• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ItsOver on April 21, 2014, 06:53:38 PM

I just canned Direct TV because I was tired of paying for hundreds of channels of crap.  I've been very pleased with some select channels I can get for nothing with a simple antennae.  I'd rather take-up needlepoint than go back to subsidizing a bunch of reject networks and their trash shows.

That's where I'm at again. I had cable TV turned back on to watch the final episodes of Breaking Bad, and I just left it on. Now that summer is coming and we just bought our first travel trailer, I don't plan to be parked in front of the TV. Besides, I tracked everything I watch on a regular basis, and 90% are available either on Hulu Plus or free network TV.  So cable is getting cut off again very soon.  I only wish I had other options for internet besides Comcast.

Amazon Prime acquired rights to HBO. That's the good part. The bad part is that they don't include Game of Thrones, too much money yet to be made, and True Detective, because the rights won't come up for 3 years, according to the article. But you can watch Sopranos, , The Wire and other HBO shows. I don't know, though. It doesn't sound like much of a deal to me since the new shows won't be included, and the rest have been in syndication, if cut unmercifully.

bigchucka

Quote from: bigchucka on April 24, 2014, 04:41:03 AM
Apparently I confused Amy Schumer and Iliza Shlesinger.

Quote from: b_dubb on April 24, 2014, 08:15:42 AM
Okay.  She's funny.  http://www.iliza.com/tour

And hotter.  Both were on Joe Rogan Experience recently.

area51drone

Quote from: HorrorRetro on April 24, 2014, 10:03:20 AM
That's where I'm at again. I had cable TV turned back on to watch the final episodes of Breaking Bad, and I just left it on. Now that summer is coming and we just bought our first travel trailer, I don't plan to be parked in front of the TV. Besides, I tracked everything I watch on a regular basis, and 90% are available either on Hulu Plus or free network TV.  So cable is getting cut off again very soon.  I only wish I had other options for internet besides Comcast.

T-Mobile is pretty damned fast, and I have never been limited - yet anyway.   I pay $40 a month and get unlimited internet, text, and I think my voice is limited to 700 minutes but that's because I never use it.  It might be $50 for unlimited everything.   You can buy an old MyTouch4G on ebay and it includes wifi hotspot at no charge with a data plan.  I use it as my backup internet when comcast goes down.

area51drone

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on April 24, 2014, 10:08:23 AM
Amazon Prime acquired rights to HBO. That's the good part. The bad part is that they don't include Game of Thrones, too much money yet to be made, and True Detective, because the rights won't come up for 3 years, according to the article. But you can watch Sopranos, , The Wire and other HBO shows. I don't know, though. It doesn't sound like much of a deal to me since the new shows won't be included, and the rest have been in syndication, if cut unmercifully.

You can't watch Amazon Prime on android yet, so that kind of sucks.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: area51drone on April 24, 2014, 11:51:06 AM
T-Mobile is pretty damned fast, and I have never been limited - yet anyway.   I pay $40 a month and get unlimited internet, text, and I think my voice is limited to 700 minutes but that's because I never use it.  It might be $50 for unlimited everything.   You can buy an old MyTouch4G on ebay and it includes wifi hotspot at no charge with a data plan.  I use it as my backup internet when comcast goes down.

Interesting. I'll have to check that out.

ItsOver

Quote from: HorrorRetro on April 24, 2014, 12:08:41 PM
Interesting. I'll have to check that out.
Drone is right.  I've been on the Wally World T-Mobile $30 a month plan for a couple of years.  It's been perfect for me, for unlimited internet access. Good coverage in a major metro, no commitment, unlimited internet, but only 100 min.phone minutes.  Great for cheap, reliable internet access, though.

Quote from: bateman on April 24, 2014, 04:07:34 PM

Was just doing some research and California collects $55.7 billion in income tax per year. That is insane.

zeebo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 24, 2014, 11:38:30 PM
Was just doing some research and California collects $55.7 billion in income tax per year. That is insane.

Not to mention sales tax, property tax, gas tax ....

Quote from: zeebo on April 24, 2014, 11:43:46 PM
Not to mention sales tax, property tax, gas tax ....
and all the nickel and dime-ing. I'd keep Idaho plates on my car for as long as possible (or Oregon or Nevada). I've got CA plates now and there are a bunch of extra fees and hassles you have to pay for down here.

steelbot

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 25, 2014, 03:21:28 PM
WTF? Why did nobody tell me?

http://youtu.be/EhLZ-lBNkr4
Me and Area51Drone posted this stuff months back, probably were baked and missed it =P

steelbot

Quote from: b_dubb on April 25, 2014, 05:53:17 PM
Is that the actor from Phantasm in that clip?
I don't think so, it's Trailer Park Boys, on netflix and various sources on the internet.  By far one of the funniest shows ever...and that's Science, so don't argue it!

HorrorRetro

My daughter and baby Olivia came to visit for two weeks. Olivia is getting so big!  I took over 1,000 photos while they were here.  Here are a couple.  I won't go crazy posting baby pics, I promise!   ;D

Playing with Easter eggs at the beach on the Pacific Ocean at Westport, WA:

Plotting world domination:

Discovering a dandelion:

HorrorRetro

Last three, I promise.

Enjoying the sun:

Playing in the magnolia flowers:

The end of a fun day at the beach:

Oh my goodness, she's so big! What a beautiful little girl Olivia is and happy, too, judging from her smiles. I like the Easter egg one and her expression "What is this strangely shaped thing and why am I wearing ears?"  ;D

Far as I'm concerned, you can't post too many photos.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on April 26, 2014, 10:10:56 AM
Oh my goodness, she's so big! What a beautiful little girl Olivia is and happy, too, judging from her smiles. I like the Easter egg one and her expression "What is this strangely shaped thing and why am I wearing ears?"  ;D

Far as I'm concerned, you can't post too many photos.

Thanks! She's so stinking adorable. She's 5 months now. She always has a huge smile for everyone. At the beach, she was fascinated with the sand, and she ended up eating quite a bit of it. Her dad loved the fact that she got to go to the beach and that she loved it. Her dad is from St. Croix and he can't wait to take her there.

Quote from: Little Hater on April 26, 2014, 05:02:37 PM
Still holding on to your Facebook stock?

Facebook is on there twice since Facebook owns Instagram.

Juan

I learned the other night on DMRN that Facebook's Zuckerberg is part of the Satanic Illuminati.  Not the regular Illuminati - the Satanic one.

Moonbog

Quote from: Juan on April 26, 2014, 07:33:11 PM
I learned the other night on DMRN that Facebook's Zuckerberg is part of the Satanic Illuminati.  Not the regular Illuminati - the Satanic one.

They are not Satanists

They are Luciferians

aldousburbank

Quote from: Moonbog on April 26, 2014, 10:57:33 PM
They are not Satanists

They are Luciferians
Yeh, themz the ones satanists what smokes tons of weed right?

area51drone

Quote from: HorrorRetro on April 26, 2014, 10:00:30 AM
My daughter and baby Olivia came to visit for two weeks. Olivia is getting so big!  I took over 1,000 photos while they were here.  Here are a couple.  I won't go crazy posting baby pics, I promise!   ;D

Playing with Easter eggs at the beach on the Pacific Ocean at Westport, WA:

Aside from the cuteness of your granddaughter, those are great pictures in general.   You lucked out with a nice day at Westport!  My parents have a beach house in Ocean Shores and I tell you, it's hard to find nice days at the ocean here.

bigchucka

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 26, 2014, 11:07:39 PM
Yeh, themz the ones satanists what smokes tons of weed right?

The explanation I heard before is that one group actually believes in worshiping themselves (Luciferians) and the other believes in worshiping "Satan" (Satanists).