• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Somewhere in Time

Started by Marc.Knight, December 11, 2010, 08:35:52 PM

Marc.Knight

Anyone listen regularly to Art Bell, Somewhere in Time, every Saturday?  Dim the lights, pour a hot cup of coffee or a glass of wine and supremely enjoy the night.  This is a great complement to MV's Art Bell stream. :)

punkinpie

There was a great call on Somewhere in Time tonight.  A trucker called in saying that he wasn't worried about issues from Y2K, but he was concerned about what people will do.  He and his wife had talked about going to New York or New Orleans for New Years Eve, but they decided to stay home out of fear.  He then asked Art if there was a way to pick up an AM signal over a longer distance.  Of course, Art recommended a C. Crane radio.  :)

Wow! Pre-9/11, Katrina, satellite radio, wifi on phones....it made me a little nostalgic.  At the time that call was made I didn't even have AOL dial-up.

Renaldo

I missed tonight, but I had really wanted to hear it.  I really wanted to look back on people's thoughts about the impending Y2K meltdown.   

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Renaldo on December 12, 2010, 02:30:30 AM
I missed tonight, but I had really wanted to hear it.  I really wanted to look back on people's thoughts about the impending Y2K meltdown.

Mel Waters was supposed to have shown up, but apparently never did.  Art said "Maybe he finally took the dive (into the hole)" hah hah hah!   

Stevenqbosell

Awesome, I love classic AB open lines, I really wish on atleast one of the classic shows would always be a 90's Art OL show.

Fantastic info on this show, sometimes they're quite vague in the description on whether or not the show has extended open lines.

Might have to get streamlink again soon... I think I need to record this show

Queen

i hate somewhere in time, only for the reason that they edit it to hell. The sounders art use to use are deleated and noorys is put it in, the old comercials art use to do are missing, and the show use to be 5 hours long and its cut down to 4 hours.

I like the fact we get to hear the old shows but I would rather hear MV stream then the live shit they put out ONE night a week. ugg.  I miss Art :(

ArtBellFan

Saturday 25 December 2010~Art Bell Replay w/Dr. H. Paul Shuch

Somewhere in Time returned to 3/3/99 for a discussion on SETI with Dr. H. Paul Shuch.
Author, engineer, educator, entertainer, and radio amateur otherwise known as Dr. SETI ®.

http://drseti.com/
http://www.qsl.net/n6tx/prose/copyrigh.htm

Glad to see that Somewhere in Time is still up...wonder how long that will last.

Marc.Knight

Listening right now.  I'm lucky to have a local station that plays the whole show every Saturday - 9 pm to 1 am Eastern.

ArtBellFan

I am also listening now, well sort of, happen to have this show and the topic is not exactly my fav..I listen on AM 800 CKLW every week, hope they continue to air these shows.  I am listening on streamlink tonight as my station is playing Xmas music.

mib12890

The station here in Chattanooga is just replaying the show from last night. Oh well, I have MV's stream going.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: mib12890 on December 25, 2010, 09:17:04 PM
The station here in Chattanooga is just replaying the show from last night. Oh well, I have MV's stream going.

You can also listen online here:  http://www.kogo.com/main.html

my local station was playing christmas music too, had to use shitlink

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ArtBellFan on December 25, 2010, 09:02:53 PM
I am listening on streamlink tonight as my station is playing Xmas music.
i HATE that.  however, it's been a long time since i've listened to a terrestrial radio station, so i'd forgotten they do this annually.  it's just silly.

ArtBellFan

Saturday 08 Jan 11~Art Bell Replay w/LMH~Michael Hessemann from July 4, 1997

Somewhere in Time returns to July 4, 1997, when Linda Moulton Howe and Michael Hesemann reported from Roswell on the testing of debris from a UFO crash site.

http://www.earthfiles.com/

http://www.ufoevidence.org/researchers/detail93.htm

I remember this show when it aired live and bought Michael Hessemann's book Beyond Roswell.

Here is a link to download the interview from last night..

[attachment deleted by admin]

Marc.Knight

6-10pm PT: Art Bell: Somewhere in Time returns to 2/28/97, when priest, geneticist, and bio-ethicist, Dr. Kevin FitzGerald talked about the implications of cloning.

Marc.Knight

6-10pm PT tonight: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 9/9/97 for a classic night of Open Lines.

(9 pm ET)

http://www.970wfla.com/main.html

JustOneFix

Quote from: Marc Knight on February 19, 2011, 07:13:20 PM
6-10pm PT tonight: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 9/9/97 for a classic night of Open Lines.

(9 pm ET)

Listening now- Ironically on 970 WFLA

awguy

Quote from: Marc Knight on February 19, 2011, 08:50:39 PM
I love open lines.

I love the classic open lines too. Especially the replays from 1995 when he's speculating on what is going to happen in the OJ Simpson trial LOL!

Marc.Knight

6-10pm PT: Art Bell: Somewhere in Time returns to July 21, 1999, when Dr. Drew Ross (book link) discussed serial killers. UFO lobbyist Stephen Bassett  appears in the first hour.

online:

rvkitty

Does anyone know if I can play Somewhere in Time on a Mac desktop computer? I keep getting this error: Windows Media Audio is not supported by your device or browser. Yes, I am logged into my Coast Insider account. I even purchased the Flip4Mac Player that is required for Macs to play Windows Media files. It still won't work. I've installed it correctly, rebooted, even tried a different browser. Still won't play. What am I missing?

dan7800

Quote from: rvkitty on December 01, 2015, 04:25:33 AM
Yes, I am logged into my Coast Insider account.

That's your problem. You are STILL giving coast money.

Even RCH's show is head and shoulders above Dave

rvkitty

Quote from: dan7800 on December 01, 2015, 03:59:08 PM

That's your problem. You are STILL giving coast money.

Even RCH's show is head and shoulders above Dave

The Coast Insider subscription lasts for one year. I'm almost at the end of my year and will not be renewing. Where were you a year ago? Did you know that Art and RCH would have nightly shows? I can't see that far into the future.

nathan

Does anyone know if I can play Somewhere in Time on a Mac desktop computer? I keep getting this error: Windows Media Audio is not supported by your device or browser. Yes, I am logged into my Coast Insider account. I even purchased the Flip4Mac Player that is required for Macs to play Windows Media files. It still won't work. I've installed it correctly, rebooted, even tried a different browser. Still won't play. What am I missing?

I'm having this same issue. Has anyone else ever figured this out? SIT is one of the only reasons I subscribed to C2C and I'm bummed I can't get it to work.

Sidenote, and I see the name mentioned everywhere so I know this will be a dumb question (I'm a new poster please forgive me), but who is MV?

onan

Quote from: nathan on January 12, 2016, 09:40:23 AM
who is MV?

He is the biggest drain on this forum, no one likes him.

Praise MV?

ziznak

Quote from: onan on January 12, 2016, 09:42:09 AM
He is the biggest drain on this forum, no one likes him.

Praise MV?
he is the slightly rotund jihadist that runs this place... he has a money vault like scrooge mcduck and swims in all of the cash that this place has just pouring in.

chefist

but who is MV?

Michelle VanDeviant, a transgender that posts from time to time on BellGab...

GravitySucks

(I'm a new poster please forgive me), but who is MV?

Mother Vucker - some random fat dude from Missouri that approved your account and now owns your soul.

Praise MV!

VtaGeezer

Google "WMF on Mac OS" I'm not a MAC guy but I'd be very surprised if there's no Mac app for converting/playing WMF files.  But stick with reputable download sites like CNET.

dan7800

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 12, 2016, 10:58:22 AM
Google "WMF on Mac OS" I'm not a MAC guy but I'd be very surprised if there's no Mac app for converting/playing WMF files.  But stick with reputable download sites like CNET.

Try VLC. That generally plays everything. It is free and available on all platforms.