Spouse / Significant other
Money
No Money
Beer

EvB

Marc.Knight

Quote from: EvB on October 09, 2010, 08:42:41 PM
Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on October 09, 2010, 07:31:03 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOO HISSSSSSSSSSSS  hisssssssssssssssss boooooooooo!!!

There was a time when the goal of feminism was for genuine social equity.  Now, however, it is used purely for economic advantage and political opportunism.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Marc Knight on October 09, 2010, 09:21:58 PM

There was a time when the goal of feminism was for genuine social equity.  Now, however, it is used purely for economic advantage and political opportunism.

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on October 09, 2010, 09:47:15 PM
Quote from: Marc Knight on October 09, 2010, 09:21:58 PM

there's a lot of truth in this post.  i live in a very left-ish college town and i find that whenever i make a suggestion to one of my female acquaintances on ... say ... tips on buying a car ... or programs to help someone buy a house ... i get attitude because they assume that i'm telling them these things because they are female and i think all females are stupid.  no ... i'm doing these things because i want to make you aware of ways you can improve your life and because i THOUGHT you were my friend.  i've since given up on explaining myself.  instead i'll let them continue to rent, pay outrageous interest rates on their maxed out credit cards, and anything else i might blurt out at any given moment. 

Quote from: b_dubb on October 09, 2010, 10:56:46 PM

there's a lot of truth in this post.  i live in a very left-ish college town and i find that whenever i make a suggestion to one of my female acquaintances on ... say ... tips on buying a car ... or programs to help someone buy a house ... i get attitude because they assume that i'm telling them these things because they are female and i think all females are stupid.  no ... i'm doing these things because i want to make you aware of ways you can improve your life and because i THOUGHT you were my friend.  i've since given up on explaining myself.  instead i'll let them continue to rent, pay outrageous interest rates on their maxed out credit cards, and anything else i might blurt out at any given moment.

Yup. The insecurity is ridiculous.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on October 10, 2010, 09:10:32 PM

Too pretty to eat.

if i were at a restaurant with a bunch of people and they brought out something like this, i'd dig a spoon IMMEDIATELY into the center of the tree trunk, and just dig out a big fat helping.  as everyone is looking at me with their mouths agape, i'd quizzically raise my head to them, make eye contact, and ask, "what?"  HAHA!!

EvB

Quote from: MV on October 11, 2010, 08:25:02 PM

if i were at a restaurant with a bunch of people and they brought out something like this, i'd dig a spoon IMMEDIATELY into the center of the tree trunk, and just dig out a big fat helping.  as everyone is looking at me with their mouths agape, i'd quizzically raise my head to them, make eye contact, and ask, "what?"  HAHA!!

Philistine

b_dubb

i'm guessing that photo was taken in Angola or ... ?