• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Grov505th

I bought a boat.... ;D Never thought I  would buy one.   

Quote from: Grov505th on October 20, 2013, 08:45:03 AM

I wish I had a boat. Have fun with it.

onan

Quote from: Grov505th on October 20, 2013, 08:45:03 AM

Tell us more. What kind of boat?

Grov505th

16 foot Lund fishing boat with a 60hp 4 stroke outboard.
Had to drive 2 hrs to pick it up and 2 and half to get it home.    Wife wanted a really good boat and she always wanted a Lund and after shitty customer service at BassPro, she found it and away we went.
Got a really good deal on it too, dealer threw in a lot of extra stuff for free.

onan

Quote from: Grov505th on October 20, 2013, 11:16:15 AM
16 foot Lund fishing boat with a 60hp 4 stroke outboard.
Had to drive 2 hrs to pick it up and 2 and half to get it home.    Wife wanted a really good boat and she always wanted a Lund and after shitty customer service at BassPro, she found it and away we went.
Got a really good deal on it too, dealer threw in a lot of extra stuff for free.

Yeah nice boat. very sturdy. compared to other equivalent manufacturers. My father had 3 of them over the years to navigate the Yellowstone starting every spring thaw. Hope you have nothing but fun.

Grov505th

Quote from: onan on October 20, 2013, 11:29:34 AM
Yeah nice boat. very sturdy. compared to other equivalent manufacturers. My father had 3 of them over the years to navigate the Yellowstone starting every spring thaw. Hope you have nothing but fun.

Thanks Onan, I am planning on it!  Wife is already looking at Camping places on some of the big lakes around here and also making plans for heading up to Canada in the fall for Walleye fishing.

onan

Quote from: Grov505th on October 20, 2013, 11:32:43 AM
Thanks Onan, I am planning on it!  Wife is already looking at Camping places on some of the big lakes around here and also making plans for heading up to Canada in the fall for Walleye fishing.

I go more for deep water myself. I have had the toughest time convincing my wife, but when I retire, I am looking at one of these:

The General

I had an idea this morning...

I'd like to make a mockumentary about how all the extra gluten that we're stripping off the wheat is accumulating in our environment and poisoning cute little animals.  It would make me laugh a lot.  It would need to be convincing though. 

I'd call it 'double down on gluten.'  The message would be that we need to eat more gluten in order to save the environment.  ha ha.

Grov505th

Too sweet!  I miss the smell of saltwater.  I always dreamed of winning the Lottery and moving down south and just cruising the islands...

The General

Quote from: onan on October 20, 2013, 11:55:34 AM
Save me from the gluten!
Exactly.  We've already stripped the nutrients and fiber out of our wheat, now we're stripping the protein out.  The only way to convince people to start eating it again is sick animals.

Maybe we could tie it in to Monsanto.  And get some cute blondes involved.   

onan

Quote from: Grov505th on October 20, 2013, 11:49:12 AM
Too sweet!  I miss the smell of saltwater.  I always dreamed of winning the Lottery and moving down south and just cruising the islands...

I did some digging into costs of living when retired. And a sailboat can be a primary residence with overall costs only slightly higher than a condo. And it offers a different "porch" view every day. With the intercoastal waterways risk of dangerous weather is almost completely negated. And who doesn't want to have a line in the water all the time?

onan

Quote from: The General on October 20, 2013, 11:59:34 AM
Exactly.  We've already stripped the nutrients and fiber out of our wheat, now we're stripping the protein out.  The only way to convince people to start eating it again is sick animals.

Maybe we could tie it in to Monsanto.  And get some cute blondes involved.

You sir are a financial genius.

The General

Quote from: onan on October 20, 2013, 12:01:02 PM
I did some digging into costs of living when retired. And a sailboat can be a primary residence with overall costs only slightly higher than a condo. And it offers a different "porch" view every day. With the intercoastal waterways risk of dangerous weather is almost completely negated. And who doesn't want to have a line in the water all the time?
Man that sounds awesome.  There's a retired guy up here in my area that has a guitar manufacturing business on a barge that he lives on.  It floats around, he makes guitars.  I think he's mostly docked though.  But still... sounds awesome.

Grov505th

I would love to do that...I just would have to get the wife inot that...I already have gotten her into Scuba..baby steps

HorrorRetro

That is my idea of heaven.

Quote from: Grov505th on October 20, 2013, 11:32:43 AM
I am sure your good wife has corrected you, but in case she hasn't - in Canada, you will be fishing for Pickerel.  Good eats.

Quote from: The General on October 20, 2013, 12:04:13 PM
Man that sounds awesome.  There's a retired guy up here in my area that has a guitar manufacturing business on a barge that he lives on.  It floats around, he makes guitars.  I think he's mostly docked though.  But still... sounds awesome.

Houseboat Bob?

Hey, Griv505th, best of luck with your new boat!

Eddie Coyle

I want to do a "Simon and Simon" thing, and live on a boat in my brother's yard like future Major Dad did.

My brother's got the yard. It's up to me to get the boat. I'm waiting for another Sandy-like storm to wash some up on the beach down the street. Finder's keepers.

Harmness

Quote from: Cynnie on October 19, 2013, 07:55:19 PM
If i could go back in time i would never have had children ..ever

Mom?  Is that you?

b_dubb

and if it sinks in a hurricane you've just saved a small fortune on funeral expenses

ItsOver

Quote from: onan on October 20, 2013, 11:55:34 AM

Save me from the gluten!

Talk about somebody having a hard time finding his nuts.

BobGrau

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 20, 2013, 03:12:55 PM
         I want to do a "Simon and Simon" thing, and live on a boat in my brother's yard like future Major Dad did.

My brother's got the yard. It's up to me to get the boat. I'm waiting for another Sandy-like storm to wash some up on the beach down the street. Finder's keepers.

Didn't some guy in boston try that recently? I seem to recall it didn't turn out too well for him.

ItsOver

Quote from: BobGrau on October 20, 2013, 04:34:19 PM
Didn't some guy in boston try that recently? I seem to recall it didn't turn out too well for him.

That's what I was thinking.  ;)

onan

Quote from: BobGrau on October 20, 2013, 04:34:19 PM

Well it wasn't all bad, he got the cover of Rolling Stone magazine ferchrissakes.

Art_s Farts

Boats are awesome but if I'm gonna dream, I'm going all out. I have always wanted one of these bad boys:

[attachimg=1]

Just think of the unlimited amount of landing areas. Pick a destination, fly, land, wet a line, fly home, repeat ad infinitum

Cynnie

Never ever make cookies after 2 glasses of wine ..