• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard Syrett

Started by muddel, July 28, 2009, 01:15:33 PM

Thanks Morgus!  He's exactly what he sounds like (unfortunately).  Sorry, everyone.  I've been disguising my voice all night.

Mark sounded angry, disturbed, and stupid.  I guess the whole night will be like this as usual.

Nick el Ass

The callers are all breathing into the phone, haha. Mouth breathers.

Brit just said "..turn uranus on it's side..." Hmmmmmm.......

Syrett just said "Richard C. Hobeland." I'm sure "Hobey" is banging his fist on his desk in anger right now. "Goddammit!!!! I assisted Cronkite!!  Dammiiiiitttt!!!!!"

Nick el Ass

Richard C. was on the air, and Hulk Hoagland wasn't on the forum. I'm thinking it might have actually been him.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Deeyeennoveeyetee E. on March 28, 2015, 01:31:27 AM
Brit just said "..turn uranus on it's side..." Hmmmmmm.......

Syrett just said "Richard C. Hobeland." I'm sure "Hobey" is banging his fist on his desk in anger right now. "Goddammit!!!! I assisted Cronkite!!  Dammiiiiitttt!!!!!"

This visual! Hahahaaa!

Bellgab is really slow for me. Takes like 3 minutes to post.

I can't believe I'm going to type this, but Noory does way better open lines.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 28, 2015, 01:54:06 AM

Yeah, BellGab is bogged down.

Morgus

That last caller "Klaatu" was a wild man...

Morgus

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 28, 2015, 01:54:06 AM
looks like time for a new server...

Quote from: BattyBrooke on March 28, 2015, 01:37:55 AM
This visual! Hahahaaa!
I'm thinking "Klaatu" WAS Hoagie, just trying to get back in!

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 28, 2015, 01:56:36 AM
I can't believe I'm going to type this, but Noory does way better open lines.

Syrett is letting people ramble on, and I'm not sure if the last caller was bashing Hoagland... or what. I was lost.

Nick el Ass

Paid add for fish oil, and I'm out for the night.

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 28, 2015, 01:57:36 AM
Yeah, BellGab is bogged down.

Its picked up now but seems to go through fits.

Jacques Vallee seems to think UFO's and aliens are interdimensional.  I used to be inclined to disagree but the more that I have read about the supernatural, there seems to be a link between UFO's and spirits.  Take Bill Bean's case of demonic haunting in his childhood.  He took a number of photographs of UFO's that were flying near his house.  Coincidence?  Not in this case, I think.  You hear about the Nordic aliens who seem to be the spitting image of angels.  Just my thoughts.

PChirp

Gawd, I can't believe this episode!  It's a trainwreck---especially with open lines.  Everyone is coming 'out of the woodwork'.  This is bad---really bad!   >:(

The open lines were kinda crappy -- knda real crappy.

michio

Syrett agreed with the caller who said the Moon doesn't rotate. It's the 21st century, or so I thought.

Never2Late

Hoagland is so delusional and full of himself.  He truly believes the audience has an intimate knowledge of his books, his publishers, his data, etc etc.  Like we've all been his students taking his class all these years, taking notes, keeping track.  And his patronizing treatment of Syrett is uncomfortable.  Acting like it's his show to run and belittling Syrett's knowledge, or presumed lack thereof. I'm glad Syrett had no qualms about outright chuckling at RCH's nonsense, with little "oh, ok"-type asides. 

wr250

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 28, 2015, 03:06:05 AM
The open lines were kinda crappy -- knda real crappy.

with klaatu making hoagie seem reasonable in comparison.

Izintit?

This was the first and last time I`ll listen to Syrett.He sounds too much like Maxwell,the Geico pig.

136 or 142

Quote from: Deeyeennoveeyetee E. on March 28, 2015, 12:06:31 AM
Oh yeah? Well I'm going to sue him for discovering castles on the moon, when I clearly invented castles on the moon.  Wait - now I AM a castle on the moon!  What a view!!

Is that your own material, or is it taken from that Cheers episode?

Nice to hear Syrett played Dylan's "Visions of Johanna.", although the Live at Royal Albert Hall version is better than the studio recording.

qaddisin

Quote from: Izintit? on March 28, 2015, 05:54:51 AM
This was the first and last time I`ll listen to Syrett.He sounds too much like Maxwell,the Geico pig.

expat

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 28, 2015, 01:02:06 AM
I can hardly wait for expat's blog.
No point -- just read previous posts. Same old same old...

FALSEHOODS about the Brookings Report
UTTER BULLSHIT about glass towers on the Moon
HILARITY as he gets all excited about longitude 19.5° when it's supposed to be a latitude, Duhhhh.

I can't be arsed (as they say in London) to write it all again. Check the blog, though, for Mike Bara insisting that the Germanwings pilot was a moslem, and his brother Dave banning someone for disagreeing. What a sweet pair.

Back in the day RCH was pretty interesting when it was just the face on Mars stuff, but as the years go by his ideas are getting less and less plausible.  Worst of all his ego is the size of Mars and he tries to bully whoever is hosting with his arrogant attitude.  Lost count how many times he asked Syrett condescending questions as if he was a schoolchild then the backhanded compliments like "ooh you have been following this story."  It's the host's job to lead the discussion, but RCH was acting like he was host, saying "next hour we'll talk about such and such," and repeatedly talking over Syrett when he was trying to ask legitimate questions.  And then getting in one last jab before the interview was over publicly berating Lex when he wasn't even on duty yesterday.  Weekend webmaster is actually Shawn per http://www.coasttocoastam.com/pages/contact

Wish the current C2C hosts would grow a backbone and stop letting RCH bully the conversation, which was always Art's specialty when it comes to RCH.

expat

Dead right. Talking over interviewers is one of his cardinal sins. And in the case of Rob Simone in October 2011, Hoagland then accused Simone of rudeness.

http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2011/10/review-of-hoagland-on-coast-to-coast-am.html