• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Callers We Hate - Annoying Callers

Started by Borr, July 04, 2009, 07:17:37 PM

Tara

Quote from: slipstream on December 09, 2011, 05:19:45 AM
Callers that ask the host how he or she is doing.

I once emailed Ian and asked him why he always says to a caller "where are you going to take us."  He said he does that so the caller will get to the point.  Most callers are so stupid.  They've already heard several previous callers ask the host about how's he doing.  Why do they have to repeat it?  Did they forget the host is doing fine?  Do think he's no longer doing fine?  Do they think that the host continually needs his rear kissed?  Come to think of it, with Noory, he does. 

b_dubb

callers who go on about how awesome the host is. stop being obsequious already

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on November 14, 2010, 04:04:30 AM
Best of Annie In Bama

if anyone knows of any shows I may have missed featuring Annie In Bama, please let me know. I fallen in love with this nut. I found that it wasn't her necessarily, but damn Noory who made her calls so boring

Thank you! Good fun to listen to that.

Frys Girl

Any caller who starts with "George, it's an honor to speak to you."

KnyeGuy

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 17, 2011, 12:29:30 AM
Any caller who starts with "George, it's an honor to speak to you."

Aye, and anyone who actually tells George that he's doing 'such a great job.'

b_dubb

The losers who used to call in on the time travel line. Time travellers and the obviously mentally ill. When they call in it's always a drag

Falkie2013

Is the secret of the pyramid is that it is the repository for Snoory's brain ?

Which cries out for someone to do a photoshop of the old movie They Saved Hitler's Brian and put Snoory in it.

Last night the guest host said he doesn't know how Snoory does the show ?

Funny, neither do the rest of us.

[attachment deleted by admin]

b_dubb

just add a mustache to that brain and you're set

Quote from: CoastCanuck on December 08, 2011, 04:31:43 PM
In general, any caller who says he's going to keep it short, then proceeds to ramble and take up lots of air time, giving their philosophy along the way.

C2C is the only show that will listen to these crackpots and their "important message".

Frys Girl

Callers who read excerpts of anything

McPhallus

Quote from: CoastCanuck on December 09, 2011, 06:34:02 PM
Yes, I agree these callers are annoying.  Takes up too much valuable air time.  Before people call in, they should have some notes in front of them of exactly they want to say.  They should get to the point quickly as a courtesy to other callers waiting and to the audience.  And the host should limit their air time.  I hope John Welles is reading this.  He needs to control some of these runaway callers.

Savage always has a fit when someone asks him how he's doing.  Not too long ago, he went into a little tirade about it after hanging up on a caller.  Funny stuff.

Does anyone have any more clips of favorite callers, similar to what Stevenqbosell posted (Annie in Alabama).
I would like to listen to more. I tried listening to some open lines shows but the callers were all pedestrian or just not that interesting.

CoastCanuck

Quote from: Morgus on December 02, 2011, 12:34:33 AM
another annoying that caller that has called for over 10 years and way too often is Bill from West Hartford, Conn.
Bill always has to start by saying he is an atheist and amateur astronomer and always calls when Hoagladn is on.
Bill was on again last night.  This guy wore out his welcome long ago.  They shouldn't let him on as much as they do.  Can't believe the first hour guest was giving him credit for following his passion.

Morgus

Quote from: CoastCanuck on December 22, 2011, 09:13:21 PM
Bill was on again last night.  This guy wore out his welcome long ago.  They shouldn't let him on as much as they do.  Can't believe the first hour guest was giving him credit for following his passion.
Last night Bill revealed he has had OCD since he was a young teen and that prevented him from getting a college degree to become a professional pHD astronomer.
So instead since then Bill said he devoted himself to calling radio talk shows since the 70s with Larry King.
No wonder he hasn't managed to get a date or a girlfriend, now at over age 60.
He keeps thinking his constant calling of radio talk shows like C2C will impress them?  :o

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Morgus on December 23, 2011, 12:17:34 AM

So instead since then Bill said he devoted himself to calling radio talk shows since the 70s with Larry King.
No wonder he hasn't managed to get a date or a girlfriend, now at over age 60.
He keeps thinking his constant calling of radio talk shows like C2C will impress them?  :o

Heh heh.  Hinckley thought that shooting President Reagan would impress Jodie Foster. 

Go figure. 

ksm32

DAN from Idaho falls... he,s a fuckin wingnut.I would also like to punch out "hello, its Jeff from the UK".
Olin from Culver city... snore.And the next time a caller tells us all about a dream they had? Im gonna take a belt sander to my scrodum and submerge myself into a lake of iodized salt.

Thank You. Lance of the Canada.

Jasmine

Quote from: ksm32 on January 10, 2012, 09:46:36 PM
DAN from Idaho falls... he,s a fuckin wingnut.I would also like to punch out "hello, its Jeff from the UK". Olin from Culver city... snore.And the next time a caller tells us all about a dream they had? Im gonna take a belt sander to my scrodum and submerge myself into a lake of iodized salt.

Hello to the Lance of the Great White North (cue Bob and Doug Mackenzie!)

I have to admit that I'm blown away by the fact that you all can recall all these callers! My God, I can barely remember one of them. Then again, after years of being subjected to the prefrontal lobotomy that is George Noory and C2C, one can excuse my looking back on all the shows as one big blur.

Morgus

DAN from Idaho falls... he,s a fuckin wingnut.I would also like to punch out "hello, its Jeff from the UK".
Olin from Culver city...
those old callers haven't called in for many years now.
they were some of the classic Art Bell callers, kinda miss them nowadays.

now instead we get a lot of Bill the atheist amateur astronomer and Joe the whiner from Boston...  :o

Frys Girl

Quote from: Morgus on January 17, 2012, 04:09:33 PM
those old callers haven't called in for many years now.
they were some of the classic Art Bell callers, kinda miss them nowadays.

now instead we get a lot of Bill the atheist amateur astronomer and Joe the whiner from Boston...  :o
Has bill called in recently?

The General

Olin from Culver city... snore.And the next time a caller tells us all about a dream they had? Im gonna take a belt sander to my scrodum and submerge myself into a lake of iodized salt.

Hey I'm from Idaho Falls.  It's a small town, I probably know Dan.  I'll have to look up one of his calls on youtube, see if I recognize his voice/bullshit.

Morgus

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 18, 2012, 02:25:49 PM
Has bill called in recently?
Bill the athiest amateur astronomer called in twice in the last week or two.
He even called for the first time last Saturday night with host John B. Wells...  :o

Frys Girl

Quote from: Morgus on January 18, 2012, 03:06:22 PM
Bill the athiest amateur astronomer called in twice in the last week or two.
He even called for the first time last Saturday night with host John B. Wells...  :o
Poor guy. He's a serious mess.

lasertron

Everyone who calls now is a relative of George's, planted to make it sound like people are still engaged in this  creepy husk of a show.

---
I am here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.669460,-112.217149

martinol

8 out of 10 callers nowadays seem to be on heavy medication, and more and more religious nuts. It's horrible to listen to, even worse than GN's babbling.

I've been catching up on Art's shows over the last weeks and most callers had real questions or stories to tell relating to the topic. Since then, either the world went full retard or it's the screener's fault to let those people on line (or is it on purpose?). I wish the host would just kick them off air immediatly, like Art did with a demon-lady: "Hi Art, I have a couple of questions, but excuse me if my Demon interrupts me" - "Sorry honey, not tonight *click*"

Ben Shockley

Callers with the Absolute Certitude of the Completely Ignorant.   I heard a couple of these tonight as I listened to some of the 16/17 April show.

These are the folks who call in during a discussion of some mysteriously esoteric topic ~ oh, like the building of the Pyramids ~ and pronounce that they-- at long last, THEY-- are going to clue-in the dumb researchers guesting the show, and the rest of the world, because they (the caller) "saw a dokyemintry, and they was a guy sayin' (so and so and so) an' he was a expert!!  So, 'at's jis whattAH thank.   Whatta y'all thanka that?" (it comes in all accents / dialects; take your pick)
Never mind that there was a guest on "Coast" just last week, and 5 last year, and about 40 since Art went paranormal/esoteric, who detailed that same theory; and another 40 who have mentioned and debunked it.   In other words, it's been covered.
BUT NO: this genius who's never heard or read anything else on the topic of the Pyramids (or whatever the topic might be), and probably never even heard "Coast" much, thinks that HE has the answer 'cause HE saw "a expert" --and his "expert" is better than the guest "expert," because HE and ONLY HE saw THAT "expert" first; everything and everyone else in the field be damned, because HE has never heard of them.   So he HAS to call in and slow everything down, and probably piss off the guest along with the rest of us, by making them entertain his "contribution."

Starbreaker

I'm getting more and more irritated with callers who give their entire life story and a road map of their podunk town before finally just saying something like "I saw a UFO in the sky." I thought it was hilarious during the last open lines where a woman was told she had a minute and it took her a full minute to describe driving up to a set of train tracks before she was cut off and the show was ended.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Starbreaker on April 19, 2012, 02:27:01 PM
...callers who give their entire life story and a road map of their podunk town...
AFTER claiming "I'll make this really quick"..!!

How about the ones who, after they claim they'll make it really quick (always a sign of rambling discourse ahead), proceed to tell us how they have "three questions... alright, this is my first question... I want to ask this first because...  then after I ask that I want to ask 2 more questions... I want to ask those because..."   Two minutes of --not asking anything-- but explaining their "reasoning" for their choice of formatting.   DAMN!!!

KellenTS

Hello, my name is Bill and I am from CT and I wanted to comment on your guest's contentions.  I am an amateur astronomer and an atheist.  And for me being an atheist I was the type of person who would naturally gravitate to being an astronomer, and that astronomy discovery pathway has helped me realize that I am an atheist.  And I wanted to ask your caller why he thinks that I as an atheist and an amateur astronomer should regard his contentions at all because as an atheist, I would not be able to regard such things as true, and even would cite that being an amateur astronomer, I would know that such things are not true.  But first because I am an atheist.  Then an amateur astronomer.

Did I mention that I was from CT? It is a bad place to be both an atheist and an amateur astronomer, so apparently those things are not really all that important in my life.

- Bill :D

coasttea

Who are the 3 most annoying callers for you?. Mine are as follows.

#3 Jan (from new york) Her voice annoys me so much. She always asks dumb questions like she just got out of grade 2 and seems not to understand the answers.

#2 Cornelius (Louisiana) God bless Cornelius, God bless George, God bless cream cheese and God bless God. Need i say more?.

#1 Bill (West Hartford Connecticut) Every time this guy is on he has to mention that he's an amateur astronomer and a atheist. Gotcha Bill. You have mentioned it a trillion times. Why don't you think up another line of dialogue?. What an annoying ass!

AC400KICK

Bill from West Hartford, CT is also a plumber. He told that t Clyde on Ground Zero