• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

zeebo

Quote from: Chine on September 17, 2014, 03:25:17 PM
...Btw. Stephen King lives here. ...

I'm not a big horror fan, but I recall him once giving a great line about his writing style, something like this:  "First I try to scare you, if that doesn't work I try to shock you, if that doesnt work ... I just go for the gross-out."

Chine

Quote from: zeebo on September 17, 2014, 04:16:27 PM
I'm not a big horror fan, but I recall him once giving a great line about his writing style, something like this:  "First I try to scare you, if that doesn't work I try to shock you, if that doesnt work ... I just go for the gross-out."

That's awesome. Yeah, he has a book out on writing. I don't remember the title off hand. My brain is mush right now.

pepsiguy

Quote from: MV on September 17, 2014, 11:51:24 AM
Check out my friend Ryan's YouTube channel where he covers his favorite bass tracks.  More videos to come.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVYiw6i1x-w&list=UUxH0cF_MotFX_hedpB_JssQ
I'm a loyal lurker, and a bass player. I really like like his sound and style. I just finished imitating me some Styx and what little Kansas I can manage.
Thanks MV for sharing that

Quote from: Chine on September 17, 2014, 04:20:49 PM
That's awesome. Yeah, he has a book out on writing. I don't remember the title off hand. My brain is mush right now.

I think it's called: "On Writing."

;) 

Olivia:  Huck. I need to know, if info on B613 goes public, how bad is it?

Huck:  Let's just say we did things. Things that would make it hard for you to sing the national anthem and mean it. In the name of national security, we were the bad guys.

Quote from: Treading Water on September 17, 2014, 04:56:34 PM
I think it's called: "On Writing."

;) 

I liked that book.  My dream usage of it would be that King update and expand  Danse Macabre and insert On Writing within the new DM as one big honking chapter.  ;)

random civilian: And then could be they stick a bookmok signed by Mistuh King, in each copy of dis here special second edition called Danse Macabre: The Second Death, and that autographed bookmok would be shaped likeh killa lobstrosity. Snip snip dad-a-chick.

[attachimg=1]

HorrorRetro

A short story looking at the life of cartoon characters facing reality long after their heyday prime.  Hilarious.  ;D

http://vimeo.com/105847954

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 18, 2014, 12:19:45 PM
A short story looking at the life of cartoon characters facing reality long after their heyday prime.  Hilarious.  ;D

http://vimeo.com/105847954

Jessica Rabbit is still hot after all these years.

Chine

Haha.  Ok. Wasn't sure where to share this. This is a trailer of a film I was in in 1999. NYC and an indie film which screened at NY Film Festival. This was my first film as I was primarily working as a stage actress in NYC years prior.

It was crazy. I'm in this two or three times (with the dark short hair.) It was showing on NetFlix a whole back. Joe Gannoscoli of The Sopranos was in it too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2c_zJYKA9pM&autoplay=1

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Chine on September 18, 2014, 04:32:15 PM
Haha.  Ok. Wasn't sure where to share this. This is a trailer of a film I was in in 1999. NYC and an indie film which screened at NY Film Festival. This was my first film as I was primarily working as a stage actress in NYC years prior.

It was crazy. I'm in this two or three times (with the dark short hair.) It was showing on NetFlix a whole back. Joe Gannoscoli of The Sopranos was in it too.

Awesome!  You're gorgeous!  :)

analog kid

Quote from: Chine on September 18, 2014, 04:32:15 PM

That looks good (as long as the dog doesn't die). And you had me a dark short hair.

Chine

Quote from: analog kid on September 18, 2014, 08:51:11 PM
That looks good (as long as the dog doesn't die). And you had me a dark short hair.

No, no, no, the dog is okay. And he was a sweet dog.  Once the NY Film Fest was over, I forgot about it til I saw it on NetFlix. It wasn't a great film and not sure what happened with it. The guys were great and fun to work with.

wr250

Quote from: Chine on September 18, 2014, 09:41:53 PM
No, no, no, the dog is okay. And he was a sweet dog.  Once the NY Film Fest was over, I forgot about it til I saw it on NetFlix. It wasn't a great film and not sure what happened with it. The guys were great and fun to work with.
apparently it was too good for the lifetime network. as we know they only show the worst of  the worst movies.

The General

The chick from Bloomberg News Radio sounds like Fran Drescher.

b_dubb

TG do you ever listen to NPR?  There's a reporter there named Zoe Chace and she has an accent that is absolutely painful PAINFUL to listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZu6vgGb0Ek

This clip doesn't really do her accent justice.  It's really really fucking awful.  Zoe go get some speech therapy/annunciation training.  I'm sure your employer would pay for it.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: eddie dean on September 19, 2014, 11:15:20 AM
First iPhone 6 sold in Perth is dropped by kid du…: http://youtu.be/7lhXOgJ8ahA

Some really really tragic people camped out from yesterday lunchtime until this morning to be the first to buy this obsolete by next january piece of crap at our local shopping centre's Apple shop.

eddie dean

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 19, 2014, 12:05:37 PM
Chrimey! (or is it Crikey!?)

It's Crikey. As in: Crikey, what a shitty box design! If apple designs a box that auto-ejects the new iPhone when nervous teens open it, how much confidence can one have in the design of the phone itself? Don't worry, apple will release a 6a in a few months with shatter proof glass and a tube of bondo to fix the dents.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: eddie dean on September 19, 2014, 12:26:41 PM
It's Crikey. As in: Crikey, what a shitty box design! If apple designs a box that auto-ejects the new iPhone when nervous teens open it, how much confidence can one have in the design of the phone itself? Don't worry apple will release a 6a in a few months with shatter proof glass and a tube of bondo to fix the dents.

At a bargain $750

The General

Quote from: b_dubb on September 19, 2014, 12:05:35 PM
Zoe Chace's ridiculous accent / speech defect

http://www.npr.org/2014/09/12/348010275/when-investors-buy-alibaba-shares-they-wont-get-what-they-paid-for

That's just painful

Ouch. 
Who did she blow to get a job in radio?
She sounds like a dumb valley girl.

That's NPR for ya.
No talent required.

MV/Liberace!

As we learned yesterday, don't ask Dairy Queen to put a photo on your ice cream cake.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: The General on September 19, 2014, 12:56:16 PM
Ouch. 

That's NPR for ya.
No talent required.
But "Oweebaba" has a nicer ring to it.

ItsOver

Quote from: The General on September 19, 2014, 12:56:16 PM
Ouch. 

That's NPR for ya.
No talent required.
With a name like "Zoe," she was a shoe-in for NPR.  She'd probably be close to running the place if she had a hyphenated last name.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: MV on September 19, 2014, 02:09:39 PM
As we learned yesterday, don't ask Dairy Queen to put a photo on your ice cream cake.

LOL. I guess I'll avoid DQ when Olivia has her first b-day on Halloween.  ;D

Wow.  They must have had a problem with their "pitcher copyin' machine." 
Someone who thinks he or she is an artiste did that....    :-[
Try a grocery store next time.  Oh, wait.  Unless you wanted an ice cream cake.   ;)

ItsOver

Hahaha, sorry, MV.  Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Slicer

b_dubb

Quote from: Treading Water on September 19, 2014, 02:40:41 PM
Wow.  They must have had a problem with their "pitcher copyin' machine." 
Someone who thinks he or she is an artiste did that....    :-[
Try a grocery store next time.  Oh, wait.  Unless you wanted an ice cream cake.   ;)
Since when did DQ sell ice cream?

eddie dean

It looks like a DQ employee let their kid paint it with finger paints!