• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Supernatural Experiences

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 08, 2008, 12:36:40 AM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: haloedorchid on January 02, 2011, 11:02:29 PM
This isn't my experience, but my sister's. I only just recently found out she was into the paranormal when she told me a few weeks ago about some odd occurrences around her apartment. I asked her if she's ever seen a shadow person and she responded with this:

A month ago I saw two shadow men that always tried to talk to me and hide from me. Like it was a game. They would try to convince me that the other was the bad one. It was kinda funny.... One hid behind my curtains and moved them. It always happens when I wake up in the middle of the night. The night when one hid behind the curtain, when I woke up the curtain was pushed back like someone did it on purpose. They tried to be mysterious and secretive but they always communicated in actual voices I could hear. They wore cloaks and hats like detectives from back in the day. They always babble and tell me the other one is bad, that's the recurring theme. They would point at one another and be enthusiastic. I was never scared, just mesmerized. I was only terrified when the one hid in the curtain. I was paralyzed.

I asked if she ever attempted to cast them out and she said she read the Bible once aloud in an effort to do so, but that was too eerie so she stopped.   
seems like 90% of the time, people describe "shadow people" as being dressed in the fashion you mention here.  i'd like to know wtf is up with that.

haloedorchid

Quote from: MV on January 04, 2011, 11:02:38 AM
seems like 90% of the time, people describe "shadow people" as being dressed in the fashion you mention here.  i'd like to know wtf is up with that.

That's what I wanna know. I've read people who theorize shadow people are interdimensional beings think that the hat and trenchcoat or cape are supposed to be disguises. I would think being a pitch black figure with no discernable features would be disguise enough. They're just so effing weird and I want to know exactly what they are.

UFO Geek

Yes, I've had one of those so-called supernatural experiences, of a paranormal flavor.  I can't talk about it just yet, but I was lucky enough to catch it on HD video.  I can talk about it in a couple months, after they air it on A&E, bio channel (per agreement with them).  The folks from the new show, My Ghost Story brought me out ot LA California in November to video tape my story at their studio; then they flew out to my town last week to film on location, where the experience happened.
It was a fun experience. They should air My Ghost Story in the next few months, during season 2 of the series.  Then I can spill the beans. Stay tuned... ;)

UFO Geek

Quote from: UFO Geek on January 14, 2011, 07:44:21 PM
Yes, I've had one of those so-called supernatural experiences, of a paranormal flavor.  I can't talk about it just yet, but I was lucky enough to catch it on HD video.  I can talk about it in a couple months, after they air it on A&E, bio channel (per agreement with them).  The folks from the new show, My Ghost Story brought me out ot LA California in November to video tape my story at their studio; then they flew out to my town last week to film on location, where the experience happened.
It was a fun experience. They should air My Ghost Story in the next few months, during season 2 of the series.  Then I can spill the beans. Stay tuned... ;)

Actually, the cat is out of the bag.  A local TV news station did a story on my story.
http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/ghost-or-not-you-be-the-judge/
The A&E show producer was okay with this.  Publicity is good for their show.

MV/Liberace!

Hey... that's pretty sweet, UFO geek. Can't wait to catch the segment. Keep us posted.

anagrammy

AwRIGHT UFOgeek, you rock.  Was the air colder/moving?  Anything visible to your eye that didn't show up on film?

Let us know date and time for sure--so you're the Mike with the beard, right?

Anagrammy

aldousburbank

Maybe I'm not that smart, or interesting, but I have the feeling that over-eagerly seeking out the supernatural can lead to too much of a good thing too fast, for too many.  Part of my work intimately involves  the inter-tribal indigenous community in the area and to put it mildly, for many of these people what most of us consider supernatural is a dime-a-dozen affair.  Interpretation and manifestation of natural principles obtained from etheric or ceremonial means is a familial and apprenticed tradition.  Yes, there are still respected medicine people, but they are the exception.  It is considered that "occult" experience or gnosis alone is not all it's cracked up to be, and mostly suspect.  This is not the same as cynicism but it serves the same cultural function as our modernized skepticism.

This has pretty much been my experience, the new age woo stuff seems like playing army, and were a real battle going on, these would be the cannon fodder.  However, I have personally experienced the absolutely unexplainable and this is not a tease, but I won't go into it here. 

However I will say that I've also seen totally unidentified flying crap!  Spending alot of time in the way outdoors, I will admit to several "sightings", always with somebody else, on the natch, not hippied out on McKenna swamp gas or anything.  None of them were in any way space-brothery and while impressive, they seemed at least as bothersome as interesting, like there's a creepoid factor or something...  At least 1 of these left me convinced that it was purely a black budget phenomena, at least it looked man-made, kind of like the light racks at a Liberace concert, but floating just above yonder hill.  What really bothered me about this was, "WHY THE HELLO DO THEY NEED THOSE BIG ASS FREEKING BACKUP LIGHTS??!!  ARE YOU MESSING WITH ME??!!

Here's one sort of funny experience which isn't really paranormal thread but it isn't quite smoking room either.  One night a chum and I were stepping out of my isolated rural home to have a smoke (the finest of organically grown tobaccos, seriously) when we heard the sound of Air Force jets (2) coming from low overhead, still out of view behind the house.  Looking up we saw a white shooting star flash toward the west, directly in front of us and in full view.  Only it wasn't a shooting star because it instantly stopped and glowed red.  These jets zoomed right over head also going west toward the red ball, now glowing bigger but higher and further west.  The jets appeared to climb up in the direction of the thing.  In a few seconds the red glow started maneuvering in a wide circle roughly circumventing the valley and yes, the jets appeared to more or less follow behind, but never seemed to gain on the glow.  My buddy and I were just looking up and saying, "What the CRAP?"  I opened the house door and started to holler for others to come out and see, which they did.  It took less than a minute I'm pretty sure for the red glow and the lagging jets to describe a 360 then- the red thing stopped, roughly where it first stopped and glowed.  It grew bigger/brighter, then it instantly streaked off past the western horizon, not as a red glow, but as a white flash of "shooting star", again!  The funny part is that my buddy, somewhat of a paranoid type, did not say Oh Wow, What The Hell Was That(?).  Instead, he threw his smoke on the ground and foot squished it out in disgust and said to himself loudly, as he walked back into the house- "The GDamned Goverment bastards!  They don't tell us, the common man anything!  All they're good at is secrets, them no good SOBs!  We pay for the shit is all..." and on and on.  He reminded me of the Jimmy Bob guy who called Art while taking a cruise into Area 51.  I laughed my ass off!

b_dubb

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 27, 2011, 11:38:13 AM
This has pretty much been my experience, the new age woo stuff seems like playing army, and were a real battle going on, these would be the cannon fodder.  However, I have personally experienced the absolutely unexplainable and this is not a tease, but I won't go into it here. 

please ... go there!

aldousburbank

Quote from: b_dubb on February 27, 2011, 12:26:01 PM
please ... go there!

I'm so sarcastic that I'm clueless as to your seriousness.

If I managed to post something, I might come off sounding like the old guy who says he doesn't know anything then goes on for hours proving it.

onan

Sorry, not a believer. I like a good trick. Having the hood pulled over my eyes can be a fun time. But a swinging door on digital or film leaves a lot to take notice of.

I am not meaning to challenge anyone's veracity, nor their powers of observation or level of gullibility. A swinging door with no one close means a draft, fishing line, or other method of manipulation.

Again my apologies for what must appear as lack of trust, rather it is belief that those reporting are being misled.

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on February 27, 2011, 03:37:43 PM
it is belief that those reporting are being misled.

Perhaps, or as in my case, totally unexplainable, to me, by me.  However what is explainable to me is extremely relative.

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 27, 2011, 04:22:47 PM
Perhaps, or as in my case, totally unexplainable, to me, by me.  However what is explainable to me is extremely relative.

I have no doubt about the relativity. I have no doubt that something happened that is beyond your and most likely many other's comprehension at the time.

But the things that go bump in the night are startling but that does not mean mysterious. Mysterious does not connote otherworldly. It is very compelliing to suggest supernatural reasons for that which is not obvious.. But compelling desire does not make it reality.

All that being said I was not there. I have no authority or specific knowledge to state with complete assurance I am right. I do however refer back to my original point that a moving door caught on digital media or film has more feasible answers than the metaphysical.

Then again I would probably be the first one to suggest Joan of Arc was schizophrenic. But she didnt have a camera.

I do not write this to be confrontational or to simply be a jerk.. So to that end I do believe you believe your experience to be something more than our physical world can explain. I am ok with that.

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on February 27, 2011, 06:17:40 PM
I do not write this to be confrontational or to simply be a jerk.. So to that end I do believe you believe your experience to be something more than our physical world can explain. I am ok with that.

I do not write this simply to be agreeable either, but I don't think there's any substantive disconnect between our definitions regarding not having an explanation, and a default paranormal hypothesis that sounds groovy, but falls short of objective examination or rationale.  Hardly anything turns me off faster than somebody attempting to prove their God or some mystical wazini, or experience, to somebody else, especially me.  These things if existent, need no defending, and if I want some I'll make my own thank you, I'm not in the market for whatever brand might be pitched.

Also there's room to note that experiences which challenge our ability to explain them might broadly be divided into those that involve a purely personal inner experience which apparently coincides with or reflects some outer strangeness/manifestation/coincidence, and those weird times which are more objectively placed and interpersonal, the Phoenix lights coming to mind.  What my real interest is in, is in the effect they have on us in reality, a change of perspective perhaps, a quandry to peruse, a good story maybe.  In the case of the purely personal, let's just say you awake from a certain dream (as an example) that was making you feel a certain way, longing, fear, lust, whatever.  What's interesting to me is the way it can feel after you awake with the thing fresh in mind.  While the dream no longer has an ounce of substance, the essence of it can linger as a feeling, a mysterious memory, or a desire, even though the literal order or images of the dream, have smeared or vaporized.   This, I think, is the real interesting stuff- something more along the lines of a placebo affect, or an itch that you can't quite find the exact physical location of, so you just scratch around a feeling.  Geez, now I'm really not making sense.

Ahem!

So in the case of intense deja vu, or prophetic dreams, crazy ass coincidences, communicating with aliens and angels with and without DMT, and etc.- I am inclined to say that even the most unexplainable and mind blowing experiences have a perfectly quantum mechanically harmonious/neurological explanation that I simply don't have the current capacity to grok.  Self-reflecting, synaptic mind plays and wow stuff like that.  That's cool.  As I say, it's how interesting, inspiring, dissociative, decorative, or completely irrelevant apparent "unexplainable" phenomena might be in our lives that interests me personally. 

Side note: I've always been fascinated by the cargo cults.  The fact that these people see the planes come down with the goods, hey, that makes you and I and all Gods!  It's like a free ride to Mormonville, from their perspective, based on that they've got no better explanation.  Fascinating.  I've been heard to mutter to myself at times, "We're all in one big cargo cult man."  I mean we were a geocentric solar system back when Noory was born.  Anyone who thought otherwise was wiser to keep it to themselves, until word got out, and so now we see that it's a not really a big bannana boat carrying the sungod back and forth across our sky until it's rebirth each morning 'cause Chief Stupid said so.

I enjoy the perspective checking that we do when confronted by unusual phenomena or opinions that differ from our own.  I just don't appreciate boring phony self-marketing raps, and fortunately, not much of that on this forum.  (In fact, this forum might be considered a positive reaction to that kind of stuff)  Writing about this does inspire me toward writing a subjectively weird tale (or two) only to share the flavor of what has affected me, like the feeling that music can give you, quite explainable, but just as magical as anything in this world.

The other thing about paranormally stuff is that I really don't enjoy hearing about other people's UFO sightings and garden variety corn like that.  (I posted one elsewhere here today  :-[ )  Well yeah, everybody loves a well delivered ghost story and things of that nature, but what we really like is the strange and obtusely weird or disturbing turns or epiphanies.  I am reminded of the memorable effects of my Nana's strange stories of old Mexico as told to us kids.  I mean nobody wants to hear, "I saw a strange light in the sky..." more than a few times, but a well told tale with an edgy twist and a funky break?  Perhaps a surprise or two or bumper music?  That's the stuff we all miss!

One last- Anyone here familiar with Julian Jayne's "The Origin of Consciousness and the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind"?  Wordy, but a fine attempt to point out that the human association with mystica and religio/magical l history, along with schizophrenia, wraps well within a model of an evolving bicameral mind.  This now largely unused bicamarilization hardware/software merger providing the necessary social order in the human tribes before the advent of conscious individualization.  In Jayne's view, 90% of what we expect from Coast results from this residual, appendix-like, old brain fart.  I suppose the endo-bio-pharmacological mechanics have taken the lead in this area, particularly in regards to therapeutic treatment. 

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 27, 2011, 09:01:11 PM

One last- Anyone here familiar with Julian Jayne's "The Origin of Consciousness and the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind"?  Wordy, but a fine attempt to point out that the human association with mystica and religio/magical l history, along with schizophrenia, wraps well within a model of an evolving bicameral mind.  This now largely unused bicamarilization hardware/software merger providing the necessary social order in the human tribes before the advent of conscious individualization.  In Jayne's view, 90% of what we expect from Coast results from this residual, appendix-like, old brain fart.  I suppose the endo-bio-pharmacological mechanics have taken the lead in this area, particularly in regards to therapeutic treatment.

I thought I was the only dweeb with that book on the shelf. It's been 20+ since I cracked it I think. You summed it up perfectly.

I have been toying with taking a neuro-phsiology class to get a better understanding of the biology but real life takes so much time. Big pharma has definately done significant research in neural nets, pathways and multiple other physiologic structures. It is utterly astounding how many facets there are to look at. Fairly big news in the last few years is the "junk DNA" we carry. Very interesting ideas crashing into our established concepts of mental illness. (sorry to bore... but I love this shit) New thought suggests that early in our evolution when our linage was following the same branch as smaller mammals, some meerkat antecedent was expoxed to a virus. That Virus was a retrovirus and was able to place its code directly into our dna chain and voila we have been carrying that viral code for eons. Now the tricky part is that the "junk" dna is inactive. BUT when a pregnant woman comes into contact with a similar virus to the original virus/inactivedna it sends the inactive into operating mode and the foundation for developing a mental illness is greatly increased. So Big Pharma is greedy but damn that is some powerful info even if it never gets past the hypothesis level.

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on February 27, 2011, 09:38:41 PM
I thought I was the only dweeb with that book on the shelf. It's been 20+ since I cracked it I think. You summed it up perfectly.

Great dweebs read alike!

aldousburbank

(Coffee good... kid to school, he approaches the keyboard impersonating a thinker...) 
I was thinking...  Isn't the reason that we tend to represent a market for serious inquiry into the edgy due to our desire to have the breadth and width of our reality parameters examined?  I mean, if you set your firmaments by most of what  Hoaglandy types sell, you need your head examined.  But if you judge brand names like Kaku with the same buyer's skepticism, you might even allow yourself to accept that there could be another 10 rooms you've never seen where you've dwelt your whole life.  This at least leaves, eh, room, for one to store possibilities that otherwise lack linear cohesion. Or you might say, that's all BS and I'm with the face on mars and Philadelphia experiment dudes and all my memories are simply government programmed responses and we're all being controlled by unfathomable galactic spandex wearing satan loving Masonic space cult bitches.

Likely, we're drawn to the explanations which suit our particular composition.  But this does not extinguish the need or desire to have our experience or knowledge formulated assumptions challenged, inasmuch as these are presented in a non-moronic, informed, and hopefully brain prodding, even entertaining manner.  (A former radio program comes to mind.)  My instinct; our shared realities lay somewhere between purely bio-mechanical reductionism and quantum hyper electric universe allegories.  The mediums of talk radio and this forum most probably function as our collective substitute for what formerly went down in public squares, mosque and temple courtyards, non-franchised schools of learning and inquiry, community and extended family gatherings, and the like.  Just a fuel station for the old shoulder mounted abacus. 

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 28, 2011, 09:19:29 AM
(Coffee good... kid to school, he approaches the keyboard impersonating a thinker...) 
I was thinking...  Isn't the reason that we tend to represent a market for serious inquiry into the edgy due to our desire to have the breadth and width of our reality parameters examined?  I mean, if you set your firmaments by most of what  Hoaglandy types sell, you need your head examined.  But if you judge brand names like Kaku with the same buyer's skepticism, you might even allow yourself to accept that there could be another 10 rooms you've never seen where you've dwelt your whole life.  This at least leaves, eh, room, for one to store possibilities that otherwise lack linear cohesion. Or you might say, that's all BS and I'm with the face on mars and Philadelphia experiment dudes and all my memories are simply government programmed responses and we're all being controlled by unfathomable galactic spandex wearing satan loving Masonic space cult bitches.

Likely, we're drawn to the explanations which suit our particular composition.  But this does not extinguish the need or desire to have our experience or knowledge formulated assumptions challenged, inasmuch as these are presented in a non-moronic, informed, and hopefully brain prodding, even entertaining manner.  (A former radio program comes to mind.)  My instinct; our shared realities lay somewhere between purely bio-mechanical reductionism and quantum hyper electric universe allegories.  The mediums of talk radio and this forum most probably function as our collective substitute for what formerly went down in public squares, mosque and temple courtyards, non-franchised schools of learning and inquiry, community and extended family gatherings, and the like.  Just a fuel station for the old shoulder mounted abacus.

God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore. --Blazing Saddles--

I dunno, it's difficult for me to establish what my real motivations are. Mebbe we are nothing more than esoteric thought dreaming all this stuff and really it is all just me and everything else is created by my essence... bleh I doubt that.

The puzzlement over the origination of thought is not something easily defined. So I take a couple steps back and use that position as my starting point. Cuz I dunno any other strategy. I will fully admit that probably the most important aspect of our ability to advance is not the collection of relevant facts but rather our ability to extrapolate. We didn't explore new areas because we had formulated precise ideas with exacting plans to implement when we got there. It was our imagination and the lure of possibilities that took us to those new frontiers.

Yeah I'm wordy and hard to follow... I know. So to your point of the unknown... yeah it will most likely be an imaginative process that will lead us to the facts... and to that I say, could not think of a better way to get there.

aldousburbank

I like this thread, especially when we get to quote Blazing Saddles!

I've been beat up pretty good when it comes to thinking I know how stuff is, but I damn sure like to think I've figured out what to expect.  I believe a certain intellectual and cosmic pragmatism is required in this life, unless one chooses to become a wandering naked baba.  It kind of reminds me of what my (very much personally missed) friend Terence McKenna once replied when asked by some starry eyed lecturee what he thought was going to take place in December 2012.  "Well I don't have a clue really...", he says in his nasal but thoughtful style,  "...but I'm hoping for at least a good party"

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on February 28, 2011, 10:19:37 AM
I dunno, it's difficult for me to establish what my real motivations are.

BTW, I take this as a healthy attitude.  History is full of idiot despots who were only too sure.

aldousburbank

I'm on a roll here-
Another thing that interests me about paranormal or edge subject matter is that, some of us are drawn to such like moths to cosmic flame, and others not so much.  Speaking to the choir here, I've grown accustomed to the odd looks I get when certain acquaintances see my recent reading book piles.  Recently, I was "counseling" a young friend concerning some seriously complicated life issues, trying to talk him down, when he glances from my books on the coffee table to me and says, "Why should I listen to you when you've got books about Manson and Oswald and stuff?"  The kid had a good point.

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 28, 2011, 11:10:33 AM
I'm on a roll here-
Another thing that interests me about paranormal or edge subject matter is that, some of us are drawn to such like moths to cosmic flame, and others not so much.  Speaking to the choir here, I've grown accustomed to the odd looks I get when certain acquaintances see my recent reading book piles.  Recently, I was "counseling" a young friend concerning some seriously complicated life issues, trying to talk him down, when he glances from my books on the coffee table to me and says, "Why should I listen to you when you've got books about Manson and Oswald and stuff?"  The kid had a good point.

I speak with mentally ill patients every workday... it is most of what I do as work. It is almost always "young" that ask the most challenging questions. Not so much out of some deep insight but out of their propensity for believing they have learned the mountain by looking at two rocks.

The only real way to (pardon the corny blather... it is my upbringing) know the light is to explore the dark. I work with several master's level and Ph.D level counselor's who on paper are as good as it gets but ones with less than a few years of real living are always at task to understand some form of despair because until recently their biggest worry was how late they had to study. That is really not the best frame of reference when dealing significant tragedy. Not to say that the only way to treat addiction is with another addict... well I hope my point makes some sense.

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on February 27, 2011, 09:38:41 PM
Now the tricky part is that the "junk" dna is inactive. BUT when a pregnant woman comes into contact with a similar virus to the original virus/inactivedna it sends the inactive into operating mode and the foundation for developing a mental illness is greatly increased.

Not sure if this is related but I remember a couple of years back reading a report about a potential of increased "neurotic" behaviors in families due to inculcation of some viral organism or another, pregnant women being a transfer point, and whose host source is cat scat.  Really, I'm sure that I'm not making this up.  I'm just a little too lazy to search for it now.

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 28, 2011, 06:04:30 PM
Not sure if this is related but I remember a couple of years back reading a report about a potential of increased "neurotic" behaviors in families due to inculcation of some viral organism or another, pregnant women being a transfer point, and whose host source is cat scat.  Really, I'm sure that I'm not making this up.  I'm just a little too lazy to search for it now.

I have little doubt that there is always some underlying chemical/physiological reason for any mental condition including the completely healthy ones. So is it possible that fecal matter has some iatrogenic property? yeah I think so. Maybe you already know this but I believe wolves have a virus in there feces that when another canine sniffs they beconme infected with a virus that leads to a rabid like condition... so not much of a stretch to where you are positing.

EvB

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 28, 2011, 06:04:30 PM

are you talking about Toxoplasma? If so, it's actually a parasite - the same one that we are warned about in undercooked pork 9although they now irradiate most of it - still - i don't know anyone who likes their pork rare!) And yes - it can cause a hot of birth defects.

aldousburbank

Quote from: EvB on February 28, 2011, 07:21:26 PM
are you talking about Toxoplasma? If so, it's actually a parasite - the same one that we are warned about in undercooked pork 9although they now irradiate most of it - still - i don't know anyone who likes their pork rare!) And yes - it can cause a hot of birth defects.

You are correct!  Here's a short summary- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1525429/Parasite-that-makes-cat-lovers-neurotic.html

Here's a similar, more in depth version- http://www.economist.com/node/16271339

onan

Quote from: EvB on February 28, 2011, 07:21:26 PM

Yeah I guess that is the right bug... bugs can be scary.

b_dubb

that explains most of the crap the extreme right is up to these days

bmd88

I would like for you all to watch this video.  This is a paranormal series I have been following and I cannot make out their credibility because of their extensive use of mediums.  Please let me know what you think of the EVPs, especially "Psycho Wards are full" (at 4:52) and "Let's have sex, Little Miss Perfect"(at 17:15).  It is freaking me out and I want to know your opinions on this!

Ep 5: The R.I.P. Files St Albans Sanatorium: Web Series

onan

Quote from: bmd88 on March 12, 2011, 10:50:58 PM
I want to know your opinions on this!

I watched the video. I'm not much of a believer in ghosts. I think the people in the video may be dupes, con artists, or both. My opinion is there is lots of talk with the "air" of credibility yet nothing substantive. And the chubby guy, could he be anymore bloviating... "I'm getting multiples, more than one" wow I guess he is the real deal.

EVP's I can't explain them. I wasn't there but I would love to sample all the cast and crew and compare voice prints to those ghostly messages... betcha I get a match.

I think most of the people in the video are probably sincere. Sincerity does not equal evidence and certainly does not mean proof.

How come ghost messages never say anything to the effect of "Hey what's up? I been dying (metaphorically) to talk to someone with a fresh opinion. You have any idea how stodgy dead people can get?"
Nope it is always... "Boo, Imma gonna scare you, and just try and figure out how cryptic I am".

Bleh its fake.