• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

X-Files, Lone Gunmen, & Whatever (Inspired by Frys Girl)

Started by Marc.Knight, July 11, 2009, 11:29:54 AM

Marc.Knight

The last X-Files movie sort of sucked.  Maybe I should watch it again.

Marc.Knight

The last episode I watched was the one with Block Head, The Conundrum, and the detachable twin that ate people.  That episode was supposed to be quasi-funny.  Conundrum needed some Tums in the end!  It is an X-Files marathon this weekend for me.

valdez

X-Files  was the last show I watched on a regular basis.  The Queen Mary episode was probably one of the best things ever done on television.  I was also hooked on DS9.  Great stuff. 

EvB

QuoteThe Queen Mary episode was probably one of the best things ever done on television.

I've seen a lot of X-Files - but not all.  Maybe not even most, I'm not sure. 

I know I haven't seen THIS one.  Would love to.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: EvB on July 11, 2009, 09:04:09 PM
I've seen a lot of X-Files - but not all.  Maybe not even most, I'm not sure. 

I know I haven't seen THIS one.  Would love to.

It is superior.

Marc.Knight

Lol... I forgot that Jack Black was on an X-Files episode!  Remember the one with the kid who controls lightning?  Ooops, JB just got hit by lightning.

Frys Girl

Quote from: PW on July 12, 2009, 12:14:36 PM
Lol... I forgot that Jack Black was on an X-Files episode!  Remember the one with the kid who controls lightning?  Ooops, JB just got hit by lightning.
This is a good point. Jack Black is one of the many obscure people cast on X-Files who later became famous. Pam's fiance (the first one) from the Office is in an episode when Mulder and Scully are tripping on shrooms.

Jigsaw from the Saw movies is in an X-files episode too.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 12, 2009, 12:16:58 PM
This is a good point. Jack Black is one of the many obscure people cast on X-Files who later became famous. Pam's fiance (the first one) from the Office is in an episode when Mulder and Scully are tripping on shrooms.

Jigsaw from the Saw movies is in an X-files episode too.

I noticed that.  Jigsaw?  Have to keep an eye out for that.  "I want to play a game"

Frys Girl

Quote from: PW on July 12, 2009, 12:21:03 PM
I noticed that.  Jigsaw?  Have to keep an eye out for that.  "I want to play a game"
Yea! He's in the episode called BRAND X where the cigarette company has made some freak tobacco hybrid that also created some freak beetle population that is eating the tobacco executives alive. The only person the beetles won't eat is Jigsaw because he smokes the weird cigarettes that keeps the beetles away.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 12, 2009, 12:26:50 PM
Yea! He's in the episode where the cigarette company has made some freak tobacco hybrid that also created some freak beetle population that is eating the tobacco executives alive. The only person the beetles won't eat is Jigsaw because he smokes the weird cigarettes that keeps the beetles away.

lol!!! Sounds great.  Wonder if cancer man was in on this!

Frys Girl

Quote from: PW on July 12, 2009, 12:29:28 PM
lol!!! Sounds great.  Wonder if cancer man was in on this!
Indirectly. It's Morley, of course!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 12, 2009, 12:30:31 PM
Indirectly. It's Morley, of course!

Remember the episode when he was hiding out in Quebec?  I laughed when I saw that one, because at the time I was living in Vermont on the Quebec border - and his "hide out" was in a town just a couple of miles away. ;D

EvB

Quote from: PW on July 12, 2009, 12:36:55 PM
Remember the episode when he was hiding out in Quebec?  I laughed when I saw that one, because at the time I was living in Vermont on the Quebec border - and his "hide out" was in a town just a couple of miles away. ;D

Did you go and try to hunt him down?   8)

Frys Girl

Quote from: PW on July 12, 2009, 12:41:08 PM

Yes, but all I found was this:

The link is broken/expired, but it shows a question mark, which might be appropriate still.

He was Mulder's dad, after all. He was also the devil. You know, Burt Reynolds played God in season 9!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 12, 2009, 12:44:31 PM
The link is broken/expired, but it shows a question mark, which might be appropriate still.

fixed

Frys Girl

You know, sometimes I think George thinks he's Mulder, the way he talks about truth. I'm sure he watched the show. Who didn't?

Instead, George's theme is I Want To Deceive.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 12, 2009, 01:13:55 PM
You know, sometimes I think George thinks he's Mulder, the way he talks about truth. I'm sure he watched the show. Who didn't?

Instead, George's theme is I Want To Deceive.

He's the guy who gets Cancer Man a coffee and fresh cigarettes.

Frys Girl

DUDE! Amazon must be reading this site. The other day, I put the lone gunmen in my shopping cart at amazon, and today I went in to buy it today and I was greeted with this little message:
Please note that the price of The Lone Gunmen - The Complete Series has increased from $13.49 to $21.99 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 13, 2009, 05:08:13 PM
DUDE! Amazon must be reading this site. The other day, I put the lone gunmen in my shopping cart at amazon, and today I went in to buy it today and I was greeted with this little message:
Please note that the price of The Lone Gunmen - The Complete Series has increased from $13.49 to $21.99 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

bummer.  must have been the viral Jones interview. ;D

Curtis Loew

Ha I finally found the X-files thread.  ;:)    I wish I hadn't posted my X - files stuff in the  refugee thread now.

Anyway check out  season 2 episode 14 http://xfiles.wearehere.net/episodes/2x14.htm  creepiest episode ever.

EvB

Quote from: Curtis Loew on July 14, 2009, 09:55:15 AM
Ha I finally found the X-files thread.  ;:)    I wish I hadn't posted my X - files stuff in the  refugee thread now.

Anyway check out  season 2 episode 14 http://xfiles.wearehere.net/episodes/2x14.htm  creepiest episode ever.

You can mention something again if it goes along with what;'s being said here.  That's fine.  Particularly when it comes to the refugee thread - since the topics there are so wide.

What we want to avoid is multiple threads on the same topic - and multiple duplicate posts (cut and past or close to it) in different threads.

Besides  -- if the mods do need to  "tidy up" after a while - ain't no big thing. We're just asking for sense.

Curtis Loew

Quote from: EvB on July 14, 2009, 10:00:12 AM
You can mention something again if it goes along with what;'s being said here.  That's fine.  Particularly when it comes to the refugee thread - since the topics there are so wide.

What we want to avoid is multiple threads on the same topic - and multiple duplicate posts (cut and past or close to it) in different threads.

Besides  -- if the mods do need to  "tidy up" after a while - ain't no big thing. We're just asking for sense.

You'll have to forgive me it's  2:11 am over here,  I'm up looking for UFOs ( well not really  I just couldn't sleep )
I hope noory's not reading this,  he'll freak out when he sees the number 11 and the word  UFO, maybe I could be an upcoming guest  ;D  or I could write and X-files episode. ( wish it was still on )

M Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 13, 2009, 05:08:13 PM

Is it just me or has tv forever lost its ability to entertain?  Nothing comes close to programs such as the X-Files or the Lone Gunmen.