• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Callers We Hate - Annoying Callers

Started by Borr, July 04, 2009, 07:17:37 PM

Borr

We all know that there are chronic callers-in to Coast to Coast AM that piss us off. And I don't mean JC. They're the real wing-nuts that have to call in at least once a week and make a complete full of themselves on air. Remember a few months ago when that pro-pot chick called in all the time and tried to tie every subject into legalizing marijuana? People like that. I'm beginning to believe that the call screeners actually push them to the front of the line.

The one I hate the most is some decrepit old Gabby Hayes sounding bastard named 'Will'. At least once a week he calls in trying to link every topic into some kind of over arching conspiracy to steal his guns. Most recently he called in during George Knapp's show and claimed that the mustang reserve was part of a conspiracy to disarm America.

EvB

Except for the real "characters" like JC - I don't pay close enough attention to notice who's a regular caller and who isn't!

Sorry  :-X

Stevenqbosell

For a while a few years ago, there was a Southern lady who would call in on open lines, I specifically remember her getting in to geroge twice, and ian once, claiming that the patent office are tyrants, and she can't afford the patent for her "free energy" device and another device to help paraplegics walk.

She gets on and just drones, and drones, and geroge actually eggs her on, when after about 15 seconds it's clear that she's been "touched." The 1st time it was KINDA entertaining, but the 2nd time with George made me scream out loud at work when i was listening to it.

george gives her 3 to 4 mins. - When Ian got her, she was on for 1:30, tops, before Ian understood what he was dealing with, and went to the next call.

I swear, George Snoory has ruined this show beyond belief.

Last night.....

"Hi. I don't have many friends. I'm always worried. I've never had a boyfriend. I'm always nervous. Am I going to be okay?"

"I'm sorry, I don't address such personal questions. Do you have a supernatural related question?"

"When my mother was two, she saw a Bigfoot standing over her bed."

Wow. Just wow.

punkinpie

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on September 25, 2010, 05:00:27 PM
Last night.....

"Hi. I don't have many friends. I'm always worried. I've never had a boyfriend. I'm always nervous. Am I going to be okay?"

"I'm sorry, I don't address such personal questions. Do you have a supernatural related question?"

"When my mother was two, she saw a Bigfoot standing over her bed."

Wow. Just wow.

Tao! Ha ha!  I was listening this morning.  I had the same reaction....WTF? 

ringthane

Bill from West Hartford, CT. The guy that has to frame EVERY fucking question from his atheist point of view. Sweet Christ on fire, if there is a God, Bill is gonna shit his spiritual Pampers when he finds out. The topic could be vitamins, chelation, chupacabra, square dancing, yodeling, doesn't matter -- Bill wants to know if specific Bavarian yodel modulations can prove the non-existane of God. Grow the fuck up, Bill.

The blind guy. After the 200th+ pity party call-in, it gets old. We get it -- you have no internet, you're blind, you're lonely. At least George is there for you on Christmas night! Yeoman, thankless work you do there, George -- you're there for all us sorry sacks that have no family on holidays  :: snort ::

Lately there's been a guy calling in that had been abused as child and always asks the guests what kind of afterlife experiences his abusers will have/are having. Sounds like the guy has some pretty hardcore psychological issues.

The patent/invention lady -- yes, I've heard her a few times! This is the difference between Art and George. Art knew how to tweak crazies just the right way and makes it hilariously entertaining. George gives them credence by taking them half seriously and conducting serious interviews. Lametastic.

Someone else mentioned Will -- he sounds derailed. Like some Luddite that just discovered the internet, the federal reserve and freemasons.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: ringthane on October 08, 2010, 02:56:36 AM
Bill from West Hartford, CT. The guy that has to frame EVERY fucking question from his atheist point of view. Sweet Christ on fire, if there is a God, Bill is gonna shit his spiritual Pampers when he finds out. The topic could be vitamins, chelation, chupacabra, square dancing, yodeling, doesn't matter -- Bill wants to know if specific Bavarian yodel modulations can prove the non-existane of God. Grow the fuck up, Bill.

The blind guy. After the 200th+ pity party call-in, it gets old. We get it -- you have no internet, you're blind, you're lonely. At least George is there for you on Christmas night! Yeoman, thankless work you do there, George -- you're there for all us sorry sacks that have no family on holidays  :: snort ::

Lately there's been a guy calling in that had been abused as child and always asks the guests what kind of afterlife experiences his abusers will have/are having. Sounds like the guy has some pretty hardcore psychological issues.

The patent/invention lady -- yes, I've heard her a few times! This is the difference between Art and George. Art knew how to tweak crazies just the right way and makes it hilariously entertaining. George gives them credence by taking them half seriously and conducting serious interviews. Lametastic.

Someone else mentioned Will -- he sounds derailed. Like some Luddite that just discovered the internet, the federal reserve and freemasons.

Thank you. It feels great to know I'm not the only one who finds her top 5 worst caller lol.

b_dubb

Quote from: ringthane on October 08, 2010, 02:56:36 AM

why do they let them through on the show?  what are they thinking?  could it be a portal?

ringthane

Quote from: b_dubb on October 10, 2010, 02:33:54 AM
why do they let them through on the show?  what are they thinking?  could it be a portal?

You know what I always say, b-dubb... there *are* no coincidences.

Some of the repeat callers play into Snoory's faux servant of the light mantle/persona he wraps himself in -- callers like Blind Joe, etc.

Diabhal

Hate when JC called Noory. So fake.

ringthane

Quote from: Diabhal on October 20, 2010, 07:11:52 AM

Yes, the JC calls to Noory are lame, a big reason Noory being so twee/sugary/dipshitty when JC calls in.

Also, I'm 99% sure George got pranked with a counterfeit JC call one night, back in '09 IIRC. The guy's impersonation would've drawn a few chuckles from friends in a pub, but it was painfully obvious the guy wasn't JC and that George (and his screener) had been had.

MV/Liberace!

I have heard only one JC appearance with george. He totally had zero idea how to handle it. The feigned nature of his desperate bid to "roll" with it was so apparent it was nearly tangible. I am embarrassed FOR george noory.

Again, premiere radio execs... I think I am one of the few noory detractors who really could do a better job hosting the show than snoors. You know how to contact me, and I will require no pay.

ringthane

Quote from: MV on October 21, 2010, 01:57:08 AM
I have heard only one JC appearance with george. He totally had zero idea how to handle it. The feigned nature of his desperate bid to "roll" with it was so apparent it was nearly tangible. I am embarrassed FOR george noory.

Again, premiere radio execs... I think I am one of the few noory detractors who really could do a better job hosting the show than snoors. You know how to contact me, and I will require no pay.

That may be another JC call I was going to mention, one where 'JC' was having a tough time staying in character and it was becoming a painful parody of a parody. Ugh, so bad.

Didn't hate, but did wonder how Fritz and also Dean from Grapevine Texas could always get through to talk to Art, like every night.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: 999 on October 22, 2010, 10:06:18 AM
Didn't hate, but did wonder how Fritz and also Dean from Grapevine Texas could always get through to talk to Art, like every night.

I remember the widget guy claiming to have devised a way to call and get on Art Bell's anytime he wanted... maybe a few other characters learned that technique.

I don't think it's that hard to get through. I've called the show three times and got through every time and I think twice on my first try.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on September 24, 2010, 06:19:52 PM
For a while a few years ago, there was a Southern lady who would call in on open lines, I specifically remember her getting in to geroge twice, and ian once, claiming that the patent office are tyrants, and she can't afford the patent for her "free energy" device and another device to help paraplegics walk.

She gets on and just drones, and drones, and geroge actually eggs her on, when after about 15 seconds it's clear that she's been "touched." The 1st time it was KINDA entertaining, but the 2nd time with George made me scream out loud at work when i was listening to it...

LOL she called Art on G2G 2010... The screener must've been playing a joke on Art...

[attachment deleted by admin]

EvB

I wonder if she's another JC?  This clip is funny!

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: EvB on November 08, 2010, 11:41:20 AM

I wonder if she's another JC?  This clip is funny!

I'm starting to think you're correct... when I used to listen to Noory it seemed as if she got on all the time; It does seems a little weird how OFTEN she actually does get on the show, considering there are screeners now...

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on November 08, 2010, 10:34:20 AM
Quote from: Stevenqbosell on September 24, 2010, 06:19:52 PM

She gets on and just drones, and drones, and geroge actually eggs her on, when after about 15 seconds it's clear that she's been "touched." The 1st time it was KINDA entertaining, but the 2nd time with George made me scream out loud at work when i was listening to it...

LOL she called Art on G2G 2010... The screener must've been playing a joke on Art...

;D  Oh god, this is why I absolutely love C2C. Hi-f'n-larious.

Stevenqbosell

You know what? She's starting to grow on me too... She's a charming dope the more I listen to her... She's the new, southern bumpkin version of JC. Soon I'll be immortalizing her, and give her her own compilation, I've got 5 calls so far lol... I can't even believe I'm writing this...

Stevenqbosell

Holy shit I've just started to have an Annie streak on my open line calls, she is major crazy... Evidence and "Best of Annie in 'Bama" coming soon

Oh yeah she goes by "Louisa" on some calls too. Will try to get that compilation up tonight

Stevenqbosell

Best of Annie In Bama

if anyone knows of any shows I may have missed featuring Annie In Bama, please let me know. I fallen in love with this nut. I found that it wasn't her necessarily, but damn Noory who made her calls so boring

EvB

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on November 13, 2010, 11:29:46 AM
Holy shit I've just started to have an Annie streak on my open line calls, she is major crazy... Evidence and "Best of Annie in 'Bama" coming soon

Oh yeah she goes by "Louisa" on some calls too. Will try to get that compilation up tonight

Looking forward to it!

RedHeadRoller

Whoever that guy is who always starts his calls with "I'm an amateur astronomer...' and always takes the entire show off course with his usual crapola.

And I totally agree about the blind guy.

There are a couple of ladies who call in with the same annoying voice under various names. I can pick up instantly on a familiar old lady smoker voice.

b_dubb

i hate UFO Phil.  i don't know if he's a 'caller'.  just that he sucks.  and i wish i'd never heard of him

Quote from: b_dubb on January 28, 2011, 09:11:33 PM
i hate UFO Phil.  i don't know if he's a 'caller'.  just that he sucks.  and i wish i'd never heard of him
I just could not resist:

UFO Phil on KRDO TV

b_dubb

pyramid power?  i thought that shit died off in the 70's

damn people are stupid. and UFO Phil is allllllll kinds of stupid

anagrammy

UFO Phil is the best!  He's eccentric and very talented, possibly autistic (did you notice him distracted by the packaging while opening his pyramid model?)

He keeps himself clean, he's open and  childlike in his wonder and a fantastic example of how freedom to pursue your own crazy ideas --and talk about it-- is possible in America.  How can you not love his side comment that he forgot to include a coffee bar and gift shop in his design for an alien ... refueling?...hydrogen mixing? healing? pyramid.  LOL!

I want a world with more people like UFO Phil, who performs my favorite earworm tune, "Listening to Coast to Coast."

Anagrammy