• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Guns

Started by Caruthers612, July 01, 2010, 11:34:40 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on December 28, 2016, 04:40:07 PM
look, look--it's trying to backpedal and change the subject. Quick, someone ring his phone.

Oh on the contrary; the discussion was mental illness and guns.  What is your excuse?

mikuthing01

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 28, 2016, 04:23:48 PM
Hey, far be it of me to point out the fucking obvious; but if someone has very little to live for, a gun is the last thing they need in their possession. Or do you think 19000 suicides a year by gun in the USA is just coincidence?

Oh yeah:

However because he had an epiphany knew he needed the NRA on his side, so kissed ass.

Owned? Much?  ;D

This one has to make you laugh!

In other words, he doesn't have a problem with suspects having guns. Way to go Donny!

Just because you don't have a lot to live for does not make you a criminal or suicidal you crumpet licking fucktard.

I don't give a fuck about the NRA they have done a lot in the past to hurt gun rights although they have been much better during king niggers presidency. I am not a member of the NRA because US gun manufacturers do not want competition from imported guns and NRA helped get a lot of imports banned. Gun quality has fallen a lot since it happened because US company's can churn out shit guns (like Remington)

And anyone can be put on a no fly list for any reason it's a stupid idea a blanket ban on Muslims would make more sense

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 28, 2016, 04:42:37 PM
http://www.samaritans.org/about-us/our-research/facts-and-figures-about-suicide

There were 6,581 suicides in the UK and Republic of Ireland, in 2014.

In 2014, 6,122 suicides were registered in the UK. This corresponds to a suicide rate of 10.8 per 100,000 people (16.8 per 100,000 for men and 5.2 per 100,000 for women).

The highest suicide rate in the UK in 2014 was for men aged 45-49 at 26.5 per 100,000.

The male suicide rate decreased in the UK (by 5.6%), England (by less than 1%), Wales (by 37.6%), Scotland (by 17.6%), Northern Ireland  (by 10.2%) and Republic of Ireland (by 6.4%) between 2013 and 2014.

Female suicide rates increased in the UK (by 8.3%), England (by 14%), Scotland (by 7.8%) and Republic of Ireland (by 14.7%) between 2013  and 2014. Female suicide rates decreased in Wales (by 38.2%) and Northern Ireland (by 17.7%).

Are you for physician-assisted suicide?

Jackstar

Quote2014   12.93   41293   319,106,000

In 2014, 6,122 suicides were registered in the UK. This corresponds to a suicide rate of 10.8 per 100,000 people (16.8 per 100,000 for men and 5.2 per 100,000 for women).

12.93 minus 10.8 is how much that you're saying is a result of guns. You're an idiot. Fuck off and die.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: benisthing01 :DD on December 28, 2016, 04:45:49 PM
Just because you don't have a lot to live for does not make you a criminal or suicidal you crumpet licking fucktard.

I don't give a fuck about the NRA they have done a lot in the past to hurt gun rights although they have been much better during king niggers presidency. I am not a member of the NRA because US gun manufacturers do not want competition from imported guns and NRA helped get a lot of imports banned. Gun quality has fallen a lot since it happened because US company's can churn out shit guns (like Remington)

And anyone can be put on a no fly list for any reason it's a stupid idea a blanket ban on Muslims would make more sense

And paranoid neo nazis with the mental capacity of an amoeba? Such as yourself. Seems reasonable to me.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on December 28, 2016, 04:48:09 PM

12.93 minus 10.8 is how much that you're saying is a result of guns. You're an idiot. Fuck off and die.

Jacky Jacky...Seattle will miss you son.  :-\  Houston and Elm; now where were you bitch?

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on December 28, 2016, 04:40:07 PM
look, look--it's trying to backpedal and change the subject. Quick, someone ring his phone.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 28, 2016, 04:47:27 PM
Are you for physician-assisted suicide?

If the person requesting it is of sound mind. Does anyone have the right to end their own life? Absolutely. Should steps be taken to prevent it? Absolutely.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on December 28, 2016, 04:48:09 PM

mikuthing01

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 28, 2016, 04:49:45 PM
And paranoid neo nazis with the mental capacity of an amoeba? Such as yourself. Seems reasonable to me.
Definition of neoâ€"Nazi:  a member of a group espousing the programs and policies of Hitler's Nazis

I am not a member of such a group and i don't give a shit about Hitler. I am just a holocaust denier ~desu

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: benisthing01 :DD on December 28, 2016, 04:56:21 PM
I am not a member of such a group and i don't give a shit about Hitler. I am just a holocaust denier ~desu

As I said, an amoeba. 

albrecht

http://www.samaritans.org/about-us/our-research/facts-and-figures-about-suicide

There were 6,581 suicides in the UK and Republic of Ireland, in 2014.

The highest suicide rate in the UK in 2014 was for men aged 45-49 at 26.5 per 100,000.

The male suicide rate decreased in the UK (by 5.6%), England (by less than 1%), Wales (by 37.6%), Scotland (by 17.6%), Northern Ireland  (by 10.2%) and Republic of Ireland (by 6.4%) between 2013 and 2014.

Female suicide rates increased in the UK (by 8.3%), England (by 14%), Scotland (by 7.8%) and Republic of Ireland (by 14.7%) between 2013  and 2014. Female suicide rates decreased in Wales (by 38.2%) and Northern Ireland (by 17.7%).
One thing that fascinates me about some leftists is that they are in favor of euthanasia (often, like Liverpool Care Pathway) without a patients consent, by consent (but help like Dr. Kevorkian) or in cases of depression (Switzerland, Belgium, etc,) abortion (where clearly the being has no say,) and "hands off my body" "a person's right to choose" "why should a government tell me what I can do with my body?" "I have a right to die in a manner in which I choose!" "It is a quality of life issue!" but then argues for gun-control to prevent suicides!  :o If suicide is a person's "right" why is the method of delivery the problem? Actually you death advocates should be PRAISING getting guns into the hands of people who wish to "control their body and life" because they, generally, are the more effective method of suicide for a non-professional- certainly better than things liked in the UK such as hanging, slitting of wrists, paracetamol overdoses, jumping onto trains, etc. Personally I'm against suicide save in certain situations (you are caught, over run, outnumbered by the Apache or ISIS or something, etc.) But curious about the tortured logic leftists use: suicide is good and should be legal (or even assisted) but guns should be banned because they are effective in suicides.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 28, 2016, 04:52:36 PM
If the person requesting it is of sound mind. Does anyone have the right to end their own life? Absolutely. Should steps be taken to prevent it? Absolutely.

Just checking.  I'm ok with it if the person has a terminal illness or a long-term degenerative illness.  I've been affected by relatives who took their own lives.  My grandfather took his own life as did a great aunt but they were facing terrible illness.  Yes, it is devastating but understandable.  If there were no guns available, they would just find another way.  My brother tried to kill himself with pills and booze. He failed in the short term but damaged his health to the point where he succumbed a few years later.  Better he had a gun.

mikuthing01

Out of all the suicides i have ever known none of the were with a gun. There was a guy in a town where i used to go off roading next to some train tracks. One winter some guy was suicidal and took off walking and his family called the police and they couldn't find the guy. Close to a year later the railroad was doing track maintenance found him under a old abandoned aluminum truck topper at our offroading spot. He crawled under it and drank antifreeze and froze to death. The thing that creeps me out is we had went mudding in the ditch where his body was decomposing for over a year :o

Another guy hung himself in his garage, my neighbor offed himself by letting his car run inside his garage. I heard his ex wife screaming and shrieking when i was painting my house a few years ago and it was something i will never forget you just knew someone had died by the sound of it.

People think guns are a foolproof way to commit suicide but they fuck up all the time http://www.cbsnews.com/news/seinfeld-actor-shoots-self-in-apparent-suicide-attempt/

Quote from: benisthing01 :DD on December 28, 2016, 05:15:26 PM
Out of all the suicides i have ever known none of the were with a gun. There was a guy in a town where i used to go off roading next to some train tracks. One winter some guy was suicidal and took off walking and his family called the police and they couldn't find the guy. Close to a year later the railroad was doing track maintenance found him under a old abandoned aluminum truck topper at our offroading spot. He crawled under it and drank antifreeze and froze to death. The thing that creeps me out is we had went mudding in the ditch where his body was decomposing for over a year :o

Another guy hung himself in his garage, my neighbor offed himself by letting his car run inside his garage. I heard his ex wife screaming and shrieking when i was painting my house a few years ago and it was something i will never forget you just knew someone had died by the sound of it.

People think guns are a foolproof way to commit suicide but they fuck up all the time http://www.cbsnews.com/news/seinfeld-actor-shoots-self-in-apparent-suicide-attempt/

True but both of my relatives were 2 for 2.

mikuthing01

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 28, 2016, 05:18:08 PM

sorry to hear that....

Also i forgot one suicide... Some teenage kid climbed one of them cell towers and jumped off because his g/f dumped him. There is a short access road and it's always grown up in weeds and brush so you cant get a good view around the base. But i guess the guy actually stuck in the ground according to legend. I don't know if i believe that story because i used to go riding ATV's around that area. We road back there a few times just because of the story and it was all packed gravel so not to sure if i believe he actually stuck in the ground but he did jump off it.

People who think banning guns would end suicide make me laugh.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 28, 2016, 05:18:08 PM
Sorry about that. The only suicides I knew was an ugly knife slitting throat one, a hanging (strangulation, not neck break,) and an overdose of heroin (which was called 'accidental' or 'misadventure but I think for the family's sake. Which is sort of odd since guns are pretty prevalent. Only one was a family member and sort of distant but still devastating.

I think the stats show that guns, for non-professionals, are more effective than most other suicide methods but they can, like the others, go horribly wrong and also the 'aftermath' is also quite upsetting, over and beyond the loss of a loved one or friend. Sadly is so prevalent and there are companies that specialize in clean-ups; even have billboards some places. In poor taste I thought.

I think the main issue is guns, especially handguns, is the immediacy and impulse (like when youths shoot each other in Chicago) and ease of use. Some other forms of suicide might involve more planning, staging, take longer to 'kick in,' and so a longer time in each the person can change his mind, a person can talk him down, the court could put a 'temporary hold' for evaluation, etc. So that even some advocates of suicide and almost worshipers of death, like many leftists, have some concerns. But the real reason they are against guns is not due to suicide (for them that is a right and often a thing to be praised) but because they are used for hunting, self-protection, or just for fun and could be, at least a temporary or personal, curb against criminals, a rouge government, an illegal alien, a terrorist, etc.

mikuthing01

Quote from: albrecht on December 28, 2016, 05:26:29 PM
I think the stats show that guns, for non-professionals, are more effective than most other suicide methods but they can, like the others, go horribly wrong and also the 'aftermath' is also quite upsetting, over and beyond the loss of a loved one or friend. Sadly is so prevalent and there are companies that specialize in clean-ups; even have billboards some places. In poor taste I thought.

I think the main issue is guns, especially handguns, is the immediacy and impulse (like when youths shoot each other in Chicago) and ease of use. Some other forms of suicide might involve more planning, staging, take longer to 'kick in,' and so a longer time in each the person can change his mind, a person can talk him down, the court could put a 'temporary hold' for evaluation, etc. So that even some advocates of suicide and almost worshipers of death, like many leftists, have some concerns. But the real reason they are against guns is not due to suicide (for them that is a right and often a thing to be praised) but because they are used for hunting, self-protection, or just for fun and could be, at least a temporary or personal, curb against criminals, a rouge government, an illegal alien, a terrorist, etc.

Hand guns are the worst gun you could possibly kill yourself with. They are low power and people think that putting it to their temple and pulling the trigger will kill them instant.y... IT DONT! they usually end up a blind vegetable for the rest of their life. Impulse suicide is worst suicide ~desu If they wanted to do it right they would use a shotgun in their mouth and aim for the brain stem. Idiots put it under the front of their chin and blow the front of their face off and survive it. But don't do that folks it's bad ~desu

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Phone Number 1-800-273-8255

Quote from: benisthing01 :DD on December 28, 2016, 05:25:54 PM
sorry to hear that....

That's ok, it was a long time ago.  I'm quite over it and understand better why they did it.  I hope I never find myself in as terrible a situation as they were in.

Quote from: benisthing01 :DD on December 28, 2016, 05:25:54 PM
Also i forgot one suicide... Some teenage kid climbed one of them cell towers and jumped off because his g/f dumped him. There is a short access road and it's always grown up in weeds and brush so you cant get a good view around the base. But i guess the guy actually stuck in the ground according to legend. I don't know if i believe that story because i used to go riding ATV's around that area. We road back there a few times just because of the story and it was all packed gravel so not to sure if i believe he actually stuck in the ground but he did jump off it.

People who think banning guns would end suicide make me laugh.

Right and many of the same people are for euthanasia. Double standard, anyone?  The anti-gun nuts will use any issue to serve their purpose.

Quote from: albrecht on December 28, 2016, 05:26:29 PM
Sorry about that. The only suicides I knew was an ugly knife slitting throat one, a hanging (strangulation, not neck break,) and an overdose of heroin (which was called 'accidental' or 'misadventure but I think for the family's sake. Which is sort of odd since guns are pretty prevalent. Only one was a family member and sort of distant but still devastating.

Yeah, gun suicides can be messy to clean up. Thankfully I've never had to do that though.  I did have to clean up after my brother's suicide attempt though when he took the booze and pills.  He vomited all over the bedroom and that was probably more disgusting than cleaning up blood.

I don't think I would succeed if I tried to kill myself with a gun.  I would probably manage to fuck it up and wind up a vegetable.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on December 28, 2016, 05:02:02 PM
One thing that fascinates me about some leftists is that they are in favor of euthanasia (often, like Liverpool Care Pathway) without a patients consent, by consent (but help like Dr. Kevorkian) or in cases of depression (Switzerland, Belgium, etc,) abortion (where clearly the being has no say,) and "hands off my body" "a person's right to choose" "why should a government tell me what I can do with my body?" "I have a right to die in a manner in which I choose!" "It is a quality of life issue!" but then argues for gun-control to prevent suicides!  :o If suicide is a person's "right" why is the method of delivery the problem?

In 1997 I worked closely with a bloke whose wife left him and he was facing surgery and was worried sick that the recovery time he would need from work would ruin him and he'd also lose his job. He hanged himself; she found him by chance by going back to their home to get clothes for their daughter (She'd gone to her parents). It was devastating to everyone who knew him, and his wife was a shell of herself at his funeral.

And you ask what difference would it make in method used? I cannot imagine how she felt finding him hanging, but the thought of her finding him with half his head sprayed up a wall is one you can possibly grapple with.
Euthanasia and suicide in general isn't a 'leftist' or a 'rightist' thing; only in the States could suicide be a political football. The top professions who do it?Farmers. Followed by medics. Certainly in the UK.

If someone is terminally ill and in dreadful pain; then yes, if they choose to to take that path and all other avenues have been explored for palliative care, then provision for their wishes should be made available with dignity. Not blowing their heads off. There is nothing dignified in that. Suicide prevention should be taken more seriously too. More people should be made aware of the signs to look for, and try to find the root cause of the reasons why someone would feel so desperate, they would end their own life.

Actually you death advocates should be PRAISING getting guns into the hands of people who wish to "control their body and life" because they, generally, are the more effective method of suicide for a non-professional- certainly better than things liked in the UK such as hanging, slitting of wrists, paracetamol overdoses, jumping onto trains, etc. Personally I'm against suicide save in certain situations (you are caught, over run, outnumbered by the Apache or ISIS or something, etc.) But curious about the tortured logic leftists use: suicide is good and should be legal (or even assisted) but guns should be banned because they are effective in suicides.

I won't dignify that with a response.

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 28, 2016, 05:33:39 PM
Right and many of the same people are for euthanasia. Double standard, anyone?  The anti-gun nuts will use any issue to serve their purpose.

http://churchofeuthanasia.org/

http://churchofyouthinasia.org/

It is meant to be left as an exercise to the reader, which site is more offensive.

Meanwhile, I see that the gun control argument has moved on to "because they're messy." This doesn't seem like a reason to restrict ownership; more, a reason to restrict messes.

mikuthing01

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Uncle Duke

Not to make light of suicide, but at work we were required to attend a suicide prevention/life skills seminar.  The training was held in a large auditorium, the instructor was an older female registered nurse who was also a certified mental health counselor. As part of the lecture, she gave a rather detailed statistical breakdown of suicides as a function of age, gender, marital status, education, etc.

When discussing females suicides, she pointed out women use firearms far less frequently than men.  This she explained was primarily because women are more vain about their physical appearance than men and do not want to disfigure themselves with a gunshot wound.  From the back of the darkened auditorium, a male voice yelled out, "How about ugly chicks, do they shoot themselves?".  The speaker was not amused.

Jackstar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 28, 2016, 07:07:01 PM
a male voice yelled out, "How about ugly chicks, do they shoot themselves?".  The speaker was not amused.

That wasn't me. I could have gotten a laugh.

Gruntled

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 28, 2016, 07:07:01 PM
Not to make light of suicide, but at work we were required to attend a suicide prevention/life skills seminar.  The training was held in a large auditorium, the instructor was an older female registered nurse who was also a certified mental health counselor. As part of the lecture, she gave a rather detailed statistical breakdown of suicides as a function of age, gender, marital status, education, etc.

When discussing females suicides, she pointed out women use firearms far less frequently than men.  This she explained was primarily because women are more vain about their physical appearance than men and do not want to disfigure themselves with a gunshot wound.  From the back of the darkened auditorium, a male voice yelled out, "How about ugly chicks, do they shoot themselves?".  The speaker was not amused.
I laughed like a nut a this. Sorry ::)

JesusJuice

Guns and gun laws aren't the problem in Chicago. Black people are.