone ?

I like JBW.  I feel that he is holding back a bit and maybe dumbing himself down as to not step on Noory's toes.  I think given free reign that he would do a much much better job than Noory. I think he'd bring a different style to the show.  I just hope he would challenge the guest more and not just sitting back, drinking beers, and listening.  ;) 
I love George Knapp but I doubt he would ever take the job.  If he did, then I'd take him over JBW however I still think JBW can make the show better.  Ian Punnett irritates me and I can only take a bit of him here and there.  He's where he needs to be.

Nucky Nolan

Thoughts anyone ?

At the very least, he should host all of the Friday Coasts. The suits, if they care, could compare him to Noory in an experiment to see who's the best host.

Morgus

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on December 05, 2012, 05:42:15 PM
The suits, if they care, could compare him to Noory in an experiment to see who's the best host.
unfortunately what the PremRat network bosses (suits) consider best is very different than what we would consider best.
For them, best is a host that follows their wishes completely and is not independent, with a controlled format with lots of politics, ads, and informercials for profit thrown in.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Morgus on December 05, 2012, 07:13:22 PM
unfortunately what the PremRat network bosses (suits) consider best is very different than what we would consider best.
For them, best is a host that follows their wishes completely and is not independent, with a controlled format with lots of politics, ads, and informercials for profit thrown in.

In that case, the suits should conduct a poll or a survey. Let the listeners choose their favorite host. I know that this won't happen, but we can dream. BTW, as synchronicity would have it, a commercial for Curious George popped up just now. Noory may be a little monkey, it's true. Curious? Not so much, unless you're talking about what other people say and think about him.

(Not) George Noory: "Enough about you; let's talk about me."

ZombiePoppa

Thoughts anyone ?

I'd rather listen to Rob Simone than Wells or Ian. Sometimes I like Ian, sometimes I want to punch his fat face. I just cannot stand Wells... I've tried to like him. I really have. But it's not working. Knapp would be an awesome "ship's captain" *barf* but I doubt he'd give up his day job to take over.

Flash Gordon

I am sorry I did not include Rob Simone, he is awesome...and he is very subtle when conducting an interview, which is a rare and interesting thing.....So, I guess that leaves our runners to be JBW, Knapp or Simone....I'd take all 3 over Noory and Punitt (sp).

Juan

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on December 05, 2012, 07:31:49 PM
In that case, the suits should conduct a poll or a survey. Let the listeners choose their favorite host.
You're not understanding radio.  Just like the Internet, with radio if you're not paying for it, you're the product.  The network sells advertising time and the number of listeners determines the rate.  The suits don't care who the host is, or how good he is, if the ratings are sufficient, and if the show fills the air time on the network's owned stations.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: UFO Fill on December 06, 2012, 06:50:57 AM
You're not understanding radio.  Just like the Internet, with radio if you're not paying for it, you're the product.  The network sells advertising time and the number of listeners determines the rate.  The suits don't care who the host is, or how good he is, if the ratings are sufficient, and if the show fills the air time on the network's owned stations.

I *do* understand radio. Read the *third* sentence in my original post. The suits *should* conduct a poll or a survey. I know that they won't, though. That probably got lost in translation. It's easy to misunderstand posts here and there. If such voting took place in an ideal world, it's a safe bet that Noory would come in last place if the apparatus wasn't rigged. In the real world, we're stuck with him because he's, AFAIK, still a package deal with Limbaugh.

ziznak

great... wtf is this meth addict doing talking and Wells is letting him??? man this shit just gets worse

morgellans anyone??

EnterDragon

Sounds like Wells never heard of Dr. Leir. Shows you how much he listens to the show during the week !

Some wacky callers towards the end of the first hour tonight.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 09, 2012, 12:58:04 AM
Some wacky callers towards the end of the first hour tonight.

The kid gets a pass for his age, but the meandering guy is too much. You wonder about the true number of calls. BTW, I'll gladly pay Wells to stop doing English accents. Enough with "bloody" and "proper cup of tea".

EnterDragon

Wells seemed to prepare for the show tonight, not bad. Both topic and questions.

WOTR

Thoughts anyone ?
I think the day they put that twit in the captains chair is the day I mutiny, figuratively toss the captain overboard and coast goes silent forever.  I cannot even take him as a weekend fill-in for so many reasons.  He is the only host who can motivate me to stop whatever I am doing and turn the radio off.  The rest I can at least leave as background noise.  If I left a pot of oil on the stove and were fighting the flames resulting from my forgetting about it I would be tempted to put the extinguisher down and risk losing the house to turn him off...

I gave Wells a fair chance but he is just terrible with interviews.

He does not take the conversation in interesting directions or "set the scene" very well.

He just sort of drones and expects the guests to do all the work. And these guests aren't all that good when given room to roam.

I like him with open lines because I think he is good with callers but handling coast topics he falls apart.

Wells seems talented enough and knowledgeable enough to have a M-F job so there probably just isn't enough time to prep for the show. Cheap Channel needs to get this guy an intern to prep him for his show.

valdez

I use to be amused by Well's beatnik hipster meanderings, and I suppose I still appreciated it over Noory's rote faux enthusiasm, but there comes a time when the guy has got to toss the nowhere going verbosity out the shotgun blasted back window and conduct a friggin' real interview.  I think his rock and roll show was good, specifically the Ian Anderson segment, and I had high hopes for last weeks Hoagland show thinking he would just tell the space oil salesman that it all just looks like a bunch of rocks.  Punnet would have told that in a heartbeat, but it seems John B. is following the footsteps of George with little, if any, intellectual confrontation.
     I didn't understand any of what Dr. Joseph Farrell and Dr. Scott Hart were saying.  Something about vegetables boys and animal men.  And then something about how Mary Shelly didn't write "Frankenstein."  Is there nothing sacred?  I did like the guy who called in at the end of the first hour saying his body was  being attacked by bugs, which had something to do with the Walking Dead, to which Wells said he "never saw an entire episode all the way through...I can tell you that."  Whoa, Johnny boy.  The Walking Dead is good clean fun.

The Walking Dead
go get 'em, Rick

ZombiePoppa

John is a terrible host. The subject matter was enough to keep me listening despite "John B. Zombie" *barf* running the show.

Speaking of zombies, he seemed proud to have never sat through an entire episode of The Walking Dead. Guess he's busy watching old Alex Jones videos on Sunday nights.

Ben Shockley

Did I miss the official return?  Good to see you back, valdez.   I haven't seen you in here in a long time (although I haven't been looking for a little while lately).

I agree generally with your appraisal of the last Wells show, and of him in general.

McPhallus

Quote from: valdez on December 09, 2012, 06:28:50 AM
  I did like the guy who called in at the end of the first hour saying his body was  being attacked by bugs, which had something to do with the Walking Dead, to which Wells said he "never saw an entire episode all the way through...I can tell you that."  Whoa, Johnny boy.  The Walking Dead is good clean fun.

I'm guessing he's always smoking up when the show is on and likely passes out sometime in the middle.  (I've never even tried to watch that show.)

Ben Shockley

since y'all mention that poor bastard who called:
dig how he first called it "Dead Man Walking" then "stumblingly corrected" the title, and then apposited "on that cable channel."
I call BS on that call.
Well, it would be "BS" anyway, inasmuch as, at best, it would be some poor schmuck suffering delusions of parasitosis.  But I mean, I call "fake caller."

Quote from: WOTR on December 09, 2012, 03:24:07 AM
I think the day they put that twit in the captains chair is the day I mutiny, figuratively toss the captain overboard and coast goes silent forever.  I cannot even take him as a weekend fill-in for so many reasons.  He is the only host who can motivate me to stop whatever I am doing and turn the radio off.  The rest I can at least leave as background noise.  If I left a pot of oil on the stove and were fighting the flames resulting from my forgetting about it I would be tempted to put the extinguisher down and risk losing the house to turn him off...

I agree!  I have tried mightily to like this guy.  At least Noory's voice can put me to sleep.  When I hear JBW I just barely fight back the nausea until I hit the off button.  Back to TCM all night long.  **sigh**

valdez

The indefatigable Steven Quayle and the Illuminati that haunts him.  He said he knew someone that ran into a bunch of heavily armed Russian soldiers in the North Carolina mountains.  Just once I wish someone would take a picture of this stuff so we can clear the air.  I like Quayle and I'm glad he's on watch.  Right when Michael Osborne came on I ran into a bunch of static on all my preset c2c stations.  It sounded like he was a global  warmist, something about overpopulation, ten years working on his PhD, and hemorrhoids, I think.  I should check into satellite radio.  One of the main radio stations here in Georgia dumped c2c in favor of a spanish language sports commentary something or other.  Can't say I blame them.

Juan

I thought WGST dumped all English language talk.  Rush is now on WSB.

Anyway, Osborne bumped his gums about climate change, melting icebergs, global warming,etc.  At the very last, he went into a long dialog about how no one could predict weather or climate.  Just what he'd spent hours doing.

Nebraska888

Quote from: ShayP on December 05, 2012, 12:44:28 PM
I like JBW.  I feel that he is holding back a bit and maybe dumbing himself down as to not step on Noory's toes.  I think given free reign that he would do a much much better job than Noory. I think he'd bring a different style to the show.  I just hope he would challenge the guest more and not just sitting back, drinking beers, and listening.  ;) 
I love George Knapp but I doubt he would ever take the job.  If he did, then I'd take him over JBW however I still think JBW can make the show better.  Ian Punnett irritates me and I can only take a bit of him here and there.  He's where he needs to be.

Yep, I agree with you 100%!

Sleepwalker

The mother of Newtown school massacre gunman Adam Lanza was a survivalist who was stockpiling food because she thought the world economy was on the verge of collapse.

Gosh, I wonder where she got those ideas?  Maybe from a moronic radio show that preaches economic collapse and other doomsday scenarios night after night after night after night? 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sleepwalker on December 16, 2012, 01:01:32 PM
The mother of Newtown school massacre gunman Adam Lanza was a survivalist who was stockpiling food because she thought the world economy was on the verge of collapse.

Gosh, I wonder where she got those ideas?  Maybe from a moronic radio show that preaches economic collapse and other doomsday scenarios night after night after night after night?
Same show that thinks the world ends next Friday, too.

The Alex Jonesnization of America continues. Yay.

Sleepwalker

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 16, 2012, 02:47:52 PM
       Same show that thinks the world ends next Friday, too.

The Alex Jonesnization of America continues. Yay.

Have no fear.  George is going to be on live to talk us through December 21st.  He's confident nothing will happen.  But . . . . he does think the sun is going to get us one of these days.  He "feels it" in his gut, he says.  It would seem the idea of a coronal mass ejection knocking out the grid and causing civilization to collapse appeals to him.

margoloo

Quote from: Sleepwalker on December 16, 2012, 01:01:32 PM

I had the exact same thought when listening to JBW interview Quayle. It chilled me.  I turned to my husband and asked him if he was aware that millions of people listen to this horror show and believe every word of it.  I then wondered, wouldn't it be interesting to know how many of our mass killers out there were C2C listeners.  JBW, Quayle, and their ilk should be held accountable for their fear and hate mongering.  The average IQ is 100.  Half this nation is walking around with 2 digit IQs.  They are the ones most likely buying this crap and arming themselves to the teeth.  The information spewing from this station could indeed send people, already vulnerable, over the edge.  Wish some big time media would out them.

VtaGeezer

I could only take Wells and Quayle in their fundie rightwingers' Alphonse and Garcon routine for about five minutes.  Too bad...I used to enjoy Quayle when Bell put him on to talk about red-haired giants and the hollow earth. Bell didn't tolerate much fringe fundie evangelizing.  Wells is the worst thing ever to happen to C2C.