• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

BobGrau

Went to visit my married female friend to catch up on local gossip from the weekend...
My general advice to all men everywhere, in these text-message-obsessed times, is: if yer not sure, have a wank first.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: BobGrau on May 25, 2015, 08:46:34 AM
Went to visit my married female friend to catch up on local gossip from the weekend...
My general advice to all men everywhere, in these text-message-obsessed times, is: if yer not sure, have a wank first.

So she did then?

BobGrau

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 25, 2015, 09:24:49 AM
Good to see you're playing it down. Shows chivalry.

I know manchester isn't in yorkshire, but I always read your posts in a Mark E. Smith voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InXwZc4RS7M

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: BobGrau on May 25, 2015, 09:40:21 AM
I know manchester isn't in yorkshire, but I always read your posts in a Mark E. Smith voice.

I'm divorcing you. Seriously.

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on May 24, 2015, 11:14:15 PM
Glad I'm not the only one - TV sucks!

Not a television in this home.  I occasionally watch Netflix in my tablet. 
Wonder years just came out...been watching that and being happy!

eyenoeyeno

How do these ads work? Does MV make money each time I accidentally open one with my clumsy fingers? I hope so, it happens often. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on May 25, 2015, 10:05:07 AM
How do these ads work? Does MV make money each time I accidentally open one with my clumsy fingers? I hope so, it happens often.

Yes but it automatically goes into his special mayo fund. Worry not.

PathoJen

Quote from: BobGrau on May 25, 2015, 09:40:21 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InXwZc4RS7M
That accident is called "slur".

I don't commune on Facebook, but I imagine this post being of the type that is coin of the realm there:

"Just a quick word and pic of my Memorial Day lunch, then it's back to holding palaver with the dead. They are my favorite peeps! Why aren't there any 'Like' buttons at the cemetery? Brother, I'd be running around touching every WWII veteran's damn headstone today, I tell you what." 

(With non-vegan apologies to FightThFuture for photographic content)

3OctaveFart

Camazotz-
Facebook has been insufferable today.
Turn this holiday into enough of a happy thing and it will make it easier and easier to send young men and women off to their pointless deaths in foreign wars.

Quote from: Meatie Pie on May 25, 2015, 11:53:16 AM
Camazotz-
Facebook has been insufferable today.
Turn this holiday into enough of a happy thing and it will make it easier and easier to send young men and women off to their pointless deaths in foreign wars.

I have a 72 year old friend, who, every year for Memorial Day, asks a local big box store for any flowers they want to donate for the task. They often donate many flowers.  Then she goes to a cemetery and decorates a large number of veterans' graves.

These days, I'm afraid many people would not even understand why she's specifically doing what she's doing.

I have absolutely nothing against mixing the somber with the social. Especially face to face social interaction.

But I greatly dislike the grinding of this particular day down to the lowest common denominator of Big Car Ads, sunscreen sales, etc.

Countless people on all sides died horrible deaths in various wars, and I'm out scouting the best prices on a 2015 9.9 HP Mercury Outboard motor?

We've forgotten the faces of our fathers.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 25, 2015, 11:44:32 AM
I don't commune on Facebook, but I imagine this post being of the type that is coin of the realm there:

"Just a quick word and pic of my Memorial Day lunch, then it's back to holding palaver with the dead. They are my favorite peeps! Why aren't there any 'Like' buttons at the cemetery? Brother, I'd be running around touching every WWII veteran's damn headstone today, I tell you what." 

(With non-vegan apologies to FightThFuture for photographic content)

Enjoy the feast, my friend. Today is certainly the day for it.

On this sacred day, it is my custom to enjoy the good things in life, as a tribute to all those warriors, forever young,  who gave their lives so that we may enjoy liberty's bounty.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on May 25, 2015, 12:15:30 PM

Enjoy the feast, my friend. Today is certainly the day for it.

On this sacred day, it is my custom to enjoy the good things in life, as a tribute to all those warriors, forever young,  who gave their lives so that we may enjoy liberty's bounty.

Back at you, FTF.

Easily the best fried chicken I've had in a year and I believe my pic caught the texture if not the flavor.

It tasted all the more sweet while imagining Hitler at endgame. 

I might have let slip a German phrase as I asked for someone to pass the salt.

Ich ergebe mich!

Because that's how Cam rolls when around family.

(I'm viewed as eccentric, but ~Mostly Harmless~.)

b_dubb

I fully expect this to go viral.  God damn it.

onan

Quote from: b_dubb on May 25, 2015, 01:10:45 PM
I fully expect this to go viral.  God damn it.

That is a sweet ride. My wife and I are debating/arguing/not talking to each other over which one I am going to buy.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: onan on May 25, 2015, 01:24:10 PM
That is a sweet ride. My wife and I are debating/arguing/not talking to each other over which one I am going to buy.

Oh that's easy; Go to your local hardware shop and buy her a nice new pair of Spear and Jackson shears.

"Here you are love, happy grass cutting".

It's okay, we'll be here to comfort you later.

wr250

Quote from: onan on May 25, 2015, 01:24:10 PM
i needed a new mower desperately so i bought one of these recently:

eddie dean

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 25, 2015, 11:44:32 AM

then it's back to holding palaver with the dead.

Just stay away from the Speaking Ring while you are there!

Long days and pleasant nights Cam

Saturday morning the thermometer on my garage read 38-degrees.  This afternoon it was 92.  That's a NINE and a TWO!!
I have a headache. And I need a nap.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on May 25, 2015, 03:49:28 PM
Just stay away from the Speaking Ring while you are there!

Long days and pleasant nights Cam

May your children's children's children follow the beam safely.

Quote from: wr250 on May 25, 2015, 02:07:27 PM
i needed a new mower desperately so i bought one of these recently:

For my grass to ever be under control again, I'm going to need one of these:

eyenoeyeno

I just missed my one year Bellgab anniversary.
dang

aldousburbank

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on May 25, 2015, 07:02:44 PM
I just missed my one year Bellgab anniversary.
dang
It missed you very much also  :'(

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping, into the future ...

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 26, 2015, 01:48:29 PM
Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping, into the future ...
But time, keeps flowing like a river (on and on)
To the sea, to the sea