• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Supernatural Experiences

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 08, 2008, 12:36:40 AM

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 18, 2016, 08:39:39 PM
Yes, but not everyone is seeing ghosts all the time and we're just starting to learn about gravity waves. Who knows exactly how they might travel through spacetime yet? Perhaps there are times when these reflections do line up with where we are, here and now?

thats how i intercept what ive experienced, since what i assume i have heard are the last moments of that mans life here on earth.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 18, 2016, 08:37:32 PM

That is really interesting. It also seems like the most humane answer. I'd hate to think I was actually there after I died. I hear stories though where ghosts are communicating with the living like they are confused that there is someone there in their bedroom. I have not come across such ghosts though but if those stories are true that would be interesting. If those stories are true then it might mean another dimension where the "ghost" thinks the ghosthunters are a ghost.

that makes sense, right?

Yes, these other kinds of ghost stories (where there's clear interaction with another consciousness) could not be accounted for by my theory but your stories and norland's certainly could. I think I hear this kind of ghost story more often. Also, remember our proclivity for pareidolia. Some might experience "interaction" where there is none in actuality. I mean, if a 3D-Reality Tape was playing all around you but you didn't know it was a tape you might mistake the conversations the characters in a movie were having with attempts to communicate with you. However, it may be that there are spirits of the dead that communicate with the living. This kind of thing is very hard to prove in an evidence based way though and is prone to fraud and hucksterism. We all know that there are mentalists that can subtly fish around your psyche and reel you right in, if you're not careful. I think one of them even had a TV show for awhile  ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 18, 2016, 08:49:58 PM
Also I biked down that street many times before and after the ghost and never saw him again.

Where is the pic you wanted us to check out?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 18, 2016, 08:50:51 PM
Where is the pic you wanted us to check out?

I was trying to post it. I had a pc malfunction and had to send it to a repair shop. I just got it back. Now it's like I have a new PC with no programs on it so it doesn't show pics. What is the program that shows pics? Is it Flashplayer?

norland2424

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 18, 2016, 08:55:16 PM

I was trying to post it. I had a pc malfunction and had to send it to a repair shop. I just got it back. Now it's like I have a new PC with no programs on it so it doesn't show pics. What is the program that shows pics?

was he able to keep your stuff?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 18, 2016, 08:55:16 PM

I was trying to post it. I had a pc malfunction and had to send it to a repair shop. I just got it back. Now it's like I have a new PC with no programs on it so it doesn't show pics. What is the program that shows pics?

Need data. PC or Mac. Windows, Linux, or OSX and version.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: norland2424 on March 18, 2016, 08:57:37 PM
was he able to keep your stuff?

Yeah, I had three hard drives and one was bad so he took all the important stuff off the bad one and put it on another.

norland2424

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 18, 2016, 09:00:05 PM

Yeah, I had three hard drives and one was bad so he took all the important stuff off the bad one and put it on another.

what windows program are you running?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 18, 2016, 08:58:56 PM
Need data. PC or Mac. Windows, Linux, or OSX and version.

PC windows 10 (but im not happy about it, I prefer windows 7)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 18, 2016, 05:35:53 PM
Cool stories! Thanks for sharing. With more evidence confirming Einstein's theories lately I wonder if what people experience as ghosts are just reflections of past events carried forward in time rather than being the spirits of the people involved in such events. Einstein and his contemporaries also thought that space and time were one cohesive phenomenon rather than two distinct ones: spacetime. We've just discovered evidence of gravity waves. We know that everything, all potential and active energy is radiating at a certain frequency or another. It's unknown how long these radiations or vibrations might keep traveling through spacetime without being dissipated or absorbed. Every once in awhile (perhaps more often than we think or know) events take place in the universe which cause perturbations in the spacetime medium, ripples in the spacetime pond, if you will. What if these gravity waves can sometimes carry the resonance of something long past back to present time briefly, before they keep traveling to wherever it is they're going? Perhaps this is one possible explanation of the ghost phenomenon?

BTW, why was your friend surprised that you also saw the man/ghost?

Interesting theory, and it would explain why so many people claim to see ghosts in period clothing.  I've been skeptical of those sightings, because it suggests the ghosts' clothes died with them.  I've always been open to the possibility that some of a person's life energy (soul if you prefer) can remain on the earthly plane after death, but the idea that they kept their favorite outfits is a bit much.  :D

I have not experienced anything close to a ghostly encounter, but I have an open mind, except for those frauds on SyFy, and enjoy hearing other people's stories.  Art's old Ghost to Ghost Halloween shows were always fun!

Roswells, Art

Quote from: norland2424 on March 18, 2016, 09:02:55 PM
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/exploring-the-new-photos-app-in-windows-10/

OK, Ill figure it out. I get a little icon where a picture should be but if I just posted my pic maybe you can see the picture. Let me know if you can't see it.

So let me know if you can see a picture. All I see is an icon.

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 18, 2016, 09:24:46 PM
Interesting theory, and it would explain why so many people claim to see ghosts in period clothing.  I've been skeptical of those sightings, because it suggests the ghosts' clothes died with them.  I've always been open to the possibility that some of a person's life energy (soul if you prefer) can remain on the earthly plane after death, but the idea that they kept their favorite outfits is a bit much.  :D

I have not experienced anything close to a ghostly encounter, but I have an open mind, except for those frauds on SyFy, and enjoy hearing other people's stories.  Art's old Ghost to Ghost Halloween shows were always fun!
I was going to reply to "Roswells, Art" that it is not so much the tale but how it is told that made G2G, or any spooky open-lines show, good and those stories "Roswells" posted are just as good as others. And, really some of the more subtle, seem more realistic.

I never had any "paranormal" encounters except once I swore I saw a pterodactyl (but, admittedly, it was after a looong day hunting, drinking, etc and was late at night looking up at the stars on a pier way out into the bay and something swooped up off the bay and into the night. It looked huge and preternatural- and though two of us saw it.....it likely was a sandhill crane or something (so said others when we told them about it) and magnified due to "situation," moonlight, and no sense of perspective. But then again.  ;) ) and the story I posted earlier while traveling a long time ago- that I can easily put off to what I later heard described as a "panic attack"- though I never had one before, or since, (luckily!!) but the symptoms seems like it. So again, human condition and faulty thinking. But still, it was a very sketchy motel and the holes in the wall and bathroom door had been kicked in and crudely repaired sometime recently...so some trauma had happened there.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 18, 2016, 09:31:10 PM

OK, Ill figure it out. I get a little icon where a picture should be but if I just posted my pic maybe you can see the picture. Let me know if you can't see it.

So let me know if you can see a picture. All I see is an icon.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 18, 2016, 09:33:39 PM

I see pic, though don't see ghost,,, but let me stare at it and pareidolia work a bit  ;)
ps: you should call in with your stories. They are just as good as any and, actually, the more mundane/brief often seem more real.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 18, 2016, 09:24:46 PM

That is a really good point. These ghosts I saw were clothed just like anyone going out in public. Jeans and such. I can see getting attached to things you wear though.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on March 18, 2016, 09:36:28 PM
I see pic, though don't see ghost,,, but let me stare at it and pareidolia work a bit  ;)
ps: you should call in with your stories. They are just as good as any and, actually, the more mundane/brief often seem more real.

Bottom window. It looks more like an Easter island statue to me.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: albrecht on March 18, 2016, 09:36:28 PM

Thank you. The ghost or paradoilia is in the bottom window.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on March 18, 2016, 08:43:20 PM
thats how i intercept what ive experienced, since what i assume i have heard are the last moments of that mans life here on earth.

Just speculation but perhaps there's some sort of physical "weight" to highly emotional scenes that burns them into the spacetime medium more intensely, with a ghost image that's harder to get rid of?

albrecht

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 18, 2016, 09:39:38 PM

Yes, I did see that right away. Looked like a Tiki-statue type of face. Was looking for something even more creepy though it is weird.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 18, 2016, 09:33:39 PM

I see a bunch of reflections cause by that slat of light to the left of the window. You see the reflection of that light but you also see the reflections of the tree in front and other stuff. It kinda looks like a face with sunglasses on but I think this is a case of pareidolia.  :)

Roswells, Art

Quote from: albrecht on March 18, 2016, 09:46:12 PM
Yes, I did see that right away. Looked like a Tiki-statue type of face. Was looking for something even more creepy though it is weird.

I took some other pictures of the house if you want me to post them. By the way it is a mortuary so they wouldn't have a tiki face in the window, being all solemn and all.

norland2424

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 18, 2016, 09:39:38 PM

Im not even joking when i say it looks like keith rowland  :-\ :-\

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 18, 2016, 09:50:43 PM

I took some other pictures of the house if you want me to post them. By the way it is a mortuary so they wouldn't have a tiki face in the window, being all solemn and all.

Did you investigate any further? Perhaps go in and check?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: norland2424 on March 18, 2016, 09:50:58 PM
Im not even joking when i say it looks like keith rowland  :-\ :-\

I thought it looked like a ZZtop member, lol.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 18, 2016, 09:53:30 PM
Did you investigate any further? Perhaps go in and check?

I'm not scooby doo, lol. I have thought about standing in the same place and taking the same picture though and see if it's still there.

actually, I'll do that tomorrow.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 18, 2016, 09:55:29 PM

I'm not scooby doo, lol. I have thought about standing in the same place and taking the same picture though and see if it's still there.

No, no...you're more a Daphne, really. However, I'd at least take another picture and while you're there you could always politely as to see the interior. Make up some BS about real estate...it might just be a potted plant or something  ;)

Interesting pic and it could be something but then again maybe not.  I have an interesting pic that I took at the Washoe Club in Virginia City, NV.  I'd like to post it here if I can find it.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 18, 2016, 09:58:08 PM
No, no...you're more a Daphne, really. However, I'd at least take another picture and while you're there you could always politely as to see the interior. Make up some BS about real estate...it might just be a potted plant or something  ;)

If I walk over there and take a picture and that dude is in it then it must be something other than a ghost. Maybe curtains or something.