• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Marijuana

Started by Marc.Knight, March 20, 2010, 01:13:07 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on January 29, 2017, 10:10:29 PM
but I guess the stuff was stronger than she expected?)
It's probably more likely that she was primed to puke anyway. The weed just set her off.
ps: I know someone who is sorta ike you. Is active. The contradiction of the stereotype. He seems to be motivated by weed, not sit on couch or eat Fritos.  Not everyday but weekends etc. Will wake and bake and mow the lawn, clean the gutters, edge the lawn, fix a fence, clean the pool, and place looks PRISTINE and then go fishing or change the oil in his truck or something. It is bizarre, compared to the stereotype of a lazy stoner. I need to ask what stain he uses. America could use it!
I prefer stimulating rather than sedating strains as I'm usually pretty active, myself. That's why I ask about what others enjoy and the effect it has on them. I always feel like I've wasted my money if I just fall asleep afterward.  :(

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 29, 2017, 10:21:56 PM
It's probably more likely that she was primed to puke anyway. The weed just set her off.I prefer stimulating rather than sedating strains as I'm usually pretty active, myself. That's why I ask about what others enjoy and the effect it has on them. I always feel like I've wasted my money if I just fall asleep afterward.  :(
True on both. And everybody is different. I hope, once legal, more actual research is allowed into marijuana and other things. How much is the "stuff" or strain, how much the person, situation, or mood? I recall a funny BBC documentary (but not really scientific) who took a person to Amsterdam and tried different strains (at that time I was there it was basic stuff, White Widow etc , various forms of hash from various countries, etc but still varied.) And it was claimed different experiences, but not a 'controlled' or scientific study, really. Also, there, normally, at least then, lots of stuff was smoked in a big joint with tobacco- so that ads to the issue. I would like a real hospital and scientists to study more, without prejudice or agendas. Same for 'smart drugs,' etc. "Smartshops' shut down due to media attention but almost all issues, likely, weren't shrooms etc but combined with being drunk or other stuff. Some studies and anecdotal stories say various things can help people with mental or even 'hard' drug and alcohol addiction, but government laws preclude real study. A shame.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on January 29, 2017, 10:33:24 PM
how much the person, situation, or mood?

The Leary, et al set (include Aldous' buddy Dr. Weil) think that weed is better classified as a minor psychedelic, the experience of which is totally dependent on set and setting. So, those would play into anyone's experience of it, I'd think.

pate

Jackstar

the stereotype of a lazy stoner

Some nigger jew made it up.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Jackstar ℗ on March 10, 2017, 12:57:00 AM
An entire corner of their store is devoted to the history and science of cannabis, including selections from the Wirtshafter collection, Ohio cannabis activist Don Wirtshafter's hoard of vintage cannabis medicine bottles.

I swear to you in the name of the living Christ--this place is Heaven.

So, what do you do for fun where y'all are? I mean, you know, besides Bellgab.

I worked on a project with Mr Wirtshafter in the mid 90's. Nice man. Genuinely good people.
What I do for fun is watch birds, squirrels, deer, and various wildlife cavort and whatnot. Other than that, I hang out with my kid, ride my bike, go bowling, sunbathe, and things of this nature. 
#hardtobeahippie

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar ℗ on March 10, 2017, 12:57:00 AM
An entire corner of their store is devoted to the history and science of cannabis, including selections from the Wirtshafter collection, Ohio cannabis activist Don Wirtshafter's hoard of vintage cannabis medicine bottles.

So, what do you do for fun where y'all are? I mean, you know, besides Bellgab.

Sounds fun, Jack! What's one of your favorite sex enhancing strains?  :)

Stellar

Awesome post Jackstar I wish I could smoke maryjane, but it makes me mentally ill and I will upload a video which will show my mental illness full-blown from maryjane in a few moments to show you.  Thanks Jackstar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA7oV76gpP0

Jackstar

Quote from: Stellar on March 10, 2017, 08:12:43 PM
I wish I could smoke maryjane

Setting the sacred plant on fire is little more than a sheer waste, and would be an unlawful act if I were Emperor. I am adding this to the growing list of your degenerate crimes.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 10, 2017, 07:49:38 PM
Sounds fun, Jack! What's one of your favorite sex enhancing strains?  :)

I don't know what those are.

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 10, 2017, 07:23:02 PM
I worked on a project

It clearly didn't involve telling me a damned thing.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar ℗ on March 10, 2017, 08:28:17 PM
I don't know what those are.

The article about the place you're excited about specifically discusses that they specialize in that sorta thing...poser.  :D

Stellar

I like sativa from the cool Afghanistan.  I think it was called purple military.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar ℗ on March 11, 2017, 12:16:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWeJ9p42ufg

Oh, yeah. I'm fuckin' thrilled.

Jackstar

There's those implicit assumptions we talked about. I've noticed you've stopped stuttering. How are the shock treatments working out?

In any event, up the voltage.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar ℗ on March 11, 2017, 12:24:57 PM
There's those implicit assumptions we talked about. I've noticed you've stopped stuttering. How are the shock treatments working out?

In any event, up the voltage.

All better now. Anyway, I got you something at the gift shop on the way out:

Jackstar

I'll put them with the rest.

Jackstar

Quote from: Marc.Knight on March 20, 2010, 01:13:07 PM

So, it is now the time for me to point out that you already have a thread about "marry-wanna," and I am not interested in discussing that in this demesne.

Film @ 11.

aldousburbank

Dude you're just fucking with the buzzed now.

effluenza

Smoke if you got em.

Jackstar

Quote from: Σ> on March 24, 2017, 11:09:25 PM
There's already a marijuana thread.   Stop creating new marijuana threads.

Quote"As the legal landscape and understanding about the differences in medical cannabinoids unfolds, it will be increasingly important to distinguish “medical marijuana” (with noted varying degrees of psychotropic effects and deficits in executive function) â€" from “medical CBD”.[52][53][54]"

It's quaint how your resistance to a recategorization of nomenclature is the exact problem I was looking to discuss here.

I can do this on any other board, you know. Don't get cheeky, Bro. You know what goes into eCigs? Hint: it's not dried flowers, Captain Amish.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jack Stark on March 25, 2017, 12:28:25 AM
I can do this on any other board, you know. Don't get cheeky, Bro. You know what goes into eCigs? Hint: it's not dried flowers, Captain Amish.

you'd know about flowers.

Jackstar

Quote from: Σ> on March 25, 2017, 01:16:31 AM
you'd know about flowers.

I accept your implicit acknowledgement of the superiority of my intellect, such as it is.

Now, onward: isn't it peculiar how it used to be, that one could change the titles of their replies... but now cannot?

I'm gonna go Google "+peculiar +flower" and then furiously masturbate into my own urine and feces while staring with gaping, slack-jawed, furious intensity into the collection of images that thus results--you know, looking for patterns.

Quote from: Σ> on March 25, 2017, 01:17:15 AM
no you don't.

I HEAR AND OBEY.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jack Stark on March 25, 2017, 12:28:25 AM
It's quaint how your resistance to a recategorization of nomenclature is the exact problem I was looking to discuss here.

BRB--I'm gonna go get this tattooed on my penis. Why didn't I think of this before? It's perfect.

Up All Night

Teenagers should stop rolling their cannabis joints with tobacco if they don't want CANCER, researcher warns

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4581560/Teens-stop-rolling-cannabis-joints-tobacco.html

Ian Hamilton is a weed researcher based at the University of York

Youngsters should smoke the drug on its own to avoid health risks, he claimed

Tobacco is linked to some 17 types of cancer, including lung, throat and bladder

But no such links to the disease have ever been found from smoking the herb

ziznak

i quit smoking cigs altogether a few months back... I'm all about the mary tho.  I've read a few places that herb can be cancer "fighting" in some cases that's never really made any sense to me tho... I still feel like rolling up dried buds and smoking them has to be somewhat carcinogenic right?

edit: i do vape too so i think im working on cancer and popcorn lung

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ziznak on June 16, 2017, 07:57:19 PM
i quit smoking cigs altogether a few months back... I'm all about the mary tho.  I've read a few places that herb can be cancer "fighting" in some cases that's never really made any sense to me tho... I still feel like rolling up dried buds and smoking them has to be somewhat carcinogenic right?

Yeah, probably. Many weed advocates will point out that cigarettes have a lot of added chemicals and such whereas people consume marijuana in it's natural state for the most part. You could always vape. Most studies have shown that to be in the a lot safer to not at all harmful range. It's still a guilty pleasure for me that I enjoy smoking it more though. I actually find I cough a lot more when vaping vs. smoking. I've been told this is because it's more concentrated but I'm not sure if that's true. Regardless, vaping is probably a safer way to go.

ziznak

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 16, 2017, 08:07:50 PM
Yeah, probably. Many weed advocates will point out that cigarettes have a lot of added chemicals and such whereas people consume marijuana in it's natural state for the most part. You could always vape. Most studies have shown that to be in the a lot safer to not at all harmful range. It's still a guilty pleasure for me that I enjoy smoking it more though. I actually find I cough a lot more when vaping vs. smoking. I've been told this is because it's more concentrated but I'm not sure if that's true. Regardless, vaping is probably a safer way to go.
I've been kinda wanting to do something edible. 

I recently moved to an area that doesn't seem to offer anything like the shitty brick weed I was used to back in philly where im from.  Keep in mind I now live in a very "douchey" area of Dallas.  Fuckers round here are fucking RICH!!  Anyway, happy side effect, I've got a few great connects and they always have great hybrids.  A lot of them are "OG Kush" based apparently.  I'm not the pot snob at all, but it's nice to finally have access to good quality mary and I like to learn about the different strains. 

Back to my point I'd like to find some creative ways to eat this really good pot.  I will actually at times just bite the end off of a bud and eat it... i know thats a pretty simple way to get that "edible" high but I'd like to know from anybody thats tried whatever.