• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Supernatural Experiences

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 08, 2008, 12:36:40 AM

onan

Quote from: b_dubb on August 20, 2013, 03:01:35 PM
http://bit.ly/14h2CNb

man is dead for 45 minutes but then comes back to life

Weird, wild stuff. The conventional wisdom of 6 minutes without oxygen to the brain is no longer on solid ground. I read an article recently that in the next 10 to 20 years science may be able to revitalize someone "clinically" dead for a year. Most likely hyperbole but there is some science to it.

Add to the fact, science has never been comfortable with when death actually occurs and it gets interesting. This guy, whoever the doctor (whomever?) was, most likely hadn't slept in a long time and made a very bad call.

This is all going to get very interesting. Dr Sam Parnia, who's been on the show several times, is the head of intensive care at Stony Brook on Long Island. He's famous for his near death studies with Dr Peter Fenwick, but he's also involved in resuscitation beyond the two hour limit and if I remember this correctly, he's talking about a breakthrough that will enable resuscitation up to 24 hours after death if the cause of death is treatable, like a coronary blockage. The method would be to cool the body and pump oxygen through it while the blockage is treated and the heart restarted. Pretty thought provoking stuff. What if you don't want to be revived?

What really is cool, though, is that his interest in the afterlife and near death experiences hasn't torpedoed his career, which wouldn't have been true not so long ago.

b_dubb

I've often wondered if oxygen deprivation causes brain death then why doesn't someone develop an oxygen patch. Anything to keep a supply of oxygen to the brain

Quote from: b_dubb on August 21, 2013, 11:15:47 AM
I've often wondered if oxygen deprivation causes brain death then why doesn't someone develop an oxygen patch. Anything to keep a supply of oxygen to the brain
Oxygen has to be carried by hemoglobin to the brain. It binds very tightly to the iron in hemoglobin, which allows it to be transported through the blood without getting lost along the way.
However, I will keep your idea in mind.

b_dubb

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on August 21, 2013, 11:54:54 AM
Oxygen has to be carried by hemoglobin to the brain. It binds very tightly to the iron in hemoglobin, which allows it to be transported through the blood without getting lost along the way.
However, I will keep your idea in mind.
Pre bind it in the patch / topical lotion so when it gets absorbed it's ready to

sleeplessinca

Excellent reading on this thread.  I have had several experiences I could share:

I saw a UFO on a distant horizon outside rural and remote Philo, CA.  It was one of those that moves way too fast for something so far away. It also seemed to hop along two trajectories.  It was lit with a constant flashing light.  Maybe it was an atmospheric interplay with a normal aircraft?  I always wonder why UFOs would have lights.

I saw auras on friends once (yes, UTI).  My boyfriend and I had a velvety lavender glow, two other friends had a velvety grassy green glow and this guy who never said anything had a velvety dark blue glow hugging his skin and one inch red jets firing out all over him.  When I saw this, the conversation stopped and everyone stopped and looked at me like we were all really seeing each other for the first time.  It was around that time that I tried turning off my senses to see what was left.  I became aware a burning star of energy in my stomach area - but no body awareness cuz I turned that off.  No big surprise but an amazing experience I still remember.

I seized when injured once and probably had a near or post death experience.  Apparently my outward signs were that I was done - death rale, etc.  From my side, I felt I couldn't take in a breath. The next awareness was of complete dimensionlessness, with the only describable elements being a turquoise light, a grass green light and a beautiful, multi-harmonic ringing sound. I later discovered the sound to be like a well made Tibetan bell.  I can only figure that the Tibetans have experienced it in their deepest meditations and have learned how to recreate it.  I flooded back into my body when I remembered the people I love and that they would be worried. I returned physical awareness from the top of my head into the rest of my body ending in fingertips and toes.  Maybe this is normal for a seizure?  I have never heard it described this way.

I don't know how supernatural any of that is but those are probably my edgiest experiences.

Sardondi

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 02, 2013, 12:10:40 AMExcellent reading on this thread.  I have had several experiences I could share:

I saw a UFO on a distant horizon outside rural and remote Philo, CA.  It was one of those that moves way too fast for something so far away. It also seemed to hop along two trajectories.  It was lit with a constant flashing light.  Maybe it was an atmospheric interplay with a normal aircraft?  I always wonder why UFOs would have lights.

I saw auras on friends once (yes, UTI).  My boyfriend and I had a velvety lavender glow, two other friends had a velvety grassy green glow and this guy who never said anything had a velvety dark blue glow hugging his skin and one inch red jets firing out all over him.  When I saw this, the conversation stopped and everyone stopped and looked at me like we were all really seeing each other for the first time.  It was around that time that I tried turning off my senses to see what was left.  I became aware a burning star of energy in my stomach area - but no body awareness cuz I turned that off.  No big surprise but an amazing experience I still remember.

I seized when injured once and probably had a near or post death experience.  Apparently my outward signs were that I was done - death rale, etc.  From my side, I felt I couldn't take in a breath. The next awareness was of complete dimensionlessness, with the only describable elements being a turquoise light, a grass green light and a beautiful, multi-harmonic ringing sound. I later discovered the sound to be like a well made Tibetan bell.  I can only figure that the Tibetans have experienced it in their deepest meditations and have learned how to recreate it.  I flooded back into my body when I remembered the people I love and that they would be worried. I returned physical awareness from the top of my head into the rest of my body ending in fingertips and toes.  Maybe this is normal for a seizure?  I have never heard it described this way.

I don't know how supernatural any of that is but those are probably my edgiest experiences.
That's an impressive post, both from the perspective of your experiences and your vivid description. And impressive as well that you know the semi-obscure "death rale". And that your friends would recognize a death rale. Or maybe you did when they described the sound or gave examples! Well done.

sleeplessinca

I had never heard of the rale.  I experienced it many years later when we had a horse die in my daughter's arms.  Yeah, it was weird but comforting knowing there is a seamless dimensionless peace that expands far beyond this special 3D world of ours.  Also it's good evidence that keeping up the CPR and talking to the person can very well lead to recessitation.

Sardondi

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 02, 2013, 05:42:35 PM
I had never heard of the rale.  I experienced it many years later when we had a horse die in my daughter's arms.  Yeah, it was weird but comforting knowing there is a seamless dimensionless peace that expands far beyond this special 3D world of ours.  Also it's good evidence that keeping up the CPR and talking to the person can very well lead to recessitation.
One of my phobias, well, okay, not really a phobia but a fear I guess, is getting "locked in" from brain damage of some sort. Particularly since doctors are discovering that even totally non-responsive coma patients can be quite aware of what is going around them. For years. What a surprise.

Also, in a related vein I'm a fairly strong believer in the NDE, primarily because of the strength of the event of so many experiencers, and also because of the striking number and nature of common elements in the NDEs of so many people. That factor defies everything we know about organic causes. And the desperate way so many materialist researchers have of trying to explain away NDEs seems much more like fear than a search for the truth. 

sleeplessinca

I share you fear.  Be nice to your kids!!!  I know someone with early onset dementia and it is very much like that.  I'm glad she has good care.  Knew of another guy who was paralyzed and could only communicate through a laptop.  Someone stole the laptop.  Spooky prospect.

NDE's are really interesting and I can imagine a lot of work could be done to research since there are so many ways of managing conscienceless.  The whole float above the body thing is tough for me to relate to but I guess it could happen.  They put messages on top of things in case people actually can see them. I have never heard of someone reporting back about it though.

BobGrau

gnoory could have learned a lot from this thread.

aldousburbank

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 03, 2013, 12:06:01 AM
I can imagine a lot of work could be done to research since there are so many ways of managing conscienceless.
Conscienceless- adjective, noun. See listing for George Noory for full definition.

sleeplessinca

<applies ice pack to busted chops>
I can't get anything past you AB...

That's conscientiousness!!!

<mutters while making mental note to triple check for funnies like that> 
Damn posting deep thoughtful shit on an iPhone microscreen and double damn it's stooooopid autocorrect.

<Shakes out ruffled feathers>
On another note I was reflecting how this physical plane is one fine tuning along an infinite band of what is.  We are really lucky to be able to be able to tune into it at all.

Curious... is a "death rale" the same as a "death rattle".  It is a horrid sound.  My father passed away five years ago of congestive heart failure making that sound off and on for the last few days of his life.  The hospice nurse told me there was no pain involved and that he probably didn't even hear the sound he was making.  Nonetheless, I hope I never hear that sound again.

This is not a supernatural experience per se, but regarding my father's passing, my mother (his wife of 54 years) passed away two days to the very minute after he did.  She had not even been under a doctor's care.  She died of an irregular heart beat.  One doctor told us such events are referred to as "Romeo and Juliet Syndrome".  He was gone and my mother was simply ready to check out.

I had hoped that I might experience some sort of profound... event, I suppose, after they had passed, that I might feel their presence.  They were both very spiritual people.  Every time I dream of them, I usually wake up at once because I am at once aware that what I am experiencing is a dream.  In the dreams, they never really seem to be such as they were in real life anyway.  The closest thing I can call a supernatural experience in regards to their passing is a distinct feeling once or twice that my mother was urging me to make a certain decision.  It was just a sort of intense feeling -- a message? -- in my mind.  There were no audible sounds, of course, just an intense feeling.

I wish I would experience some sort of profound supernatural/paranormal event.  I would love to see what I thought was truly an alien craft.  I'd love to have a distinct experience with someone who's passed over.  I have experienced rather intense ESP/precognition sort of events, but not much since I left my 20's a couple decades ago.

It is funny to me -- here we are, clearly all interested in matters paranormal, yet this thread remains a little thin, at least when compared to the 1,100+ pages of anti-Noory disdain we all feel.

sleeplessinca

Why won't spellcheck work for me?   :P

Hey Rockies - I'm trying to be relevant  ;)

Fluid banter, giggles and bs are good fun but a little more substance would be great.

aldousburbank

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 04, 2013, 09:49:27 PM
Fluid banter, giggles and bs are good fun but a little more substance would be great.
But not too much because that would be substance abuse.

poprocksncoke

Quote from: b_dubb on August 10, 2013, 07:23:16 PM
I woke up this morning around 4:30 am and there plainly was the silhouette of a figure next to my bed and leaning over me. I panicked and screamed and suddenly there was nothing there. Simplest explanation: it was a dream. I've only ever had an experience like that on before.

I dismissed it and went back to sleep.

My story is similar but I wasn't asleep.  Back when I was married to my first wife we lived in an old house in an old neighborhood.  We had gone to bed and hadn't really been in bed long so I wasn't asleep yet and I saw a woman standing next to the bed wearing white, I thought it was my wife but I rolled over and she was in bed with me.  I turned back over and the woman in white was gone.  I thought maybe I was just tired or out of it because never saw her again but one night my ex wife swears she saw her at the end of the hallway when she got home late from work when I was already in bed asleep.  Funny thing is it didn't really creep me out, I guess it didn't seem threatening or anything. 

poprocksncoke

I could have swore our house was haunted, every night I got up to go to the bathroom the lights would turn on by themselves and turn off when I was finished.  I later realized I was peeing in the refrigerator.

;D

poprocksncoke

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 28, 2013, 05:09:16 PM

I disagree completely. Safeco field (1999) is amazing. New Busch Stadium (2006) and Great American Ballpark (2003) are all great. I go to them any chance I can get. Petco Park(2004) is also a great place. I haven't been to any of the new stadiums in New York. I enjoyed everything about Citizen's Bank Park (2004), except for the Phillies fans.

I agree with Petco Park, one of the nicest stadiums I have been to. 

Tinfoil Hat

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 28, 2013, 05:09:16 PM

I disagree completely. Safeco field (1999) is amazing. New Busch Stadium (2006) and Great American Ballpark (2003) are all great. I go to them any chance I can get. Petco Park(2004) is also a great place. I haven't been to any of the new stadiums in New York. I enjoyed everything about Citizen's Bank Park (2004), except for the Phillies fans.

You should check out PNC Park, Besides their annoying habit of relegating smokers to places where we can't even see the game, word is it's one of the best out there. Let me know if you visit. I'll be glad to meet you and spot you an Iron City beer and a hot dog so you can enjoy the game properly.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: MV on May 08, 2008, 12:36:40 AM
Have any of you experienced anything that defies explanation?  Please tell us about it.  This is my favorite Art Bell-type topic.

I certainly have and it took place over the span of many years (age 4 to age 20, but most intensely from 13 to 17). The details are long and inlvolved and ended in, after much terror (mostly visited upon me) the ale of the house we lived in the entire time. Yes, we were those foolish people who in the horror movie who just didn't pack up and move right away. It is far too much to post here but maybe in a private message, if one is interested. I don;t want to deal with the potential criticism (even though we are all Coasties so we should be open-minded) and I do not want to flood this thread. It is, however, 100% true and I will go to my grave knowing and protesting that.

aldousburbank

Whoa BB, definitely don't post about that.
:o

Sardondi

Quote from: BattyBrooke on September 28, 2013, 04:14:36 PM
I certainly have and it took place over the span of many years (age 4 to age 20, but most intensely from 13 to 17). The details are long and inlvolved and ended in, after much terror (mostly visited upon me) the ale of the house we lived in the entire time. Yes, we were those foolish people who in the horror movie who just didn't pack up and move right away. It is far too much to post here but maybe in a private message, if one is interested. I don;t want to deal with the potential criticism (even though we are all Coasties so we should be open-minded) and I do not want to flood this thread. It is, however, 100% true and I will go to my grave knowing and protesting that.
I for one would be fascinated to read your family's experiences. And I think many here would love for you to take as many pages as you'd like to tell us what happened to you. I can't imagine anyone here would choose to mock a situation which obviously affected you very deeply. To me the personal experience, especially over a long period of time, is by far the most reliable evidence we have for these kinds of events. I wish you'd reconsider.

ChewMouse

I'm very much interested!

You know, MV once made an offer to someone (I forget who, maybe Ponyboy Sunset?) that he could give her a thread and lock it to anyone but her, thereby eliminating those judgmental folks who would deny your truth. (Though there are truly few of them here, I believe.)

I want the story, but it seems like a waste just to tell ME. But, you know. Here I am.

Edited to add: Ponyboy Sunset's deal wasn't potential ridicule, it was that people were posting so fast and furious then that it would've interrupted the flow of her story. That may be true of your story as well.

BB, I'd be interested to hear your story, too. I don't think anyone here would mock you or criticise you. We all seem to be drawn to Art's shows for a reason. I can only speak for myself, but I've had psychic experiences, a couple of which I posted and no one laughed. Gabbers seem to be very openminded about the paranormal, but your call if you decide to post or not whatever you're comfortable with.

sleeplessinca

Please do share BB, it sounds really interesting.  If not here,  call Art on open lines and let us know when or here, or PM. 
It isnt too bad here, you have your cloak of anonymity. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 29, 2013, 04:14:39 PM
Please do share BB, it sounds really interesting.  If not here,  call Art on open lines and let us know when or here, or PM. 
It isnt too bad here, you have your cloak of anonymity.
Was thinking about Batty Brooke's post-
My basic lifestyle and history of intentional query has left me with many a "supernatural" experience in that they score high above the bell curve for what we need to function in the everyday. I let them go AS stories save those that are instructional, inspiring. Sometimes these make for good sharing in the proper set and setting.

There are exceptions. One in particular forever displaced my cherished belief in concensus reality, and came equipped with sheer terror. Not tripping guys, and witnessed by others and all that. But the negative feeling and implications are well beyond the art of good storytelling. It was instructive to me on a personal level, especially in terms of handling one's shit in the face of something indescribeably creepy and potentially not survivable.

My point here is that I can relate to self editing in some matters such as these because it's just not very cool.

Sardondi

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 29, 2013, 09:48:15 PMWas thinking about Batty Brooke's post-
My basic lifestyle and history of intentional query has left me with many a "supernatural" experience in that they score high above the bell curve for what we need to function in the everyday. I let them go AS stories save those that are instructional, inspiring. Sometimes these make for good sharing in the proper set and setting.

There are exceptions. One in particular forever displaced my cherished belief in concensus reality, and came equipped with sheer terror. Not tripping guys, and witnessed by others and all that. But the negative feeling and implications are well beyond the art of good storytelling. It was instructive to me on a personal level, especially in terms of handling one's shit in the face of something indescribeably creepy and potentially not survivable.

My point here is that I can relate to self editing in some matters such as these because it's just not very cool.
Okay, and now you have fired my curiosity up. I think the consensus is, Batty and aldous absolutely must share. Guys, we have all night.

Which brings up the Art Bell Ouija Board incident. I'm having trouble understanding how he could so readily speak of the fact of having had a negative experience, but his absolute refusal to discuss it more than that. Why bring it up if the incident is so horrible that it does not bear repeating? Of course it sets tongues wagging, and make a great part of the legend of Art. Surely I'm missing something about this, because I would think that had I had such an experience, I wouldn't even breathe a word of it. Thoughts?

lonevoice

It is far too much to post here but maybe in a private message, if one is interested. I don;t want to deal with the potential criticism (even though we are all Coasties so we should be open-minded) and I do not want to flood this thread. It is, however, 100% true and I will go to my grave knowing and protesting that.
Brooke, you didn't ask for advice, but it's really all I can offer you at this point.  If there are many stories and events over a period of several years (something to which I very much relate), and if there's a strong emotional charge connected to these, choose carefully.   Consider picking just one event that has the least level of emotional charge for you.   Imagine, if you can, to what degree you might be left feeling exposed, vulnerable or unsafe if the story isn't received in a way that feels supportive to you.   From what you've said, it seems that your fear is of being criticized.   Perhaps consider what other reactions might feel hurtful to you; such as being disbelieved, ignored, or minimized.   Try to select an event that will not leave you feeling wounded or regretful in the telling if there are reactions such as these.     Take care of yourself in a way that leaves you feeling protected no matter how others respond. 

sleeplessinca

The plot thickens.  Such intriguing stories but they sound like they go into a personal space maybe not best suited to this venue.  Some experiences challenge a person's paradigm so profoundly or the person simply hasn't words to describe.  And there is this venue.  I guess we have to wait for that safe moment where trust exists and the story is gone as fast as the sound waves if the words dissipate.