• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 19, 2014, 10:02:25 AM
Just because something is true doesn't mean I choose to believe in it.

Ain't that the truth

Just saw that the 200th episode of "Ghost Hunters" airs tomorrow.  I wonder if Jason the Plumber and his plucky crew (including Grant, who's back!!!!) will surprise us by actually finding conclusive evidence of a ghost this time.  That would sure be something new and different for them.  I just wish I had a nickel for every time somebody on the show said "What was that?!!!"  I could buy a wishing machine and mysterious helmet, and have enough left over for a Family Maximum Pandemic Protection Kit and a City Survival Seed Vault from the fine folks who sponsor Caravan to Midnight!

Eddie Coyle

South Africa's criminal justice system is admirable in it's innovation. This sentencing of Pistorius to be confined in a room full of magnets is pure genius.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 21, 2014, 10:18:41 AM
Just saw that the 200th episode of "Ghost Hunters" airs tomorrow.  I wonder if Jason the Plumber and his plucky crew (including Grant, who's back!!!!) will surprise us by actually finding conclusive evidence of a ghost this time.  That would sure be something new and different for them.  I just wish I had a nickel for every time somebody on the show said "What was that?!!!"  I could buy a wishing machine and mysterious helmet, and have enough left over for a Family Maximum Pandemic Protection Kit and a City Survival Seed Vault from the fine folks who sponsor Caravan to Midnight!

Yet none of that will add to your street cred; you still insist on wearing a pointed hat with jaunty bobble on top to bed. It isn't working, I know it, you know it. Deep down you do.

I love ghost finding shows; they are like weddings, funerals and births. Always make money out of someone.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 21, 2014, 10:37:59 AM

South Africa's criminal justice system is admirable in it's innovation. This sentencing of Pistorius to be confined in a room full of magnets is pure genius.

Yeah, until it was pointed out that neither carbon fibre or aluminium are magnetic, then they had to go back to the drawing board.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 21, 2014, 11:13:53 AM

Yet none of that will add to your street cred; you still insist on wearing a pointed hat with jaunty bobble on top to bed. It isn't working, I know it, you know it. Deep down you do.

You're right, and that's why I recently switched to curlers.

[attachimg=1]

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 21, 2014, 10:18:41 AM
Just saw that the 200th episode of "Ghost Hunters" airs tomorrow.  I wonder if Jason the Plumber and his plucky crew (including Grant, who's back!!!!) will surprise us by actually finding conclusive evidence of a ghost this time.  That would sure be something new and different for them.  I just wish I had a nickel for every time somebody on the show said "What was that?!!!"  I could buy a wishing machine and mysterious helmet, and have enough left over for a Family Maximum Pandemic Protection Kit and a City Survival Seed Vault from the fine folks who sponsor Caravan to Midnight!

i can't watch the show any longer, especially if grant is on it.  he's such a liar.  there have been several instances in which evidence was clearly faked, and grant was at the center of all of it.  i've also heard interviews with former taps members who say the show stages scenes and even evidence.  the staging of scenes i'm not so annoyed by, but the faking of evidence makes the show unwatchable for me, and even if they DO capture legit evidence, it's now tainted by the group's lack of credibility.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW-COYLzZSA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=B59_MEGEo70

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SbOIVwNPvs

www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8JqjlFMxI0

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 21, 2014, 12:14:31 PM
You're right, and that's why I recently switched to curlers.

[attachimg=1]

It's  always the same; you post photos of me in my monochrome period and humiliate me.

It is a rather fetching look though isn't it?  ;)

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 21, 2014, 12:22:33 PM
It's  always the same; you post photos of me in my monochrome period and humiliate me.

It is a rather fetching look though isn't it?  ;)

It's certainly much better than your chinstrap period.  I'll give you that.

[attachimg=1]

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 21, 2014, 12:29:48 PM
It's certainly much better than your chinstrap period.  I'll give you that.

[attachimg=1]

I don't believe you could do that! I'm glad I hid the other photos of my various experimentations with fashion.   

The chinstrap was your fault by the way; we both know that. Nothing was ever proved, and the sheep suffered no ill effects. 

Quote from: MV on October 21, 2014, 12:22:09 PM
i can't watch the show any longer, especially if grant is on it.  he's such a liar.  there have been several instances in which evidence was clearly faked, and grant was at the center of all of it.  i've also heard interviews with former taps members who say the show stages scenes and even evidence.  the staging of scenes i'm not so annoyed by, but the faking of evidence makes the show unwatchable for me, and even if they DO capture legit evidence, it's now tainted by the group's lack of credibility.

I watched it two or three times early on and am not surprised by any allegations of fakery.  It quickly became apparent that they were never going to find ghosts, and "inconclusive evidence" was the best the audience was ever going to get.  The only thing the show has ever proven is that Jason the Plumber came up with a clever gimmick to make lots of money so he doesn't have to unclog toilets any more.  I just cannot believe it has lasted this long.  Fool me once, shame on you; fool me a hundred and ninety-nine times and shame on me for being a credulous simpleton.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 21, 2014, 12:34:30 PM
I don't believe you could do that! I'm glad I hid the other photos of my various experimentations with fashion.   

The chinstrap was your fault by the way; we both know that. Nothing was ever proved, and the sheep suffered no ill effects.

You're thinking of the alpaca.  The sheep died.

eddie dean

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 21, 2014, 12:48:29 PM
You're thinking of the alpaca.  The sheep died.

Like the new avatar RGG!
As a kid, I always loved the episodes with that character. Fun fact: I never knew his name (Gossamer) until well into my adulthood.

Quote from: eddie dean on October 21, 2014, 04:21:14 PM
Like the new avatar RGG!
As a kid, I always loved the episodes with that character. Fun fact: I never knew his name (Gossamer) until well into my adulthood.

Thanks, Eddie!  Me, too, and I still do!  And I'd forgotten about his name.  I'll have to pay attention next time I see one.

So refreshing to be reminded that judges are corrupt everywhere.

The judge wanted to send a clear message that the rich are punished the same as the poor.

So she sentenced him to 5 years.  But he is eligible for release in ten months.

He will be punished like any other inmate, except, he will not serve his time with the other prisoners, but instead, will be isolated in the "hospital" area.

The victim's mother said she believed justice was applied.

bateman

What the hell happened to Renee Zellweger?

b_dubb

ummmm find the doctor that did that to her and put his ass in jail

eddie dean

Quote from: bateman on October 21, 2014, 06:20:44 PM

Wtf? that's tragic!
It's sad what these people, with the aid of scumbag doctors, feel they need to do to themselves. The  pressures of looking  'forever young' in Hollywood has turned them into unrecognizable plastic mummies. Why won't they learn.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 21, 2014, 04:34:20 PM
Thanks, Eddie!  Me, too, and I still do!  And I'd forgotten about his name.  I'll have to pay attention next time I see one.

I knew Michael C. Hall was inspired by something while portraying Dexter, but didn't realize until now what that exact thing was . . .

Yorkshire pud

I went to visit Bletchley Park today. Otherwise known as Station X, otherwise known as the place where in WW2 about 10000 people in absolute secrecy broke German and Japanese codes, shortening the war by at least two years, one historian says as much as seven.

What struck me was the claustrophobic conditions in which they worked. Sometimes as long as 48 hours at a stretch, and the average age of the girls who worked there? Officially nineteen, but was probably nearer seventeen as most lied about their age so they could help in the war effort.

If you visit Britain, get a trip there, it's eye opening. 

I think she isn't wearing any lipstick.  I'm not real sure.  Maybe you should check with area51.
;) Just yanking your chain, drone.   :P 
Anyway, it just looks like a face without much makeup to me. 

Heather Wade

Undeniable proof we are living in an alternate timeline where everything sucks. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 23, 2014, 11:30:51 AM
Undeniable proof we are living in an alternate timeline where everything sucks.

I take it you don't mean blow jobs in respect to the femme Z?