• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coast May Need A Woman's Touch?

Started by 11angeleyes11, August 06, 2010, 09:09:35 AM

We should remake Coast to Coast with an all-woman cast.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on August 14, 2016, 08:18:29 PM

Only if Paul Feig is the producer/engineer.

zeebo

TigerLily

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on August 14, 2016, 08:18:29 PM

Connie, Lisa, Heather ...

TigerLily

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on August 16, 2016, 08:02:51 AM
Looks good. No George in there.

I don't care for any of them very much. But that's just me. Notice I didn't include Amy in the list.

TigerLily

Quote from: Nebraska888 on August 20, 2016, 11:27:16 PM
Garr......no.

Admittedly, I don't pay that much attention but seems like quite awhile since she's been on

Juan Cena

Quote from: TigerLily on August 15, 2016, 03:47:45 PM
Connie, Lisa, Heather ...

Let's not forget LMH. Imagine one of her interviews stretched into two or three hours.

Jojo

Quote from: Zircon on July 16, 2012, 08:18:23 AM
Ramona had an untimely death. Frankly, I'm surprised that within four months Art was married to a person at least one generation his younger. I recall Art saying, "A man has needs". It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. He even laughed a sinister laugh when callers asked him how big his feet were.

He basically found a bride much like American men do when they hit the internet looking for Koreans or Russians. A person can't sufficiently grieve a loss of a long time spouse, meet another person, fall in true love and marry in 120 days. Don't kid yourself. She didn't even recognize him as a successful radio personality when they met. I realize I will stir the angst of many in this forum but I believe he figured he wasn't getting any younger so he threw all his eggs into one basket and went after the "young stuff".

She is a child bride. Attractive yes. Hopefully the love will evolve into a genuine love other than a child-parent relationship. I know people who marry "trophy" women. One man I know is 66 with a 30 year old wife of five years now. He makes a point of talking about her looks. Go figure out what the point of that was. Swagger.
What I read somewhere is she did know of his success, that she loved the show, and she recruited ine of Arts friends to get Arts email address.

Jojo

Quote from: onan on July 16, 2012, 05:41:53 AM
When I made my post on this subject, I wasn't commenting on the physical features of Ramona. Although I let the subject go rather than derail. My point was Ramona was much younger than Art. As is the new wife. She was 21 when they got married. Art was 62.

There was a lot of hoopla over a Doug Hutchinson (sp) marrying a 16 y/o on a different thread. The age differences are similar. Granted there is a difference in a 16 y/o's maturity and a 21 y/o... but not that much.
For clarification, the link cited does not refer to any actual printed comments using words pretty, charming, affectionate or intelligent, or anything like that.  Those descriptions came from within this thread below.  The link is more of a Best Wishes to the newlyweds.

Jojo

Quote from: haloedorchid on April 11, 2011, 10:02:15 PM
Fair enough. I've actually read that people who were in happy marriages marry sooner after they were widowed than people who were neutral or unhappy. Something about the attitude toward marriage being positive, and they would like to be in that same "happy place" quicker. That's definitely not to say anything about people who had happy marriages that ended in death and did not remarry soon, like your mom. I don't think I could if something ever happened to my husband, God forbid. It's just a statistical likelihood.

Three months is quick, but I suppose necessary to stave off an impending breakdown, if that's what Art felt.

And I think they've done studies about your last point -- the gender thing. It's been theorized that men (at least of that generation and older) need to feel cared for and are better off health-wise with the companionship. 
The fact that people need to feel cared for and are better off healthwise in a relationship is not mutually exclusive with the fact that rebounding is disrespectful and often a disservice to good grief.

Jojo

Quote from: George sucks on April 13, 2011, 11:38:02 AM
i would like to add, this whole thing with women and their weight is soooooo overblown. Perfect example of social stigmas that exist solely from suggested stereotyping by the media. And it is accepted. I'll take a healthy girl any day vs. what is portrayed as desirable by the vomit brokers.

Having sex with a woman that's skinny is like screwing a pile of coat hangers. All elbows.
Ladies' restrooms always smelling like vomit...  especially if there are bulimics in the regular workplace where you share restroom all day!

Jojo

Quote from: anagrammy on April 12, 2011, 08:15:53 PM
How about the female version:  We provide the nest, the body, the womb.  Then we provide the full time daycare and 80% of all the housework, as well as 75% of the money.  Then we gain weight, age and get wrinkles, and are replaced by younger women even though our man gained weight, aged and got wrinkles too.  Once we've raised the kids, providing 80% of the emotional support on 30% of the money, we discover that we still can cook and have the habit of listening to people and nurturing friendships.

Men don't really listen to each other in an emotionally supportive way.  They are always looking for a woman to tell their troubles to.  Women alone make a nest and invite their children over.  We continue nurturing, so we have people around us.  Men call and invite themselves over to the children's house and expect to be entertained.  They have usually piggybacked on their wives maintaining relationships with friend couples, sending birthday cards, calling regularly and reciprocating invitations.

Women alone (finally) make a lovely nest for ourselves and when the first man arrives looking for a nurse to place unguent on his hemorrhoids, cause he's too fat to reach, and the new young wife went "ew" and left for a younger man, we say, "Umm, maybe not." 

Anagrammy

Put the medicine on a small oval Nerf ball and make 'em sit on it.

This thread is out of date, Coast May Need A Transgender's Touch

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 16, 2017, 05:44:07 PM

Now you're getting with the program!  Though I'm starting to think transgender may be too limiting and prejudiced in terms of sexuality. How about people who are trans everything? These would be people who simply refuse to be caged in by silly concepts and categories. You can look at them but only quick glances and for God's sake don't ever point at them. To pronounce their pronoun properly you would have to rip out your own tongue. :D

Catsmile

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 16, 2017, 05:44:07 PM

Pink socked granny tranny could breathe life into C2C.

Necromancy bringing back dead memories

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on September 16, 2017, 12:17:24 PM
Put the medicine on a small oval Nerf ball and make 'em sit on it.

Still, superior to a Clinton presidency.

Corona Kitty

Caitlyn Jenner would make a fine host

Gd5150

It's needs a helluva a lot more than a touch. Its so stale it needs a...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 18, 2017, 02:53:02 PM

She's what I'd call a real champ! My kinda gal.  ;)

Parris001

Coast needs an enema. To dislodge that antique turd perched behind the mic stinking the place up.

Parris001

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 18, 2017, 02:53:02 PM

Can I fantasize that this is Lisa Garr? I don't want her on the show. But that voice and this visual...........    hey. I'll BRB

Jojo

Quote from: onan on July 16, 2012, 06:30:41 AM
My reply to yours was not an attack on Art's marriage. I was clarifying a mistake you made in assuming I was merely admiring Ramona's physical appearance.

As to the reasons Art chose his several wives is not really my concern. I will go so far as to say a 40 year difference in any relationship isn't an equal relationship. To your rejuvenating remark... what tripe. 
The age thing did look weird.  But, if he is 68 and wants an active sex life, his odds of getting it from a 67 year old are small.  Forums are full of men who once their marriage certificate ink is dry, the woman never wants sex again.  And the odds of abstinence go up after menopause.  The average menopause ends at 55.  It is common for perimenopause to last ten years, so 45 would be a common age for hormone struggles.  After having prior wives, wouod a sensible man really want to go thru marriage-o-pause again?!  No.  So, 44 and young could be a feasible starting point, if ya dont want too many good years.  In order to get 10 good years, he could aim for 35.  So if his , is 35 and he is 68, that's a 33 year age difference.

Granted, I dont like this argument, especially because it doesnt bode well for couples who are about the same age.  Love grows so well when people fall in love in school or college, or through same age friends.  Maybe i will think of redeeming rewards later.  But for well-insured access to sex, guys pretty much have to search downward in age although of course there are ALWAYS exceptioms.

Please shoot holes in this.