• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Supernatural Experiences

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 08, 2008, 12:36:40 AM

Avi

Quote from: Garrettimus on November 14, 2011, 03:18:47 PM
Pardon me if my English isn´t perfect.

Well, my dad was installing a small chandelier a long long time ago by the time he was married for the first time. After attaching it to the ceiling, he went to another room and minutes later he hears a "boom". The chandelier was lying on the floor.

He repeated the operation and then it happened again. He got angry and he cursed at it! Then he was slapped out of thin air. In the face. His first wife at the time heard the noise and actually saw a red mark (hand) on his face.

There were no previous episodes of that kind in the house. He left the chandelier alone.  :)

Wow, thanks for elaborating. See, I knew there was more to the story: Ghosts Decry Inefficient Chandeliers, Demand Compact Fluorescents! Was this a new chandelier, or an old chandelier being moved within the house? Did your dad replace the original light fixtures after the incident? Of course, if ghosts start objecting merely to foul language, we're all in trouble, damnit. Ouch!

What is your native language, if you don't mind my asking? You seem to be doing very well in English, but I hear there are ghosts who don't like split infinitives, or ending sentences with prepositions. You'll have to watch your cheeks as you type.

Garrettimus

Quote from: Avi on November 14, 2011, 04:17:49 PM
Wow, thanks for elaborating. See, I knew there was more to the story: Ghosts Decry Inefficient Chandeliers, Demand Compact Fluorescents! Was this a new chandelier, or an old chandelier being moved within the house? Did your dad replace the original light fixtures after the incident? Of course, if ghosts start objecting merely to foul language, we're all in trouble, damnit. Ouch!

What is your native language, if you don't mind my asking? You seem to be doing very well in English, but I hear there are ghosts who don't like split infinitives, or ending sentences with prepositions. You'll have to watch your cheeks as you type.

Thank you. I´m Brazilian, I speak Portuguese.  :)

I´ve been to Los Angeles in 2010, I love the U.S.

As far as I know, it was a new chandelier. I don´t know all the details by heart, I´ll talk to dad and let you guys know.

Avi

Quote from: Flaxen Hegemony on November 14, 2011, 12:33:15 PM
Avi and I should go on tour as a comedy team. 

Yes, we'll call ourselves The Mulattoes.

QuoteI think a podcast with the two of us talking about randomness would be incredibly entertaining.

Podcast? Oh, no. Most Americans have a great deal of difficulty understanding my accent, though it might be a plus for the random factor. WTF is that guy saying?

Avi

Quote from: Garrettimus on November 14, 2011, 04:37:57 PM

As far as I know, it was a new chandelier. I don´t know all the details by heart, I´ll talk to dad and let you guys know.

Cool. Please don't be put off by my joking; yours is a very interesting occurrence, indeed.

I love Brazilian music, Guarnieri and Villa-Lobos, especially.

Avi

Quote from: analog kid on November 14, 2011, 03:54:15 PM
I've never had any unexplainable supernatural experiences. This despite growing up with a mom who was a channeler and a medium.

Alright, what is it with you teasers today! Did your mother make a living as a medium? Did she channel a particular character, like Ramtha, and speak in a weird sort of spooky-voice? Were you allowed to observe these channelings, or was it kept away from you? Was she good at it? Examples? Do tell.

Garrettimus, welcome to the forum.  Your English is fine.   :)  I'm looking forward to more stories.

Usagi

Quote from: Avi on November 14, 2011, 04:17:49 PM

I'd advocate slapping said ghost back for perpetuating grammar myths!  Perhaps it would depend on what decade the ghost lived in...

Garrettimus

Quote from: Treading Water on November 14, 2011, 05:48:58 PM
Garrettimus, welcome to the forum.  Your English is fine.   :)  I'm looking forward to more stories.

Thank you very much, sir.  :) Well, I work in a library, people say it´s haunted. I work there for over 7 years and haven´t seen anything so far, but the cleaning lady saw a full-body apparition the other day. There´s this intern who keeps seeing shadows all the time, and the library director once saw - after hours - a ma'am in a big old-looking skirt.

I like Ufology as well. Brazil is known as being a hot spot for UFOs. Do you guys know the Brazilian UFO magazine? It's published non-stop since 1985. www.ufo.com.br

Unfortunately, I´ve never seen an UFO either.

Garrettimus

Quote from: Avi on November 14, 2011, 04:58:56 PM
Cool. Please don't be put off by my joking; yours is a very interesting occurrence, indeed.

I love Brazilian music, Guarnieri and Villa-Lobos, especially.

I like jokes, no problem. Thanks.

Where are you from?

Quote from: Usagi on November 14, 2011, 05:56:38 PM
I'd advocate slapping said ghost back for perpetuating grammar myths!  Perhaps it would depend on what decade the ghost lived in...

HA!  Usagi, I'm so glad you're back.  I missed you.   :)

Avi

Quote from: Garrettimus on November 14, 2011, 06:07:43 PM
I like jokes, no problem. Thanks.

Where are you from?

I am from Israel, but I like to post on this here forum. Eek! I'll be damned, the grammar ghost got me, again.

Is your library in an old building? That is way cool, a haunted library - but these ghosts are more shy, no? I have never seen a ghost or a UFO, either. Of course, one tends to think that ghosts are, in some respect, distressed - since they are hanging around. Maybe I'm not so sure I'd like to see a ghost.

Centurion40

Quote from: Garrettimus on November 14, 2011, 04:37:57 PM

I have never experienced anything like this, but I knew a realator in Toronto who was showing a vacant house (older home, close to 60 years old) one evening to some clients.  She went in beforehand to turn on some lights, then when she was done she went outside to have a smoke.  Standing in front of the house, she thought that she saw one of the upstairs bedroom lights go out.  When she finished her smoke, she went back in, assuming that it was a burnt-out light bulb. She described it as "one of those old light fixtures" the kind that is nothing more than a wire hanging from the ceiling and the 'switch' is a cord that hangs from the thing that holds the light bulb. She pulled the cord and the light went on, so the bulb was fine.  But as soon as she left the room, the light went off.  She went back, tried to tighten the light bulb (wondering if the bulb was loose and she was also worried that there might be faulty wiring) and pulled the cord to turn on the light again.  After the light came on, she stood back, staring at the light, pondering what the problem might be.  She said that, at that point, she saw the cord pull itself down and the light flicked off.  Scared, she took off out of the house and waited outside for the potential buyers.

She said that she had been working with these clients for over a week and this home was the 3rd that they had viewed together.  They asked her if she was ok and she told them what she had just experienced.  They were not interested in seeing that house, but they agreed to stay with her until she went back into the home to shut off all of the lights.

Centurion40

Here's another story told to me during my time in Toronto (I tought high school there for a couple of years).  One of my students was working at a restaurant/bar on Yonge Street.  There were 2 levels to this establishment with a private function room on the 2nd floor.  Staff had told her about unexplained "stuff" happening on the 2nd floor.  She thought nothing of it.  Until one night, around 11 pm, she was upstairs, alone, cleaning-up after a dinner party.  She said that there were three tables (2 long ones and one short one) set up like a "U".  One of the long tables had been totally cleaned of plates, glasses, etc.  She had set a tray down (the kind one uses to carry plates, etc.) at the top of the bare table to start cleaning glasses off of one end of the short table (at the top of the U).  She had picked-up a couple of glasses and turned to place them on the tray when she watched the tray slide itself down the length of the cleared long table quickly enough to fling itself off the the end of the table and hit the wall about 4 feet away from the end of the table.

She told me that she dropped the glasses on the table and ran downstairs.  She said that she was freaked-out to her very core.  She refused to go back upstairs alone and then quit working at the restaurant the following week.

Garrettimus

Great stories, Centurion.

By the way, did you guys like "Ghost Hunters"?

Centurion40

I prefer UFO Hunters & Ancient Aliens.  I only wish that I could understand Portugese so that I could better enjoy that Brazilian UFO site!!!

Eddie Coyle

I'm usually a wiseass, but I'm completely serious about this.

On sunday night March 29, 1981 when I was 5, I believe saw a "UFO" of some sort over North Quincy,MA. Probably 200-300 feet over the trees and it was emitting flashing colors, for those of you old enough to remember -it looked like flying "Simon" game.

Now, maybe it was completely hallucination...or spawned by subliminal suggestion- the show "The Greatest American Hero" premiered that month and was based upon alien visitation.

Reagan was shot the next day...I'm going out on a limb and saying it had nothing to do with what I saw the night before...though Reagan was shot by a Hinckley. And the protagonist on Greatest American Hero was....Ralph Hinckley :-X

Centurion40

A flying Simon game... weird.  UFO stories fascinate me.  I've never seen one, and I'm not sure that I ever want to see one, the same with ghosts.

Another story that one of my students told me happened to him at the historic Mackenzie House in Toronto.  He said that when he was in Junior High School, his Grade 8 history class took a morning trip to the Mackenzie House.  This would have been around 1997.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mackenzie_House

He said that, as a museum it was really lame and that it was so small that they had to take turns going into the house.  He said that the stairway upstairs was blocked off and not open to visitors and the rumour quickly spread around the class that it was blocked-off because it was haunted.  Boys being boys, he said that a friend of his dared him to sneak under the barricade (a red rope) and go up the stairs.  He took the dare, ducked under the rope and headed up the stairs when the teacher an guide were not looking.  He told me that he started to feel a kind of pressure after about 3 steps and that the pressure grew with each step.  Another boy was on his heels as he went up the stairs.  They never made it to the top of the stairs.  He said that as he reached the 2nd stair from the top, the feeling of pressure actually felt like "a force field" pushing him back down the stairs.  When he stepped on the 2nd stair from the top, the 'force field' actually shoved him and he almost lost his balance.  At the same moment the boy on the stairs below him actually staggered back a step and said "Hey!".  My student told me that at that point, he turned around and went down the stairs.  The other boy accused him of shoving him back down the stairs, but my student swears that he never touched the other boy.

http://www.pararesearchers.org/index.php?/20080806570/Ghosts-Hauntings/Mackenzie-House.html

b_dubb

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 15, 2011, 02:50:10 PM
    Reagan was shot the next day...I'm going out on a limb and saying it had nothing to do with what I saw the night before...though Reagan was shot by a Hinckley. And the protagonist on Greatest American Hero was....Ralph Hinckley :-X
this is one of those matrix moments.  like the other night ... there was this strange ass punk song playing on the local college station.  i shut off the car and went inside.  the next morning i go out and start my car up.  there's that same strange punk song playing on the radio.  at the exact place where i'd shut the car off the night before.  freaky

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on November 16, 2011, 07:32:29 PM
this is one of those matrix moments.  like the other night ... there was this strange ass punk song playing on the local college station.  i shut off the car and went inside.  the next morning i go out and start my car up.  there's that same strange punk song playing on the radio.  at the exact place where i'd shut the car off the night before.  freaky

That weird type of shit happens to me a lot too. Deja Vu as well.
         Granted, I did a lot of drugs between 12-25 years old...but I was seeing "Ufos" at 5. That precedes my first "illicit" drug experience by six years.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Avi on November 10, 2011, 06:16:35 PM
As for Fry's Girl, she called me an asshole several threads over, so I believe the road is wide open. But the more I think about it, the more fitting it seems. Fry's Girl would rock your world, my dear Flaxen. A romantic rendez-vous at the shooting range, followed by a foray into tanning hides, ends with a midnight dip in the stock tank, where you lovebirds could bathe one another while tearing off strips of deer jerky with your teeth. Yowza!
I called Israel's governors an asshole, not you. However, if the shoe fits.... :D

Quote from: Centurion40 on November 15, 2011, 10:20:10 AM
She went back, tried to tighten the light bulb (wondering if the bulb was loose and she was also worried that there might be faulty wiring) and pulled the cord to turn on the light again.  After the light came on, she stood back, staring at the light, pondering what the problem might be.  She said that, at that point, she saw the cord pull itself down and the light flicked off.  Scared, she took off out of the house and waited outside for the potential buyers.

Interesting story, Centurion.  I have a hunch that realtor's ghost might just be a weird combination of bad wiring and thermal effects of the bulb on the wiring.  It would create an on-off cycle in the circuit when it was on, and if she lost track of just one or two pulls of the cord, it would look freaky to her if it happened while she was in the room.

I wouldn't buy the house, either.  Major fire hazard!

Vatar

I've always wondered how much electricity and water is wasted by spirits turning lights and faucets on.  I think the EPA should do a study to measure the impact of paranormal activity on global warming.

ufoman6767

We are having an open chat about this subject tonight around 1am est.  Call in and we can share stories with others.  Five, zero, three, 697, five, six, zero, five

Quote from: Vatar on November 20, 2011, 10:02:12 PM
I've always wondered how much electricity and water is wasted by spirits turning lights and faucets on.  I think the EPA should do a study to measure the impact of paranormal activity on global warming.

Hahaha. Good stuff!

How about psychics? They tell people with deceased loved ones that it`s possible to "communicate" with them. And what do the dead have to say, after all the years "on the other side"? They don`t like the chair in the corner of the guest bedroom. Please.

Northcoaster

Listening to the old Ghost to Ghost broadcasts on Fine Art has inspired me to recount my experiences.

The first time I encountered anything strange was shortly after I moved in with my first roommate in Seattle. I was a young man living in an old house in the University District of the Seattle area. We were living in a house at least 80 years old and it was a rather nice house. Newly remodeled with a huge back deck. I slept in the back room which was connected to the back deck.

I was fast asleep one night and awoke, who knows when, to an extremely loud pounding on the back deck. My first instinct was to get up, but I was immediately brought back down to my bed by an unbelievable fear. This was a fear that I hadn't yet felt in my life. I cowered into my sheets and closed my eyes and hoped to god I was dreaming. I felt relief when I didn't hear the sound for several minutes. All the sudden it came again! THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! I was scared out of my mind!!...... It finally went away after a bit and I went to sleep. I never had that kind of experience at that house again and chalked it up as some sort of weird dream or something.

Smash cut to two years later and I moved to a a new house a half-hour drive away. I was living at the house for a couple months and my buddy came over and asked me to house-sit his house about 10 minutes away while he went to Mexico. The main reason he wanted me there was to feed his dog, who stayed in the house. The second day I was there I was awakened by what I thought was the dog breathing in my ear. I reached my hand over and then down and felt no dog. I opened my eyes and I saw no dog, but two shadows racing across the room and out the door along with a weird muted screeching sound.

I had one more experience at my fathers house about six months after that. He lives a good two hour drive north from that second house. I awoke in the middle of the night with the same dog-like breathing in my ear. This time I didn't even try to get up. The breathing kept happening for a few minutes and I was scared out of my mind for possibly my life this time for all I knew. It finally went away..

It's been six years now with no incident. I hope this thing that was haunting me won't even come back. I've been in tears a few times typing this recount..

Usagi

Thank you for posting this, even if it was difficult.  It's good to get things like this out in some way, considering how rarely the opportunity seems to present itself "in real life".

I was going to make a joke about the sound you heard in the U District just being the usual Ave bum gone astray, but I figured I shouldn't since your brief account had a ring of authenticity.  But, I guess I just did.  Damn.

Northcoaster

Quote from: Usagi on February 04, 2012, 02:49:20 AM
Thank you for posting this, even if it was difficult.  It's good to get things like this out in some way, considering how rarely the opportunity seems to present itself "in real life".

I was going to make a joke about the sound you heard in the U District just being the usual Ave bum gone astray, but I figured I shouldn't since your brief account had a ring of authenticity.  But, I guess I just did.  Damn.

I've told a few people close to me this story in greater detail because I'm a much better talker than a typer  :) My fingers hurt, LOL

CoastCanuck

On my drive to work this morning, (it was still dark out), I saw a bright green object in the sky.  It travelled from west to east, faster than anything that I've ever seen.  I only saw it for about a second, then it was gone. I'm positive I saw this object.

Scruff

You know, what bothers me about this is you'd hope that by MOVING that the entity would stay put and not follow you around.  This story bothers me because that doesn't happen.  Yikes.

Quote from: CoastCanuck on February 06, 2012, 05:51:37 PM
On my drive to work this morning, (it was still dark out), I saw a bright green object in the sky.  It travelled from west to east, faster than anything that I've ever seen.  I only saw it for about a second, then it was gone. I'm positive I saw this object.
Sounds like a meteor. Did it change colors at all?