• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

3OctaveFart

Saw a kid riding a unicycle to school. Now that's hipster.

b_dubb

Quote from: bateman on April 15, 2015, 05:11:51 PM
I really have no strong feelings on Hillary Clinton either way, but seriously, not tipping at Chipotle is worthy of reporting? Relax.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/239006-chipotle-manager-say-clinton-didnt-tip
I bet Hillary can't even remember what paper currency feels like. You can't write a tip on your charge receipt at Chipotle. It's Chipotle's fault.

Quote from: b_dubb on April 16, 2015, 10:33:01 AM
I bet Hillary can't even remember what paper currency feels like. You can't write a tip on your charge receipt at Chipotle. It's Chipotle's fault.

I don't believe Hillary can remember the last time she felt anything.

zeebo

I've decided I love bottled wines with twist-off caps.  Not because I care about corks and saving the friggin environment ... but because it makes that second bottle of wine so much easier to open.

berry

Quote from: zeebo on April 16, 2015, 11:39:34 PM
I've decided I love bottled wines with twist-off caps.  Not because I care about corks and saving the friggin environment ... but because it makes that second bottle of wine so much easier to open.

Agreed. A girlfriend's best friend!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on April 15, 2015, 05:11:51 PM
I really have no strong feelings on Hillary Clinton either way, but seriously, not tipping at Chipotle is worthy of reporting? Relax.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/239006-chipotle-manager-say-clinton-didnt-tip

that manager should be fired for revealing whether she tipped or not.  she's one of the restaurant's customers, and that's not information you share with third parties about your customers.  beyond all of that, who fucking tips at a chipotle?

onan

Quote from: MV on April 17, 2015, 01:19:01 PM
that manager should be fired for revealing whether she tipped or not.  she's one of the restaurant's customers, and that's not information you share with third parties about your customers.  beyond all of that, who fucking tips at a chipotle?

I have less respect for Hillary for eating there than not tipping.

Eddie Coyle

Beer 17 on an empty stomach will undoubtedly lead to making toasted mustard sandwiches.

*Mustard and bread are the only items in the fridge, right now. Excluding the 13 remaining Budweisers.

Heather Wade

Quote from: MV on April 17, 2015, 01:19:01 PM

I don't.  They make a burrito & put it in a bag.  I paid the $9.  That's enough. 

zeebo

Quote from: (Redacted) on April 18, 2015, 12:33:44 AM
I don't.  They make a burrito & put it in a bag.  I paid the $9.  That's enough.

How bout this ... gimme some chips, I give you some tips.

Heather Wade

Quote from: zeebo on April 18, 2015, 01:48:18 AM
How bout this ... gimme some chips, I give you some tips.

That's better than "You've paid too much for a burrito, now put a few extra dollars in the jar for no reason 'cause we want it."

analog kid

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 18, 2015, 12:15:41 AM
   Beer 17 on an empty stomach will undoubtedly lead to making toasted mustard sandwiches.

*Mustard and bread are the only items in the fridge, right now. Excluding the 13 remaining Budweisers.

My fridge contains cheap beer and a bottle of ketchup. Here it's usually something ridiculous like two mountainous chilly dogs at 3am and then passing out.

Aussie Dave

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 18, 2015, 12:15:41 AM

Where I come from Beer is for breakfast but I like your style.

albrecht

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Clowns-Brawl-With-Protesters-Under-Circus-Big-Top-San-Bernardino-300490891.html
It would've made bigger news if the circus let the lions and elephants out against the animal-rights protestors though fighting clowns is still a good headline.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: analog kid on April 18, 2015, 02:52:27 AM
My fridge contains cheap beer and a bottle of ketchup. Here it's usually something ridiculous like two mountainous chilly dogs at 3am and then passing out.

I just restocked. 5 pounds of American cheese, 2 pounds of bacon. And a new 30 pack. All I need.

Quote from: Aussie Dave on April 18, 2015, 03:06:52 AM
Where I come from Beer is for breakfast but I like your style.

Beer with a bacon, egg and cheese bagel is the only breakfast I know. And a greasy spoon diner around the corner provides it starting at 4am.

wr250

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 18, 2015, 11:18:58 AM
   I just restocked. 5 pounds of American cheese, 2 pounds of bacon. And a new 30 pack. All I need.

Beer with a bacon, egg and cheese bagel is the only breakfast I know. And a greasy spoon diner around the corner provides it starting at 4am.

a real mans breakfast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZDv9pgHp8Q

Aussie Dave

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 18, 2015, 11:18:58 AM

Breakfast of champions!

Aussie Dave

Quote from: Daggit on April 18, 2015, 06:20:14 PM
Fuck that made me hungry and I just ate.

I agree. It's 10:30am and I'm in bed with a hangover and this video inspired me to get up and go down to the shops to stock up on bacon and other unhealthy goodies.

Seems like everyone has a tip cup at their cash register these days.

If you go to a coffee shop and get plain coffee, do you tip?
Some coffee shops just hand you a cup and they have prefilled thermoses.

In some shops, the coffee person pours the coffee for you. I would pour the coffee myself but that worker is in the way.

I feel like that guy on Seinfeld asking this.

onan

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 19, 2015, 07:24:53 AM
Seems like everyone has a tip cup at their cash register these days.

If you go to a coffee shop and get plain coffee, do you tip?
Some coffee shops just hand you a cup and they have prefilled thermoses.

In some shops, the coffee person pours the coffee for you. I would pour the coffee myself but that worker is in the way.

I feel like that guy on Seinfeld asking this.

I tip at the plastic cup if I am pleased with my food. I don't drink coffee so that is a decision I don't have to make.

zeebo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 19, 2015, 07:24:53 AM
Seems like everyone has a tip cup at their cash register these days. ....

I'll never really get the whole tipping thing.  I mean it's supposed to reward good service but isn't that why I'm going there in the first place?  Why not just charge me a bit more and do things right and drop the whole drama.

onan

Quote from: zeebo on April 19, 2015, 10:36:59 AM
I'll never really get the whole tipping thing.  I mean it's supposed to reward good service but isn't that why I'm going there in the first place?  Why not just charge me a bit more and do things right and drop the whole drama.

Being raised by a mother that ran the lunch counter of a FW Woolworth until she retired, I can tell you the pay is horrible. And lunch counter customers in general are horrid tippers. I can also relate a coworker of mine in the early 90's explained that federal taxes are applied to wait staff at 7 to 8 percent above their income secondary to the tips they might get.

Yeah tipping should be measured against the level of service. But, I guess being a bit of a snob, if you can't afford 15% more for a tip, then why are you eating out in the first place?

Juan

I never paid much attention until I worked in retail for a couple of years.  Customers can be absolutely horrible.  Now any server who is at all competent gets a big thanks and a 20% tip if I can at all afford it. 

zeebo

Quote from: onan on April 19, 2015, 11:19:39 AM
Being raised by a mother that ran the lunch counter of a FW Woolworth until she retired, I can tell you the pay is horrible. And lunch counter customers in general are horrid tippers. I can also relate a coworker of mine in the early 90's explained that federal taxes are applied to wait staff at 7 to 8 percent above their income secondary to the tips they might get.

Yeah tipping should be measured against the level of service. But, I guess being a bit of a snob, if you can't afford 15% more for a tip, then why are you eating out in the first place?

I think you missed my point.  I already know their pay is bad - I've worked those jobs myself.  Which is why I'm a good tipper btw.  I'm just saying since the tip is already a kind of inflation added to the cost, and it's basically expected as you just pointed out, why not just raise their pay and put up a big sign that says "no tips" and save us all the hassle and pretense. 

onan

Quote from: zeebo on April 19, 2015, 06:59:45 PM
I think you missed my point.  I already know their pay is bad - I've worked those jobs myself.  Which is why I'm a good tipper btw.  I'm just saying since the tip is already a kind of inflation added to the cost, and it's basically expected as you just pointed out, why not just raise their pay and put up a big sign that says "no tips" and save us all the hassle and pretense.

I guess I am a bit touchy about complaints about tipping. My sister followed my mother's example and waitressed most of her working life... as did her daughters. The plus side of that is that after many years of financial consolidation, they bought an existing business and have become very financially secure. They do pay their employees well above the normal wage. And tips are still there.

As for the pretense, I used to have a neighbor that runs two Italian restaurants in Raleigh and he would stroke out if he had to pay a decent wage for wait staff and (at least at the time) believes he would go out of business if he had to pay a higher wage.